3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 297 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-631.jpg
    image.jpg
    wolfman.gif
    ted.jpg
    download (1).jpg
    IMAG6537.jpg
    IMAG6538 (1).jpg
    th-3.jpeg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    funny-shaped-vegetables-fruits-4.jpg
    90960-i.jpg
    th-2.jpeg
    download (2).jpg
    in-soviet-russia-the-fool-pities-mr-t1-demotivational-poster.jpg
    IMG_00001990.jpg
    IMG_00002028.jpg

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 3 years ago

Its beautiful up here in northwest NJ in Sussex county but almost an hour drive without traffic from Secaucus. It all depends on when you are driving to work as far as traffic goes. Very affordable with good schools too. If you want to be closer, Morris county is nice as well but more expensive.

#52 3 years ago

You'll be able to get good pizza again! There isn't one good pizza joint west of Harrisburg PA!

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Ran,
    You still have your cyclone? I'm interested. Less to drag to NJ.

Hey Chris
    Unfortunately no.
    Jonogo bought it from me a while back.
    I think he kept it for a couple days

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't know why they call NJ the garden state.

For many parts of NJ it's actually "The Guardin' State."

Paterson, Camden, AC, Orange, Irvington, Newark... I'm looking at you.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Where he lives is out in a woodsy area called Sussex where nobody in their right mind goes. Lots of cabins in the deep dark woods peopled by creepy guys with shotguns. People disappear up there all the time, and there have been some bigfoot sightings as well (although I think it's just humungous black bears). Visit at your own peril.

I am in Morris County.....we have dentists!

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I am Morris County.....we have dentists!

Aw crap. Well...there goes that joke.

#57 3 years ago

I am still so very bummed about this.

I guess you will need to have me over one more time to make sure I cement all my high scores on your games. Once my high scores are gone then I will make a trip out to that hell hole to reup

NJ honestly does not deserve you Ran, but I know it is a smart move at this time for your family.

I have a feeling you will eventually be back in madison.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CHANGED YOUR Avatar!!!

Speaking of which! You know I am going to want that one back, don't you?

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

For many parts of NJ it's actually "The Guardin' State."
    Paterson, Camden, AC, Orange, Irvington, Newark... I'm looking at you.

God forbid you own a firearm here though. I felt like a criminal obtaining a permit to purchase.

#60 3 years ago

the reason that i would tell people not to move to nj is because we have enough people already...

other than that, i've lived in many places... i put down roots in southern jersey a long time ago... and i live right next door to camden...

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i put down roots in southern jersey a long time ago..

Ah, that's why they call it the garden state. They are farming people!

#62 3 years ago

Also, if you do defend yourself in your home here, you go to jail when the intruder sues you. And don't think about using hollow-point rounds.

in-soviet-russia-the-fool-pities-mr-t1-demotivational-poster.jpg

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ah, that's why they call it the garden state. They are farming people!

shhh.... don't tell anyone... it'll kill the organ harvesting industry...

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

if they moved madison wisconsin to a place with better climate, i would move there for sure... what a great town...

sadly... wisconsin...

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

God forbid you own a firearm here though. I felt like a criminal obtaining a permit to purchase.

99% of all gun crimes in this state are because of illegal guns.

So who does the state go after?

Guys like me, who legally want to own guns.

FYI, if you do have guns. Get them registered as soon as you get into this state. Do not drive around with the gun and ammo in the same bag. Put the ammo in a bag in your backseat and put the gun in a bag in the trunk. We have people in the state legislature who actively want to rid the state of all legal firearms.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

shhh.... don't tell anyone... it'll kill the organ harvesting industry...

download (2).jpg

#67 3 years ago

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

if they moved madison wisconsin to a place with better climate, i would move there for sure... what a great town...
    sadly... wisconsin...

The weather serves its intended purpose. Winter is a bit ridiculous lately but it makes you appreciate the other seasons more.

Sorry to hear you're leaving, randy.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't know why they call NJ the garden state. I'll put my garden up against any of theirs. And it goes year round.

because the toxic waste in the soil produces wonderful vegetables...

#70 3 years ago

On the plus side, you won't have to pump your own gas, so you got that goin' for you.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

99% of all gun crimes in this state are because of illegal guns.
    So who does the state go after?
    Guys like me, who legally want to own guns.
    FYI, if you do have guns. Get them registered as soon as you get into this state. Do not drive around with the gun and ammo in the same bag. Put the ammo in a bag in your backseat and put the gun in a bag in the trunk. We have people in the state legislature who actively want to rid the state of all legal firearms.

we have the same problems here.because of this 99% you speak of some of us would not think of traveling in the city unarmed.legal or not....safety first

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

I hear the fishing is great there too.

th-2.jpeg

#73 3 years ago

There are some nice towns with good school systems close by Secaucus. Some of these towns like Fairfield, Caldwell, Livingston, Roseland, Essex Fells and a few more are in the 20 mile give or take a few miles. I don't know how much you are willing to spend on a home, but plan on a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, one car garage going for around $400,000 to $500,000 with taxes near $12,000 per year.

If you can start your job hours early at 7am and leave work by 3:30pm...then you'll avoid the heavy traffic flow and your commute will be about 30 minutes.

One thing for sure is there are plenty of pinball collectors here in NJ and they mostly are passionate and kind people who share their interest in the hobby with everyone. I for one have 4 game rooms and 40 pinballs in my home in Clifton, which is only a few miles away from Secaucus. Our youngest son is attending Clifton HS and will be a senior in September. He is getting a decent education and will be attend Montclair State College. Clifton has some real nice sections and cost will be the same as the above listed towns.

North Jersey has a lot to offer and can be a beautiful place to live and experience....you just have to block out all the not so good things. I've been here for near 60 years and enjoyed almost every minute of it, but in a few years I will be living at our condo in Florida.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

but in a few years I will be living at our condo in Florida.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

Sure does. Makes them fucking HUGE!

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Well if anything Ran, this thread is exactly what Pinside needed.... A thread where everyone comes together and agrees on one thing..... New Jersey sucks....

I don't think New Jersey sucks. Quite the contrary. Maybe where you live it sucks but where I lived in Jersey it was pretty awesome.

Quoted from belairjoe:

very refreshing to see Illinois not involved in this state bashing so let me chime in and say anyplace better then here for high taxes and corruption..i liked new jersey..every place I ate had really outstanding food.guys I did business with went the extra mile to make sure things finished right.driving same as Chicago so just flipping off a new group of drivers.good luck on your move.

Taxes on booze is a lot higher in Wisconsin than it is in Illinois and gas isn't any cheaper there either so quit your whining. A fifth of Stolichnaya vodka in Northern IL is $17.10. That same bottle in Wisconsin is $22.99. Same goes for beer. I live 1/2 hour from the Wisconsin border in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Quoted from o-din:

I don't know why they call NJ the garden state. I'll put my garden up against any of theirs. And it goes year round.

I used to live in New Jersey and the lower half of the state is really the "Garden State". Best freakin' tomatoes in the world and anyone from Jersey can attest to that. New Jersey is really like two completely different states north and south. The north is a suburb of New York City and the south is more rural with influences from Philly and Atlantic City. In the north they are Giants and Mets fans. In the south they are mostly Eagles and Phillies fans.

I used to live in Cape May, NJ and let me tell you, it was freakin' nice. Right on the shore with the best of both worlds. The city of Philadelphia an hour to the west and Atlantic City 15 minutes away. Awesome vegetable and fruit stands in the summer with some of the best produce in the world coming from the "Garden State".

Quoted from SirScott:

On the plus side, you won't have to pump your own gas, so you got that goin' for you.

A lot of people don't realize that New Jersey has the 2nd cheapest gas prices in the nation (and on top of that every gas station in New Jersey is full-service). No self-service gas stations are allowed in the state. However, a lot of other things are more expensive in New Jersey than in other states. People that live near the Pennsylvania border tend to buy their gas in New Jersey and their booze and cigarettes in PA. That's what I did.

North Jersey isn't as nice as the south but it's not bad. It's all in what you make of it. One things for sure, there will be a lot more to do as far as entertainment and dining in New Jersey than in rural Wisconsin although you can't beat the Wisconsin cheese. I'm driving up to Kenosha tonight to get some curds and string cheese.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Well if anything Ran, this thread is exactly what Pinside needed.... A thread where everyone comes together and agrees on one thing..... New Jersey sucks....

I don't think New Jersey sucks. Quite the contrary. Maybe where you live it sucks but where I lived in Jersey it was pretty awesome.

Quoted from belairjoe:

very refreshing to see Illinois not involved in this state bashing so let me chime in and say anyplace better then here for high taxes and corruption..i liked new jersey..every place I ate had really outstanding food.guys I did business with went the extra mile to make sure things finished right.driving same as Chicago so just flipping off a new group of drivers.good luck on your move.

Taxes on booze is a lot higher in Wisconsin than it is in Illinois and gas isn't any cheaper there either so quit your whining. A fifth of Stolichnaya vodka in Northern IL is $17.10. That same bottle in Wisconsin is $22.99. Same goes for beer. I live 1/2 hour from the Wisconsin border in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Quoted from o-din:

I used to live in New Jersey and the lower half of the state is really the "Garden State". Best freakin' tomatoes in the world and anyone from Jersey can attest to that. New Jersey is really like two completely different states north and south. The north is a suburb of New York City and the south is more rural with influences from Philly and Atlantic City. In the north they are Giants and Mets fans. In the south they are mostly Eagles and Phillies fans.

I used to live in Cape May, NJ and let me tell you, it was freakin' nice. Right on the shore with the best of both worlds. The city of Philadelphia an hour to the west and Atlantic City 15 minutes away. Awesome vegetable and fruit stands in the summer with some of the best produce in the world coming from the "Garden State".

Quoted from SirScott:

A lot of people don't realize that New Jersey has the 2nd cheapest gas prices in the nation (and on top of that every gas station in New Jersey is full-service). No self-service gas stations are allowed in the state. However, a lot of other things are more expensive in New Jersey than in other states. People that live near the Pennsylvania border tend to buy their gas in New Jersey and their booze and cigarettes in PA. That's what I did.

North Jersey isn't as nice as the south but it's not bad. It's all in what you make of it. One things for sure, there will be a lot more to do as far as entertainment and dining in New Jersey than in rural Wisconsin although you can't beat the Wisconsin cheese. I'm driving up to Kenosha tonight to get some curds and string cheese.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I don't know how much you are willing to spend on a home, but plan on a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, one car garage going for around $400,000 to $500,000 with taxes near $12,000 per year.

I'd imagine that this must be a massive shock to someone living in the mid-west or the south. Out where I live in "central" NJ, you might pay the same property taxes, but get a 4-5 br, 2.5-3 ba house with maybe 1/2-1 acre of land, no traffic and decent schools. still shockingly high, but a bit better than in the North. Only time I really go North is to pick up a pin, or in transit to go skiing.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am still so very bummed about this.
    I guess you will need to have me over one more time to make sure I cement all my high scores on your games. Once my high scores are gone then I will make a trip out to that hell hole to reup
    NJ honestly does not deserve you Ran, but I know it is a smart move at this time for your family.

Thanks Hilton

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I used to live in New Jersey and the lower half of the state is really the "Garden State". Best freakin' tomatoes in the world and anyone from Jersey can attest to that.

But are there tomatoes now? I just picked some red ripe ones and they are yummy.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I'd imagine that this must be a massive shock to someone living in the mid-west

Maybe it depends on where in the Midwest.... I got "tax shock" when we built our house in rural Wisconsin. I live near nothing to note, and pay about $4200 a year on a house with tax appraised value of $175,000.

My dad has a similar house in NC and his taxes are just a shade over $1100 a year.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sure does. Makes them fucking HUGE!

damn straight!! how do you think we get 'em to grow so big? fertilizer ain't getting THAT done...

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

New Jersey is the greatest state in the union.
    Close to the shore.
    Close to the mountains.
    Close to New York.
    Lots of Pinball Collectors.
    Jersey Jack!!
    Cigars.

Don't forget close to Allentown!!

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

oh yea, and i can hardly WAIT for mine to grow... nothing like a fresh jersey tomato!

very good point about the 2 completely different states... south jersey and north jersey have very little in common, other than we ALL don't take no crap offa no one...

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But are there tomatoes now? I just picked some red ripe ones and they are yummy.

sure.... rub it in....

i will admit that i would pretty gladly tear up my south jersey roots and re-plant them in socal...

#86 3 years ago

Sconnie's loss is a HUGE New Jersey gain. RAN is about as good as it gets. There goes my Stern Kiss pin with my winnings from all our dollar games.
    RAN your always welcome to stay at my place and let me know if you need any help with the move. I have more free time without our dollar games, just less cash...lol
    See you soon and New Jersey has great people as well. Aka...LOU!!!!!He's a great pinballer too! Going to miss you man!

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hear the fishing is great there too.
    th-2.jpeg

fortunately, the water (for the most part) is significantly better than it once was around here... the river by my house, for example, would rot a body part off of you 20 years ago if you happened to touch it... now they have sculling races every weekend...

that being said, there are MANY places in southern nj where i wouldn't even touch the ground, let alone drink the water...

#88 3 years ago

Two O-din avatars (and one stolen one) in one day. That must be some kind of record.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ted...don't miss any of my next pinball gatherings. I could be in Florida sooner then I planned.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I used to live in New Jersey and the lower half of the state is really the "Garden State". Best freakin' tomatoes in the world and anyone from Jersey can attest to that

Absolutely, ground candy. Even little old Italian grandmas admit they're better than Italy's best.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of which! You know I am going to want that one back, don't you?

Alright...you can have your avatar back. Even I was getting confused looking at my own posts. I thought you'd written them! That dog is your brand - it somehow makes me feel dirty to use it, as much as I love it. So I'm back to the picture of my Spanky being rude.

Sorry I stole your avatar. I feel really ashamed.

Maybe.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That dog is your brand -

And these are my tomatoes.

90960-i.jpg

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Ted...don't miss any of my next pinball gatherings. I could be in Florida sooner then I planned.

i hear that florida has banned em pinball machines from being imported into the state...

since i am such a nice guy, i will volunteer to store them for you....

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

90960-i.jpg

mmmm.... avocados.... mmmm....

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Jersey Tomatoes - This is a Duckmato. Get ur meat & veggies in one spot. Evolution at light speed thanks to the awesome power of atoms (and superfund sites)

funny-shaped-vegetables-fruits-4.jpg

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

......er, you're not taking Centigrade 37 with you, hmmmmm?

#97 3 years ago

IMG_0784.jpg

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Jersey Tomatoes - This is a Duckmato.

Can you also grow peter peppers?

th-3.jpeg

#99 3 years ago

^^^

damn, you owe me a keyboard....

#100 3 years ago

Man, this sucks.

I look at this thread to see why there's so much interest in someone moving to NJ and see that it's Ran. NJ better be ready for one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. We will hate to see him disappear from the Madison pinball scene, but understand that family comes first. I'm not surprised he's being snatched away.

Best of luck to you and your family Ran! It was great getting to know you.
    Todd

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 18.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside