image-947.jpg
image-636.jpg
image-570.jpg
image.jpg
Ford Shooter Knob.png
image-434.jpg
image-958.jpg
image-374.jpg
There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

Got mine from JJ @ Gex. My mods so far include; Invisiglass, a pulley, a new car, pinball side mirrors, LEDs in the speakers, under the cab and soon in the buttons too.

Invisiglass was shipped safely with my game.
image-881.jpgimage-881.jpg

I attached a pulley to the ceiling to haul it upstairs. Why didn't I think of this sooner!
image-733.jpgimage-733.jpg

Found the gray one on eBay for $20. It looks just like my daily driver. Maisto and M2 both make 1:24 scale cars that bolt right into place.
image-495.jpgimage-495.jpg

Up close and with some white LEDs in place of the reds in back.
image-898.jpgimage-898.jpg

Picked up my mirror blades at TPF for $70.
image-335.jpgimage-335.jpg

Added some speaker lights DIY style here.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pro-diy-speaker-lights
image-53.jpgimage-53.jpg

And some under cab that are tied to the speakers, both of which can change color or cycle or flash, etc.
image-268.jpgimage-268.jpg

Up next, adding these to the speaker grills.
image-673.jpgimage-673.jpg

Hope you like.

#2 10 years ago

Nice. I'm a mustang guy who is going with a boss premium . Your game looks great.

#3 10 years ago

I did a couple mods today. I got these off ebay and are made of chromed metal.

20140417_082946.jpg20140417_082946.jpg

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I did a couple mods today. I got these off ebay and are made of chromed metal.

20140417_082946.jpg 178 KB

April 17th 2014 is the 50th Anniversary Ford mustang.
The Mustang script is from a 1968. The 2 running horses are off of a Mustang II. Looks Good.

#5 10 years ago

This game to me should get a shifter on the LE

#6 10 years ago

Nice choice in replacing the car on the playfield. Was it branded, by chance?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

April 17th 2014 is the 50th Anniversary Ford mustang.
The Mustang script is from a 1968. The 2 running horses are off of a Mustang II. Looks Good.

You nailed the dates. good job!

My next mods will be adding a subwoofer, lighted speakes, and adding two cars on the ramps like the premium/le.

sed6: your pulley system is awesome.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

You nailed the dates. good job!
My next mods will be adding a subwoofer, lighted speaker lights, and adding two cars on the ramps like the premium/le.
sed6: your pulley system is awesome.

Funny the ramps have 4 holes in them and was wondering how you add cars to it - what is your plan?

#9 10 years ago

I'm cutting some lexan and going to add the black spacers and use #6-32 screws and nylon insert lock nuts. This looks to be exactly what Stern is using on the premium/le. I have a couple of hot wheels cars coming from ebay. Mounting the cars to the lexan pieces is to be determined once I get the cars.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3156

20140417_110412.jpg20140417_110412.jpg
#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I'm cutting some lexan and going to add the black spacers and use #6-32 screws and nylon insert lock nuts. This looks to be exactly what Stern is using on the premium/le. I have a couple of hot wheels cars coming from ebay. Mounting the cars to the lexan pieces is to be determined once I get the cars.

Quoted from Tekman:

20140417_110412.jpg 70 KB

sounds like a great idea - if you want to cut me 2 I would gladly buy them Love this game

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

sounds like a great idea - if you want to cut me 2 I would gladly buy them Love this game

It would be a good idea if Pinbits makes a protector set and also includes the car ramp plastics.

#12 10 years ago

Car ramp plastics with a small LED in them and hook to a flasher. Flash under the car. Hmmm, maybe something I should consider making for cheap. If someone sends me the dimensions in millimeters I can try to come up with something cool.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Car ramp plastics with a small LED in them and hook to a flasher. Flash under the car. Hmmm, maybe something I should consider making for cheap. If someone sends me the dimensions in millimeters I can try to come up with something cool.

How about using a Comet Pinball 6.3v, 3 or 7 led strip, they only have white and purple right now but their 12v, 3 led strip comes in colors. They would put a lot of light under the car. To get even more light paint the underside of the car white to reflect the light. That "might" work, not sure though.

Dang I want one of these, I might just have to bite the bullet and get the Pro. It would be my first NIB. So who has the best deals?

#14 10 years ago

We're going to do several model cars with lighting effects. Will make them plug and play and they should be reasonable. Working on them now...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

We're going to do several model cars with lighting effects. Will make them plug and play and they should be reasonable. Working on them now...

I may or may not, it's gonna be hard for me since I passed on the machine.

#16 10 years ago

I have one

#17 10 years ago

We need cliffy's for the scoop. Mine is starting to wear after 100 plays

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

20140417_110412.jpg 70 KB

Hey guys. The lexan and screws are included with the Pro pin. They're in the goodie bags.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Hey guys. The lexan and screws are included with the Pro pin. They're in the goodie bags.

That's what I get for trying to keep the goodie bag intact. Thanks, that saved me a lot of work!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I may or may not, it's gonna be hard for me since I passed on the machine.

I can always make you a good deal on one

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I can always make you a good deal on one

Zdoor, you talkin about a Mustang? What u got?

#23 10 years ago

Looks cool. Thinking I should have spent more time checking out this pinball at the Colorado pinball trade show last weekend. It could be a sleeper hit.

#24 10 years ago

Rob, you got nowhere to put another one.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have one what?

Mustang pin!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Zdoor, you talkin about a Mustang? What u got?

We have Mustangs available. Will have a custom version done soon.

#27 10 years ago

Now here is a mod. Changing out the 1/64 cars for 2 mint Red Line Hot wheels. Like a chrome Boss Hoss, would be cool on there.

#28 10 years ago

Like this fine example. thCA624HSY.jpg BH-299.jpgthCA624HSY.jpg BH-299.jpg

#29 10 years ago

Thanks to sed6 for letting us know the ramp plastics to mount the cars are already in the goodie bag. I took the plunge and added two cars today.

parts_mustangs.jpgparts_mustangs.jpg mounted_mustangs.jpgmounted_mustangs.jpg assembled_mustangs.jpgassembled_mustangs.jpg gray_mustang.jpggray_mustang.jpg yellow_mustang.jpgyellow_mustang.jpg
#30 10 years ago

Most likely I will not be drilling any holes into the Boss Hoss. I maybe able to use the wire axles to hold the Hot Wheel in place. Any other 1/64 car would be fair game.

#31 10 years ago

Tonight I added black leg bolts and some carpet glide feet from Marco. I used my mini floor jack to help.

image-280.jpgimage-280.jpg

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Tonight I added black leg bolts and some carpet glide feet from Marco. I used my mini floor jack to help.

image-280.jpg 262 KB

Where did ya get the mini jack?

#33 10 years ago

My wife made custom apron cards today.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-custom-mustang-apron-cards

20140420_121354.jpg20140420_121354.jpg
#34 10 years ago

Clear washers on slings and other locations for protection.

clearwashers.jpgclearwashers.jpg
#35 10 years ago

Yellow post really blends in well.

yellowpost.jpgyellowpost.jpg
#36 10 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I used my mini floor jack to help.

What is that jack originally for? It looks small enough to fit in the coin box.

#37 10 years ago
#38 10 years ago

I did a ton of mods to mine. I installed a train and replaced the mustang with a swinging bell. Swapped out the playfield with an AC/DC one, bought new ramps, moved a bunch of posts and metal guides around, redecalled the cabinet with different art. It's like a whole new game.

#39 10 years ago

Mustang truly is a great game; if you did not get to play it yet go out and try it

#40 10 years ago

i've played it quite a bit and several shows. It's not horrible.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

My wife made custom apron cards today.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-custom-mustang-apron-cards

20140420_121354.jpg 237 KB

Those are really nice, wife did a GREAT job.

#42 10 years ago

Added slide rails to replace those worthless pegs.

sliderails.jpgsliderails.jpg
#43 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Those are really nice, wife did a GREAT job.

Thanks. I'll pass it along.

#44 10 years ago

Shaker motor. It's still under utilized, even with the new v1.20 code.

shaker.jpgshaker.jpg
#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Shaker motor. It's still under utilized, even with the new v1.20 code.

shaker.jpg 112 KB

Yes slide rails are a must. Is the shaker hard to install? Never done one before. Looking to buy Mustang soon.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is the shaker hard to install? Never done one before. Looking to buy Mustang soon.

I've put many shakers in, but I acquired this machine with a shaker already installed. The connector is already there and the mounting holes are already dimpled on the inside wall of the cabinet for the shaker board, and the t-nuts are already in place in the bottom of the cabinet to mount the actual shaker assembly. I did have to remove this one to fix the board being mounted incorrectly and the screws were loose causing it to rattle. The whole job is about 20 minutes.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I've put many shakers in, but I acquired this machine with a shaker already installed. The connector is already there and the mounting holes are already dimpled on the inside wall of the cabinet for the shaker board, and the t-nuts are already in place in the bottom of the cabinet to mount the actual shaker assembly. I did have to remove this one to fix the board being mounted incorrectly and the screws were loose causing it to rattle. The whole job is about 20 minutes.

Sounds good, thanks.

#48 10 years ago

You guys are inspirational!!! Really sweet looking mods and machine!! Cant wait till my pinball machine slush fund is overflowing....
Any truth to the dream I had that two Mustang machines are able to link with each other and race against one another? Sweet dreams dreamer??

#49 10 years ago

Nice mods Tekman. Any body know if the getaway key start mod would work on this game? I'm also gonna do a shift knob shooter rod. I have them on most of my car pins. Griots also has a cool clock shaped like a mustang dashboard that might be a good topper. Hoppy lobby also had a big running horse that might work. Either topper would look good with Lasrerifffic led light changeling topper light.

#50 10 years ago

One more idea. Pinball life aluminum flipper bats. I've done chrome but not aluminum. I think they would look good. This mod hobby sometimes gets out of hand but it's a distraction from my car hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-mustang-pro-mods-so-far and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.