(Topic ID: 73360)

Ok. I'm asking for it! Now that your WOZ is gone..........

By hassellcastle

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 283 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kids playing at Thanksgiving.JPG
cool_as_ice.png
crying-towel.gif
WOZ exit.jpg
104f09bf0581629909aab71f6783292882efe7a7473a051f10925cfd9c13a46e.jpg
wizard-tree.jpg
1359656-lumbergh.jpg
89055-i.jpg
89056-i.jpg
331634958_387617c29f_o.jpg
232.jpg
WickedWitch-getmy-pinball_too.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 10 years ago

Oh, this has been a fun thread! So Ill add my 2 pennies......

First, do you think there is any game we would have a 100% agreement on?

With that, we were all excited at first about a new company, a new pin.
Sure, some of us 3 years ago, loved the theme or hated the theme. fine.

When I played it 1 year ago, at IAPPA, and SPF, about 20 games like John, and others posted,
I thought beautiful, but play was not there at all. and I enjoy my TZ and RS.

Then, I played it at an un boxing at Little Shop of Games, next to Star Trek, and felt that Star Trek was fast, flow,
all the same we agree on. Be it Spiderman, Tron, or Star Trek, Fast, Combos, ramp shots. These games all go from 0 to 60 MPH in a heartbeat. (and with a bad heart, I can measure this very well), Then I played WOZ.
Not impressed, not fast, not easy to understand, etc....So.....I knew something was there, and I had sold my Spiderman, and bought a WOZ. I like fast games too, but I felt in my bones something was there.
I am playing it now for a month, and only last night did I stack several modes....Holy Crap! What a great Job.
0-60 in like 10 minutes. The game builds, and there is so much strategy of what to do when. It is not a linear game like Roadshow to me, but so diverse, you CAN play it linear if you want.
For Speed, I bumped up the back, increased the power on all the coils, and used Alex's suggestion of P21S Wax.
It is very very fast. I will grant that there is no left secondary loop...that would give the "flow and speed" for fans of that. It has taken 4 straight weeks to get the game to begin to get into the "ZONE". I like that, i want a game that takes me months or longer to see how amazingly Keith crafted the code in the game.
It is simply different and will never be for everyones taste. Maybe because I suck at playing it takes me a month,
but I agree with everyone who has played a few games, 30 games etc....It takes a lot more to get the game
to battle you back. Not by a spinning laser, or combos, but by trying to see if you can spin the house, fight the witch and magnets keep a ball in the upper left playfield, and whatever the crystal ball gives you.
Try reversed flippers, 4 balls, 2 on the playfield and one in each mini playfield. Is there any other game like that?
With more code coming, and we know it is coming, the game needs to grow on a player in a different way.
I think this is why a great many people dont like it after playing a few games...it builds and grows. For me as a player, I am enjoying the time and experience. Tron and Spidey are not here, because they were great Games,
but the old heart doesnt always want to go on fast all the time.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The game has huge outlanes and too much random ball action that puts the ball in danger too often.

For me, I love this...Same as my Xmen, 3 magnets can hurl the ball down the drain.

Makes me work on my nudging, and accuracy.

It also allows several players, say your family and yourself, not get bored playing together.

After 1 game on LOTR, where my second ball was 20 minutes...the family walked away.
On WOZ, I rarely get a 20 minute ball, because of that reason.

Having 2 great ball saves, 1 advancing, are ingenious in game play. Its a second chance and not so easy as it seems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.00
11,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-im-asking-for-it-now-that-your-woz-is-gone?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.