image-562.jpg
image-66.jpg
image-58.jpg
fangs2.jpg
fangs1.jpg
image-63.jpg
image-655.jpg
20131201_150455.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Fangs for the turtle. It just slides between the metal bracket and snakes head and clips on. Play testing in progress. Modifying as I type to either paint the center white piece black or eliminate it all together. I'm thinking $5 bucks including shipping, price may change, it is a PITA.

**UPDATE** Fangs are $15

152152-i.jpg152152-i.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Eliminated the bracket, does not need it. Now it looks more stock.

image-753.jpgimage-753.jpg

#17 10 years ago

Want to let everyone know what this looks like close. On the machine, I don't even notice the seam. I don't think you will either, because if you don't like em, send em back for a refund.

image-977.jpgimage-977.jpgimage-919.jpgimage-919.jpg

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I would like a set as well. better then the ones I made

PM your address, I will send you a couple for play testing/keepers. I still think you can get a rubber based set figured out. I will eventually send you my snake head for modification, because that is cool!

#28 10 years ago

Order here. I had to stop the PM madness. 2 sets for $10, free shipping to US.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pinballmods?ref=search_shop_redirect

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How easy is the install?

You may have to take out the top screw in the head and wiggle it a bit for clearance. Otherwise it just pushes in a clips onto another round plastic rod inside. Push and click. No software update needed.

#44 10 years ago

Here is the result of my play testing.

image-894.jpgimage-894.jpg

#54 10 years ago

Give me a minute, I am installing my new 3d printed drop target. No worries, its easy.

#58 10 years ago

These are not the official instructions.

Remove the top screw in head
Remove the screw holding the plastic behind snake head, rotate plastic to make back screw in head accessible
Remove back screw in head
Wiggle head until you have enough clearance, just need 1.5mm between bracket and snake mouth

We need a virgin head, it may fit in without any screw removal at all.

#60 10 years ago

My clearance and the head is down tight as can be.

image-156.jpgimage-156.jpg

#72 10 years ago

To improve the success rate of my prints I will be making a slight modification to the shape of the tooth.

Here is what I assume the original to look like. Anybody with both or one tooth left, can you tell me in millimeters how long they are?

images.jpgimages.jpg

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

For those of us that already ordered, will we get the new or old teeth? If that's a pic of the new ones, they look really awesome.

I will post the new design, just a slight modification. I will make sure everyone gets what they want somehow.

#76 10 years ago

Two machines these fit great. If you have a snake that looks like my buddies, it does not look so hot to me. Please let me know if you want to cancel. I am afraid to make it look right he may have to file the left tooth down because it is elevating the head. They did a crappy job on filing his teeth off on his LE.

Pic 1. My snake
Pic 2. His snake
Pic 3. His snake with the fangs.
image-368.jpgimage-368.jpgimage-644.jpgimage-644.jpgimage-193.jpgimage-193.jpg

#81 10 years ago

I am getting 2 to 4 sets out everyday so I will try to get those folks to put up some reviews. I am sticking with the original design, I agree they look better than the stock version.

#85 10 years ago

I have closed the ordering on the snake fangs, waiting for reviews. Everyone that has ordered will be receiving them by or earlier than the emailed delivery date confirmation.

#102 10 years ago

Fang update:
These have been really tough to manufacture properly. Here are the steps that I am going to take.

1. All existing orders will contain only 1 set of fangs, $5 dollars will be refunded to you when they ship. If you ordered 2 sets of 2, instead of 4, you will get 2.
2. New fang orders will be $15, free shipping in US
3. Fangs will carry a 6 month warranty in case of breakage

Thanks for everyones support on these. PM me if you need me to keep the order whole if you are ordering for more than 1 machine. See below.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Why change it now,why not price all new orders higher.
I ordered two sets for more than one game,knowing I would have to pay higher shipping costs.
Shipping to me on one set is over 12.00,plus I ordered a coffin mod.
Dan

If you need all 4 let me know. I would have shipped you 2 fangs assuming you had these as backups. Sorry you live in Canada. That was me being funny.

1 week later
#112 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

When did you order? I'm just trying to figure out when mine should ship.

You should have received a confirmation email with estimated delivery date.

#114 10 years ago

It will ship this week or early next. I finally caught up

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm. Did 2 test games concentrating on shooting the snake. Survived them both but what do two test games mean? Hope yours breaking is an incident. Time will tell
Did you see the fangs on that thing should mean something after all

Did the breakage happen on the entrance or exit of Snake? I continuously threw a ball at mine and could not get them to break or come out.

** Remember there is a 6 month warranty **

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

Received about an hour ago, took all of 2 minutes to install, broke the left fang on the first ball of the first test game. Not to worry, ive got a second set which i will install. If it breaks, ill deal with the turtle.

I will not let you deal with a turtle, my friend. Do you have the Pro or Prem/LE?

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

Sorry, i didnt see what happened, all i know is that i took a backhand shot from the right flipper, instead of ball returning, i got the left fang........ ) Dont even think i made the snake shot, dribbled out of it. With it being a backhand shot, i think the impact happened on the side of the tooth/fang.
About the warranty........... it was only 10 bones, id much rather invest and say screw the warranty and let you come up with a solution to the unbreakable. I think the product has alot of Met owners wanting them, and it looks great, so ill wash my hands of this and wait for a second run of a newer material. With this said, i hope you develop something that holds.
Second set installed, have 4 games on it including a 150 mill flail fest and no breakage.

Keep me posted on set #2. I also have a policy if you are not completely happy with the product, I will refund your money. I am all about customer service, that is what the pinball community wants and needs.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Keep me posted on set #2. I also have a policy if you are not completely happy with the product, I will refund your money. I am all about customer service, that is what the pinball community wants and needs.

Did not take your feedback as bitching or complaining. Love you, man.

#127 10 years ago

You order and you get in line, I am ahead of schedule so sometime in December.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

These do really look great. Played my fourth game tonight and suddenly noticed, where are my fangs? The total assembly came loose and was at the bottom of the playfield in the ball through. Anyone else had this happen to? I am sure they snapped in when installed.
I didnt see it happening, think it was during a multiball when you are to busy with keeping the balls in the game . Anyway, installed them back again, lifted the snakehead a littly further to make sure they really snap around the plastic tube which is there. Think they could snap a little tighter honestly speaking. Pls see this as positive crtisim as I couldnt be happier with you developing this mod. It really looks awesome and is a musthave mod

That's easy, I can send another set, may have cut those a bit wide. I made them to snap in because the head is really not meant to be taken off. The other option is to send you one that slips over the post but it requires the head to be removed. The head is held on with a knurled nut that is glued into the top of the head.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Pooman2084:

Hey dude,
I paid a few weeks back but didn't get an email?
You must be swamped with orders, but when you get a sec, I'd appreciate a PM / email please.
Thanks!
Lloyd

I remember your order, just had to search for 'poo'. It's say December 9th, but you should get it earlier.

1 week later
#139 10 years ago

Mrs_mezelmods is sending a communication on the remaining orders that we have moved to a second source supplier and will ship on the December 18th or December 23rd.

She is doing a great job kicking my butt and by end of year, shipments will be much, much quicker.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

UPDATE: We've had some production issues and delays from our supplier. All current Fang orders will be fulfilled beginning December 18th. Orders with fangs plus another item are being held until fangs arrive.
This has been one of our biggest growing pains-- besides the one of getting Tim out of the way so I can get this operation rolling. I guess there is a reason he is in engineering and not in manufacturing

Go Bears!

#147 10 years ago

Large batch of fangs are on their way for assembly and delivery this week!

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Cool! Are these just for those who have already ordered, or are you taking new orders now?
BTW, I installed mine this weekend, and they look great!

I am continuing to take orders and getting out of the hole!

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

How is the ball kicked out with these installed,is there any interference ? I have a Premium

I have had very few issues reported on these. I guarantee that you will be satisfied based on the number that are installed out in the wild these days. Just say no to the turtle.

#159 10 years ago

One of our buddies had a snake like that, where stern cut the fangs off. They did a shotty job on those too. Their new snake head without the fangs doesn't have that problem.

Glad you like em

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

So none broke yet ?

Just had a couple issues and they have been resolved. JDubbbs had the most famous ones. He broke both sets in two days, so I made a slight tweak of the design and he has not had any issues. The newer set is very robust! If you have issues I will get them fixed. Have no fear.

#166 10 years ago

Yeah, I let Iamdarras know I would post that the fangs may not fit as well with his head. He was okay with that. Sounds like the several people that have bought his head has figured a work around. So it's all good.

#169 10 years ago

Just to let let everybody know, my fang nightmare is over. We have shipped every single order and have them in stock.

#172 10 years ago

Rensh, tomorrow I will send you a backup set with an intact ring. They are printed with a full ring and I cut them so everyone would not have to pull their snakehead completely off.

#178 10 years ago

Send me his address and I will get the rev.2 fangs out to them. The rev.2 have a design improvement that make them much stronger for issues like this.

I just confirmed with jdubbbs that his rev.2 fangs are still going strong. He had a machine that broke 2 in a day. He plays his daily. I also play the crap out of mine with rev.1 fangs and they have never had an issue.

It's customer service from here on out.

2 weeks later
#184 10 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

How do you guys install this? I took the screw off the top of the snake head but that doesn't seem enough. Is there another screw? I don't want to kill my snake trying to take the head off. Thanks, Mike

There is a screw in the back of the snakes head you can remove also if you need to get more wiggle room.

3 months later
#194 10 years ago

I've seen a lot of turtles out there lately. Fang em up.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Do these work with Iamdarras snake head w/LED eyes?

I think his head does not have the center post to clip on to, but had another pinsider glue them onto the bracket. I do tell folks it is not plug and play but you can do the work around.

#197 10 years ago

When I was hanging with John Borg in Texas, his comment was that our fangs look better than the original. He got another set for Lyman.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Mine is lost in transit
Still trying to find it.

We will send the whole order again, time for me to invest in some postal insurance. Let us know if it does show up in the meantime.

2 weeks later
#213 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think I'm the only one who's having this issue: shots going to the snake sometimes get wedged between the right tooth and the guitar pick stand up target on the left side of the ramp.
The teeth seem to be centered, so maybe I should just trim them down a tiny bit?
Anyone else have this happen?
Great product and reasonably priced. Very happy overall.

Maybe your snake jaw needs adjusting, that's all I can think of.

1 week later
#223 9 years ago
Quoted from IAMWZL:

Hey There Tim, got my fangs/cells and sparky mods on friday, installed all ok, (cells were a cow, maybe it was Late and I was a bit tired, lost the snake tongue decal for 2 hours and found it just as I finished everything, lol) all sweet, cab looks sooooooo different (in a good way) now. Sparky wires dont appear to light up (I think) not sure if the light from the flashers is illuminating them or if they only have a pale glow to them, if you could shed some Light (pardon the funny pun) that would be awesome, all up, terrific products and all round terrific service, tony from Melbourne, Australia

Quoted from hollywood:

No. Mine recently started doing this as well. DEFINITELY NOT blaming the fangs!!! There has to be another reason this is occurring. A little baffled though…...

Through the diagnostics test, test flasher #27. This is where the sparky wires are hooked up. It is sometimes tough to tell if you have direct sunlight on them. You can also check your connection at the flasher bulb. If you suspect a problem, send me a note at [email protected] and we will get it resolved. The failures I have had is typically the 12v inverter. If that fails, it fails dead.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just curious on the guage colors...do they come individually, or in that specific order? I did my own individually, and I did green to the far right, then light green, yellow in the middle, and orange next to the red.

They come individually. That's essentially what we did too.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

Mine broke this weekend (left fang). Nothing out of the ordinary... just a normal ball hit and out came it tooth to my left flipper. I've had them installed for about 4 - 6 months I believe.
BSL

Send a note to [email protected] and we will take care of you. There is a rev.1 and rev.2, rev.2 is much stronger even the rev.1 have been very successful.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

IAMWZL, what colors are your EL wires? My blue one is VERY bright but the adjacent red/purple/pink (I'm colorblind partially so I dunno...lol..) one isn't very bright at all, can barely tell it lights up. I'm gonna replace it later on anyways, so I don't care. Just curious if that one color wire is just not very bright normally.

Blue and yellow is bright, the purple and orange is not as bright or obvious in the daylight. Best checked when played in the evening or the way I like, not much light at all. Let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-mod-snake-fangs-mezelmods?tu=tmezel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.