(Topic ID: 73360)

Ok. I'm asking for it! Now that your WOZ is gone..........

By hassellcastle

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 283 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kids playing at Thanksgiving.JPG
cool_as_ice.png
crying-towel.gif
WOZ exit.jpg
104f09bf0581629909aab71f6783292882efe7a7473a051f10925cfd9c13a46e.jpg
wizard-tree.jpg
1359656-lumbergh.jpg
89055-i.jpg
89056-i.jpg
331634958_387617c29f_o.jpg
232.jpg
WickedWitch-getmy-pinball_too.jpg

There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I know I'm asking for it.
And I'm sure I'll get several thumbs downs for this thread by the WOZ lovers...but so be it. I'm entitled to my own opinion.

The point I was trying to make in a previous post before someone called my point BS is....

Your quote reads like, I know I'm right about that turd, but those WOZ guys just wont listen.

For such a crap game it sure does get a lot of people talking about it.<sarcasm

I just don't get it. There are a few newer games I'm not all that into, but the thought of posting such a long drawn out post about why I don't like them, and asking others to explain why they don't as well just seams like sitting around cutting into your neighbors skin and watching your buddy pour salt on it.

Your entitled to your own opinion though.

#103 10 years ago

Wow have all the people that reply to this post owned a WOZ and sold it already..?!
Or wait...

I think the orginal post was very intresting!

#104 10 years ago

Oh, this has been a fun thread! So Ill add my 2 pennies......

First, do you think there is any game we would have a 100% agreement on?

With that, we were all excited at first about a new company, a new pin.
Sure, some of us 3 years ago, loved the theme or hated the theme. fine.

When I played it 1 year ago, at IAPPA, and SPF, about 20 games like John, and others posted,
I thought beautiful, but play was not there at all. and I enjoy my TZ and RS.

Then, I played it at an un boxing at Little Shop of Games, next to Star Trek, and felt that Star Trek was fast, flow,
all the same we agree on. Be it Spiderman, Tron, or Star Trek, Fast, Combos, ramp shots. These games all go from 0 to 60 MPH in a heartbeat. (and with a bad heart, I can measure this very well), Then I played WOZ.
Not impressed, not fast, not easy to understand, etc....So.....I knew something was there, and I had sold my Spiderman, and bought a WOZ. I like fast games too, but I felt in my bones something was there.
I am playing it now for a month, and only last night did I stack several modes....Holy Crap! What a great Job.
0-60 in like 10 minutes. The game builds, and there is so much strategy of what to do when. It is not a linear game like Roadshow to me, but so diverse, you CAN play it linear if you want.
For Speed, I bumped up the back, increased the power on all the coils, and used Alex's suggestion of P21S Wax.
It is very very fast. I will grant that there is no left secondary loop...that would give the "flow and speed" for fans of that. It has taken 4 straight weeks to get the game to begin to get into the "ZONE". I like that, i want a game that takes me months or longer to see how amazingly Keith crafted the code in the game.
It is simply different and will never be for everyones taste. Maybe because I suck at playing it takes me a month,
but I agree with everyone who has played a few games, 30 games etc....It takes a lot more to get the game
to battle you back. Not by a spinning laser, or combos, but by trying to see if you can spin the house, fight the witch and magnets keep a ball in the upper left playfield, and whatever the crystal ball gives you.
Try reversed flippers, 4 balls, 2 on the playfield and one in each mini playfield. Is there any other game like that?
With more code coming, and we know it is coming, the game needs to grow on a player in a different way.
I think this is why a great many people dont like it after playing a few games...it builds and grows. For me as a player, I am enjoying the time and experience. Tron and Spidey are not here, because they were great Games,
but the old heart doesnt always want to go on fast all the time.

#105 10 years ago

Well, I try to be objective and after playing WOZ, I thought the LCD takes it into the 21st Century away from dots. It looks expensive, impressive, sparkly. The clear coated cabinet is lovely.

But then I play the game and I find the mini p/f's ruin the flow and after 3 games, I am ready to move on with no desire to own one at all.

Stern on the other hand drive me nuts with dire communication, poor QC, stupid prices, and unfinished code.

However, I then play ST LE and it reminds me why I like pinball. An immersive, adrenalin soaked experience

#106 10 years ago

I was in early & sold my preorder for 7k. I miss the 1500 I left on the table by not selling it later. Thats about all I miss.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What Panzer has for WOZ goes way beyond love. WAY beyond.

Lol. It's just a fun game that plays like nothing else out there in my opinion.

Tons of toys, 5 flippers, 5 magnets, several VUKs, roll over targets, outlane mini games
Widebody
LCD for the display which is a game changer for pinball: HD animations, great service menu
Unique layout
High quality direct printed art with unique art on both sides
High quality powder coat on the LE
Stainless steel lock down bar and side rails on standard
Wood apron looks sweet

I bought a WOZECLE because it reminds of the days of when Bally and Williams made high quality loaded pins. Those types of games ceased to exist when Williams went out of business and Stern decided to start stripping down there games and not be committed to completing code for but only several games in recent years.

I just thankful that JJP had the guts to make WOZ the way they did in a time when nearly everyone thought it was crazy for a new pinball company to start producing machines. They brought the loaded wide body game back with deep rules and a commitment to code and quality to boot. That's a welcomed changed in my book.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

WOZ code needs a lot of polishing. It just makes me nervous how slow the process has been. I've said it before, WOZ could have really benefitted from a side ramp that would have given more purpose to the upper right flipper.

The UR flipper that hits the ball targets, witch and haunted forest? It's not exactly redundant. I don't get this 'sluggish chunk fest ' at all. I'm assuming the folks who have played a few games here and there haven't quite grasped the ruleset yet. I've had mine many months and still play it daily

#109 10 years ago

Quit yer whining and play some Vacation America already.

#110 10 years ago

It's comments like the "upper right flipper does nothing" that really show if the poster has even played the game or not, or has tried to figure out the rules and objectives. Way too many of those types of "opinions" seem to creep into every WOZ thread, can't for the life of me figure why some people so badly want WOZ and /or JJP to fail, and feel the need to express it constantly.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

JJP brought a lot of this grief on themselves by promising the greatest thing since sliced bread and producing an average playing game at best. If it wasn't for all the pompous chest thumping and meaningless promises, the bar would not have been set so high and the criticism would be a lot less.
I played 20 games or so at the recent SPF in Florida with the latest software. It was fun, but it is just not the end all be all that was promised. The flying monkey is not even as cool as the motorcycle in Banzai Run (24 years ago) which they copied. The mind blowing interactive topper that was promised is simply an etched LED panel no cooler than any $125 aftermarket topper on any Stern or WMS game. There are tons of stand up targets (oh boy, again like BR) that don't even have inserts in front of them. The cheap plastic dome over the witch completely ruins that toy. There is not a single fun interactive toy unless you count the door on the upper playfield. The spinning house is cool the first time, but possibly the worst upper playfield ever. The LCD monitor is not used even close to its potential. The split screen just does not do it for me and the graphics are PS2 at best. Everyone has big LCD monitors, PS3/4, Blu Ray, etc in their homes, so it is tough to impress people at this point. There is simply nothing impressive at all on the LCD in WoZ. Novelty yes, impressive no.
Other boutique manufacturers could could get away with a game like WoZ and not take such a beating, because they did not promise the sun. Like I said, it is fun to play and appeals to a lot of fringe pinball players (women and children along will people attracted by the LCD). It's just not for me and it definitely did not live up to the hype no matter how you slice it or how much better the software gets.

Hi John,

Great post. As you may recall, I was a huge fanboy of JJP and early adopter. Even from afar (and before playing it), my intuition said it was becoming more of a feature packed art project and less of a game (so I bailed and simply got a refund from JJP back in March). Never looked back or regretted either decision.

OTOH, this forum is packed with professional critics of all things pinball From the perspective of a non-pinhead, I'm sure WOZ is both great eye candy and fun to play.

#112 10 years ago

Well, the OP sounds like he's trying to convince himself.

Never have I gotten rid of a game and dwelled on it to the point where I was moved to go start a new thread about how much I don't miss the game. It's like the game is on your mind so much you have to come and ask everyone for validation: "I did the right thing, at least I hope I did..? Right guys? Right...?"

That said, WOZ is going to always be very polarizing for a few reasons.

1. No left ramp. Some players cannot mentally accept a machine with no left ramp to hit from the right flipper. Most players are right handed and they unwittingly crave a long powerful shot from the right flipper. (You should hit the right ramp from the right flipper... and often you get two Scarecrow rollovers for a miss...)

2. Haunted forest. It's brutal. I mean that upper right tree bumper next to the witch is one of the most brutal areas created in a pinball machine. That tree bumper is almost completely exposed and open, and the randomness of where and how fast you can drain from it is ungodly. The witch right next to him of course throws the ball with her magnet, adding to the mayhem.

3. Target-shooting. The dead-ball control required in WOZ is unprecedented in modern designs. Not only because of Trees/Witch as stated in 2., but the Winky guards, Rainbow targets, Crystal Ball targets, etc. Not to mention the addition of qualification with rollovers! Shooting rollover targets is a whole new challenge for some modern players.

4. Theme. Some folks have stated since day one they will never ever own a WOZ because of the theme. That sort of translates into liking the game itself, too, let's face it. It's not like a bad 90's movie, like JMn or TS, where it's still got enough modern geekdom to satisfy the masculinity of the owner. It's got a female lead character, in pigtails and ruby slippers, etc. That just disqualifies it from ever being acknowledged as a good game by a significant portion of this community. That's just a fact.

5. Lighting. The GI lighting is horrible out of the box. It's the worst GI on a modern pin, because it's combined with the brightest inserts of a modern pin. The combination is terrible. So you have to install a light-up kit yourself. If you haven't, then do so before continuing or having an opinion about gameplay, because it's a different game when you can see what's going on and follow the ball on a brightly lit playfield.

I find WOZ to be an awesome addition to my collection. There is nothing else like it. Not even close. It's not a game which coddles you: left and right ramps and loops which can't be missed, you have to really control the ball yourself and it can be brutal (see point 2. again). The risk/reward of bringing in a CB mode is brilliant. The Fireball Frenzy mode is probably my favorite modern mode. The logical way you work your way through the qualifying of certain modes and multiballs: like Dorothy being captured, breaking into the castle past winky guards, locking balls, breaking down the doors, etc. It all makes sense and allows for that magical immersion we seek as pinball players. The EC multiball is heavily weighted with points, which are challenging to unlock! (I do wish the EC window was at the lower right quadrant and not the upper right: I've drained so many times trying to look up to see what I need to hit next!! Again, another challenge which modern players aren't used to.).

Basically what I'm saying is WOZ is very different in more ways than just the LCD and toys and features. It's very throwback in terms of a more old-school layout, and the requirement of a LOT of dead ball control, shooting rollovers for qualifications, and extreme randomness with a nearly completely exposed jet bumper in the middle of the playfield, just so much more randomness than the modern coddled player is used to with the easy shot ramp returns and loop to ramp combos, etc. It's not going to be a game for everyone, and it's certainly not going to be easy to get to the final modes. I enjoy that about it, and I am very glad that I added it to my collection. I've got plenty of the fan layouts with the left/right ramps and loops in my collection, but nothing even remotely close to WOZ.

If you don't like it, after putting in a light kit, then by all means do sell/trade it to someone who will enjoy it! And if you have WOZ on your mind so much after selling it that you need to come here and create threads about how much you don't miss the machine, then maybe you're trying to tell yourself something...

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I am a pretty early WOZ adopter, and I've had mine for just a little over a month now. Been a big supporter of JJP from the day I sent in my first $250, and liked the vast majority of what I saw as the game developed. However, one thing that was always in the back of my mind, was what if in spite of all the cool things WOZ is going to have on it, I don't like the gameplay It's happened before to me, AFM, GNR, TSPP, and TZ were all games that I sought out, thought I would really enjoy owning, but didn't like the play and moved them on quickly. My experience with TZ was particularly concerning, as it's layout was thought to be the most similar to WOZ.
Well, after having WOZ for 1 month, I can truly say that in 25 years of collecting pinballs, I have never enjoyed a new game more that this one, it is an amazing pinball experience, the variety of ways to play and the different types of shots that it makes you try are simply awesome. I'm finding it difficult to get any work done on my other games because I just keep pushing the start button on WOZ, trying to put together that 1 great game. All this, with code that is not near finished, and still requires a lot of polishing, when it is finished it will truly be epic.
This game is different, some people embrace that, others are put off by it, luckily there are a ton of more conventional playing games out there to keep everyone happy. It still baffles me completely how anyone who calls themselves a fan of pinball cannot see what an amazing achievement WOZ is, but gameplay is the most subjective thing, and you really can't argue about an opinion.
For me, WOZ is simply a game changer in the hobby I love, and I can't wait to see where we go from here!!

Wow. Interesting comments from someone who owns 90+ pins!

I like my WOZ in my line up of 9. I think if I paired my collection to 4-5 WOZ would still be present. That game kicks my butt very frequently, probably because I'm a marginally poor pin player to begin with and there are many of the shots I cannot hit with any frequency. I do enjoy the challenge, however. Is it as fun for me as my new STLE? No, but overall I'm learning that perhaps I'm more of a flow-oriented pin player. That said, I think the WOZ is quite the game and will probably stay in my line up until at least I receive my Hobbit.

#114 10 years ago

So far unless I counted wrong I see one person who sold his preorder reply to this thread. I'm not sure Craig is getting the answers he is looking for in this thread

I am amazed at how the game brings out such strong feelings one way or the other. I have one waiting on me at the dist. That I can't go get yet. Too much ice here to unload it

I bought it because it looks different. The shots are different. And it has more stuff on it than any game in recent history. At some point I'll write up my thoughts when I have time to really evaluate the play.

Why does a game need to be fast to be fun? Are EMs fun? Sure they are but not because they are super quick

I will be curious to watch this thread and see feedback from people who actually bought, played, and then sold.

Ken
Www.pinballrebel.com

#115 10 years ago

Great post Mechslave! Well said.

#116 10 years ago

Exactly, if they were all the same we would bitch. Can't make everyone happy. I like the game very much. It has gotten a vacation since ST LE arrived but, that would happen with any new game arrival. They are all fun. They all get boring sometimes too. It is about rotation and size of collection.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

So far unless I counted wrong I see one person who sold his preorder reply to this thread. I'm not sure Craig is getting the answers he is looking for in this thread
I am amazed at how the game brings out such strong feelings one way or the other. I have one waiting on me at the dist. That I can't go get yet. Too much ice here to unload it
I bought it because it looks different. The shots are different. And it has more stuff on it than any game in recent history. At some point I'll write up my thoughts when I have time to really evaluate the play.
Why does a game need to be fast to be fun? Are EMs fun? Sure they are but not because they are super quick
I will be curious to watch this thread and see feedback from people who actually bought, played, and then sold.
Ken
http://Www.pinballrebel.com

Good points. High flowing games like ACDC, Metallica and ST are fun but its nice to go out of today's pinball layout norm and try something unique like WOZ. Its such a challenging game with a ton to do and the code isn't even complete yet.

While I love my ACDC Premium I prefer complex, deep quest based games llike WOZ, LOTR, TSPP and TZ. Those are the types of games that keep me coming back time and time again. Sterns new ST could be like that depending on how the code and rules continue to develop.

#118 10 years ago

I sold my WOZ standard last weekend. Had it less than 2 months. Also, sold my ACDC Premium and POTC. I now own zero pinball machines. Once WOZ arrived it was the most played game, and stayed that way until they all went.

Of all of the games I have owned over the last 18 years WOZ was my wife's favorite. I enjoyed it when I played it. It is certainly beautiful, but I sold all of my games becasue I lost the excitement of owning and playing them. I felt like I had to play them to justify the financial investment which is not how a hobby should be.

I have no reason to bad mouth WOZ. Execpt for one small problem, when the box was opened the crystal ball was not aligned correctly. Other than the crystal ball issue which took about 5 minutes to correct and a couple ball hang ups under the castle the game worked perfectly. It certainly is not a flow game but they all don't have to be. In my small collection it complimented the flow of ACDC perfectly.

If I end up getting back into pinball I would consider buying another WOZ, but it wouldn't be my choice for a single game collection.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I got rid of mine more so cause I didn't like JJPs recent practices of the new version and the continued delays in getting the game out. I have quite a few I can play anytime still so I am excited to see it progress but just didn't think it did enough for me to keep in my game room and the "politics" were enough for me to just want it gone.

Politics is a good way to put it. I do not wish failure for JJP because I really love pinball and encourage more competition. However due to the whole process JJP has gone through, I am beginning to question the ethics involved. Ruby Red was a slap in the face. I also loved this game when it first was released. I thought I had to have one-what a looker. Then I played it numerous times. My conclusion is it is a "rainbow show with no flow". Peace

WOZ exit.jpgWOZ exit.jpg

#120 10 years ago

"Can't make everyone happy". Big code update coming. Maybe tomorrow!

Funny how anybody that owns it, and has played it enough, has varying degrees of like/love for it.....

Not seeing a long list/any list of anybody that has owned it (not a pre order) and sold it, but like any pin, and the ADD nature of pinheads, I'm sure it will happen!

So to summarize, haters will hate (the usual dozen or so as always), always have, always will, Woz is a GREAT, fun, different pin that will only get better with big code update in a few days. Just like with PPS now, there will always be a faction of pinball that simply wants and roots for failure out of jealousy, hypocrisy and insecurity.

Great post Mechslave.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am beginning to question the ethics involved. Rubi Red was a slap in the face. I also loved this game when it first was released. I thought I had to have one-what a looker. Then I played it numerous times. My conclusion is it is a "rainbow show with no flow". Peace

Wow, questioning "the ethics" involved. Like Stern is the "pillar of truth". And it's "Ruby Red", not like the "Luci" slap in the face. How's that Met code coming along?

My conclusion is that you haven't played it enough to know, but seeing your collection might explain things. You've got a real "flow fest" going on

Peace......insert penguins of hate jumping into the water....lol

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And it's "Ruby Red", not like the "Luci" slap in the face.

I respect Stern and how they do not bastardize an LE. Luci is just another Premium model-no big deal. Ruby-Red is another money grabbing attempt by JJP and pushed people waiting for "Real LE" back in line-super tacky business practice.

No worries iceman44-I know you are the official WOZ cheerleader and will defend it to the end. I am the X-Men cheerleader-so it is all good. We all have an opinion, and I respect yours.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No worries iceman44-I know you are the official WOZ cheerleader and will defend it to the end. I am the X-Men cheerleader-so it is all good. We all have an opinion.

I'm a cheerleader of quite a few pins, including Woz. I think X-men is terrible, but I don't go and post in X-men threads non stop, or ever. It's not worth my time and I have zero interest in it. But hey, whatever floats your boat, maybe I haven't played it enough. I respect the fact that plenty of people love it.

The "respect for Stern" and feigned outrage over JJP. Talk about another $$$ grab, 7800 for an overpriced STLE and continued price increase of the premiums. You've gotta be kidding me. And "Luci' is just another money grab, no big deal. I actually like it!

And its one thing to be a "cheerleader", its another thing to be a "crapleader". Nothing wrong with expressing an "opinion", good or bad, but over and over again in every Woz thread? That goes beyond just an "opinion".

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I know I'm asking for it.

Well let me be the first person to give you a thumbs down....since you are asking for it

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My conclusion is that you haven't played it enough to know, but seeing your collection might explain things. You've got a real "flow fest" going on

Ice, get over it. Its true, some people don't like WoZ... sorry.

crying-towel.gifcrying-towel.gif
#126 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

but over and over again in every Woz thread?

Ha that is humorous I have posted very little compared to you trolling ST LE threads- bashing. Just give in already and sell WOZ and buy a ST LE-you know you want to. Dump the zero and get with a hero-LOL

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

pushed people waiting for "Real LE" back in line-super tacky business practice.

Is this true? Original WoZ LE buyers are not getting their games before a ruby red ships?

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I respect Stern and how they do not bastardize an LE. Luci is just another Premium model-no big deal. Rubi-Red is another money grabbing attempt by JJP and pushed people waiting for "Real LE" back in line-super tacky business practice.
No worries iceman44-I know you are the official WOZ cheerleader and will defend it to the end. I am the X-Men cheerleader-so it is all good. We all have an opinion, and I respect yours.

Jack said that production Ruby Reds wont be made until after all WOZECLE's are completed.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ice, get over it. Its true, some people don't like WoZ... sorry.

Lol.........go back to pumping your overpriced junk Tone

I don't give a flying f*ck who likes it or who doesn't, I own it, love it, and don't have to get over anything. If some d*cks want to keep posting over and over again, non stop, years on end, then "some people" have a problem

If you don't like it, congratulations for you, need constant confirmation of that? Move on........

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is this true? Original WoZ LE buyers are not getting their games before a ruby red ships?

Of course not. They will be made after all original LEs ship.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dump the zero and get with a hero-LOL

I know where that quote came from

cool_as_ice.pngcool_as_ice.png
#132 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

JJP made a decision to produce the Ruby version. Meaning he pulled his resources elsewhere, even if temporary(producing versions for show). Any delay is unfortunate, but intentional is another story.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ha that is humorous I have posted very little compared to you trolling ST LE threads- bashing. Just give in already and sell WOZ and buy a ST LE-you know you want to. Dump the zero and get with a hero-LOL

..................................nuff said yo, lol

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

JJP made a decision to produce the Rubi version. Meaning he pulled his resources elsewhere, even if temporary. Any delay is unfortunate, but intentional is another story.

Ok, ok...it was "delayed" two machines worth of time.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Meaning he pulled his resources elsewhere, even if temporary.

Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds and how clueless you appear...hehe

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol.........go back to pumping your overpriced junk Tone
I don't give a flying f*ck who likes it or who doesn't, I own it, love it, and don't have to get over anything. If some d*cks want to keep posting over and over again, non stop, years on end, then "some people" have a problem
If you don't like it, congratulations for you, need constant confirmation of that? Move on........

Its not even the original crying towel, looks like a refake.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its not even the original crying towel, looks like a refake.

I know, wtf!

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds and how clueless you appear...hehe

I don't think it is something to laugh at. I really do feel for "those guys" that post-when can I see my WOZ? Its been over two ******* years. Are you flippin kidding me.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't think it is something to laugh at. I really do feel for "those guys" that post-when can I see my WOZ? Its been over two ******* years. Are you flippin kidding me.

Hey pal, it's not YOU waiting, "feigned outrage", and the Ruby has zip to do with it, get it?

How about that Met code you are waiting for? Are YOU flipping kidding me? Hehe...Hey, I'm waiting for it to be done too, I'll probably put a Met premium right next to my Ac/dc.....

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll probably put a Met premium right next to my Ac/dc.....

Go with the Metallica Pro-its the way to go. I am lovin mine even with lacking code.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Go with the Metallica Pro-its the way to go. I am lovin mine even with lacking code.

Well hey, I'm glad you are loving it, looks like a lot of fun, and hopefully Lyman will wrap it up asap!

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I respect Stern and how they do not bastardize an LE. Luci is just another Premium model-no big deal.

As someone who had just purchased a Premium a month before the "Luci" announcement, I do not feel like it was "no big deal". I thought it sucked and I'm sick of buying NIB when the Manufacturers are too focused on competing with each rather then caring about their customers.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ok, ok...it was "delayed" two machines worth of time.

Actually it wasn't because those 2 ruby red machines weren't built in jersey. So no it wasn't even delayed one game.

#144 10 years ago

Its great that we all love diffrent games. I really enjoy CFTBL, Fish Tales, W20 and many other games! I cant stand AFM (No clue why, i have buyed 2 and really tryed to like it, but i cant). I think AC/DC is a great game and dont enjoy Ironman. Who cares! Enjoy the games you like and dont play the once you dont like! Its like watching TV!

Hey, its only Pinball

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

As someone who had just purchased a Premium a month before the "Luci" announcement, I do not feel like it was "no big deal". I thought it sucked and I'm sick of buying NIB when the Manufacturers are too focused on competing with each rather then caring about their customers.

Curious, were you under the impression Stern was on the last run of Premiums? and thats why you bought?

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Curious, were you under the impression Stern was on the last run of Premiums? and thats why you bought?

Last run or not, I was absolutely under the impression there would not be a complete overhaul of the artwork. I have never heard of Stern doing that in the past.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Its great that we all love diffrent games. I really enjoy CFTBL, Fish Tales, W20 and many other games! I cant stand AFM (No clue why, i have buyed 2 and really tryed to like it, but i cant). I think AC/DC is a great game and dont enjoy Ironman. Who cares! Enjoy the games you like and dont play the once you dont like! Its like watching TV!
Hey, its only Pinball

Agreed, but you will always have a few people who here who believe their opinion is law. I think it may be some sort of online Napoleon complex, but I choose to ignore them.

I love Ironman and get very little enjoyment from AC/DC. I still respect your opinion and anyone else's without resorting to name calling and would gladly have a beer with each and every one of you.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

would gladly have a beer with each and every one of you.

Are you buying??

#149 10 years ago

I would like to say " WELL SAID " to all contributors to this most awesome thread !

#150 10 years ago

CF how you doing on converting your machines over to purple Leds?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-im-asking-for-it-now-that-your-woz-is-gone/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.