Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Petition for Stern Pinball to move QR reader from apron to coin door”

• Yes-I petition Stern to move the QR reader to the coin door location or provide a kit to do so 48 votes
      18%
    • No-the QR reader does not bother me and I prefer it be kept on the apron location 95 votes
      36%
    • Prefer to have QR reader provided as a kit that can be installed in either location or left off 49 votes
      19%
    • I like Pizza 70 votes
      27%

(262 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

qr sideways (resized).jpg
    qr coindoor (resized).jpg
    qr kit (resized).jpg
    Stoner Bro (resized).jpg
    hear the chatter.gif
    calling bs (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    QR reader example (resized).jpg
    PinGulp (resized).jpg
    CupFone XL (resized).jpg
    aprongate2 (resized).jpg
    aprongate (resized).jpg
    Pizza!.gif
    I like pizza.gif
    Rolling eyes gif.gif
    BA446787-216C-440F-A294-A4CA7B7FDA09 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

Stern didn’t invest time, money, and resources into this project to put it where nobody is going to see it or notice it. They want people to see it and use it.

The coin door is for coins. Putting anything else there would be pointless at best and confusing at worst.

It’s an idea that makes zero sense from a business perspective. Which makes it great for pinside and on par with most industry suggestions here, but terrible in practice.

You are going to need a lot of signatures on your petition to overcome this hard, cold truth.

#12 2 years ago

Well, so far 5 out of 35 people have voted in favor of your suggestion…so I’d say “the box” is the correct place to be on this question. Venturing outside of said box seems like a terrible idea.

#25 2 years ago

I feel like we've already had this exact same dumb conversation with all the exact same dumb memes and gifs already...It's really "thinking outside the box" to rehash a bunch of stuff from a month ago.

I think Pinmister and Weir need to form a support group

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-figured-out-how-to-turn-off-the-qr-reader

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I don’t think it makes a big difference either way, but in any event any changes are too late at this point. The apron reader ship has sailed…

Are you sure?

6 out of 70 people in this pointless straw poll "petition" are demanding that Stern spend time, money, and resources to hide something from public view that they spent time, money, and resources to create and get the public to notice and use.

You would think that kind of outcry will have them questioning not only the placement of the QR reader...but their very business plan itself?!?!?! THis could be a paradigm-shifting game-changer that finally opens the door to endless innovation and drastic cost-reduction for consumers in the industry.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

The apron light is brighter than some of the people complaining about it

For the fucking win!!!!!

Update: 19 of 125 respondents (that's 15 percent) of dumb straw poll would sign a petition ordering Stern to relocate the QR reader to crotch level.

This campaign is taking off like wildfire!!!

One more stupid bright light gif. might just take it over the top!!!

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Yup, already done.

Wow, that was fast.

This thread is GETTING RESULTS.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-for-stern-pinball-to-move-qr-reader-from-apron-to-coin-door?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.