image-562.jpg
image-66.jpg
image-58.jpg
fangs2.jpg
fangs1.jpg
image-63.jpg
image-655.jpg
20131201_150455.jpg
There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 10 years ago

I would love a set.

#102 10 years ago

Fang update:
These have been really tough to manufacture properly. Here are the steps that I am going to take.

1. All existing orders will contain only 1 set of fangs, $5 dollars will be refunded to you when they ship. If you ordered 2 sets of 2, instead of 4, you will get 2.
2. New fang orders will be $15, free shipping in US
3. Fangs will carry a 6 month warranty in case of breakage

Thanks for everyones support on these. PM me if you need me to keep the order whole if you are ordering for more than 1 machine. See below.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Fang update:
These have been really tough to manufacture properly. Here are the steps that I am going to take.
1. All existing orders will contain only 1 set of fangs, $5 dollars will be refunded to you when they ship
2. New fang orders will be $15, free shipping in US
3. Fangs will carry a 6 month warranty in case of breakage
Thanks for everyones support on these.

Why change it now,why not price all new orders higher.
I ordered two sets for more than one game,knowing I would have to pay higher shipping costs.
Shipping to me on one set is over 12.00,plus I ordered a coffin mod.

Dan

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Why change it now,why not price all new orders higher.
I ordered two sets for more than one game,knowing I would have to pay higher shipping costs.
Shipping to me on one set is over 12.00,plus I ordered a coffin mod.
Dan

If you need all 4 let me know. I would have shipped you 2 fangs assuming you had these as backups. Sorry you live in Canada. That was me being funny.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

If you need all 4 let me know. I would have shipped you 2 fangs assuming you had these as backups. Sorry you live in Canada. That was me being funny.

Thanks Tmezel,we Canucks get screwed on all shipping

#106 10 years ago

After removing the screw, it took a little prying to get the head to gap enough space to insert the denture replacements but all in all they look great and work great. It doesn't effect gameplay at all from what I have seen! Also got a new grand champ score on my play test game (See, I always have stellar games after a mod or fresh wax).

IMG_2955.JPGIMG_2955.JPG

#107 10 years ago

I placed an order for 3 sets but I have more than one Metallica to give fangs so pls ship all 3 sets. This also considering the higher shipping costs to Europe

Pls confirm.

#108 10 years ago

Hi,

I ordered 4 fangs to the UK and need to do 3 machines please. Happy to pay a few more $ so you don't lose out.

Thanks again!

Lloyd

#109 10 years ago

Well if I had a Met I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. But alas...

1 week later
#110 10 years ago

Got them today. Easy install, a must have mod, looks great !!

Thanks

image-325.jpgimage-325.jpg image-985.jpgimage-985.jpg image-621.jpgimage-621.jpg
#111 10 years ago

When did you order? I'm just trying to figure out when mine should ship.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

When did you order? I'm just trying to figure out when mine should ship.

You should have received a confirmation email with estimated delivery date.

#113 10 years ago

I did, but I thought it was a placeholder date or something, because I ordered on the 11th of November and it says the estimated ship date is the 9th of December.

#114 10 years ago

It will ship this week or early next. I finally caught up

#115 10 years ago

Sweet, thanks!

#116 10 years ago

Mine are due to arrive today...can't wait to install.

#117 10 years ago

Received about an hour ago, took all of 2 minutes to install, broke the left fang on the first ball of the first test game. Not to worry, ive got a second set which i will install. If it breaks, ill deal with the turtle.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

Received about an hour ago, took all of 2 minutes to install, broke the left fang on the first ball of the first test game. Not to worry, ive got a second set which i will install. If it breaks, ill deal with the turtle.

Hmm. Did 2 test games concentrating on shooting the snake. Survived them both but what do two test games mean? Hope yours breaking is an incident. Time will tell

Did you see the fangs on that thing should mean something after all

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm. Did 2 test games concentrating on shooting the snake. Survived them both but what do two test games mean?

I loved the looks of my turtle with fangs, but with the breakage happening so quickly, looks to be an issue that would need to be resolved before i send Tim any more money.

Tim.... I AM HAPPY with the product, they looked great and a must have mod, good luck on trying to resolve the issue, maybe something less brittle and more flexible to allow it to take the force of a solid strike. If they were rubber, i understand it would then become a consumable product and would buy multiple sets and stock them as well.

Keep up the good work, again, i am happy with the product in its early stages, hope the next time i order them, something has been changed.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm. Did 2 test games concentrating on shooting the snake. Survived them both but what do two test games mean? Hope yours breaking is an incident. Time will tell
Did you see the fangs on that thing should mean something after all

Did the breakage happen on the entrance or exit of Snake? I continuously threw a ball at mine and could not get them to break or come out.

** Remember there is a 6 month warranty **

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

I will not let you deal with a turtle, my friend. Do you have the Pro or Prem/LE?

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Did the breakage happen on the entrance or exit of Snake? I continuously threw a ball at mine and could not get them to break or come out. Remember there is a 6 month warranty.

Sorry, i didnt see what happened, all i know is that i took a backhand shot from the right flipper, instead of ball returning, i got the left fang........ ) Dont even think i made the snake shot, dribbled out of it. With it being a backhand shot, i think the impact happened on the side of the tooth/fang.

About the warranty........... it was only 10 bones, id much rather invest and say screw the warranty and let you come up with a solution to the unbreakable. I think the product has alot of Met owners wanting them, and it looks great, so ill wash my hands of this and wait for a second run of a newer material. With this said, i hope you develop something that holds.

Second set installed, have 4 games on it including a 150 mill flail fest and no breakage.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

Sorry, i didnt see what happened, all i know is that i took a backhand shot from the right flipper, instead of ball returning, i got the left fang........ ) Dont even think i made the snake shot, dribbled out of it. With it being a backhand shot, i think the impact happened on the side of the tooth/fang.
About the warranty........... it was only 10 bones, id much rather invest and say screw the warranty and let you come up with a solution to the unbreakable. I think the product has alot of Met owners wanting them, and it looks great, so ill wash my hands of this and wait for a second run of a newer material. With this said, i hope you develop something that holds.
Second set installed, have 4 games on it including a 150 mill flail fest and no breakage.

Keep me posted on set #2. I also have a policy if you are not completely happy with the product, I will refund your money. I am all about customer service, that is what the pinball community wants and needs.

#124 10 years ago

Tim......... i am as happy as a stoner with a fresh ounce of ganja with your product. Not meant to be a complaint or distracting, chit happens, period. Bitching doesnt help resolve the issue, knowledge and suggestions will improve the product.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Keep me posted on set #2. I also have a policy if you are not completely happy with the product, I will refund your money. I am all about customer service, that is what the pinball community wants and needs.

Did not take your feedback as bitching or complaining. Love you, man.

#126 10 years ago

Hi Tim... I am going to place an order myself... they look awesome. How long do you think it will be before you have more ready to ship?

#127 10 years ago

You order and you get in line, I am ahead of schedule so sometime in December.

#128 10 years ago

These do really look great. Played my fourth game tonight and suddenly noticed, where are my fangs? The total assembly came loose and was at the bottom of the playfield in the ball through. Anyone else had this happen to? I am sure they snapped in when installed.

I didnt see it happening, think it was during a multiball when you are to busy with keeping the balls in the game . Anyway, installed them back again, lifted the snakehead a littly further to make sure they really snap around the plastic tube which is there. Think they could snap a little tighter honestly speaking. Pls see this as positive crtisim as I couldnt be happier with you developing this mod. It really looks awesome and is a musthave mod

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Think they could snap a little tighter honestly speaking

Maybe a dab of hot glue would work? Can easily be removed but at least it would stay on better?

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

These do really look great. Played my fourth game tonight and suddenly noticed, where are my fangs? The total assembly came loose and was at the bottom of the playfield in the ball through. Anyone else had this happen to? I am sure they snapped in when installed.
I didnt see it happening, think it was during a multiball when you are to busy with keeping the balls in the game . Anyway, installed them back again, lifted the snakehead a littly further to make sure they really snap around the plastic tube which is there. Think they could snap a little tighter honestly speaking. Pls see this as positive crtisim as I couldnt be happier with you developing this mod. It really looks awesome and is a musthave mod

That's easy, I can send another set, may have cut those a bit wide. I made them to snap in because the head is really not meant to be taken off. The other option is to send you one that slips over the post but it requires the head to be removed. The head is held on with a knurled nut that is glued into the top of the head.

#131 10 years ago

Hey dude,

I paid a few weeks back but didn't get an email?

You must be swamped with orders, but when you get a sec, I'd appreciate a PM / email please.

Thanks!

Lloyd

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Pooman2084:

Hey dude,
I paid a few weeks back but didn't get an email?
You must be swamped with orders, but when you get a sec, I'd appreciate a PM / email please.
Thanks!
Lloyd

I remember your order, just had to search for 'poo'. It's say December 9th, but you should get it earlier.

#133 10 years ago

I got mine last week, got 'em on my LE & they're great! I was worried about them breaking...but the ball never seems to even get close as it shoots out of the snake. Haven't had any airballs flying that way. Fingers crossed they'll last a while!

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

That's easy, I can send another set, may have cut those a bit wide. I made them to snap in because the head is really not meant to be taken off. The other option is to send you one that slips over the post but it requires the head to be removed. The head is held on with a knurled nut that is glued into the top of the head.

Lets wait how it continues. Removing snakehead is no issue as I have already done so when installing led in snake eyes. When it snaps out again I have one backup so see how that backup holds.

Installed also one on another Met, so more testing

#135 10 years ago

Is this a vampire snake mod?

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Dec 6th for me...looking forward to trying them out.

Got mine a week earlier, and installed today. Played about 10 games so far, and no issues at all. Thanks for the work, Tim!

#137 10 years ago

I combined Iamdarras' snake head with red LEDs and Tmezel's snake fangs and I'm pretty happy with the results

I ended up removing 3 screws (top of head, back of head, and inside the roof of the mouth).
But, I only replaced the one on the top and it keeps the head firmly attached.
Tmezel's fangs are designed to hook on the spacer that is inside the roof of the mouth. Since I didn't put that back in place, I just ended up hot gluing the fangs to the inside of Iamdarras' snake head.
BE CAREFUL. The hot glue will melt the fang material. So you have to go slow and let it cool then go again.

I think it came out good. And my snake no longer has one tooth smile!!

Best of all I was able to keep my stock snake intact and can easily get back to factory if I decide to.
20131201_150455.jpg20131201_150455.jpg

1 week later
#138 10 years ago

Hi. I ordered quite a while ago and still havent seen my two sets. Are you able to check on my order? I know you are probably flat out but it would be great if you can. My fellow Aussies have already got theirs. Thanks.

Dave

#139 10 years ago

Mrs_mezelmods is sending a communication on the remaining orders that we have moved to a second source supplier and will ship on the December 18th or December 23rd.

She is doing a great job kicking my butt and by end of year, shipments will be much, much quicker.

#140 10 years ago

UPDATE: We've had some production issues and delays from our supplier. All current Fang orders will be fulfilled beginning December 18th. Orders with fangs plus another item are being held until fangs arrive.

This has been one of our biggest growing pains-- besides the one of getting Tim out of the way so I can get this operation rolling. I guess there is a reason he is in engineering and not in manufacturing

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

UPDATE: We've had some production issues and delays from our supplier. All current Fang orders will be fulfilled beginning December 18th. Orders with fangs plus another item are being held until fangs arrive.
This has been one of our biggest growing pains-- besides the one of getting Tim out of the way so I can get this operation rolling. I guess there is a reason he is in engineering and not in manufacturing

Go Bears!

#142 10 years ago

Thank you for the update....waiting patiently.

#143 10 years ago

Guys.....

Give Tim a chance.... I have the new product as i ran multiple test on my game. Close to 250 games in and there hasnt been any sort of a problem, and Tim is top notch on customer service. This product IS worth the wait !!!

#144 10 years ago

Fitted mine in under 2 minutes and they look great! Ball doesn't seem to go near them.

#145 10 years ago

Thanks for the update, Anxious to get mine as well. Hopefully by Xmas

#146 10 years ago

Put my Snake Fangs in combined with the LED Snake head from IAMDARRAS, and it looks fantastic. Thanks a lot Tim. Now the game loks like it should of from the factory.

#147 10 years ago

Large batch of fangs are on their way for assembly and delivery this week!

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Large batch of fangs are on their way for assembly and delivery this week!

Cool! Are these just for those who have already ordered, or are you taking new orders now?

BTW, I installed mine this weekend, and they look great!

#149 10 years ago

Great product. Installed a week ago. Looks great with no problems of breaking. Thanks!

#150 10 years ago

I installed these a couple days back, they look great and no signs of breaks. Thanks for all the work Tmezel!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-mod-snake-fangs-mezelmods/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.