IMG_6452 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240323_195422_Patreon (resized).jpg
IMG_2579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2461.gif
DA7DB7D4-4989-40B3-AFF5-727327207178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1048.gif
Pic 2 (resized).jpg
Pic (resized).jpg
There are 1,128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.
#101 6 months ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Another reason to get you playing with more FAST hardware.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Very exciting news. Congratulations on FAST's involvement!

Happy Holidays

#102 6 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

there are others aside from Haggis, Pendretti, and CGC that are not even public yet... so even more remakes?

The best time to do the big 90's re-makes is either a few years ago or right now, so it's likely they were starting to get antsy, the best time to re-make TZ addams or w/e else is now-5 years from now. After that you're into a new market segment and who knows what the demand would be?

#103 6 months ago

guessing the customer support guy is going to be a Mario/Luigi version of LTG

#104 6 months ago

Was "EuroPinballCorp" something that already existed?
According to their website they are currently expanding to a bigger factory and will make games for Pedretti and Pinball Brothers.

#105 6 months ago

I hope it's not going to be "2.0" remakes...

#106 6 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

The best time to do the big 90's re-makes is either a few years ago or right now, so it's likely they were starting to get antsy, the best time to re-make TZ addams or w/e else is now-5 years from now. After that you're into a new market segment and who knows what the demand would be?

TAF or Scared Stiff would be nice. Prices have been falling a bit lately, but if I’m paying $10K+ then I’d rather have a new-in-box whatever-it-is. $4-5K is just about my max for an aged fixer-upper.

#107 6 months ago

Well that news popped faster than expected, Europinball Corp expanding , parts from Planetary in Europe, Fastboards ,looks like a good thing all around .

Perhaps with a dedicated pinball manufacturer they will be built in a timely manner.

#108 6 months ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Europe is obsessed with these 2.0s.

They are all horrible and pointless. If I want a new game, stern and JJP are cranking them out.

#109 6 months ago

2024 is shaping up to be an even bigger year for pinball than 2023. I'm sure many of us would not of thought that possible.

#110 6 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Whitewater remake first thing out of the box!

It will not be Wh2o: It is not an expensive game like MM, MB, AFM, CC, TZ, TOM, TOTAN, CV, etc and Williams made a lot of them.

#111 6 months ago

Very exciting news, 2024 will be interesting.

#112 6 months ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I hope they offer both actually. Original remakes + upgrade to 2.0 kits from the factory.

#113 6 months ago

I hope they just do single no FOMO versions like BoF and offer a cool topper separately. Hopefully they also do new displays similar to CGC. Perhaps this creates some competitive pricing pressure on remakes, although CGC is already well priced…at a minimum they have set the expectation that remakes shouldn’t cost as much as Stern or JJP.

#114 6 months ago

Exciting news!!!

#115 6 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

I hope they just do single no FOMO versions like BoF and offer a cool topper separately. Hopefully they also do new displays similar to CGC. Perhaps this creates some competitive pricing pressure on remakes, although CGC is already well priced…at a minimum they have set the expectation that remakes shouldn’t cost as much as Stern or JJP.

Not only are they well priced, they’re well made. Two bars that will have to be overcome.

#116 6 months ago

I knew it was someone in Europe……wrong one haha

If they ever do TAF remake, the question will be can they license the original art on the playfield - specifically uncle fester b/c I don’t believe digitally they’ve been able to accomplish that for the recent renditions, including the 4k offering. Could be wrong though.

Pinball market saturation looks to be continuing though. I’m not against it but man, there is going to be a ton of pinball coming to market in the next few years.

#117 6 months ago

Hopefully no 2.0 included in the package.
The theme integration has been getting more and more ridiculous. In my experience, they are horrible on location in terms of reliability.

The FH 2.0 topper was well built, so there’s hope for a good topper.

Hopefully the overall build quality and reliability is on par with CGC.

#118 6 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

TAF or Scared Stiff would be nice. Prices have been falling a bit lately, but if I’m paying $10K+ then I’d rather have a new-in-box whatever-it-is. $4-5K is just about my max for an aged fixer-upper.

Licensed themes are difficult, Elvira might be an issue cause of Stern currently doing that and holding a pinball license. Most remakes have been original IPs or something not held by another company.

#119 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

If they ever do TAF remake, the question will be can they license the original art on the playfield -

I would guesstimate that something already in the works for TAF, check out the stockpile of parts that Mantis offering currently on their web site.

https://mantispinball.com/product-category/addams-family/

#120 6 months ago

This rush of new pins is certainly sustainable, what could possibly go wrong?

#121 6 months ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Except I'm not doing tech support for Barrels Of Fun or Pedritti. Or have their games or access to them.

I do love your system, extremely well done for sure. I really enjoyed seeing it at Expo and speaking with you Aaron. You and Fast Pinball are very impressive.

LTG : )

#122 6 months ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

The FAST board looks very similar to the LISY WillFA7/11 boards - just coincedence?

#123 6 months ago
Quoted from pb456:

The FAST board looks very similar to the LISY WillFA7/11 boards - just coincedence?

Other than both having a board capable of interfacing with original hardware they have almost nothing in common.

#125 6 months ago

All you are really seeing now though is all the stuff green lit when pinball was peaking during the lockdown.

#126 6 months ago

Its kinda lame they are building in europe but I guess we've been spoiled with the amount of games being built in the US. Hopefully they kick butt on them.

I see what they are actually saying when they reference "Time To Market" lol

#127 6 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Whitewater remake first thing out of the box!

Where did you hear this?

#128 6 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Where did you hear this?

Wishful thinking.

#129 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Europe is obsessed with these 2.0s.
They are all horrible and pointless. If I want a new game, stern and JJP are cranking them out.

There are currently 4 kits 2.0 for sale: 2 from the US NGG and BR and 2 from europe FH and WW, i don’t see Europe to have a specific obsession for those kits.

#130 6 months ago

More pinball is always a great thing. Cgc was/is slow but cgc did a amazing job with the remake upgrades and toppers not to mention some the best quality I've seen in a pin. The 2.0 kits that pedretti did imo were prerty horrible imo and if that is how the remakes will be handled that's not good .Also guessing no more awesome cgc screened playfields .Most likely crap micro playfields will be used... ugh.. time will tell I suppose. Really hoping tz is still a cgc title which I believe it is. The market is gonna b super saturated (like it wasn't allready) not enough room and buyers for all these new pins . Crazy times for the hobby that's for sure

#131 6 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

.Most likely crap micro playfields will be used... ugh..

I really hope Pedretti will not used Mirco's garbage products, if they do I will never buy anything from them

#132 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

I really hope Pedretti will not used Mirco's garbage products, if they do I will never buy anything from them

I wish Bathamburg could just make all the repro stuff. Better than the original but also true to the original unlike Mirco and CPR.

#133 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

I hope so to but it definitely won't be the beautiful silkscreen cgc playfields... what playfields do aliens use?

#134 6 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I hope so to but it definitely won't be the beautiful silkscreen cgc playfields... what playfields do aliens use?

original HW Alien was done by Mirco and there are known issues about it, I don't know if PB continue with Mirco but I don't see why they changed supplier with the new playfield really close to the original

#135 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

original HW Alien was done by Mirco and there are known issues about it, I don't know if PB continue with Mirco but I don't see why they changed supplier with the new playfield really close to the original

Hmm... well makes me think pedretti may use micro then...

#136 6 months ago

Tinfoil hat theory time.
CGC lost the rights to do remakes at the end of 2023. CGC knows this and has the factory churning out Cactus Canyon non-stop to eeek out the last meat on their existing license. They switch over the Pulp Fiction full bore January 1st 2024 and the new manufacturer starts selling new pins (presumably Twilight Zones due to months old ramp order rumour).
CGC losing the rights and a different company making pins starting January 1st would fall in line nicely as the reason for CGCs manufacturing delay on Pulp ficiton.

CGC didn't lose anything. Where did you read this? I read something completely different.

#137 6 months ago
Quoted from TFK:

CGC didn't lose anything. Where did you read this? I read something completely different.

Knapp updated the article to clarify CGC still had rights from PPS. At the time what I wrote was plausible.

#138 6 months ago

Tinfoil hat theory time.
CGC lost the rights to do remakes at the end of 2023. CGC knows this and has the factory churning out Cactus Canyon non-stop to eeek out the last meat on their existing license. They switch over the Pulp Fiction full bore January 1st 2024 and the new manufacturer starts selling new pins (presumably Twilight Zones due to months old ramp order rumour).
CGC losing the rights and a different company making pins starting January 1st would fall in line nicely as the reason for CGCs manufacturing delay on Pulp ficiton.

Thats crap, CGC has 6 titles on existing License, PPS just expanding more manufacturers and there wont be williams logo on any of them

#139 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

There are currently 4 kits 2.0 for sale: 2 from the US NGG and BR and 2 from europe FH and WW, i don’t see Europe to have a specific obsession for those kits.

and TOTAN and Pinbot

#140 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

PB Alien playfields are made by Buthamburg.

#141 6 months ago

They no longer are for sale. The really first 2.0 kit or extension kit has beed developed by EpTheGeek who is well known by everyone.
I think maybe a good thing would be to differentiate extension code with original codes + new modes than the orher kits like CCC or Totan are extensions but the others are completly new sofware with different modes : NGG, BOP, BR, FH, WW.
It’s a completely different approach.
Extension code were made because original code was lacking modes or challenges and gave the possibility to change this aspect of the game.

#142 6 months ago

Little disappointed that these wont be manufactured and assembled here in the US, hopefully they can keep the price point in check

#143 6 months ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Little disappointed that these wont be manufactured and assembled here in the US, hopefully they can keep the price point in check

That might indeed be the reason they AREN'T manufactured in the US......

#144 6 months ago

This is great for Europe! Those guys have been wanting more pinball but it’s expensive as hell! Now they can get B/W 90s classics. Great for expanding pinball’s audience, and great for the hobby as a whole!

#145 6 months ago

Disti and logistics will automatically add 2-10 points on top of transfer price.

#146 6 months ago

The complaints about CGC’s timelines really baffle me. Everyone agrees they make top-notch machines, probably the best. So it takes a little longer, big deal. Is there a large contingent of the pinball hobby living on hospice? What’s the rush?

The games come and they are great. Just because a game is announced doesn’t mean you have to buy it and own it that week.

This news doesn’t bode well, but I really hope CGC keeps cranking out remakes for years to come. I’m not hopeful about this new company matching the quality, which is all I care about in a machine.

#147 6 months ago

They kept them down with Alien RV. Funny enough I recently ordered some add-ons for Alien from the PB USA site, I then wanted to add something to my already placed order to save on shipping, and PB's paraphrased response was "We can't add it, sorry. You are only paying $10 for shipping, we have paid a lot more than that for it already."

Seems like they have worked shipping costs into their business model already and are OK with eating a chunk due to them.

#148 6 months ago

I think that we are going see Pedretti focus on system 11 games. Just a guess

#149 6 months ago

Pedretti = Pinball Brothers

Pinball Brothers is using Buthamberg for playfields.

To me it sounds like CGC keeps the ability to make the ones they have already made and maybe more but now Pinball Brothers will start making a selection that they now own the rights to. Excited to find out. My Alien LV has been by far my most played machine and I own GZ premium and others. PB has been getting better and better each year so I am quite optimistic

#150 6 months ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

That might indeed be the reason they AREN'T manufactured in the US......

We will find out soon enough

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

£ 110.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-williams-remake-manufacturer-coming/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.