IMG_6452 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240323_195422_Patreon (resized).jpg
IMG_2579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2461.gif
DA7DB7D4-4989-40B3-AFF5-727327207178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1048.gif
Pic 2 (resized).jpg
Pic (resized).jpg
There are 1,128 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.
#1101 66 days ago

At todays prices, TZrLE $15k? and in hand 2030?

#1102 66 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

At todays prices, TZrLE $15k? and in hand 2030?

Will those reproduction ramps be considered NOS at that point?

#1103 66 days ago

At some point this hobby gets saturated with the glut with Williams but as it goes you don't introduce people to gottlieb because of the hate they get.

Go tough a gottlieb it won't hurt you.

#1104 66 days ago

Are there any rumours on the next remake. I will be passing on funhouse as it has never been a machine or theme I enjoyed playing.

#1105 66 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Are there any rumours on the next remake. I will be passing on funhouse as it has never been a machine or theme I enjoyed playing.

Assuming you are talking Pedretti, the next logical choice for them would be Whirlwind. I say this because they already have done much of the programming work with their Whirlwind 2.0 kits. 90% of the work appears to have already been done.

#1106 66 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Assuming you are talking Pedretti, the next logical choice for them would be Whirlwind. I say this because they already have done much of the programming work with their Whirlwind 2.0 kits. 90% of the work appears to have already been done.

Would Whirlwind really be a good choice? Plenty of Whirlwinds out there under $5k. Seems like less of a logical choice than Funhouse. Again another game where I prefer the original over a remake.

#1107 66 days ago

If they are planning on TOM, TOTAN, CV... I am out on all but make a new TZ and I would start thinking about it.

#1108 66 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Would Whirlwind really be a good choice? Plenty of Whirlwinds out there under $5k. Seems like less of a logical choice than Funhouse. Again another game where I prefer the original over a remake.

If the 2.0 kit came in the game then it'd spice up the offering

In general, hopefully more games breeds more competition and more competitive pricing over time

#1109 66 days ago

If they are planning on TOM, TOTAN, CV... I am out on all but make a new TZ and I would start thinking about it.

I’m in on a TZ for sure.

#1110 66 days ago

I have been praying for a TZ remake for the last year. We know one is coming but when? Realized that I was done with my JP Premium and knew it didn't have a permanent place in my collection. Traded it for a minty TZ. Scratched that itch.

#1111 66 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Maybe, but as a reminder this thing exists.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-ww-kit-total-chaos

I am under the impression that CGC has the rights to many of the DMD era B/W games, and Pendretti has rights to the A/N era. I don't know that, but I suspect that.

#1112 66 days ago

Maybe, but as a reminder this thing exists.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-ww-kit-total-chaos
I am under the impression that CGC has the rights to many of the DMD era B/W games, and Pendretti has rights to the A/N era. I don't know that, but I suspect that.

sounds more like wild speculation

#1113 66 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I have been praying for a TZ remake for the last year. We know one is coming but when? Realized that I was done with my JP Premium and knew it didn't have a permanent place in my collection. Traded it for a minty TZ. Scratched that itch.

Jp is the the best Stern made. Never selling mine lol

#1114 66 days ago

How much development work saved on whirlwind vs a non-whirlwind? Compared to the sales prospects of picking a better title? If you can make 2k margin on a machine, 100 extra machines probably covers the extra development cost? Just throwing numbers out.

On my rankings earlier:

Quoted from Sorokyl:

I compiled this data for my personal use for something else but thought it would be interesting to ask:
Out of the 35 Bally/Williams games in the top 100, how does Funhouse stack up, statistically?
(all data from pinside)
16th highest rated
16th highest avg listing price
22nd least commonly listed title
23rd fewest locations
10th most wishlisted
24th fewest owners
19th Wishlist:Owners ratio
Pretty abysmal. There are 0 data points suggesting that a company trying to make money should have remade this game.
If you equal weight rating, price, owners, wishlist (4 data points I would think most important for determining potential demand), Funhouse ranks 14.
Note: the numbers for CGC remakes include original and remake. So say subtract 4 from all the numbers above.
Games that should have been remade before funhouse, objectively (licensing considerations aside):
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Cirqus Voltaire
The Addams Family
Scared Stiff
Theatre of Magic
Twilight Zone
White Water
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Every game above is rated higher and sells for a higher price. Most of them have fewer owners and more wishlisted.
Anyway, best of luck to Pedretti and The Pinball Company. Use some data next time!
[quoted image]

Whirlwind ranks 18th of the 28 remaining Bally/Williams titles to remake (7 remade to date).
of those 28 titles whirlwind is:
16th least owned (don't necessarily want a pick a game with too many out there)
13th most wishlisted (whos actually asking for it?)
21st higher price (why will people buy a remake if originals are cheap enough)
13th highest rated (matters to some potential NIB buyers, and overal guage of titles popularity)

Honestly if DMD games are off the table, just pack it up and go home wrt remakes. Especially if you're trying to push numbers like "750 LEs + even more Classics". Haggis is going out of business trying to sell 2-300 fathoms, demand for those softened quick. (Fathom and Centaur both rank higher than Whirlwind on the remake ranking, btw)

#1115 66 days ago

Jp is the the best Stern made. Never selling mine lol

I enjoyed it very much for two years, 1400 plays. Just never felt the connection that I do to some of my other games like GZ, NGG and RS. Was an easy trade. No regrets.

#1116 66 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

How much development work saved on whirlwind vs a non-whirlwind? Compared to the sales prospects of picking a better title? If you can make 2k margin on a machine, 100 extra machines probably covers the extra development cost? Just throwing numbers out.
On my rankings earlier:

Whirlwind ranks 18th of the 28 remaining Bally/Williams titles to remake (7 remade to date).
of those 28 titles whirlwind is:
16th least owned (don't necessarily want a pick a game with too many out there)
13th most wishlisted (whos actually asking for it?)
21st higher price (why will people buy a remake if originals are cheap enough)
13th highest rated (matters to some potential NIB buyers, and overal guage of titles popularity)
Honestly if DMD games are off the table, just pack it up and go home wrt remakes. Especially if you're trying to push numbers like "750 LEs + even more Classics". Haggis is going out of business trying to sell 2-300 fathoms, demand for those softened quick. (Fathom and Centaur both rank higher than Whirlwind on the remake ranking, btw)

No idea, but watch 30 random seconds of this to get an idea of what has already been put in. Fully coded original game, and 2.0 game with graphics and music ready to go. Translite and side art already done by a respected artist. They'd have to pay for playfield art/plastics for the LE, but the rest of the development work seems to have been done.

#1117 66 days ago

No idea, but watch 30 random seconds of this to get an idea of what has already been put in. Fully coded original game, and 2.0 game with graphics and music ready to go. Translite and side art already done by a respected artist. They'd have to pay for playfield art/plastics for the LE, but the rest of the development work seems to have been done.

Perhaps you can make an argument "We have done all of this work, and the overhead to produce this game from this point is so low, we don't care if we only sell 200 copies, it will be a financial success". I think it would be cool if such a market existed. But when you look at Funhouse and see them marketing "ONLY 750 limited editions!!" seems like they are really expecting a lot more sales than that.

#1118 66 days ago

Is it better than Funhouse 2.0? (and don't get me wrong, 2.0 isn't horrible, but it needs something...more...)

#1119 66 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is it better than Funhouse 2.0? (and don't get me wrong, 2.0 isn't horrible, but it needs something...more...)

I have never played Whirlwind 2.0, but talked to someone who bought a kit, installed it, played it for a few months, had issues, and sold the kit while keeping the base machine. I'm not saying its good or bad, but the one person I talked to at a show didn't care for it.

Paging
AssaultSuit
for a repot.

#1120 66 days ago

I have never played Whirlwind 2.0, but talked to someone who bought a kit, installed it, played it for a few months, had issues, and sold the kit while keeping the base machine. I'm not saying its good or bad, but the one person I talked to at a show didn't care for it.
Paging
AssaultSuit
for a repot.

I had a few issues in the beginning. Some were user error, some were because of outdated FAST firmware. Once I got everything updated the game ran reasonably well except for a rare lockup mid-game that happened 2-3 times total. The game absolutely needs an auto-launcher. Multiball ball saves shouldn't exist without it.

I wound up selling the kit primarily for 3 reasons:

-I didn't enjoy Total Chaos MORE than Whirlwind and the original game's emulation code, while good with respect to gameplay, wasn't perfect in the audio department

-I was looking to re-fuel my pinball money a bit

-I figured it would be easier to find a buyer for the game as stock someday down the line if I ever decide to sell it

It was fun to play with for a while and interesting to see how it installed. The screen it comes with is very crisp and the speakers sound good. There are positives about it if you can get past the bizzare theme idea but I'm too attached to all the nuances of my original roms.

#1121 66 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I had a few issues in the beginning. Some were user error, some were because of outdated FAST firmware. Once I got everything updated the game ran reasonably well except for a rare lockup mid-game that happened 2-3 times total. The game absolutely needs an auto-launcher. Multiball ball saves shouldn't exist without it.
I wound up selling the kit primarily for 3 reasons:
-I didn't enjoy Total Chaos MORE than Whirlwind and the original game's emulation code, while good with respect to gameplay, wasn't perfect in the audio department
-I was looking to re-fuel my pinball money a bit
-I figured it would be easier to find a buyer for the game as stock someday down the line if I ever decide to sell it
It was fun to play with for a while and interesting to see how it installed. The screen it comes with is very crisp and the speakers sound good. There are positives about it if you can get past the bizzare theme idea but I'm too attached to all the nuances of my original roms.

this sounds exactly like FH 2.0

#1122 66 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I watched some of that video and formed a similar opinion. Odd conceptually and visually/missed the mark on audio…like FH 2.0

#1123 66 days ago

Will Twilight Zone 2.0 go back to optical Mechanical Reels.

#1124 65 days ago

I'm very interested in a TZ remake!

#1125 65 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Same game designer. The reason for the negative reception of the 2.0 "upgrades" is not so surprising once you realize that the game designer does not think that pinball games should be fun.

What pisses me off about 2.0 kits and remakes is the total lack of respect for the originals displayed by the game designers and @PPS. Bride of Pinbot, Funhouse, No Good Gofers, Whirlwind and even Black Rose with the 2.0 kits installed look like Shelby Cobras, Pontiac GTOs, etc. with Tesla drive trains and dash boards. The only people they appeal to are those who do not actually like the originals.

#1126 63 days ago

I've yet to play any of the 2.0 kits and be even mildly impressed by them. They seem like some minor upgrades in the rules department over the original games which are completely overshadowed by a slew of downgrades over the original. When people say stuff like "Its like having 2 games in 1!" it makes me want to tear my hair out. Judge Dredd is more like 2 games in 1 than any of the 2.0 kits, and I wouldn't ever say that about Judge Dredd either. for 2k I'd rather just buy an f14 tomcat or something and then I truly do have 2 games, and even meh type games like f14 are way better than the 2.0 kit by itself.

#1127 62 days ago
Quoted from AL_TEGO:

Same game designer. The reason for the negative reception of the 2.0 "upgrades" is not so surprising once you realize that the game designer does not think that pinball games should be fun.
What pisses me off about 2.0 kits and remakes is the total lack of respect for the originals displayed by the game designers and @PPS. Bride of Pinbot, Funhouse, No Good Gofers, Whirlwind and even Black Rose with the 2.0 kits installed look like Shelby Cobras, Pontiac GTOs, etc. with Tesla drive trains and dash boards. The only people they appeal to are those who do not actually like the originals.

Today I learned there’s a No Good Gofers 2.0

#1128 62 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Today I learned there’s a No Good Gofers 2.0

It's awful, don't try it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 110.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,128 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.