You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_14 (resized).png
frontier (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170308-012621 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 7 years ago

Has anyone ever consulted the Pinside rating database to figure out if they should buy, or even play, a game or not?

Because if that person exists, they should be flensed.

Another Pinside popularity contest confirmed? Seems so.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I check the ratings and written reviews along with watching videos, looking at pics and reading the club threads. I never use the ratings alone. I remember doing this with BSD and Hook as they were my most expensive purchases.

What purpose does checking the reviews serve? Does it keep you from buying and or playing a game?

I'm not trying to start an argument; I'm genuinely curious.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It's just interesting. That's all.
Why do people post in threads they have no interest in?

I didn't say I wasn't interested in the top 100 - thanks for misinterpreting what I said, though! 100 Pinside Boys Club tokens have been deposited to your account.

Because I've read Caucasian2Steps reviews on IPDB and they're amazing. He comes across as someone who loves pinball, not someone who wants to skew the rankings.

My question is: how do the ratings ultimately effect your life? Would you not buy a game with a low rating? Would you not play a game with a low rating?

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

They don't Affect anyone's lives any more than anything else on Pinside. The rankings and reviews are just a mildly interesting part of Pinside. People buy "unpopular" games all the time. I'm currently in the market for several games that in the 300+ zone, as well as several unranked EMs. That doesn't mean that the rankings have no value.

It's not that I don't think the ratings have any value, but I again, I ask: how do the ratings affect your decisions regarding game? It seems like they don't affect you much, if you're buying 300+ ranked titles.

But when you got dudes like WackyBrakke totally skewing the results just because of whatever, I wonder about the effectiveness of ratings. And if they matter. And who they matter to.

#112 7 years ago

@chisox, that seems legit. You have humbled me. I should be the one flensed.

#114 7 years ago

Well shit, @russell. Wanna make out?

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'll have to check out your "make-out" reviews first.

7/10 "kind of slobbery"

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

I would not spend $$ for a flight, hotel and show tickets to play machines that are ranked in the bottom 100.

Really? Looking at the pins from 300 - 369, there are a lot of gems in that list: Viper Night Drivin', Spy Hunter, Gold Wings, Lost In Space, Cybernaut... AND MY BELOVED MONTE CARLO AT 364 WHO WRITES THIS SH!T????!!!?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prepare-for-chaos-in-the-top-100?tu=cornelius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.