(Topic ID: 124439)

Moving to New Jersey

By Ranhorton

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-631.jpg
    image.jpg
    wolfman.gif
    ted.jpg
    download (1).jpg
    IMAG6537.jpg
    IMAG6538 (1).jpg
    th-3.jpeg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    funny-shaped-vegetables-fruits-4.jpg
    90960-i.jpg
    th-2.jpeg
    download (2).jpg
    in-soviet-russia-the-fool-pities-mr-t1-demotivational-poster.jpg
    IMG_00001990.jpg
    IMG_00002028.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

So me and my family are moving to the Garden State from Madison, WI in May and I'd love to get some insight from any of you NJ locals.
    I'm going to be working in Secaucus and just beginning my search for a home.
    Looking to live in the best school district we can afford (within a 20 mile radius of work) or at least in a town where every bar has a pinball machine in it
    Really, really sad to be leaving my Madison pinball crew but excited to meet all you Jersey pinballers.
    -Ran

Some insight from a NJ resident?

Stay in Wisconsin.

Welcome to extremely high property taxes and income taxes. Everything is expensive in North Jersey.

As for pinball, the best 2 places are Modern Pinball in NYC and Silverball Museum in Asbury Park.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Not to mention general abuse and corruption from elected officials and those that are supposed to be working for you/protecting you.

Thanks, I forgot about that.

#18 9 years ago

And be prepared to jump through hoops in your town to just cut a tree down or repave your driveway.

#20 9 years ago

Abbot Districts. Where school districts gets millions and the kids are just as dumb before the millions.

#24 9 years ago

NJ could be the greatest state. We need to get rid of 80% of Newark and all of Camden. There are other cities that we need to get rid of too.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No Christmas party. That's been converted to the summer show which has since been cancelled in lieu of Pintastic New England. So Jack's party has actually officially moved out of Jersey as well!

Wait? No Summer Open House in August 2015???

#37 9 years ago

I went to Jack's show back in August. I had such a great time. I'm sad to see it go.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

God forbid you own a firearm here though. I felt like a criminal obtaining a permit to purchase.

99% of all gun crimes in this state are because of illegal guns.

So who does the state go after?

Guys like me, who legally want to own guns.

FYI, if you do have guns. Get them registered as soon as you get into this state. Do not drive around with the gun and ammo in the same bag. Put the ammo in a bag in your backseat and put the gun in a bag in the trunk. We have people in the state legislature who actively want to rid the state of all legal firearms.

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Do I get to cuddle with you and the wife when I visit?

Go to Ocean Grove for that.

#138 9 years ago

Get yourself an E-Z Pass too. You're gonna need it.

As for common core, why on earth are we changing the way we are teaching the kids. 70-25=45. This has worked for centuries...why the sudden change?

1 month later
    #223 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Keep laughing, buddy. Our state is a hell of a lot better than Location Unknown.

This guy is from parts unknown…just saying...

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
    #229 8 years ago

To the new guy coming to NJ.

If you're in the Monmouth County area, go to Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck. Make sure to get their apple cider, apple cider donuts, and cookies.

If you're down in Point Pleasant, go to Joe Leone's for Italian specialty food.

#237 8 years ago

Pelligrino's in Little Italy NYC is the best Italian restaurant I've been too.

Tony Da Caneca & Fornos of Spain are the 2 best restaurants I've been too in Newark.

Yumi in Sea Bright might be the best sushi in NJ.

#254 8 years ago

http://www.calandrasbakery.com

Best bakery in all of NJ.

I live off exit 105 on the Parkway. I will drive to Newark to go visit Calandra's Baker…it is that good. Make sure you get a buttered roll there too, every hour hot bread comes out of the oven.

#255 8 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i would KILL for a white castle closer than 1 hour away...
    and yes, i have made the 2 hour round trip to eat them...
    of course, i have also made a 2 hour round trip to eat at awful house as well...
    i DO have a krispy kreme within walking distance of my house though...

Do you go to the White Castle on Route 9?

#257 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No Christmas party. That's been converted to the summer show which has since been cancelled in lieu of Pintastic New England. So Jack's party has actually officially moved out of Jersey as well!

I spoke to Jack at Allentown. His summer party/open house is back on!!!

I can't wait, I should almost be fully healed by then…going to get my partially torn rotator fixed tomorrow.

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I really hope you exercise.

I use my index finger to play pinball…that gets a pretty good workout.

#264 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I spoke to Jack at Allentown. His summer party/open house is back on!!!
    I can't wait, I should almost be fully healed by then…going to get my partially torn rotator fixed tomorrow.

Had my surgery yesterday. Rotator was worse than feared…now I have a 6 month recovery ahead of me.

Looks like no pinball for at least a month, if not more.

#268 8 years ago

No white castle. lol

My appetite is pretty much shot. I'm not really up and about. It's my right arm and naturally, I'm a righty.

But I will definitely be at Jack's August show.

#271 8 years ago

This is the most painful surgery I've ever gone through.

Here's a bit of advice, don't ever tear your rotator.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-to-new-jersey?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.