Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5154 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5185 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
There are 1,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 36.
#1751 3 months ago

Update to this, looks like one of those mosfets from the triple driver board (the one that controls this magnet) is shorted, I've ordered a few more TIP36C and will be replacing that one and seeing if that does the job. I'll update here afterwards.

#1752 3 months ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Update to this, looks like one of those mosfets from the triple driver board (the one that controls this magnet) is shorted, I've ordered a few more TIP36C and will be replacing that one and seeing if that does the job. I'll update here afterwards.

Did you ohm test the magnetics compare them?

#1753 3 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Did you ohm test the magnetics compare them?

Yep, can't remember the readings off the top of my head but it matched the working one directly next to it, so as of right now I'm thinking the coil is fine, the mosfet that controls the non-working one is the only one that seems to be shorted so I'm thinking that's where the problem lies, I checked the wiring as well to make sure there were no cuts in it.

Edit: I also took out the main board in the back box and checked the transistor and that is also perfectly fine, so it's not a transistor issue.

#1754 3 months ago

Replace the tip36 and see. I find it really odd a magnet could draw enough to ahort it.... but magnets shorting is surprisingly common on LAH as well..

Im following this for ideas...

#1755 3 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Reset the game default settings in the adjustments. There are assigned values for some of the adjustments that are not wrll documented for the truck motor. Etc

Did a factory reset... no changes.
When entering garage VUK : Slam tilt followed by game reset.... other suggestions, anyone ?
Thx

#1757 87 days ago

Hi club,

Having a weird multiball bug running the latest 4.50 code on Grand Prix. Sometimes when I start multiball, the second ball is launched onto the playfield but never leaves the track loop, spinning endlessly. If I lose the current ball in play, the game gets real confused and forgets there is a ball on the track, and puts another in the shooter lane.

Any tips would be appreciated!

#1758 87 days ago

Check trough switches. The game doesnt recognize how many balls are in the trough.

#1759 85 days ago

Update to my Track problem: The tip36c for the Lower Right accelerator magnet was bad, I replaced it on the triple driver board and we're now back in business!

#1760 85 days ago

Update to my Track problem: The tip36c for the Lower Right accelerator magnet was bad, I replaced it on the triple driver board and we're now back in business!</blockquote

Ah. Good to know.

#1761 85 days ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Update to my Track problem: The tip36c for the Lower Right accelerator magnet was bad, I replaced it on the triple driver board and we're now back in business!

For this gen of game, keep a couple tip36c around. The swap is easy if it ever goes out again.

1 week later
#1762 76 days ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Check trough switches. The game doesnt recognize how many balls are in the trough.

That was it. The trough coil plunger was sticky and blocked the balls from moving in the trough. All good now. Thanks!

#1763 71 days ago
Quoted from trueno92:

For this gen of game, keep a couple tip36c around. The swap is easy if it ever goes out again.

Yep I actually purchased i think 4 of them when I ordered them that way I had extras. It actually is the 2nd time I had to change them already. Although I believe the first time they are from an older batch

4 weeks later
#1764 42 days ago

I am just curious, how often do you get a drain down the middle from the garage? We are getting it about 1 out of 3 times and its so frustrating I've noticed my wife and I are both actively trying to avoid the garage when we play. I've gone from a level pf to tipping it a bit which has helped but I can't tell if I have something unusual or that the way it is.

#1765 42 days ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I am just curious, how often do you get a drain down the middle from the garage? We are getting it about 1 out of 3 times and its so frustrating I've noticed my wife and I are both actively trying to avoid the garage when we play. I've gone from a level pf to tipping it a bit which has helped but I can't tell if I have something unusual or that the way it is.

I had that problem when I first got mine. I put a piece of felt inside the scoop and it hasn't done it since.

#1766 41 days ago

thanks, I will try that. I am guessing it was originally designed that way to ensure people couldn't play too long?

#1767 41 days ago
Quoted from mark532011:

thanks, I will try that. I am guessing it was originally designed that way to ensure people couldn't play too long?

No. It's just a poor mechanism design coupled with poor placement on the playfield.

#1768 40 days ago
Quoted from arolden:

No. It's just a poor mechanism design coupled with poor placement on the playfield.

SDTM.....Money Maker

2 weeks later
#1769 25 days ago

The kick out on my hauler will occasionally pop the ball up and down several times before it ejects cleanly. I thought it might just be the sleeve in the coil but that wasn't it. Any suggestions?

#1770 25 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

The kick out on my hauler will occasionally pop the ball up and down several times before it ejects cleanly. I thought it might just be the sleeve in the coil but that wasn't it. Any suggestions?

Mine does the same thing. Only occasionally.

#1771 25 days ago

Dr Dave has the solution. This helped my issues with the Hauler eject.

Good luck

#1772 24 days ago

Amazing. I will try that! Seldom on my game and i notice if it trips up a couple times, it amps up the coil to really make sure it clears the ball!

1 week later
#1773 11 days ago

Looking to purchase NASCAR as my first pin. The playfield looks good and plays well, however the sides of the cabinet are a bit beat up. Does anyone make cabinet decals for this pin?

#1774 11 days ago

I've never looked specifically for Nascar, but in my travels of visiting websites and purchasing decals for other machines I've never seen Nascar cabinet decals available.

#1775 11 days ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I've never looked specifically for Nascar, but in my travels of visiting websites and purchasing decals for other machines I've never seen Nascar cabinet decals available.

I looked for them too. I guess someone will need to custom make some.

I would just play it and enjoy it.

#1776 10 days ago

I'm still looking for a ex condition grand prix, can buy or trade. Message me.

#1777 10 days ago

I've got another newbie question. Because NASCAR shoots the ball around the track using magnets, am I right to assume that this pin uses carbon steel balls? Can someone tell me the best ball to use in this machine. TIA.

#1778 10 days ago
Quoted from PinRacer:

I've got another newbie question. Because NASCAR shoots the ball around the track using magnets, am I right to assume that this pin uses carbon steel balls? Can someone tell me the best ball to use in this machine. TIA.

Part #PB116 from Marcospecialties.com will work just fine. $2.99 each.

Pbresource.com and Pinballlife.com are also great suppliers and will have the right balls as well.

#1779 10 days ago

The Polaris balls we sell in our pinside store would be the best choice for this, either from us, or from ballbaron.com themselves for a few cents more.
I don't know how many balls Grand Prix/Nascar take, but we sell 3 for $11 shipped or 6 for $16 shipped, I think you'll find that to be beyond competitive and every purchase benefits pinside.

Quoted from PinRacer:

1 week later
#1780 2 days ago

Bought my HUO Nascar from the original owner (I have the original receipt ) earlier last year and finally got around to shopping it out. It was playing fine when I got it, but it needed new rubbers, a good cleaning and still had the original incandescent bulbs which half were burnt out…I also had to do all the technical service bulletins. Here’s what I did:

- Cleaned + Waxed
- Orange Titan Rubbers
- Comet LEDs for the GI, Inserts and Flashers
- Comet LED OCD Board for the Inserts
- Brite Caps EVO Pop Bumper Lights
- Rebuilt Flippers w/ Blue Flipper Bats
- Speaker Grills + Lights
- Apron Cards
- Cliffy Protector
IMG_5185 (resized).jpegIMG_5185 (resized).jpegIMG_5154 (resized).jpegIMG_5154 (resized).jpegIMG_5184 (resized).jpegIMG_5184 (resized).jpegIMG_5179 (resized).jpegIMG_5179 (resized).jpegIMG_5178 (resized).jpegIMG_5178 (resized).jpegIMG_5182 (resized).jpegIMG_5182 (resized).jpeg

#1781 2 days ago

Looks great! Those orange Titans are the perfect color for this machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

There are 1,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.