You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_14 (resized).png
frontier (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170308-012621 (resized).png
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

Dialed In has received it's 15th rating.

Where do you think it will debut?

#2 7 years ago

The real question should be "where do you think it will settle out."

#3 7 years ago

Should reviews even count yet? The games out in the wild are testers running beta code.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Should reviews even count yet? The games out in the wild are testers running beta code.

Probably not, but the game is already better than a lot of the games in the top 100.

#5 7 years ago

Chaos already exists. The top 100 no longer represents 100 pins. How many versions of DI are they making? Two right now I believe but you can bet your boots there will another super deluxe gold plated smart phone limited edition model released, which will only knock off another title from the so-called top 100. Ok, rant over. Where will DI land? Number 1 of course, that is until the hordes, many who haven't even played it, down vote it. Eventually it will find its own rightful place. Check back in a year or so.

#6 7 years ago

I too find it obnoxious that several titles take up 2-3 slots in the top 100. I think an aggregate of the various versions would better serve the list.

#7 7 years ago

Rankings mean nothing.
It's all about how well you like the game.

#8 7 years ago

I agree JonH123 . The top 100 is not what is listed at all, it is what your own taste says the top 100 is.. I own TZ and I own a MET premium . Tz is not #1 in this house or even #2 My Top number 1 Is MetPrem/TwdPrem/SM/GOTpro/TS/ So TZ still not even in my Top 5 / all a matter of taste / Hang up the hate wagon

#9 7 years ago

Personally yes it is all personal taste and yeah because its an aggregate nobody is going to personally agree with the list. But I find it facinating seeing how games rank across different tastes.

#10 7 years ago

Chaos will truly come when Magic Girl gets 15 ratings. Who would have imagined 15 people would ever get to play it?

#11 7 years ago

Jack played Dialed In; He likes it!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Jack played Dialed In; He likes it!

#13 7 years ago

Does anybody really care? I have no need for pinball ratings myself. Don't even know why there are any.

I just play them. If they suck, they suck. If they don't, they don't. I don't need anybody else to tell me that.

#14 7 years ago

About time! How long has it taken for a New pin to shake things up? It would be awesome if Alien generated a similar response, then the next Stern, then the next JJP...

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Rankings mean nothing.
It's all about how well you like the game.

I agree...Heck I like Gilligan's Island!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does anybody really care? I have no need for pinball ratings myself. Don't even know why there are any.
I just play them. If they suck, they suck. If they don't, they don't. I don't need anybody else to tell me that.

I like doing it for myself. It's fun to rate each category honestly and see where it lands next to my other ratings.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like doing it for myself. It's fun to rate each category honestly and see where it lands next to my other ratings.

Agreed. I find it funny that all of these people are saying, "Ratings mean nothing" and "Who cares? If I like it, that's all that matters!". Yet, here you are, commenting. Interesting.

#18 7 years ago

If you currently query it for games with at least 10 ratings, it sets at #7. MMR is #1, Pinbot 2.0 is #2. So a few more ratings on those also will shake it up a bit.

#19 7 years ago

Pinside needs to dump all ratings that are 1s and 2s as well as 9s and tens some people rate all games they own as tens and turn the top 100 into a joke

#20 7 years ago

As my personal ratings aren't very reflective of what I would end up with if I listed my top 100 pinball machines, I don't sweat the aggregated ratings too much. While the order might be a bit wonky, they do serve as a general reference point for how people feel about a game.

The feature I would like would be to be able to separately score and rank a game. For example, I think AC/DC has pretty terrible art, but I also think it's the best modern Stern. If I want to make sure it's the highest rated Stern, I have to fudge numbers to make it sit there, because it gets hammered in the art side of things. It would be nice if I could just throw an overall ranking on it within my personal ratings. That way I could have AC/DC as the #1 Stern game, even though another game might have a higher averaged score. Those rankings, rather than ratings, could be what end up determining the top 100. Weight the #1 rankings a bit higher than the #2 rankings and so on down.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Taint any way of knowing but probably somewhere between my anus and my ding dong.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Taint any way of knowing but probably somewhere between my anus and my ding dong.

Truer words were never spoken.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

As my personal ratings aren't very reflective of what I would end up with if I listed my top 100 pinball machines, I don't sweat the aggregated ratings too much. While the order might be a bit wonky, they do serve as a general reference point for how people feel about a game.
The feature I would like would be to be able to separately score and rank a game. For example, I think AC/DC has pretty terrible art, but I also think it's the best modern Stern. If I want to make sure it's the highest rated Stern, I have to fudge numbers to make it sit there, because it gets hammered in the art side of things. It would be nice if I could just throw an overall ranking on it within my personal ratings. That way I could have AC/DC as the #1 Stern game, even though another game might have a higher averaged score. Those rankings, rather than ratings, could be what end up determining the top 100. Weight the #1 rankings a bit higher than the #2 rankings and so on down.

I don't know. I kind of like surprises like that. I rate the games honestly and have the weighted the way I think is important. Maybe you should downgrade the art category if gameplay is more important to you.

I just looked at my top 100 (only 91). My top 3 are Creature, MB and Nip It. No Stern is in the top 10 even though TWD is one of faves to play. Vacation America is in front of Harley Davidson, GOT, and IM which is crazy sounding.

I can always revisit my ratings if I think I feel differently later on (which I may do with VA )

#24 7 years ago

This game will top mm and the sky will fall along with mm prices! Then i can buy them when they are dirt cheap!!!!!

#25 7 years ago

You can find great games on that list well past the top 1 or 2 hundred. The list is still interesting to look at and see where your games go over time.

1 week later
#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Chaos already exists. The top 100 no longer represents 100 pins. How many versions of DI are they making? Two right now I believe but you can bet your boots there will another super deluxe gold plated smart phone limited edition model released, which will only knock off another title from the so-called top 100. Ok, rant over. Where will DI land? Number 1 of course, that is until the hordes, many who haven't even played it, down vote it. Eventually it will find its own rightful place. Check back in a year or so.

If you take notice, only Sterns have multiple versions of the same game on the list. All 3 JJP machines are only listing as 1 entry each.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

If you take notice, only Sterns have multiple versions of the same game on the list. All 3 JJP machines are only listing as 1 entry each.

My understanding is that std, le, and se versions all play the same...it is just aesthetics?

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My understanding is that std, le, and se versions all play the same...it is just aesthetics?

I would agree with that assessment. No need for separate entries for JJP games. Which is nice.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I would agree with that assessment. No need for separate entries for JJP games. Which is nice.

Yet there are different price points

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yet there are different price points

which is awesome you mean!!!

makes perfect sense to do things the Heighway and Spooky and JJP way of all models play the same and just add-ons for the bling stuff. Honestly wish Stern would go to the model.

#31 7 years ago

I wonder how many people saw dialed in and bop2.0 in the top 30 and instantly voted them down without playing them just because lol

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I wonder how many people saw dialed in and bop2.0 in the top 30 and instantly voted them down without playing them just because lol

This guy. EricHadley
Lw3 = 10/10
DI = 1.6/10

Screenshot_20170308-012621 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170308-012621 (resized).png

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

This guy. wackybrakke
Lw3 = 10/10
DI = 1.6/10

We all have our own opinions, you are welcome to rate as you see fit.

#34 7 years ago

So looks like all the games you own are your dreams games all 10/10!!!

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Um, agenda isn't spelled with with two Os, a P, two Is, and two Ns.

Intentionally trying to manipulate the ratings is really weird. It doesn't help anybody. It's just self-serving and strange.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Um, agenda isn't spelled with with two Os, a P, two Is, and two Ns.
Intentionally trying to manipulate the ratings is really weird. It doesn't help anybody. It's just self-serving and strange.

They are all my honest reviews

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You can hide behind the word 'opinion' if it makes you feel better. But deep down you know you are just manipulating numbers to push it down the list as far as you can.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Can you really honestly say that?

Look we all give games we like/ own a better rating but just try not to be so obvious next time

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

curious, where did you play it and what code version? I see you just rated it a few days ago.

We all have our honest opinions of games, some are just more obviously biased than others

Some more valuable comments (esp on early release games) will add more value to your rating 'opinions' if that is of interest to you.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

This guy. wackybrakke
Lw3 = 10/10
DI = 1.6/10

As I said before all ratings that are 9/10 or 1/2 should not go into the final score to many rate 10 or 1 for the games they rate

#41 7 years ago

#42 7 years ago

DI (and any new pin) on early code should not get ratings >8.5 either. Lots of upset pumpers it seems. Pot kettle black.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, where did you play it and what code version? I see you just rated it a few days ago.
We all have our honest opinions of games, some are just more obviously biased than others
Some more valuable comments (esp on early release games) will add more value to your rating 'opinions' if that is of interest to you.

Whysnow you rate DI a 10 that is as silly as a 1.608

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

And look at his other ratings.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/whysnow/ratings
Met prem/le is 1.2.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

not really. I put it as equal to some of my other favorite games (TAF, wrath, forntier, tx) DI really is great and even on early code it is super solid. I actually even left a comment in my rating.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

DI (and any new pin) on early code should not get ratings >8.5 either. Lots of upset pumpers it seems. Pot kettle black.

Agree. And almost no working games should get a 1.6 lol.

#47 7 years ago

yup and one of my least favorite games of all time. snooze fest.

granted I also actually use the entire spectrum for rating.

My ratings are genuine. Are you really trying to say me rating games on a full spectrum is even remotely the same as someone rating all his owned games as 10s and then 1 game as a 1... lol

and the critique coming form someone that does not even take the time to rate games?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Dialed In has received it's 15th rating.

It's good, but apparently not as good as Robocop, slugfest, Jurassic park, etc

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

some people rate all games they own as tens and turn the top 100 into a joke

The majority of the games I own are generally my top rated games, that's why I own them. I went out and bought/kept the games that I feel are the best of the best. I don't rate them all 10's though.

#50 7 years ago

It can be tiresome trying to be the adult among a bunch of kids, but whatever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prepare-for-chaos-in-the-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.