Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 440 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8508 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8507 (resized).jpeg
    20240610_092916 (resized).jpg
    20240610_092856 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240606_111320_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    20231201_092158 (resized).jpg
    20231210_165408 (resized).jpg
    20240530_134255 (resized).jpg
    20240606_063700 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20240605_184924 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240605_184648 (resized).jpg
    20240605_174247 (resized).jpg
    There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 1 year ago

Howdy pinsiders! SATANEATSCHEESE is dead, he has been replaced by his even friendlier alter ego, SANTAEATSCHEESE. I will confine (some) of my musings here. Lets talk some pinball!

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Howdy pinsiders! SATANEATSCHEESE is dead, he has been replaced by his even friendlier alter ego, SANTAEATSCHEESE. I will confine (some) of my musings here. Lets talk some pinball!

Well played, Santa. Well played!

#3 1 year ago

What kind of rube leaves out cheese for Santa? He's a milk and cookies type! What happened to this country...

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

What kind of rube leaves out cheese for Santa? He's a milk and cookies type! What happened to this country...

We leave out cheese and bourbon for Santa. I don’t know what y’all been doing, but no wonder Santa doesn’t leave you the good stuff.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe Santa makes cheese with all the milk he gets?

#6 1 year ago

Satana?

#7 1 year ago

I'm not this good at the guitar.

#8 1 year ago

I guess good really DOES prevail over evil.

Long live the cheese!

#9 12 months ago

Guess what the next big project is. Not pinball and not gameroom, but I think it still counts under home recreation. Talking to the builder tonight to discus final placement. It's been 4 years in the making.

20230613_135936 (resized).jpg20230613_135936 (resized).jpg

#10 12 months ago

Guess what the next big project is. Not pinball and not gameroom, but I think it still counts under home recreation. Talking to the builder tonight to discus final placement. It's been 4 years of scrimping, but we're ready.
    [quoted image]

Does the hot tub go where the sandbox is? ;o)

#11 12 months ago

Guess what the next big project is. Not pinball and not gameroom, but I think it still counts under home recreation. Talking to the builder tonight to discus final placement. It's been 4 years in the making.
    [quoted image]

Putting green?

Too big for cock fighting, they'd be exhausted running around in there.

#12 12 months ago

A pond...so you can piss off the deck for a refill during a drought.

#13 12 months ago

I prefer burnt cheese on pizza.

HAIL SATAN!

#14 12 months ago

Final placement?

Sounds like a burial site

#15 12 months ago

[quoted image]

That is going to be a huge sandbox!

#16 12 months ago

Guess what the next big project is.

My first thought was a backyard rollercoaster. It's probably a pool but... Why not a backyard rollercoaster instead?

#17 12 months ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

My first thought was a backyard rollercoaster. It's probably a pool but... Why not a backyard rollercoaster instead?

lifesize train set.

#18 12 months ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

That was what I thought at first too. Have a second story deck, that would be ideal for the first drop.
    Think it is time to change your project, here are some ideas:

#19 12 months ago

Those are some great ideas. A giant backyard sandbox, putting green, cock fighting ring, pond, roller coaster, or train set would all be fun.

It's of course the pool! But what they staked out in my yard is 90 degrees off and flipped from what is in the plans so we are talking with the builders tonight. I figure it will be alot of hurry up and wait once they actually start digging. You'd think they'd know where the pool was going by now. My only concerns are making sure the pool is far enough away from the deck to prevent kids from jumping in from up high and keeping beelzeboob from peeing in it as well as having it 100% within our property lines.

Once it is in I'm sure my backyard will become the neighborhood kid hangout between the pool and my basement arcade. The only arcade issue with all this is the kids would have to leave the saltwater pool and walk past all my pins to get to the bathroom. I'll throw down a carpet but I really don't want saltwater hands on pinball machines.

#20 12 months ago

I was hoping it was going to be a sacrificial altar where you could cut the cheese.

#21 12 months ago

Huh? Why saltwater?

#22 12 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I was hoping it was going to be a sacrificial altar where you could cut the cheese.

I'm just trying to get the memo to people to leave out cheese this year instead of milk and cookies. So much better. I may or may not refer to my cheese cutter as, "my precious".

#23 12 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Huh? Why saltwater?

To better simulate peeing in the ocean.

#24 12 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Huh? Why saltwater?

Lower maintenance. You can use less chemicals and its generally less harsh than a traditional pool treated with chlorine. There is still chlorine in a saltwater pool, but a special filter using a chemical reaction is used to create chlorine from the salt itself, so you don't have to dump in a ton of chemicals.

https://www.pentair.com/en-us/water-softening-filtration/blog/saltwater-pool.html#:~:text=Saltwater%20Pool%20Advantages,store%20and%20handle%20harsh%20chemicals.

#25 12 months ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

To better simulate peeing in the ocean.

#26 12 months ago

Salt water instead of melted nacho cheese?

#27 12 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Salt water instead of melted nacho cheese?

Seems slightly wasteful. Don't want to end up on any naughty lists.

#28 12 months ago

Lower maintenance. You can use less chemicals and its generally less harsh than a traditional pool treated with chlorine. There is still chlorine in a saltwater pool, but a special filter using a chemical reaction is used to create chlorine from the salt itself, so you don't have to dump in a ton of chemicals.
    https://www.pentair.com/en-us/water-softening-filtration/blog/saltwater-pool.html#:~:text=Saltwater%20Pool%20Advantages,store%20and%20handle%20harsh%20chemicals.

If you have any Qs about getting a pool built, hit me up. We got ours built right before Covid (luckily). Its an gunnite pool, amoeba shape like yours, I think around 20,000 gallons. Have a saltwater setup as well.

#29 12 months ago

Was planning on going this route too with salt. My wife keeps on pushing for a pool. Ugh.

#30 12 months ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Was planning on going this route too with salt. My wife keeps on pushing for a pool. Ugh.

Salt is great. Ours is. Only downfall is if you have a lot of trees the chemicals can get out of whack quickly when they drop leaves etc. into the pool.

#31 12 months ago

Saltwater systems are great. The only downside for me is it tends to jack up the PH in your pool. And if you have a gunite pool, that can get amplified a bit. Water is super soft though and once you get it dialed in, you really don't have to touch it.

#32 12 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

If you have any Qs about getting a pool built, hit me up. We got ours built right before Covid (luckily). Its an gunnite pool, amoeba shape like yours, I think around 20,000 gallons. Have a saltwater setup as well.

Thanks! Hoping to get more details when I talk to the builder here in a few hours. Havn't done/talked much about it since we put our deposit down in February 2022. There has been HUGE pool drama around hear locally as one of the 3 big contractors went out of business after taking people's money with a bunch of people stuck in mud pits in their back yard. Luckily we chose a different builder.

My wife has asked for two things in our marriage that she has felt guilty about. One was an expensive Tempurpedic mattress when we first got married, and the other was the pool. 2 Things in almost 15 years of marriage. It took me years to scrape up enough to make it happen but its happening.

Quoted from titanpenguin:

Salt is great. Ours is. Only downfall is if you have a lot of trees the chemicals can get out of whack quickly when they drop leaves etc. into the pool.

We had to have a couple of trees removed and we are on the edge of the woods. Luckily the trees around here don't drop much during the time our pool would be open. I worked at an aquarium store and have maintained much more sensitive saltwater and freshwater fish tanks so it can't be THAT bad.

#33 12 months ago

My pool is due for replastering, it has lasted almost 30 years, so its due for sure. Not looking forward to it (the bill anyway), would much rather buy another pin

#34 12 months ago

I worked at an aquarium store and have maintained much more sensitive saltwater and freshwater fish tanks so it can't be THAT bad.

It's still a routine but it's much easier than a saltwater aquarium.

#35 12 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Saltwater systems are great. The only downside for me is it tends to jack up the PH in your pool. And if you have a gunite pool, that can get amplified a bit. Water is super soft though and once you get it dialed in, you really don't have to touch it.

Yes I’ve heard about this. Thanks.

#36 12 months ago

Probably will go with fiberglass if anything. Will see.

#37 12 months ago

Hey @santaeatscheese, congrats on the pool. Salt water is the only way to go. Since we live in the same county, have you gotten all of your permits done? I know AA is running behind on things now. Also, my understanding is that they are very particular on offsets to the property lines. I am assuming your pool company has all of that taken care of, but you might double check.

#38 12 months ago

What’s your favorite cheese Santa

#39 12 months ago

Cheese n crackers > milk n cookies

Who's with me besides Santa himself?

#40 12 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball1987:

Gotta be Jarlsberg

#41 12 months ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Hey SantaEatsCheese, congrats on the pool. Salt water is the only way to go.

I thought the same thing until I had to replace the salt cell which was 400 bucks after about 4 years, and then my controller took a crap about 8 months later and distros wanted even stupider money for that. I let mine go to normal chlorine maintenance.

#42 12 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball1987:

I went on a Caribbean cruise on my honeymoon and they had these really great raw brie cheeses. You can't buy unpasteurized cheese but I always seek it out when I'm out of the states.

#43 12 months ago

Pool guy says they are further along than I thought. He already has permits. The bad news is that the pool isn't going exactly where I thought it was. The good news is its partially going into new yard space that is within my property line but not my current fence line, so despite getting a pool put in my yard will only be marginally smaller when done. I had a steep grade off the side of my property but that can be fixed with all the fill dirt that will come out of the pool.

O... and they start digging next week!

#44 12 months ago

I went on a Caribbean cruise on my honeymoon and they had these really great raw brie cheeses. You can't buy unpasteurized cheese but I always seek it out when I'm out of the states.

Hate to be on a cruise eating something like that! Came down with norovirus one trip. Nasty.

#45 12 months ago

Hate to be on a cruise eating something like that! Came down with norovirus one trip. Nasty.

Caribbean Islands are world renowned for their food safety.

#46 12 months ago

Pool guy says they are further along than I thought. He already has permits. The bad news is that the pool isn't going exactly where I thought it was. The good news is its partially going into new yard space that is within my property line but not my current fence line, so despite getting a pool put in my yard will only be marginally smaller when done. I had a steep grade off the side of my property but that can be fixed with all the fill dirt that will come out of the pool.
    O... and they start digging next week!

Glad to hear. So I am assuming you will need to get some new fencing put in place ?

#47 12 months ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Glad to hear. So I am assuming you will need to get some new fencing put in place ?

Yes... included in the price. Privacy one one side but see through on the other facing the forest.

#48 12 months ago

Perfect placement for my pool is at my girlfriends house. I think she does the salt thing too but that's her issue.

#49 12 months ago

Caribbean Islands are world renowned for their food safety.

Oh for sure! Freakin Disney cruise and quarantine in my room for one night before departure. Glad I had trip insurance.

#50 12 months ago

Oh cool! A pinball arcade basement with bathroom that leads to a new pool! Let me know when opening day is.
    Thanks for all your help at Allentown!

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/santaeatscheese-loves-pinball-a-rebirth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.