20190605_124922 (resized).jpg
20190605_124856 (resized).jpg
20190605_124908 (resized).jpg
20190605_124844 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-19-11-43-39 (resized).png
20190516_133946 (resized).jpg
0413191603_HDR (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-01-19-17-56 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I already have the complete cabinet, led screen, and accessories, so I got some hardware.
-Raspberry pi 3b+
-Class 10 64gb sandisk micro sd card
-Arcade Joystick and button kit for Raspberry pi 3
I have heard that arcade punks and retro pie are the way to go. Any suggestions?

I did a conversion last week with an arcade1up SF2 cab. Used the the ETA Prime instructions. Thought the most nerve wracking part would be drilling holes in the control panel, but just understanding the setup properly and finding ROMs and putting them where they should be to get it to work. Also had the wrong amp but found an RCA to 1.5mm jack converter in my 25 year old drawer of "possibly useful extra cables" so it all worked out.

Still can't get MAME to work, though. You'll no doubt watch 8 other vids because you'll encounter problems. Finding the right vids is tricky.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Did you use retro pie?

Yes

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I already have an arcade in which I am putting the ras pi in. My hope is to plug n play the ras pi with the joysticks and buttons I ordered, and use the current speaker system (which is very nice). I will also put on side art, a marquee, and a bezel.
I have cleaned the arcade inside and out and installed the buttons.
I hit a couple of snags, however. I need a specific light for behind the marquee. I also need a dvi adapter because the monitor has a 15 pin...so i need to adapt it for hdmi.
I have joysticks that dont line up with current screws, so i need to adapt that as well.
I will keep this thread up as a tutorial.
Of course, if anyone has advice, please chime in.

Make sure you install joysticks in the same direction.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Do you know how to set it up to accept 2 joysticks, or does it already do that?
I have recal box

Not sure what recal box means? But mine detected 2 inputs (via USB) which you then configure.

I imagine this can be different depending on the kit, but I installed one stick "reversed." I put it in with the connector at the top of one, and the bottom of another. The Pi needed them facing the same direction.

No instructions w/my Pi kit.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone?
It seems from what i read that maybe it isnt detecting the hdmi input and i need to force it to use the hdmi. Any info is appreciated.

Do you have it hooked up to a TV?

That’s what I use as my monitor first to get the Pi set up and enable WIFI. Helps because there’s a keyboard.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raspberry-pi-arcade?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.