(Topic ID: 314996)

Pinfest 2023 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7048 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8681 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8679 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8680 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8678 (resized).jpeg
    ADD7B557-E608-4429-BA0A-32259648311A (resized).jpeg
    0192DA03-D72A-4E57-B263-900E8DCE635A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230517_200419_eBay (resized).jpg
    89672125-E4F6-460A-BC41-79930FEA938C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2633 (resized).jpeg
    723BA0A6-D420-47C9-A79B-20CF2834A0E2 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230510-074036.png
    6F27FFCC-3B45-4A02-8C25-C2D8CF1BA1B4 (resized).jpeg
    EAC6558C-087C-49A7-995B-B94717922903 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#244 1 year ago

I have this "Trade Stimulator" if anyone is interested. I took it completely apart, cleaned it and waxed the pf. Make me an offer. I've seen three sell online for $500-$550 and this one last year for $2100 (Tad excessive) https://www.liveauctioneers.com/en-gb/item/105460454_1936-abt-skill-card-trade-stimulator-nos
    20230228_092720.jpg20230228_092720.jpg

#311 1 year ago

I may be interested in a Bally "Speakeasy " project if anyone has one collecting dust.

#374 1 year ago

Have a Neon BelAir framed artwork (was hanging in my garage for years). Works fine, good condition. $60 (PENDING)

Have a Primal Rage, entire pcb set on backplane as shown, with manual. $150 (Was working when put away, will retest prior to sale)

20230310_142940.jpg20230310_142940.jpg20230310_144409.jpg20230310_144409.jpg

1 week later
    #503 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Looking for an Williams EM backbox metal door for a Pit Stop. Measurements are roughly 27.75" wide and 25" tall. Anyone got a spare?
    [quoted image]

Ha, my Pit Stop project is missing one too..

1 month later
    #1372 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's plenty of ventilation. Smells don't generally linger for long. Everybody just seems to like talking about it.

Last year was a whole different animal. Usually it's here and there, last year it was a sewage treatment plant after a hot summer day. I'm used to bad smells, but it was comical.

1 week later
    #2367 11 months ago

Great show, best around! No complaints....had fun meeting up with friends, doing the show, and eating good food after...then downing beers after hours. Survived! Even Survived the hotel desk employee willing to do anything for a cigarette at 2am lol

#2482 11 months ago

Doing up some Amish Blue Cheese and bacon on my farmers market patties in RI right now..

20230507_185626.jpg20230507_185626.jpg
    #2490 11 months ago
    Quoted from Emig5m:

Are you guys who buy multiple pins at one shot millionaires and/or just in the gaming industry as business purchases or is it like your only hobby and all of your access have fun funds can go into this one hobby? I'll be hard pressed to even own one pin at the prices of these things and I own six uprights including the ever so desirable Budweiser Tapper, which in of itself is unheard of to the general population to own multiple arcade games in your home, and still the price of one pin is like nearly my entire upright collection....lol. I ride ATVs, I fly and own various types drones, go a lot of concerts and they're priced out the azz anymore, hi-fi (which I'm trying to get out of, if anyone wants some B&W 800 series speakers towards a pin let me know lol), etc.... at the end of the day, love them or not, it's a dead serious amount of money for a single game let alone buying multiple of them at one shot, and especially when anything worth owning/playing costs more used than brand new lol. Eh don't mind me, I'm just a poor scrub trying to hang with the upper class crowd... :p

I used to buy and sell before prices went completely stupid. I'm into everything I own for nothing. I refuse to pay the prices I see these days, I just laugh. If something new comes out that I must have (BTTF for example), I'll let two go, or maybe just say F it and buy it....but again, I have a full arcade in my basement that I'm into for nothing just because I bought, repaired, and flipped games for a few years. I'm basically no longer a player in this current market.

#2680 11 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I thought the snack stand was reserved for people that willingly want to shit their pants.

Ha, 100%! Years ago I stupidity made the mistake to grab a cheese burger at the show. I'm cool with low end "fair type" burgers etc, but wasn't expecting a "liquid" burger. It was like tasteless paste, which my gut battled for a few hours afterwards. So, only Farmer's Market food for me ever since (and Quesadilla's from the bar across the street).
    This year I was a few beers in while walking by the food stand and thought the hotdogs smelled yummy....I ordered one, and watched the old guy behind the counter drop it three or four times on to the table while trying to get it in the squished little bun. I quickly regretted my decision lol. It was edible, but wasn't as good as the smell.

#2781 11 months ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

York is my second favorite show, great variety of pins, laid back atmosphere, and the Deli up the street, Latucca's has outstanding food. The food stand inside the flea has great seating and clean bathrooms. I love your show.

How does the York Flea market compare to Allentown?

#2784 11 months ago

Thanks guys, doesn't sound like it's worth a trip for me, will stick to Allentown.

#2786 11 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

It's still a great show. I actually like it better than Pinfest. There's plenty of project games for sale, and even some parking lot swapping. If you've never been, it's definitely worth attending.

Hmm...It's on my radar, have never been. Have been driving down to Allentown for almost 15yrs I believe, but never ventured further for a show.

#2808 11 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Hopefully this post will be well received. Objectively, did any of you guys come down with COVID after the Allentown show? Now that the WHO and CDC are indicating the pandemic is over, I'm just wondering if any of you guys became sick afterwards. I know it isn't scientific, just curious to hear what the experience was.

Just a mild case of Herpes

#2816 11 months ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

No crop dusters at the show on Fri and we only crossed paths with one person who smelled like a Wookiee. I actually brought earplugs this year but didn’t need to use them. I think that was related to the large overhead doors being fully open and letting some noise escape. One of my favorite things to do each year is attending this show![quoted image]

O, there was crop dusting on Friday...I know, as I have a few GI diseases and was in FL the week prior (System failure)...I'm, sorry but I couldn't get outside for every high pressure release. I'm a duster, and I apologize to anyone within 100' of discharge.

#2819 11 months ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Where the next big show and where???

York?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2023-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=irishbastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.