MET.jpg
image.jpg
10151824_10152003372343342_797761285_n[1].jpg
danawrong.jpg
photo 1.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1936.JPG
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Does a piece of cloth side of say sticky back Velcro slow the ball down at all and still let the captive ball absorb enough energy for switch hits? Anyone tried putting anything on the block to dampen the impact? I guess metal on metal is already pretty dampened but it may be worth an experiment.
Im having a harder time with snake bounce outs than ball locks.

I tried some foam...too much it doesn't give you good hits. Too little it doesn't make any difference.

As for the snake...do a search for my snake fix...it's probably in the "Where's the code" thread. I just put a few washers under the PF to "lower" the snake lip a few millimeters...glides in there silky smooth now.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The left ramp sparky is the worst being right next to the two white GI in the grave plastics. It's actually difficult for me to tell if I have lit the insert sometimes. This is because it's on a 3 led board and raised off the playfield.

I noticed the same thing, and it bugs me. Is there any reason we can't use shorter standoffs & screws to get that board closer to the playfield? Like the board under the F-U-E-L inserts. I don't have any short standoffs lying around, or I would have tried it already.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I tried some foam...too much it doesn't give you good hits. Too little it doesn't make any difference.
As for the snake...do a search for my snake fix...it's probably in the "Where's the code" thread. I just put a few washers under the PF to "lower" the snake lip a few millimeters...glides in there silky smooth now.

Where did you put these? I am not following the mechanics. Wouldn't that make the snake assembly sit higher?

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Does a piece of cloth side of say sticky back Velcro slow the ball down at all and still let the captive ball absorb enough energy for switch hits? Anyone tried putting anything on the block to dampen the impact? I guess metal on metal is already pretty dampened but it may be worth an experimen

Yes, people have had success deadening the top of the block. You can't over deaden or it won't register a hit though.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's the instant part, I don't think the magnet can switch on quite that fast.

The optos on the magnets on the TZ orbits are literally straight in line with the magnets and those have no trouble switching on instantly and catching very fast moving shots.

I don't know if the magnet even comes on from a newton block hit.

Does the magnet board on MET have an LED on it that indicates that the magnet is in sense mode or hold mode? It would be interesting to be able to see what the logic is telling the magnet to do while playing a real game.

#156 10 years ago

I'm working on a couple ideas for captive blocks ranging from simple to complicated. Should have some test parts in a couple weeks if all goes well.

My concern is that increasing the liklihood of locks will inevitably reduce the liklihood of wild deflections off the captive block. I know people (myself included) like some of the block to snake/sparky/leftramp/cross deflections that can happen.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I don't know if the magnet even comes on from a newton block hit.

It doesn't

The magnet itself is pulsed in detection mode and there is a feedback circuit on the magnet board to detect the ball's presence over the magnet. The issue is it doesn't pick up fast moving balls well. It will actually detect (in test mode) items of silverware and other magnetic items better than balls I find.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Where did you put these? I am not following the mechanics. Wouldn't that make the snake assembly sit higher?

Between the bottom of the playfield and the assembly that the jaw is attached to...hence, making the jaw move lower.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Yep, I think a power cycle is the key. Works really great!

Thanks . Will try the power down/power up cycle.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I noticed the same thing, and it bugs me. Is there any reason we can't use shorter standoffs & screws to get that board closer to the playfield? Like the board under the F-U-E-L inserts. I don't have any short standoffs lying around, or I would have tried it already.

Yea. The insert isn't centered. So if you do that it'll light up only part of the insert. But it might be better anyway.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Between the bottom of the playfield and the assembly that the jaw is attached to...hence, making the jaw move lower.

I had the same problem, I just put a couple of washers underneath as shown in picimage.jpgimage.jpg

#162 10 years ago

I got to End Of The Line!!
I might be mistaken on some of this, it was a long game and whiskey was involved.
End Of The Line is basically the 5th CIU and a two ball mutliball to start. It ends when you loose both balls or complete all the main shots. I had one to go and ran out of time. ;(
I could be wrong here but it was playing a song I have never heard before.....
The longest game EVER!!!!!

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
#163 10 years ago

Oh shit!

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

.I could be wrong here but it was playing a song I have never heard before.....

Yes it's playing the song "The end of the line" it's in the jukebox if you want to hear it in full.

#165 10 years ago

When I was running 1.22, I swapped CD with RTL, and when Sparky mb started, RTL started from the beginning of the song, and it sounded great! I love that RTL is included and the options given for Sparky mb in 1.51, but now RTL starts a few minutes into the song and is mostly a guitar solo. Not thrilled about that....so, here are the changes I made:

Swapped CD with RTL
RTL > Four Horsemen
Unforgiven > Shortest Straw
One > ...And Justice For All
Sad But True > Am I Evil?

- I chose to play only RTL on mb setting, and now it starts from the beginning because it's in the CD request slot.
- Shortest Straw plays for 10 secs after match instead of Unforgiven.
- During Lady Justice mode, ...AJFA comes in during a guitar solo instead of One.
- Am I Evil? plays during Snake mb instead of SBT

If the next update ties songs or album titles to the member modes, then I may need to rethink.

BTW, some of the songs I added were a little too long, and I had to fade out. Sucks, but oh well.

#166 10 years ago

Its a nice size update. THANK YOU.

Really there are alot of call outs by Lyman in Met. Anyone else notice this. Like he did in MB.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I had the same problem, I just put a couple of washers underneath as shown in pic

image.jpg 170 KB

I also put the washers, but have noticed the jaw acting strange since then, I mean, sometimes it opens when is not supposed to do so, sometimes just before having closed. Maybe I screwed something? or is there something I have to adjust?

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Its a nice size update. THANK YOU.
Really there are alot of call outs by Lyman in Met. Anyone else notice this. Like he did in MB.

Lyman doesn't do any of the call outs. It's the band & Brendon Small as Sparky & Snake.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lyman doesn't do any of the call outs. It's the band & Brendon Small as Sparky & Snake.

Yeah. Could be the Kirk ones that get confused for Lyman. Both so laid back.

#170 10 years ago

I wish there was like 5x more Brendon Small in this game, since we're never going to get a Dethklok pin.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wish there was like 5x more Brendon Small in this game, since we're never going to get a Dethklok pin.

Gotta disagree. I like having the band callouts, as opposed to a paid voice actor, even if some of them are lame.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Gotta disagree. I like having the band callouts, as opposed to a paid voice actor, even if some of them are lame.

Sparky & Snake are prominent characters....why wouldn't you want more of it? I'd love to hear those two taunt you as you pick your songs to start...give you a reason to want to beat the shit out of them.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sparky & Snake are prominent characters....why wouldn't you want more of it? I'd love to hear those two taunt you as you pick your songs to start...give you a reason to want to beat the shit out of them.

Ok yea in those instances yes. I thought Aurich meant replacing the band callouts with a voice actor.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Would love the menu option: "Set insult mode to Dr. Rockso"

#175 10 years ago

"Oh you drained? Maybe you should try some cocaine!"

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok yea in those instances yes. I thought Aurich meant replacing the band callouts with a voice actor.

I'd like to see the band comments that relate to the snake and Sparky replaced, not the others. Like, if you get the ball up to Sparky instead of the "ELECTRIC CHAIR" callout it would be Sparky talking shit. "NNNGGNGNRRR, try that again you bastard!" Same with the look at the fangs on that snake comment, which is ripe for replacing anyways since they had to defang the snake (yes you can mod it). Better to have the snake hissing some smack at you. Make the toys feel more like they're alive and responsive.

And yes, the taunting like Rarehero suggested. Still be a ton of band callouts, not trying to kill them off, just make the toys more interactive with more personality.

#177 10 years ago

Yeah, I wish the snake would talk a bit more crap - I also wish there was a mini hurry up on the snake : when he talks crap and you slam the ball into his mouth while he talks, he gags then you get some points for ramming it down his throat.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

I also put the washers, but have noticed the jaw acting strange since then, I mean, sometimes it opens when is not supposed to do so, sometimes just before having closed. Maybe I screwed something? or is there something I have to adjust?

I am not sure on this, you may have to check all the connectors are plugged in properly? Mine plays like a Pro model now and just goes straight in

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Yeah, I wish the snake would talk a bit more crap - I also wish there was a mini hurry up on the snake : when he talks crap and you slam the ball into his mouth while he talks, he gags then you get some points for ramming it down his throat.

I like this idea....but make it an "Easter egg" that gives you a mini bonus. When you hear him talking smack.......get the ball down his gullet real quick b4 he finishes his line.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

I put washers underneath and it helped with the jaw level. I am noticing the snake is now shooting the ball out all crazy. Sometimes way to the left, even down the outlane. It did not do this before the software upgrade. I don't know if it is something with the software or over time something has now become misadjusted.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I put washers underneath and it helped with the jaw level. I am noticing the snake is now shooting the ball out all crazy. Sometimes way to the left, even down the outlane. It did not do this before the software upgrade. I don't know if it is something with the software or over time something has now become misadjusted.

That's purely physical. Snake should always spit the ball toward the left flipper.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I am noticing the snake is now shooting the ball out all crazy. Sometimes way to the left, even down the outlane.

The ball could be hitting the left standup target on the right ramp. It will sometimes fling the ball out the left outlane when it does this. Bending it back fixed this for me.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Would be great !

#184 10 years ago

I disagree. Some of those callouts are Lyman. Yes most are band and Small.

#185 10 years ago

I have a question about the different scoring displays. There is the normal display that has always been on the DMD, but now it sometimes changes to another font and is surrounded by what appears to be snake skin or something. The score seems to match up between the different fonts, any idea what that is??

#186 10 years ago

Just played 1.51 and wow! Very nice!

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I disagree. Some of those callouts are Lyman. Yes most are band and Small.

Wrong.

#189 10 years ago

Never heard any Lyman in Metallica. I do agree that Kirk, "maybe" sounds a tiny bit like Lyman sometimes.

Why don't you give us an example of a line you believe is Lyman, Av8. Easier to verify or not with an example

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I like this idea....but make it an "Easter egg" that gives you a mini bonus. When you hear him talking smack.......get the ball down his gullet real quick b4 he finishes his line.

Exactly, yeah! I should have mentioned that is what I meant. Just a neat easter egg to hide in there, kinda like "thank you mr. data" on sttng.

#191 10 years ago

Anyone? I have a question about the different scoring displays. There is the normal display that has always been on the DMD, but now it sometimes changes to another font and is surrounded by what appears to be sand bags and barbed wire fence. The score seems to match up between the different fonts, any idea what that is??

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Anyone? I have a question about the different scoring displays. There is the normal display that has always been on the DMD, but now it sometimes changes to another font and is surrounded by what appears to be sand bags and barbed wire fence. The score seems to match up between the different fonts, any idea what that is??

This is from spinner hits, since the little dude on the spinner is a soldier.

#193 10 years ago

Thanks Zucot!

#194 10 years ago

Lyman yells "Super Jackpot" sometimes when a Gravemarker superjackpot is achieved.

Quoted from karl:

Never heard any Lyman in Metallica. I do agree that Kirk, "maybe" sounds a tiny bit like Lyman sometimes.
Why don't you give us an example of a line you believe is Lyman, Av8. Easier to verify or not with an example

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Lyman yells "Super Jackpot" sometimes when a Gravemarker superjackpot is achieved.

Pretty sure that's Robert.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

This is from spinner hits, since the little dude on the spinner is a soldier.

Anyone know what that helps do
Cos at the mo,I cant really see that much use for spinners,tho I aint got that many hours on the new 1.5/1.51 code

poibug

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Anyone know what that helps do
Cos at the mo,I cant really see that much use for spinners,tho I aint got that many hours on the new 1.5/1.51 code
poibug

They don't do much right now. But there is a crank it up mode that is helped by switch hits I believe.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pretty sure that's Robert.

Yep, that's Robert. I love Kirk's super jackpot callout, cracks me up.

#199 10 years ago

I'm not sure if this is happening to others, but 90% of the time that I shoot a shot with a lit blue insert, nothing special happens. The game plays on, but I cannot discern any kind of value or event that occurs because I hit that "lit" shot. Am I missing something here?

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

I'm not sure if this is happening to others, but 90% of the time that I shoot a shot with a lit blue insert, nothing special happens. The game plays on, but I cannot discern any kind of value or event that occurs because I hit that "lit" shot. Am I missing something here?

Ya. You're missing a ton. So was I

Here is the general dumbed down rules for seek and destroy:

Shoot a lane. That selects the lane and a blue arrow lights showing the lane is selected.
Then, on the selected lane: shoot sparky, snake, cross to light those three inserts on the selected lane. Now the lane is flashing. Shoot the lane again to get a hurry up on the coffin. Shoot the coffin to compete the lane and lock it. Lock all the lanes to begin seek and destroy. If a lane is selected (blue) and you shoot another non complete lane, the selection arrow moves to that lane instead. Locked lanes stay lit after ball drain. Otherwise, you lose your partial progress on ball drains. Seek and destroy resets the lanes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 25.50
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 149.00
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-151/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.