MET.jpg
image.jpg
10151824_10152003372343342_797761285_n[1].jpg
danawrong.jpg
photo 1.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1936.JPG
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 10 years ago

Hmmmm, interesting. I gotta tell ya, I struggle badly to make any points on the machine now that 1.51 is installed. I know it's me not running the new code right, but I've searched high and low through a bunch of these threads and didn't find what you just very clearly laid out for me. Thanks very much! I also struggle to get CIU lit, but I assume that's just hitting the cross, Sparky, snake and chair X amount of times?

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

Hmmmm, interesting. I gotta tell ya, I struggle badly to make any points on the machine now that 1.51 is installed. I know it's me not running the new code right, but I've searched high and low through a bunch of these threads and didn't find what you just very clearly laid out for me. Thanks very much! I also struggle to get CIU lit, but I assume that's just hitting the cross, Sparky, snake and chair X amount of times?

My points strategy is to get multiball (usually the graveyard) first and in addition to going for graveyard jackpots I wail away on snake and coffin... Snake mainly cause he is harder to get outside of multiball. Usually 1 multiball and I can get at least 2 or 3 of the CIU requirements. I try to save sparky multiball for the 2nd CIU and do the same thing. Coffin for the 3rd.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ya. You're missing a ton. So was I
Here is the general dumbed down rules for seek and destroy:
Shoot a lane. That selects the lane and a blue arrow lights showing the lane is selected.
Then, on the selected lane: shoot sparky, snake, cross to light those three inserts on the selected lane. Now the lane is flashing. Shoot the lane again to get a hurry up on the coffin. Shoot the coffin to compete the lane and lock it. Lock all the lanes to begin seek and destroy. If a lane is selected (blue) and you shoot another non complete lane, the selection arrow moves to that lane instead. Locked lanes stay lit after ball drain. Otherwise, you lose your partial progress on ball drains. Seek and destroy resets the lanes.

I could be wrong, but I thought once you lock a lane that is complete, hitting it again awards snake, chair, and grave markers toward the ciu count.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I could be wrong, but I thought once you lock a lane that is complete, hitting it again awards snake, chair, and grave markers toward the ciu count.

Yes that is what I think too as I have hit a locked lane and been awarded an insert.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I thought just hitting sparky, grave, snake, and coffin awarded the crank it up counts without anything to do with seek and destroy progression. If it's tied to the s&d progression , then how do you get coffin? I did some tests and it seemed unrelated.

#206 10 years ago

would make sense if it was like this...once that lane is light and cleared and done for the snd there is one of the insert like the cross insert flashes on hat lane, so if you make it it awards progression to ciu.

Is that what Sparky is saying ?

#207 10 years ago

C'ant wai for Band members modes,the dmd animation will be so cool with the bans has Monsters !!!
Lyman is doing a fantastik job. This his MY kind of game.

10151824_10152003372343342_797761285_n[1].jpg10151824_10152003372343342_797761285_n[1].jpg

#208 10 years ago

duplicate post on accident

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I have moved from pro to premium after the update. Sold my pro off.

Overall are you happier with the premium over the pro? I am a huge fan of the captive ball and that is the main reason for me not upgrading at this point.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Overall are you happier with the premium over the pro? I am a huge fan of the captive ball and that is the main reason for me not upgrading at this point.

A little but happier. But the pro was a great game once it was led properly. I miss some of the insert visibility I think the premium lacks especially with the sparky inserts. And coffin mb definitely is harder to start. I am loving the hammer and the color changed arrows. I like the snake jaw. It probably wasn't worth the $1300 more I paid up upgrade. If I were buying nib I think I'd still go pro this round.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

would make sense if it was like this...once that lane is light and cleared and done for the snd there is one of the insert like the cross insert flashes on hat lane, so if you make it it awards progression to ciu.
Is that what Sparky is saying ?

Once a snake, chair, or grave marker insert is lit on a lane, any hit to that lane counts as a snake, grave marker, and/or chair hit toward CIU. It's like a 3-for-1 shot if all three are lit. You don't even have to hit the actual snake, chair, or grave marker after a lane is complete to light those three inserts between the flippers for CIU. The hammer/coffin, on the other hand, has to be hit for CIU. I think default is 15 on all four. So coffin actually has to be hit 15 times, but technically, snake, chair, and cross only have to be hit once. The insert lanes can be hit instead.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Once a snake, chair, or grave marker insert is lit on a lane, any hit to that lane counts as a snake, grave marker, and/or chair hit toward CIU. It's like a 3-for-1 shot if all three are lit. You don't even have to hit the actual snake, chair, or grave marker after a lane is complete to light those three inserts between the flippers for CIU. The hammer/coffin, on the other hand, has to be hit for CIU. I think default is 15 on all four. So coffin actually has to be hit 15 times, but technically, snake, chair, and cross only have to be hit once. The insert lanes can be hit instead.

Clarification: A lane doesn't have to be complete (after hurry-up at coffin) for credit toward CIU. If a lane only has a snake insert lit, you can keep hitting that lane instead of the snake to countdown your snake count for CIU.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Clarification: A lane doesn't have to be complete (after hurry-up at coffin) for credit toward CIU. If a lane only has a snake insert lit, you can keep hitting that lane instead of the snake to countdown your snake count for CIU.

Yup,i concenrated on this today playing...god dawm i am in love with that game,it's really getting there,like
i said in another topic Thanks to Mr Lyman,keep it up it's getting there!

#214 10 years ago

Finally had one of those epic games on it. Started and cashed out all 4 crank it up modes. Seek and destroy twice. Countless multiballs.

I thought playing all 4 crank it up modes started end of the line, but I guess not. Anyone else start it yet? I'm not one to pull the glass to find out everything about a game. I like experiencing it all for myself while playing.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Finally had one of those epic games on it. Started and cashed out all 4 crank it up modes. Seek and destroy twice. Countless multiballs.
I thought playing all 4 crank it up modes started end of the line, but I guess not. Anyone else start it yet? I'm not one to pull the glass to find out everything about a game. I like experiencing it all for myself while playing.

image.jpg 194 KB

Nice score.

#216 10 years ago

image.jpg 194 KB

End of the Line is essentially the 5th CIU.. I did it

#217 10 years ago

image.jpg 194 KB

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-end-of-the-line-post-here

#218 10 years ago

Anyone figured out how scoring works once you get into CIU? Seems like sometimes the shots start out at lower values (500,000-ish), but sometimes they start out at 2M+.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Anyone figured out how scoring works once you get into CIU? Seems like sometimes the shots start out at lower values (500,000-ish), but sometimes they start out at 2M+.

Each mode is different. Battery is lower scoring as its easiest to hit sparky for jackpots. Other shots increase the value of the JP. Other modes are much higher (I think Enter Sandman is 2M per shot but not all shots are lit).

#220 10 years ago

I find it hard to resist the temptation of choosing FTB every time I start my first CIU. The mode is just too cool with the fading lights. The drawback is that I'm not very familiar with the other CIU modes yet.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I find it hard to resist the temptation of choosing FTB every time I start my first CIU. The mode is just too cool with the fading lights. The drawback is that I'm not very familiar with the other CIU modes yet.

Same here. Not only is the light show awesome, but it's easy to rack up huge FTB points on the LE with safe shots to spinners & pop bumpers. I'd probably always choose FTB in competitive play.

#222 10 years ago

Hint on Enter Sandman mode: pay attention to >>how many<< of each insert is flashing on a shot. Your score will be duly rewarded.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Same here. Not only is the light show awesome, but it's easy to rack up huge FTB points on the LE with safe shots to spinners & pop bumpers. I'd probably always choose FTB in competitive play.

Interesting thing is that it will probably be the case that ball saver is OFF for CIU in tourney mode. Depending on where I was scorewise versus opponents, if I had 2x scoring going into CIU with a game with a questionable scoop kickout, I might just take the 2 x 5 MIL = 10 MIL which is not a trivial amount of points. Granted the mode can score WAY higher than 10 MIL, but sometimes a game's behavior will influence decisions.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Interesting thing is that it will probably be the case that ball saver is OFF for CIU in tourney mode. Depending on where I was scorewise versus opponents, if I had 2x scoring going into CIU with a game with a questionable scoop kickout, I might just take the 2 x 5 MIL = 10 MIL which is not a trivial amount of points. Granted the mode can score WAY higher than 10 MIL, but sometimes a game's behavior will influence decisions.

Interesting point. To me, the scoop should be tweaked so that it fires to the L flipper, but hard enough that a dead bounce will go too hard and bounce up into the R sling, putting the ball out of control. Thus, it requires a skillful drop-catch to control the kickout.

I'm curious as to where everyone's scoop typically kicks out (L flipper location -- middle, tip, etc; or sling)?

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Interesting point. To me, the scoop should be tweaked so that it fires to the L flipper, but hard enough that a dead bounce will go too hard and bounce up into the R sling, putting the ball out of control. Thus, it requires a skillful drop-catch to control the kickout.
I'm curious as to where everyone's scoop typically kicks out (L flipper location -- middle, tip, etc; or sling)?

This is exactly how mine behaves. I think this is not a good way to reward a scoop shot and plan to tweak it.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Some compilation of my thoughts and more from Snailman in the rules thread...

CIU mode goals (all CIU scoring can be doubled by 2X playfield AFAIK):

For whom the bell tolls:
All inserts unlight, cross inserts flash. Goal is to make each shot 3 times to light cross, snake, chair for jackpots.(Think Jericho). Each lit insert is ~2 mil
Once a lane is complete, points awarded are reduced by about ~75% on that shot
Light all inserts for completion bonus (25 mil I think?)

Fade to black:
All inserts light
Certain number of switch hits (10 or 15 i think depending on model) award jackpots (~2 mil)
I believe one shot will have all inserts flashing for a jackpot (~2 mil)- changes randomly after collecting.
Other shots are ~500k
Enough jackpots dim lighting down to 'black' for mode completion bonus. Spinners are huge opportunity on premium for switch hits and orbits

Battery:
Bash sparky a bunch (12?) of times. Starts at 750k per hit, other shots are ~500k
Sparky shots light chair inserts. Shooting chair inserts increases value of sparky by an unknown method/amount.
I believe it's the lowest scoring mode, but overall easiest to complete.

Enter Sandman (By far most difficult mode but most fun imo.)
All inserts unlight, three random inserts will flash. Shoot the lit insert to 'lock' it in for a jackpot (~2 mil per insert - multiple inserts on one shot lock multiple inserts and award multiple jackpots)
Every switch hit except slings (ie. a missed shot) will randomly cycle the lit inserts, changing what you are shooting for next.
Shooting on the fly and amassing an appreciable bonus is extremely difficult in the early shots
Light all inserts for completion bonus.

CIU jackpot:
Hit Sparky, Cross, Snake, Coffin to light the 4 main inserts again and light CIU jackpot in the scoop. Shoot scoop to choose to collect the jackpot or continue CIU mode. CIU jackpot is based on jackpots scored during the mode +the initial cash-out option (5 mil or whatever it is for that CIU start) and is affected by 2X playfield scoring. Note the score shown is NOT doubled until you choose to collect!

Mode completion Bonus:
The mode completion bonus is NOT added to the CIU jackpot by default (an adjustment can make this so).
As per snailman's comment, it IS affected by 2X playfield

1 week later
#227 10 years ago

Note to self, Robert's and Lyman's voices sound exactly the same. Did Robert do the call out's for Lyman's Lament ?

Quoted from zucot:

Pretty sure that's Robert.

Quoted from zucot:

SolarRide said:

Lyman yells "Super Jackpot" sometimes when a Gravemarker superjackpot is achieved.

Pretty sure that's Robert.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

+the initial cash-out option (5 mil or whatever it is for that CIU start)

Possible bug: at TPF, during a match where player 4 needed less than 5M to eclipse the next best score on ball 3, had CIU lit, shot CIU, and chose the 5M initial cash-out option.

But get this.... His score didn't go up by 5M. Scoop spit the ball out with no appreciable additional points awarded than what he had prior to shooting the scoop.

Anyone else see this or can test this?

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Possible bug: at TPF, during a match where player 4 needed less than 5M to eclipse the next best score on ball 3, had CIU lit, shot CIU, and chose the 5M initial cash-out option.
But get this.... His score didn't go up by 5M. Scoop spit the ball out with no appreciable additional points awarded than what he had prior to shooting the scoop.

I can try and test it tonight. I needed an excuse to compile my LED list anyways so I'll have the glass off. Just to be extra thorough, do you remember which player it would've passed? I can start a 4 player game and rig the scores.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can try and test it tonight. I needed an excuse to compile my LED list anyways so I'll have the glass off. Just to be extra thorough, do you remember which player it would've passed? I can start a 4 player game and rig the scores.

Sorry, I don't remember which player had the highest score at the time, but it was definitely player 4 that experienced this. And just for clarity, the CIU selection definitely recognized his selection, because the highlighted choice was on the 5M points, and flashed rapidly once he selected it. Scoop kicked out, no CIU mode started, and the blue light was now off.

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Sorry, I don't remember which player had the highest score at the time, but it was definitely player 4 that experienced this. And just for clarity, the CIU selection definitely recognized his selection, because the highlighted choice was on the 5M points, and flashed rapidly once he selected it. Scoop kicked out, no CIU mode started, and the blue light was now off.

Didn't get a chance to mess with it last night... not sure if I will tonight or not. Some ridiculous sh... going on that we're having to take care of, then I'm back to regular schedule at my second job on monday which means no free time at all except on wed/thurs/sat evening.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Never have chosen the 5 mil option. I'll check it out.

#233 10 years ago

Met pro snake issue that is sporadic...

I was playing early in the game and the snake wasnt recognizing/scoring when the ball went in. The ball would kick out, but not light the snake inserts. Repeated this over and over. Eventually on like the 5th snake hit the snake light went out and it lit the inserts as expected.

I took the glass off yesterday and ran through the switch test. No issues everything worked as expected. Started a game and manually hit snake etc and all worked. Lifted playfield and was surprised to see that there is only 1 switch for the snake... If the switch was faulty then it shouldnt kick the ball out or light inserts... So why would the switch recognize the ball and kick it back out, but not light insert...

Anyone else see this? Ill keep a look out and report if it happens again.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I was playing early in the game and the snake wasnt recognizing/scoring when the ball went in. The ball would kick out, but not light the snake inserts. Repeated this over and over. Eventually on like the 5th snake hit the snake light went out and it lit the inserts as expected.
I took the glass off yesterday and ran through the switch test. No issues everything worked as expected. Started a game and manually hit snake etc and all worked. Lifted playfield and was surprised to see that there is only 1 switch for the snake... If the switch was faulty then it shouldnt kick the ball out or light inserts... So why would the switch recognize the ball and kick it back out, but not light insert...

The switch needs adjusted. I had the same issue on my snake as well. It's the same issue that the Mystery Scoop has too. Ball goes in, gets kicked out but doesn't award the shot or give award. Not sure how that can be either, but that's what it is. Adjust the switch or actuator wire.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I believe what happens is the ball goes in, closes the switch, but doesn't HOLD the switch shut - the switch only closes momentarily due to impact. To fire the mech (in the snake or mystery scoop) the switch just has to trip. To award the feature, the switch must remain 100% closed until the coil fires.

Adjust the switch so that the ball sitting in the scoop holds the switch shut

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The switch needs adjusted. I had the same issue on my snake as well. It's the same issue that the Mystery Scoop has too. Ball goes in, gets kicked out but doesn't award the shot or give award. Not sure how that can be either, but that's what it is. Adjust the switch or actuator wire.

Yup. I agree it doesn't make sense that the switch can detect the ball well enough to fire the coil, but not award the shot. That exact thing was happening to my Tron scoop.

In my case the root cause was one leg of the switch diode not being soldered at the factory. Check the solder joints on that switch.

#237 10 years ago

I will reexamine the diode to make sure it didnt come loose. Those of you that recommend adjusting the switch. Does that mean bending the arm up towards the playfield, or out towards the center of the circle that thw ball rests in, Or both?

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I will reexamine the diode to make sure it didnt come loose. Those of you that recommend adjusting the switch. Does that mean bending the arm up towards the playfield, or out towards the center of the circle that thw ball rests in, Or both?

I was having this intermittent problem as well…the switch just needed a minor adjustment.

The key is adjusting the switch so it remains closed after the ball settles in the eject. The software is trying to filter "noise". I've seen some correspondence with Lyman on this issue and he said the following:

"If the system sees a momentary switch closure on the eject (the switch closes and then opens before a request is made to user code to kick the ball), then this is treated as “noise” and user code will NOT be called to give out awards (no snake letter, no ball locked for add-a-ball, etc.). User code WILL be called one time to clear the device in case a ball is actually there."

#239 10 years ago

Little probleme... When the light show for the sparky multiball start, the cross for the left ramp doesn't light up... It's like that since day one... Met pro owner proud owner!

#240 10 years ago

That sounds exactly like what i was seeing. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

#241 10 years ago

Me too. Sometimes Ill hit the Mystery hole, when the extra ball is lit, yet it wont award the extra ball, and recently when CUI is lit, that wont get awarded either.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Mine kicks out to the tip of the left flipper. Trying to see if I can adjust it more.

#243 10 years ago

left flipper more in middle then the tip!

#244 10 years ago

I'm sure it's in a thread somewhere, but I looked and I can't seem to find the answer. Does anyone know how to restart CIU after completing or even just playing one of the modes? Is it the same amount of shots to each of the main inserts as it was the first time around?

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

I'm sure it's in a thread somewhere, but I looked and I can't seem to find the answer. Does anyone know how to restart CIU after completing or even just playing one of the modes? Is it the same amount of shots to each of the main inserts as it was the first time around?

It's more shots by default. 20 of each item I think.

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It's more shots by default. 20 of each item I think.

You can collect those items by hitting lanes with those inserts lit, too (except for the hammer).

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

I am going to try something radical with the CIU rules.

For me it is the most fun part of the game and I usually only get it once per game. 5 times to get to EOL seems impossible.

Anyway going to reduce qualifying down to 5 for each one, and reduce coffin multiball as well. Should make it pretty intense.

If I don't like it will switch back to default.

#248 10 years ago

Did EOL today...when you make lanes it lights up Green but i did not get how many points it award and what to do...i had all lanes Green and Coffin started flashing!

1 week later
#249 10 years ago

i will not sleep tonight... as a little boy before his first rendez-vous...

'cause tomorrow is (must be) the day MET will be mine

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am going to try something radical with the CIU rules.
For me it is the most fun part of the game and I usually only get it once per game. 5 times to get to EOL seems impossible.
Anyway going to reduce qualifying down to 5 for each one, and reduce coffin multiball as well. Should make it pretty intense.
If I don't like it will switch back to default.

I agree on the fun factor thought, the problem is your scores will be off the charts with so much CIU scoring. I've pulled well over 100mil out of CIU modes so they definitely need to be tough to get into right now to keep scores low.

Personally, I'd like to see CIU reduced to at least 10 (even 5) for the first then increase by 5 (as it does now) for subsequent. To balance this out scoring wise, I would add a scaling factor to the CIU modes so that the first CIU you play is worth less (probably 25% or so of current scoring), and the 4th one you play is worth much more (about 100% of current scoring).

This would let you get into the fun AND it adds strategy to what modes you play and when since you cannot replay a CIU mode (which I think is great btw). Do you pick the 'easy' mode (for your playstyle) first, and collect minor points? Or do you save it, hoping to get into the 3rd or 4th CIU mode and get more scoring going per shot?

The issue is, is it too easy to hit EoL then? Course with band member features coming, that could (probably will?) add another layer of requirement for EoL qualification so maybe that takes care of itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-151/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.