5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 297 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-631.jpg
    image.jpg
    wolfman.gif
    ted.jpg
    download (1).jpg
    IMAG6537.jpg
    IMAG6538 (1).jpg
    th-3.jpeg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    funny-shaped-vegetables-fruits-4.jpg
    90960-i.jpg
    th-2.jpeg
    download (2).jpg
    in-soviet-russia-the-fool-pities-mr-t1-demotivational-poster.jpg
    IMG_00001990.jpg
    IMG_00002028.jpg

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You motor boatin' sunnuvabitch! Welcome to Jersey! Move to Madison NJ and you'll be doing well!

Love that movie...guilty pleasure I guess..

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Goodfellas? Some mob movie.

Ha! Yep, Goodfellas. Part of the build up to the "Do you think I'm funny?" scene

#254 5 years ago

http://www.calandrasbakery.com

Best bakery in all of NJ.

I live off exit 105 on the Parkway. I will drive to Newark to go visit Calandra's Baker…it is that good. Make sure you get a buttered roll there too, every hour hot bread comes out of the oven.

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i would KILL for a white castle closer than 1 hour away...
    and yes, i have made the 2 hour round trip to eat them...
    of course, i have also made a 2 hour round trip to eat at awful house as well...
    i DO have a krispy kreme within walking distance of my house though...

Do you go to the White Castle on Route 9?

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

http://www.calandrasbakery.com
    Best bakery in all of NJ.
    I live off exit 105 on the Parkway. I will drive to Newark to go visit Calandra's Baker…it is that good. Make sure you get a buttered roll there too, every hour hot bread comes out of the oven.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do you go to the White Castle on Route 9?

I really hope you exercise.

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No Christmas party. That's been converted to the summer show which has since been cancelled in lieu of Pintastic New England. So Jack's party has actually officially moved out of Jersey as well!

I spoke to Jack at Allentown. His summer party/open house is back on!!!

I can't wait, I should almost be fully healed by then…going to get my partially torn rotator fixed tomorrow.

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I really hope you exercise.

I use my index finger to play pinball…that gets a pretty good workout.

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I use my index finger to play pinball…that gets a pretty good workout.

Being from Jersey like me, I'd think your middle finger gets the best workout.

#260 5 years ago

Ok, so having grown up in NJ, my wife and I often say that it takes a lot for "our NJ to slip out" here in the midwest, but when it does its a hoot as our friends are sometimes shocked at how "such a polite couple" can really "correct" bad behaviors of complete strangers

Regardless of where you land in "The Garden State," I would recommend spending some time at the Silverball Museum in Absury Park; awesome place.

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

Ok, so having grown up in NJ, my wife and I often say that it takes a lot for "our NJ to slip out" here in the midwest, but when it does its a hoot as our friends are sometimes shocked at how "such a polite couple" can really "correct" bad behaviors of complete strangers
    Regardless of where you land in "The Garden State," I would recommend spending some time at the Silverball Museum in Absury Park; awesome place.

It's less than a mile from my office. After an hour of play, we stop by Brickwall for a pint and sliders.

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

It's less than a mile from my office. After an hour of play, we stop by Brickwall for a pint and sliders.

That's awesome. Although I wasn't able to make it down there this past weekend when I was briefly in NJ, I did arrange my previous trip to NJ to coincide with the Autism Gala there and had a blast with the wife. The quote of the evening from her was, "I think this place is about the right size for what we should have for our home arcade."

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Ha! Yep, Goodfellas. Part of the build up to the "Do you think I'm funny?" scene

Amazing how some good movies stick in your head. I haven't seen that movie in like 10 years at least, and only saw it a time or two.

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I spoke to Jack at Allentown. His summer party/open house is back on!!!
    I can't wait, I should almost be fully healed by then…going to get my partially torn rotator fixed tomorrow.

Had my surgery yesterday. Rotator was worse than feared…now I have a 6 month recovery ahead of me.

Looks like no pinball for at least a month, if not more.

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Had my surgery yesterday. Rotator was worse than feared…now I have a 6 month recovery ahead of me.
    Looks like no pinball for at least a month

Wish you the best with the recovery.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Looks like no pinball for at least a month, if not more.

Want me to bring you a sack of White Castles? I owe you!

#268 5 years ago

No white castle. lol

My appetite is pretty much shot. I'm not really up and about. It's my right arm and naturally, I'm a righty.

But I will definitely be at Jack's August show.

#269 5 years ago

WI to NJ...Thats almost like moving to another country.

I frequently travel to NY and NJ on business. I always have an excellent visit.

Funny thing, all my NJ staff are asking if they can relocated to Texas.... They all want out, due to cold weather and taxes.

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Funny thing, all my NJ staff are asking if they can relocated to Texas.... They all want out, due to cold weather and taxes.

I would be in TX right now if my wife's family didn't all live in NJ.

#271 5 years ago

This is the most painful surgery I've ever gone through.

Here's a bit of advice, don't ever tear your rotator.

#272 5 years ago

If you want a place not too far away to buy and service your pins ; give us a try.
    The company's name is Lights Out Pinball. We have been in the video game business(XBOX,Nintendo,PS4, etc) for 25 years + and expanded to Pinball machines 9 months ago. We have 40 machines in stock for you to inspect and play, we take trade ins, and starting in a few weeks we will be an LED bulb distributor. We also carry a good selection of parts, service, and deliver/pick up machines. Every machine that we sell comes with a full warranty, and a trade in guarantee of 12 months at 80% and 24 months at 70% of the price paid for your machine(purchased from us).
    You can also trade in video games and pinball machines towards anything we sell... home video games and accessories & handhelds, or pinball machines and accessories.
    Just give us a call, we can schedule an appointment for anytime on any day. Im the owner and I am there into the morning sometimes, so you can schedule for 2 AM on a Friday night for all I care... I am there anyway...

Manny
    Lights Out Pinball
    215-840-3147

#273 5 years ago

houdini jersey.jpg
    1 week later
    #274 5 years ago

Ran,
    Now that your living "Wall Street West/America's Golden Door".
    Do two things:
    1.Get a nice ride.
    2.Shop here for Groceries.
    IMG_00002028.jpg
    IMG_00001990.jpg

#275 5 years ago

I get growlers at the Super Buy Right by my work off of 22. They've always got a really good selection on tap of local breweries.
    http://www.superbuyritewine.com/events.php?pId=4

#276 5 years ago

I have definitely visited the Bottle King.
    I swear there are more liquor stores per square miles than there are stop signs.
    It's glorious.

#277 5 years ago

WELCOME to Jersey! Great time!

#278 5 years ago

Hey Randy just wanted to remind you that if you were in Madison, we would be drinking beers and playing Kiss at Schwoegler's tonight

miss you buddy

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

I swear there are more liquor stores per square miles than there are stop signs.
    It's glorious.

You'll understand why soon.

#280 5 years ago

Hopefully that will be tomorrow night!

#281 5 years ago

Speaking of liquor stores.. I left my damn growler at home. Growler Wednesday is gonna have to be Growler Thursday.

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey Randy just wanted to remind you that if you were in Madison, we would be drinking beers and playing Kiss at Schwoegler's tonight
    miss you buddy

Ah, thanks man.
    I wish i could have made it.
    Kiss looks sweet! I'm not a huge fan of the music but respect what they did for rock and roll. And respect Stern for making a sweet looking pin!
    Tell the Mad Rollin' Crew i say hi!

#283 5 years ago

Great time at Porterhouse! We now have to get you in on the "Cigar Thread"

#284 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Great time at Porterhouse! We now have to get you in on the "Cigar Thread"

Something tells me getting into cigar collecting is twice as expensive as pinball! Thank you again for an awesome night at The Porterhouse. When the guys from Madison make their way out to NJ for a visit we should definitely take them there!

#285 5 years ago

You know? I kept checking my mailbox for an invitation to that. Must've gotten lost in the mail. Shame, too...I would've worn another of my best Hawaiian shirts just for Ted.

I guess there's only one Randy allowed per social gathering.

#286 5 years ago

I'm here now bee... Come down anytime! I'll be here till 1am

#287 5 years ago

Ran... Why are you not here now??

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I'm here now bee... Come down anytime! I'll be here till 1am

Sure...I just had a cigar on my patio and NOW I see this. Have to watch my Blackhawks now anyway! Thanks, though!

#289 5 years ago

We were watching there...maybe Thursday?

2 weeks later
    #290 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Camden is hardly a reflection of NJ. I am sure there is some armpit area of WI that you would hate a tourist to see.Broaden your horizons and take a half hour drive out of Camden on your next trip.

don't even have to go half an hour... 5 minutes is all it takes... just cross the dmz into collingswood, and it's a different world...

#291 5 years ago

I'm right around the corner from deforg in hillsborough. yeah, taxes picture a new car every 2 years or 7 good pins every year, thats what we're throwing away. Garden state dies out oct. Then its a long, cold winter. Snow plows love the overtime so you'll hear them "plowing" down to the blacktop at 3am. Not to mention the occasional BANG as they take out mailboxes. Stay off the highways 4:30pm to 6pm. And if you want to go south in the summer on a weekend, forgetaboutit.
    Beaches are great, but everyone packs them for the 3 months. Water isn't really warm until aug. And watch out for the tar balls. But boardwalks are incredible. Also, there is always a back road.
    garden state exhibition center and exhibit center have some cool things there. Plenty of estate sales and antiquing places. A lot of history and historical places around. Plenty of liquor store, love bottle king.
    chucks wings in princeton for best wings in the world. Plus triumph brewing company has a nice sampler. El Rancho in saugerties for salsa, best in the world.
    Plenty of malls, shopping centers, and restaurant chains. Atlantic city is a rip off if you want to gamble, but a nice place to visit for the outlets. Close to philly, but get in and out quick. I always take train into NY. Tomato festival in flemington in august.
    In may, everyone goes nuts, walking outside to get fresh air after long winters. Newark airport sucks, but easy to get in and out.
    Welcome. I'm hoping to retire within 10 years and leave, never comming or looking back. Some beautiful places to live, but the nicer they are, the higher the taxes. We got lakes, pond, creeks, and delware water gap not too far away. 6 flags great adventure and dorney park is close by. Beach tags, naturally it costs to step on to sand. People party hard to make up for working hard. And get used to landscapers all around making as much noise as possible at 9am.

#292 5 years ago

Don't forget, the Ranster was from the east coast at one point and knows the area pretty well...

#293 5 years ago

Love the Beach Tag scam. Fortunately, not required in Atlantic City.

Let's not forget the shoobies.

#294 5 years ago

Historic Haddonfield, which is just a few miles from Camden, NJ, is consistently ranked among the very best suburban towns in the USA. The independent organizations which evaluate quality of life, give Haddonfield some of its highest grades, based on a variety of criteria (e.g. schools, proximity to cultural attractions, transportation, real estate value). The town has an underground railroad slave escape route. It also has dinosaur bone fossils. Its public schools are better than most private schools nationwide. Most of the streets are lined with mature oak trees and many of the town's Victorian and Colonial houses are architectural marvels. Even pop culture has found its way to the quaint town. The house in the horror film "Halloween" is in Haddonfield.

3 weeks later
    #295 5 years ago

Ran!...you ready for Porterhouse Pt.2 ?

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Ran!...you ready for Porterhouse Pt.2 ?

Hell yeah!
    I think I finally got my lungs back after those epic cigars you shared.

#297 5 years ago

Hah! I'm ready when you are!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 150.00
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 19.95
    $ 16.00
    There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside