image-947.jpg
image-636.jpg
image-570.jpg
image.jpg
Ford Shooter Knob.png
image-434.jpg
image-958.jpg
image-374.jpg
There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Very nice, does it work good.

Works great! Super fast spins jump up to around 7-8k and softer hits are normally around 3-6k. This tach goes to 10k and doesn't max out and stay at the end of the scale on hard hits. It's perfect for this application.

#102 9 years ago

Did up some cars with lighting tied to flashers. Mounts are laser cut. Will be available soon on our site

image-108.jpgimage-108.jpg image-31.jpgimage-31.jpg image-518.jpgimage-518.jpg image-727.jpgimage-727.jpg image-657.jpgimage-657.jpg image-841.jpgimage-841.jpg image-398.jpgimage-398.jpg image-467.jpgimage-467.jpg
#103 9 years ago

Nice work Tekman!

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

Nice work Tekman!

Thanks.

#105 9 years ago

I noticed the ball is starting to spin a lot less in the bowl compared to when I first got the machine. It was pretty much just going around once or twice and that was it. I noticed the bowl entry flap is pretty flimsy and is starting to get too much spring or slop causing bad entry to the bowl side. My fix was to make a more rigid flap. The results are amazing and the ball really spins great now, better than it ever has.

Has anyone else noticed their bowl is spinning less over time? If so, a more rigid flap is the solution. Hopefully my machine is just an exception. Either case, I'm extremely happy with it now.

You'll notice in the picture the new flap on top is over twice as thick as the stock one I'm holding.

20140502_101157.jpg20140502_101157.jpg 20140502_101235.jpg20140502_101235.jpg 20140502_101629.jpg20140502_101629.jpg 20140502_101706.jpg20140502_101706.jpg
#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Works great! Super fast spins jump up to around 7-8k and softer hits are normally around 3-6k. This tach goes to 10k and doesn't max out and stay at the end of the scale on hard hits. It's perfect for this application.

Wait. Am I to understand that tach works and you somehow have it tied into the spinner?!?!?

If so you must post how you did it (please).

#107 9 years ago

Woh wait a minute, a PULLEY SYSTEM!?
Where you moving your game up there on your own? I've moved plenty a pin up plenty a stair, but I hate asking for help. How'd you pulley that old girl up the stairs!?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I noticed the ball is starting to spin a lot less in the bowl compared to when I first got the machine. It was pretty much just going around once or twice and that was it. I noticed the bowl entry flap is pretty flimsy and is starting to get too much spring or slop causing bad entry to the bowl side. My fix was to make a more rigid flap. The results are amazing and the ball really spins great now, better than it ever has.
Has anyone else noticed their bowl is spinning less over time? If so, a more rigid flap is the solution. Hopefully my machine is just an exception. Either case, I'm extremely happy with it now.
You'll notice in the picture the new flap on top is over twice as thick as the stock one I'm holding.

20140502_101157.jpg 242 KB

20140502_101235.jpg 499 KB

20140502_101629.jpg 355 KB

20140502_101706.jpg 311 KB

You should contact Stern about that. We need details so we can make them or are you going to sell them.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Wait. Am I to understand that tach works and you somehow have it tied into the spinner?!?!?
If so you must post how you did it (please).

I don't want to step on Hooked's toes when he already offers a complete drop in tach mod he sells. If you have the same tach as mine, shoot me a PM and we can take this off the grid.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You should contact Stern about that. We need details so we can make them or are you going to sell them.

Like I said, I'm not sure if my machine is just an exception yet. Does this mean you also have experienced the same issue?

I simply removed the original flap and traced it on some SS stock I had on hand. I cut it out with tin snips and cleaned the edges with a small metal file. I used red scotchbrite to grain the metal and make it look nice.

If other people are starting to have the same issue, Cliffy needs to make and sell these. It's a piece of cake because they're not riveted and just screwed in.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Like I said, I'm not sure if my machine is just an exception yet. Does this mean you also have experienced the same issue?

I see. I don't have that many plays on mine yet.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Woh wait a minute, a PULLEY SYSTEM!?
Where you moving your game up there on your own? I've moved plenty a pin up plenty a stair, but I hate asking for help. How'd you pulley that old girl up the stairs!?

Yup. I screwed a eye bolt into a ceiling joist. Bought a $7 HF pulley and $3 blue rope and $10 tow strap. Then I wrapped the pin in stretch wrap to protect it and laid it on cardboard to make it slide easily up the stairs (it didn't). Grab the short end of the rope and pull pull pull. With a double tackle pulley you get (I believe) a 4/1 advantage. So a 250lb pin requires about 65lbs of effort. My friend guided from below as a safety, just in case anything went wrong. As you can see we got it up without incident and without straining our backs or risking a nasty drop.

Next time I'll use a stronger eye bolt (it bent dangerously towards the stairs) and fashion a sled from wood instead of just cardboard. The nose of the pin wanted to dig in on each step. A wooden sled with a curved nose would solve that. Then just reverse the sled, nose pointing downward for the trip back down. We used a tow strap around the game instead of an attachment point on the sled because it a) eliminates a failure point on the sled and b) makes the sled reversible for the trip back down.

Here's some more pics.

image-880.jpgimage-880.jpg

image-440.jpgimage-440.jpg

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

and fashion a sled from wood

There are tons of these here in Canada. A tobbogan, around 2 in 10 homes will have one some were.
untitledtobbogan.pnguntitledtobbogan.png

Keep the bottom waxed, and it should just fly down the stairs.

Moving pins with mechanical advantage 101. Incline Plane, Block & Tackle, your Physics teacher would be proud.

#114 9 years ago

It would have been 'epic' if you used the fan to pull it up the stairs!

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

It would have been 'epic' if you used the fan to pull it up the stairs!

#116 9 years ago

Not a pin mod per se, but I recovered a $21 HF swivel stool tonight. I used some foam I had lying around (the HF foam was nonexistent) and sorted through some of my Mustang tees until I found one I liked. Spray glue and staples was all it took.

image-603.jpgimage-603.jpg

image-777.jpgimage-777.jpg

image-711.jpgimage-711.jpg

#117 9 years ago

The tach was a great idea! Every car game needs one!

image-756.jpgimage-756.jpg

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Looks awesome!

2 weeks later
#119 9 years ago

Tonight I added some much needed service rails. Just got them in from pinball life. Install was a breeze. Check out this reckless balancing act.

image-818.jpgimage-818.jpg

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Tonight I added some much needed service rails. Just got them in from pinball life. Install was a breeze. Check out this reckless balancing act.

image-818.jpg 206 KB

1 week later
#121 9 years ago

I just got mine mustang pro yesterday and I'm loving it .....what a great pin .....I can't wait to pimp it ...

#122 9 years ago

I love all of the pictures and ingenuity. It really wants me to try to find one of these on location and play it like crazy.

#123 9 years ago

If your a car guy you'll love all the car sounds and call-outs.

#124 9 years ago

The pursuit mode is my favorite at the moment ....

#125 9 years ago

How do you replace the 1:24 scale car upon the turntable? It looks like there are two screws that hold the model car in place, but to get to them do you need to remove the whole turntable?

I'm loving the game.... time to add some mods...

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I agree and I have them back in stock and will have some at the show in Atlanta
My tach only goes to 8k because I have never seen a 10k tach on a mustang - I try to keep the mods in scale and real application when I can.

Working with a friend to bring it to NASCAR also.

#127 9 years ago

I took the turn table off and still could not figure out how to remove the car ,anybody?

#128 9 years ago

When I swapped the Pro car off it was Phillips head screws easy off easy on.
A picture may help.

1 week later
#130 9 years ago

I'm thinking about adding a traffic signal or stop light to my game. I've always been a fan of them on games and in hindsight the signals on the PF prolly subconsciously influenced my purchase decision. So anyway, I plan to tie the signal to the signals on the PF so it lights the same color as they are showing. I believe they are both the same. I wonder what color I should paint it? Most signals are yellow with black shades, but the ones on the PF are dark green with what look like white shades. What do you guys think, about the signal and the colors?

Here what I'm working with.

image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg

image-237.jpgimage-237.jpg

image-870.jpgimage-870.jpg

#131 9 years ago

I almost forgot, I added some Stern black side rails from PBL. They were a bitch to install.

image-793.jpgimage-793.jpg

And here a pic of where that light might go.

image-575.jpgimage-575.jpg

2 weeks later
#132 9 years ago

I'm a total pinball novice and I'm proud that I've managed to do some modifications to my Mustang Pro. After a ridiculous amount of work and a few "oh crap" moments I've managed to install Flipper Protector side rails from PBL, leg cabinet protectors from PBL, service rails from PBL, Cliffy's ball eject protector and scoop protector. And the all important cup holder.
I'm still trying to figure out which Hot Wheels I want to put on the ramps.

image-337.jpgimage-337.jpg
image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Tonight I added black leg bolts and some carpet glide feet from Marco. I used my mini floor jack to help.

image-280.jpg 262 KB

Thanks for the idea. I got my mini jack at Harbor Freight for $29.99. It made adjusting the legs for leveling the machine and installing the cabinet leg protectors and drink holder a snap.

#134 9 years ago

Glad to know that helped. Also happy the Cliffs are available. Where did you get them from?

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

I'm a total pinball novice and I'm proud that I've managed to do some modifications to my Mustang Pro. After a ridiculous amount of work and a few "oh crap" moments I've managed to install Flipper Protector side rails from PBL, leg cabinet protectors from PBL, service rails from PBL, Cliffy's ball eject protector and scoop protector. And the all important cup holder.
I'm still trying to figure out which Hot Wheels I want to put on the ramps.

image.jpg 126 KB

image-337.jpg 240 KB

image-13.jpg 138 KB

You put the plastic cab leg protectors on? Our game came with Sterns metal protectors to keep the legs away from the side art. There's no need for the plastic ones which "may" make contact with the decal. Don't know this for sure though.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Glad to know that helped. Also happy the Cliffs are available. Where did you get them from?

I got them from Cliffy. His web page is www.passionforpinball.com He doesn't have instructions set up for them, but there's a pretty good guide for the Metallica machine on his web site that I followed for the installation. He's still working on the ramp protector, hopefully that will be available soon.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

You put the plastic cab leg protectors on? Our game came with Sterns metal protectors to keep the legs away from the side art. There's no need for the plastic ones which "may" make contact with the decal. Don't know this for sure though.

My machine came already built. I didn't know those little metal things were there when I ordered from Pinball Life. I wasn't sure if they would do the job or not so I left them in place and added the new leg protectors on top. Is that bad?

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

My machine came already built. I didn't know those little metal things were there when I ordered from Pinball Life. I wasn't sure if they would do the job or not so I left them in place and added the new leg protectors on top. Is that bad?

Well I don't know from personal experience if it's bad. All I know is that I would not spend the money and take a chance with them messing with the cab art over time.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

All I know is that I would not spend the money and take a chance with them messing with the cab art over time.

Well, now that I know that those thingies are leg protectors, I guess I'll take the plastics off once I get around to hauling the bucket back up out of the basement. I've got to fine tune the machine level anyway, the machine's slowly sinking into the thick commercial carpet padding and the level bubble has shifted.

The new 1964 1/2 convertible centerpiece has been ordered from Amazon and I think we've finally agreed as to what cars are going to be mounted on the ramps, so it looks like I've got some work ahead of me.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

I've got to fine tune the machine level anyway, the machine's slowly sinking into the thick commercial carpet padding and the level bubble has shifted.

Do you have a Home Depot in your area? If you do they sell some kick ass furniture sliders, they come in an 8 pack for around $9. The plastic on the bottom is nice and thick so they won't curl upward with the weight of the machine on it and the rubber pad on top of the plastic that the levelers sit on is nice and thick so the levelers sink into it and prevent the game from sliding off of the slider. They are 5in. in diameter. I have them on ALL of my games. They will save your carpet and padding.

1 week later
#140 9 years ago

I finally got the Tachometer installed and my new centerpiece, a 1964 1/2 red convertible put in tonight. I put the 50th anniversary logo on the doors.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you have a Home Depot in your area? If you do they sell some kick ass furniture sliders, they come in an 8 pack for around $9. The plastic on the bottom is nice and thick so they won't curl upward with the weight of the machine on it and the rubber pad on top of the plastic that the levelers sit on is nice and thick so the levelers sink into it and prevent the game from sliding off of the slider. They are 5in. in diameter. I have them on ALL of my games. They will save your carpet and padding.

Thanks! I thought of that. Stole them from under the coffee table.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

Thanks! I thought of that. Stole them from under the coffee table.

but now ya gotta get-um for the coffee table.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

I finally got the Tachometer installed and my new centerpiece, a 1964 1/2 red convertible put in tonight. I put the 50th anniversary logo on the doors.

image.jpg 241 KB

Looks sharp, you must like converts. The tach was the first mod I put on. I need a sculptor because I'd like to put a '70 Fastback that looks like my car to put on my game. My Mustang doesn't look stock any more. My avatar shows what the rear quarters look like. The front fenders are flaired also but not that big.

#144 9 years ago

I've done the red lighted flipper buttons, lollypop siderails, cliffy protector, and it looks great with aluminum flippers.

Got the tach mod, and had a "wonder if" moment... Checked into it, and there was enough slack in the tach wires to reach the bowl switch! I like it better so far. The tach jumps with the engine rev sound, and it's an extra treat for hitting the ramp!

Fun Game!

#145 9 years ago

This is what the led strip looks like on the center drain. The auto iris on the camera closes, that why the picture looks kind of dark.

IMGA0987-525.JPGIMGA0987-525.JPG IMGA0984-391.JPGIMGA0984-391.JPG
#146 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Got the tach mod, and had a "wonder if" moment... Checked into it, and there was enough slack in the tach wires to reach the bowl switch! I like it better so far. The tach jumps with the engine rev sound, and it's an extra treat for hitting the ramp!

Cool idea.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

I've done the red lighted flipper buttons, lollypop siderails, cliffy protector, and it looks great with aluminum flippers.
Fun Game!

Can you post a pic of your alum flippers installed.? Thanks

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

but now ya gotta get-um for the coffee table.

Yeah, but until then the coffee table is much easier to move.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Can you post a pic of your alum flippers installed.? Thanks

Here ya go. They seem to have a little extra "oomph" too.

July-Aug-Sept 2014 052.jpgJuly-Aug-Sept 2014 052.jpg

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Here ya go. They seem to have a little extra "oomph" too.

July-Aug-Sept 2014 052.jpg 283 KB

Looks great. I'm going to go with those also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-mustang-pro-mods-so-far/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.