(Topic ID: 338341)

SANTAEATSCHEESE's Pinball Travels, Arcade Musings, and Pool Stuff

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Squirrel (resized).jpg
    IMG_8508 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8507 (resized).jpeg
    20240610_092916 (resized).jpg
    20240610_092856 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240606_111320_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    20231201_092158 (resized).jpg
    20231210_165408 (resized).jpg
    20240530_134255 (resized).jpg
    20240606_063700 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20240605_184924 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240605_184648 (resized).jpg
    20240605_174247 (resized).jpg
    There are 442 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
    #201 10 months ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

That's what you get for changing your name, I just can't get used to it!

Not enough Z's.

#202 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

You have to be joking.

Wish I was joking. Lots of stupid shit around here with county code enforcement.

1 week later
    #203 9 months ago

Any updates on the HOA situation?

#204 9 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

HOAs don't move that quickly

#205 9 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Quoted from meSz:

HOAs don't move that quickly

Pool is great! Still in HOA limbo. Have not heard back from the HOA, but am hoping for an update soon. Neighbor was telling my wife that the HOA can only deny in first 30 days after sending in an application. So if we don't hear from them we may be good to go. Have to find that in the docs though. Really want ro put up the fence and put down grass but will be patient. Just got to turn on the heater yesterday and it makes a world if difference. Wife has spent the most time in the pool by far and that's good by me. I've been in NJ for work the past few weeks and have to say the geese are built different there. We have Canada geese here too, but we see them on the golf course and in the park. The Canada geese in NY eat trash in the parking lot... but maybe that's just Camden.

20230901_200615 (resized).jpg20230901_200615 (resized).jpg20230902_160042 (resized).jpg20230902_160042 (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_112250 (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_112250 (resized).jpg
    #206 9 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Pool is great! Still in HOA limbo. Have not heard back from the HOA, but am hoping for an update soon. Neighbor was telling my wife that the HOA can only deny in first 30 days after sending in an application. So if we don't hear from them we may be good to go. Have to find that in the docs though. Really want ro put up the fence and put down grass but will be patient. Just got to turn on the heater yesterday and it makes a world if difference. Wife has spent the most time in the pool by far and that's good by me. I've been in NJ for work the past few weeks and have to say the geese are built different there. We have Canada geese here too, but we see them on the golf course and in the park. The Canada geese in NY eat trash in the parking lot... but maybe that's just Camden.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Only thing in NYC is trash.

#207 9 months ago

Where in NJ?

Just Camden?

#208 9 months ago

Love the Target hand basket that a shoplifter left lol

#209 9 months ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Where in NJ?
    Just Camden?

Just Camden. Not only Camden, but Camden close to the river. Got to see the battleship (at least walk by it) and the aquarium probably used to be nice, but Camden is the only place I've ever gone to where we were told we were required to eat in the building because it wasn't safe outside... and only park in the designated garage.

I did get to sneak over to Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA one evening on the other side of Philly. 100ish pins. Scooby was down (as always) but there were some neat pins I see no where else. Really liked T2 there. Adding it to my wish list. The Indian restaraunt next door was amazingly good, authentic, cheap, and deserted.

On the NJ side I checked out a couple of malls further from the city... but didn't get to do too much else (got out too late in the evenings). It is weird up there. Most of Baltimore and parts of DC have gone to heck too... but they went to heck on a gradual scale. You go from shankville to a nice areal in 2 blocks in NJ... in DC/Baltimore its more like 5-10 and gradual.

Also... can't pump your own gas? Security guards at the WAWA gas station?

20230827_163335 (resized).jpg20230827_163335 (resized).jpg20230827_171554 (resized).jpg20230827_171554 (resized).jpg20230827_180351 (resized).jpg20230827_180351 (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_112257 (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_112257 (resized).jpg
    #210 9 months ago

Just Camden. Not only Camden, but Camden close to the river. Got to see the battleship (at least walk by it) and the aquarium probably used to be nice, but Camden is the only place I've ever gone to where we were told we were required to eat in the building because it wasn't safe outside... and only park in the designated garage.
    I did get to sneak over to Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA one evening on the other side of Philly. 100ish pins. Scooby was down (as always) but there were some neat pins I see no where else. Really liked T2 there. Adding it to my wish list. The Indian restaraunt next door was amazingly good, authentic, cheap, and deserted.
    On the NJ side I checked out a couple of malls further from the city... but didn't get to do too much else (got out too late in the evenings). It is weird up there. Most of Baltimore and parts of DC have gone to heck too... but they went to heck on a gradual scale. You go from shankville to a nice areal in 2 blocks in NJ... in DC/Baltimore its more like 5-10 and gradual.
    Also... can't pump your own gas? Security guards at the WAWA gas station?

Not allowed to pump in NJ….I really like it when it’s cold or raining outside.

Camden is an absolute shithole. Everyone in NJ knows not to go there.

#211 9 months ago

I've been in NJ for work the past few weeks and have to say the geese are built different there. We have Canada geese here too, but we see them on the golf course and in the park. The Canada geese in NY eat trash in the parking lot... but maybe that's just Camden.

Those are the illegal migrant geese. They flew over the wall and now we can't afford to feed them properly, so trash in the parking lot it is.

And yes...Camden is one of the nine circles of Hell. Sorry you had to go there--don't judge our state by that. That's like us judging all of Maryland based on Baltimore.

#212 9 months ago

Pools with the lights on at night are always cool. Looks like it will be 100 degrees this week, so still pool weather in MD.

#213 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Those are the illegal migrant geese. They flew over the wall and now we can't afford to feed them properly, so trash in the parking lot it is.
    And yes...Camden is one of the nine circles of Hell. Sorry you had to go there--don't judge our state by that. That's like us judging all of Maryland based on Baltimore.

One of the other circles of hell is Trenton, amirite?

#214 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

One of the other circles of hell is Trenton, amirite?

There’s a lot of circles of hell in NJ…..Trenton is one of them too.

#215 9 months ago

Came for the pool updates, staying for the Jersey trash talk.

#216 9 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Came for the pool updates, staying for the Jersey trash talk.

Hey, Santa had to drive through Philly to get to Malvern too! Another dump.

#217 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hey, Santa had to drive through Philly to get to Malvern too! Another dump.

To be fair, Philly has the only interstate I have been on where the bums come out onto the road between the lanes to panhandle when traffic comes to a stop.

Was thinking about doing Independence hall and liberty bell with the kids. Some parts looked noice but I'm pretty sure Escape From New York was filmed in other parts... specifically the ones close to New Jersey.

#218 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just looked up demographics on both cities lol

#219 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

We should be planting red woods on our Canadian border. In 700 or so years, they’ll be at full height and the Canadian geese won’t be able to fly over them.

I can’t wait to walk through a field or parking lot without Canadian geese manure…..can’t get here fast enough.

#220 9 months ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Just looked up demographics on both cities lol

All the high crime areas, I have studied their politics, their religion, their education status, their employment status, their community reinvestment, their initiative to keep the community clean, why they burn their cities down, etc.

There is exactly one common denominator that ties them all together: none of them play pinball.

#221 9 months ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

All the high crime areas, I have studied their politics, their religion, their education status, their employment status, their community reinvestment, their initiative to keep the community clean, why they burn their cities down, etc.
    There is exactly one common denominator that ties them all together: none of them play pinball.

Haha Geese can't play pinball...

#222 9 months ago

Didn't Philadelphia eagles fans throw snowballs at Santa? Just saying, may want to steer clear.

Satan, not a snowballs chance in hell. Change your name back....

#223 9 months ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Didn't Philadelphia eagles fans throw snowballs at Santa? Just saying, may want to steer clear.

Philly fans throw shit at anybody! That's the last time they left snow anywhere in the stands.

#224 9 months ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Filthadelphia for you!

#225 9 months ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Filthadelphia for you!

I'm going there Thursday. Pray for me.

#226 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Depends on what part of Philly.

#227 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here is your prayer:

In the name of not getting dinged, I had to put all the letters in white.

#228 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

What’s the best part about Philadelphia?

Leaving it.

#229 9 months ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What’s the best part about Philadelphia?
    Leaving it.

When you think what Philadelphia and Baltimore use to be it’s really sad what it’s become

#230 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Staying at the Hyatt Bellevue. Driving down Broad to Wells Fargo Center, then back. Might stop at Eastern State Pen in the morning to say hello to the inmates that are still there...

#231 9 months ago

For Santa:

372901556_18378659962060299_8878890353098290173_n (resized).jpeg372901556_18378659962060299_8878890353098290173_n (resized).jpeg
    #232 9 months ago

I think they would have to forcibly remove the whole family at this point. The water is at 87.

20230904_141945 (resized).jpg20230904_141945 (resized).jpg
    #233 9 months ago

Question for ya Santa.............or maybe someone else would comment if they know..........is that standard practice up there to make the expansion joints that big for the slab around the pool and use that plastic stuff to achieve that? Freeze thaw and all that I'm guessing.

BTW.........nice looking pool.

#234 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Staying at the Hyatt Bellevue. Driving down Broad to Wells Fargo Center, then back. Might stop at Eastern State Pen in the morning to say hello to the inmates that are still there...

That prison is a cool tour, let me know what you think.

#235 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

That prison is a cool tour, let me know what you think.

Will do. And you let me know if you think I'll die in that section of Philly.

#236 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Go in the daytime.

#237 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let me know if you think I'll die in that section of Philly.

There's a lot at stake in Philly . . . mostly cheesesteak.

#238 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Go in the daytime.

Well yeah...but the concerts at night at wells Fargo. Prison is during the day. I'm sure where the hyatt is is okay, no?

I'll be sure to wear my Cowboys jersey.

#239 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well yeah...but the concerts at night at wells Fargo. Prison is during the day. I'm sure where the hyatt is is okay, no?

You might want to leave that jersey home.

#240 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here is the homicide heat map... I'll just leave this here.

Screenshot_20230904_192454_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230904_192454_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #241 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Taylor swift in town?

#242 9 months ago

Here is the homicide heat map... I'll just leave this here.
    [quoted image]

I'm staying home.

Quoted from poppapin:

Taylor swift in town?

Duran and Chic.

#243 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm staying home.

Duran and Chic.

Chic of le freak fame?

#244 9 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Very good chance !

#245 9 months ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Chic of le freak fame?

Yep. Nile Rodgers is a genius.

#246 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Go in the daytime.

It’s easier to see boob in the day time.

Go at night, wear all black, and an all black hoodie so no one can see your face. You want to blend in with the shadows.

I’d tell you to blend in personality wise……but that’s a whole level of being a dirt bag that we just can’t duplicate.

#247 9 months ago

Another really hot week in Md with temps approaching 100+. Good pool time. Lucky to have a community pool at Belair Bath & Tennis with cute lifeguards.

#248 9 months ago

Progress (sort of). We got a response from the HOA asking for clarification on "how/where the discharge will take place". Sending that on to the builder for an official answer. This leads me to believe they are leaning toward approving it if they are asking that question. That may eliminate the "no response means auto approval" path though. Really want to get the fence in and safety cover holding bolts installation complete.

Fingers crossed!

#249 9 months ago

They’ll approve it because you’re now honoring the giving spirit of St. Nicholas, instead of that other guy

#250 9 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

They’ll approve it because you’re now honoring the giving spirit of St. Nicholas, instead of that other guy

I'm on the other side of this argument. Satan gets shit done, 24/7. For better or worse.

Santa, one day on and 364 days off

There are 442 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/santaeatscheese-loves-pinball-a-rebirth/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.