MET.jpg
image.jpg
10151824_10152003372343342_797761285_n[1].jpg
danawrong.jpg
photo 1.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1936.JPG
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 10 years ago

I would like it if fade to black faded on the pro like the le.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

The pro doesnt have the the GI control the LE has.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

My dream theme pin just got better. I love this hobby

Yup!!

#104 10 years ago

Played it for a half an hour. Wife sucks. The end.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

It was pass your bedtime ?

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I would imagine it must be unless any other games are at software rev. 1.5 currently

my NBA was... 8.02

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Get an LE or a Premium.

#108 10 years ago

Awesome update. Just got to play a bunch of games after work. I was expecting to hear some horrible sound from the mystery scoop. Nope. Very cool. Like a power surge or something.

Set Sparky MB to always play RTL and already don't miss CD.

Fun stuff.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Awesome update. Just got to play a bunch of games after work. I was expecting to hear some horrible sound from the mystery scoop. Nope. Very cool. Like a power surge or something.
Set Sparky MB to always play RTL and already don't miss CD.
Fun stuff.

I set Sparky to RTL and I totally miss CD...thanks Lyman for giving us sweet options. Maybe it's just cuz I'm used to it...but I really like the energy of CD. It seems to work with the starting animation better, too. I'll prob put it to the CD 1st MB, RTL 2nd MB option.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I set Sparky to RTL and I totally miss CD...thanks Lyman for giving us sweet options. Maybe it's just cuz I'm used to it...but I really like the energy of CD. It seems to work with the starting animation better, too. I'll prob put it to the CD 1st MB, RTL 2nd MB option.

I think it's awesome people can still hear the wrong song if they want

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Get an LE or a Premium.

i don't like the washed out insert colors

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Same here. I thought I wanted RTL, but when I heard how the Sparky MB lacked punch with it, I changed it back to the default, CD 1st, RTL 2nd. We'll see if RTL grows on me over time.

#113 10 years ago

Where's sparky at with a look at the code? I wonder if anything interesting has changed behind the scenes.

There's a band mode champion adjustment that I think may be new.

I'm hoping it's not just one new mode. The concepts for the dots looked cool!

#114 10 years ago

I swear I heard it say "Lars is lit".

#115 10 years ago

Is there not a ball save for S&D? Maybe it's turned off in the settings and I didn't see it...

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Is there not a ball save for S&D? Maybe it's turned off in the settings and I didn't see it...

No, there's not.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're overthinking it. Try to start Multiballs & Seek & Destroy...CIU requirements kinda take care of themselves.
Sorry you're bored....you seem to be the only one not happy with these updates. Maybe think about selling your game, someone else will enjoy it.

Game is staying put. I am very bored as far as replay or wanting to hit the start button and play another game after a 300 million score. I like Metallica a lot, but I see so much more potential in this game to go from really liking to absolutely loving.

Right now, Metallica is in my top 10. There is absolutely no reason why it cannot be #1. This game has the layout and shots to be the greatest game ever made (my opinion). What is lacking is what I call the Tron or Iron Man feel where modes are easily obtainable on one level and downright hard on another.

More single ball modes are needed! This will break up the countless multiballs and provide a better playing experience. My hope is these modes can help make CIU easier to obtain.

#118 10 years ago

All I can say is I am so glad no one bought my Metallica while I was trying to sell it for a loss!

Keeps getting better and cant stop playing it

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

i don't like the washed out insert colors

Fluh? There are no washed out insert colors. Inserts are inserts.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

You have a great wife if you played pinball for half an hour and then she sucks, seems a perfect end to me

#121 10 years ago

Updated my LE, cleaned up the playfield and added 4 chiny new balls. Ive been out of town since before 1.50 was dropped, so now time to see what all the fuss is about!

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The color controlled inserts are not really that vivid. Compare it to the ones in ST and you can see what I mean. I'm not sure about the others on the LE but I when I was playing a friends the cold white seems washed out. I was under the impression that the LEDs on boards on the LE can't be swapped that easily. Any way I've been doing extra lighting with the pro. Like adding flashers where the rgb LEDs are on the LE. So far I'm really happy, just though it would be cool if the GI could fade in fade to black.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Updated my LE, cleaned up the playfield and added 4 chiny new balls. Ive been out of town since before 1.50 was dropped, so now time to see what all the fuss is about!

Hope you have a few days off work.

Where I can buy these chiny balls they sound awesome!

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

The color controlled inserts are not really that vivid. Compare it to the ones in ST and you can see what I mean. I'm not sure about the others on the LE but I when I was playing a friends the cold white seems washed out. I was under the impression that the LEDs on boards on the LE can't be swapped that easily. Any way I've been doing extra lighting with the pro. Like adding flashers where the rgb LEDs are on the LE. So far I'm really happy, just though it would be cool if the GI could fade in fade to black.

Have you played the update? The spider inserts are never even white anymore.

Yellow for Super Skill
Blue for "chosen shot"
Red for combo
Light red for Lady Justice
Orange for post-CIU shots
Pink/Purple for 2x
I've seen purple and I think green in there, too.

If this is your only "turn off" for the Prem/LE - I guarantee this is better than "only red" spider inserts on the Pro...and you get a fading Fade to Black.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hope you have a few days off work.
Where I can buy these chiny balls they sound awesome!

I do, as I am currently unemployed lol!

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yellow for Super Skill
Blue for "chosen shot"
Red for combo
Pink/Purple for 2x

for an extra $1800 that's a spicy meatball! I'm happy with my pro.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

for an extra $1800 that's a spicy meatball! I'm happy with my pro.

If you're happy, I'm happy. It's not about the $-to-stuff ratio...it's about the overall experience - and the full featured versions deliver!

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you're happy, I'm happy. It's not about the $-to-stuff ratio...it's about the overall experience - and the full featured versions deliver!

I agree. Wish I had the color changers and the moving cross, but the hammer I don't mind missing out on.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

- agreed. Prior to the update I actually preferred the PRO.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Where's sparky at with a look at the code? I wonder if anything interesting has changed behind the scenes.
There's a band mode champion adjustment that I think may be new.
I'm hoping it's not just one new mode. The concepts for the dots looked cool!

I hope to look at it tonight.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that RTL starts in the middle of the song during Sparky mb. I had it swapped before this update, and it sounded great with the beginning of the song! I have an idea to fix it, though

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Have you played the update? The spider inserts are never even white anymore.
Yellow for Super Skill
Blue for "chosen shot"
Red for combo
Pink/Purple for 2x
If this is your only "turn off" for the Prem/LE - I guarantee this is better than "only red" spider inserts on the Pro...and you get a fading Fade to Black.

I have played it a grip and don't agree. I like the red Spiders.. They catch my eye a lot better. I'm just not feeling the LE.
I like my pro, I thought after playing the update on the le I would want one, but I don't.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Is it me or is this game shaping up to be one of the best pinballs of all time? Seriously...

I need to play it more before deciding!

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I have played it a grip and don't agree. I like the red Spiders.. They catch my eye a lot better. I'm just not feeling the LE.
I like my pro, I thought after playing the update on the le I would want one, but I don't.

Well, thank goodness for options. These types of varied opinions on the different versions seem to justify the existence of the multi-tier approach. Some keep saying "there should be one full featured version" ...clearly having having a choice has turned out to be the better approach! You wouldn't want the LE. I wouldn't want the Pro. Yet- we can both enjoy a Metallica machine! Huzzah!

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have moved from pro to premium after the update. Sold my pro off.

The premium has very lightly lit sparky inserts. The little LEDs stern uses just aren't bright enough to properly light the whole sparky insert. The left ramp sparky is the worst being right next to the two white GI in the grave plastics. It's actually difficult for me to tell if I have lit the insert sometimes. This is because it's on a 3 led board and raised off the playfield. I put a cone inside the insert which helped it a lot. But on the pro, putting in our own led was way brighter. The color changing arrows are nice. And I didn't even realize I earned victory laps on completing CIU on the pro until I saw them turning yellow on the premium. Obviously, the LE light show sum effects vs the pro with LEDs is a net gain. But there are a few short comings that could make it perfect.

Anyways, I'm looking into a solution for the sparky inserts. All the boards can be replaced but the 3 led boards have logic that run other boards. It'll be a tough task.

#135 10 years ago

It's the snake that is the biggest difference. Seems simple but most interactive. The light show and it's value has definitely increased with the new update. Insert colors are not as comprehensive as ST or AC DC but I would swear the GI effects shine better on Met than either game. Value is what it is to each person. Metallica would not be the same game without the full experience IMO.

Who put the turbo charger in the mystery scoop. Would make for a good sound when you hit the NOS targets on Mustang. The snake alert addition is awesome. I'm in the RTL is weird for sparky even though it is the correct song camp, will ride it out. Had my best game ever at 98 million. 1 CIU, SnD, not epic by any means but my bang to buck value has definitely increased.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, thank goodness for options. These types of varied opinions on the different versions seem to justify the existence of the multi-tier approach. Some keep saying "there should be one full featured version" ...clearly having having a choice has turned out to be the better approach! You wouldn't want the LE. I wouldn't want the Pro. Yet- we can both enjoy a Metallica machine! Huzzah!

i agree with your statement for the most part, choice is good, but you don't hear many people complaining there was no pro version of sm or tspp available.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i agree with your statement for the most part, choice is good, but you don't hear many people complaining there was no pro version of sm or tspp available.

If there were two versions they'd find a way...lol.

"The 3 bank on the Spidey LE blocks my view of Sandman!"

"The TSPP LE garage door and upper playfield slow the game down! The Pro has so much more flow!"

#138 10 years ago

Well I just got my first couple of CIU's and holy ish, this game is just completely insane lol. I cant wait to play it tonight with the house lights off and a beer within reach! Its my first pin so of course Im biased, but if other pins are better than this, I need to find em, cause wow!!! Sub + Shaker + LE + theme that I totally love = just crazy fun!

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I agree. Wish I had the color changers and the moving cross, but the hammer I don't mind missing out on.

Me too. If i would have to pick, i would pick the pro. Hammer a real gamebreaker for me.

#140 10 years ago

Thanks Stern!! Love my METLE!!!!

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Me too. If i would have to pick, i would pick the pro. Hammer a real gamebreaker for me.

I love the hammer ,I really don't understand why some people
Don't like it...so many things on the pro that's missing In the game
Snake cross hammer changing color light spinner....

I love the hammer coming down on playing smashing balls into the play field
Coffin with the cool Bang!!!i just don't get it that I can't help myself
Thinking its jealousy!!!

#142 10 years ago

Love the interactive Snake when locking each ball now, it is a nice touch.
When the ball is ejected from the Mystery hole, that is cool too.

Everything in the Premium/LE is fantastic except for the The Hammer, that is very frustrating, I find it so hard to lock the ball, takes on average 4-5 shots for it to be at the right speed or angle for it to grab it. I have tried to adjust the setting that was #80 with not much change. I think if the power of it was stronger it would help grab it (I have the new board in too)

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

Love the interactive Snake when locking each ball now, it is a nice touch.
When the ball is ejected from the Mystery hole, that is cool too.
Everything in the Premium/LE is fantastic except for the The Hammer, that is very frustrating, I find it so hard to lock the ball, takes on average 4-5 shots for it to be at the right speed or angle for it to grab it. I have tried to adjust the setting that was #80 with not much change. I think if the power of it was stronger it would help grab it (I have the new board in too)

There are probably some more software solutions that we should see in updates...but the ultimate solution IMO will be a redesigned captive block. There needs to be more space between the block and the magnet. Shave half an inch off that block, I bet it'll sense/catch on the rebound every single time. Where are the metal geniuses on this one?

#144 10 years ago

RH, you've written before about increasing the distance between the lock magnet and the newton cube. I always wonder why. To me it seems like if the magnet was up against the newton block, a hard quick hit to the captive ball switch would instantly turn on the magnet and it would be an easy catch. Is there a potential for the newton block hardware being too close to the magnet getting magnetized?

Another idea would be to cut some sort of parabolic shape into the front face of the newton block that would redirect off center hits more towards the lock magnet?

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

RH, you've written before about increasing the distance between the lock magnet and the newton cube. I always wonder why. To me it seems like if the magnet was up against the newton block, a hard quick hit to the captive ball switch would instantly turn on the magnet and it would be an easy catch

It's the instant part, I don't think the magnet can switch on quite that fast. The space would be to give the board time to switch it on.

#146 10 years ago

Has anyone else reduced the sling power to lowest setting? Has anyone noticed much difference from the Default Sling Power Setting? I don't see much difference at all.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Has anyone else reduced the sling power to lowest setting? Has anyone noticed much difference from the Default Sling Power Setting? I don't see much difference at all.

Its massive difference. I find around 20 and the slings are calm. Maybe power cycle after the changes setting.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

RH, you've written before about increasing the distance between the lock magnet and the newton cube. I always wonder why. To me it seems like if the magnet was up against the newton block, a hard quick hit to the captive ball switch would instantly turn on the magnet and it would be an easy catch. Is there a potential for the newton block hardware being too close to the magnet getting magnetized?
Another idea would be to cut some sort of parabolic shape into the front face of the newton block that would redirect off center hits more towards the lock magnet?

I'm basing it on the fact that fast ricochets don't sense...but it senses perfectly bouncing off the snake lip, which is just a hair further from the magnet than the block is. Even hitting the block at a slightly off angle from the right flipper will catch pretty much every time. A quick roll back from Sparky or the ramp will sense and catch perfectly. Something about that dead on shot to the center of the block - it just back-n-forths too quick to sense. That's why I truly think just a little more space there will do the trick.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Its massive difference. I find around 20 and the slings are calm. Maybe power cycle after the changes setting.

Yep, I think a power cycle is the key. Works really great!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm basing it on the fact that fast ricochets don't sense...but it senses perfectly bouncing off the snake lip, which is just a hair further from the magnet than the block is. Even hitting the block at a slightly off angle from the right flipper will catch pretty much every time. A quick roll back from Sparky or the ramp will sense and catch perfectly. Something about that dead on shot to the center of the block - it just back-n-forths too quick to sense. That's why I truly think just a little more space there will do the trick.

Does a piece of cloth side of say sticky back Velcro slow the ball down at all and still let the captive ball absorb enough energy for switch hits? Anyone tried putting anything on the block to dampen the impact? I guess metal on metal is already pretty dampened but it may be worth an experiment.

Im having a harder time with snake bounce outs than ball locks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-151/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.