pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi!
Been working on my Frankenstein pinsound mix. Man, this is time consuming, we are talking days and days of work! Replaced most of the sound effects, quotes, voices and music with the originals from the movie. Robert De Niro is now the main monster scream source! And that ramp shot sound a lot better now, with the chains pulling him up (like on the ramp entry artwork) and not the same sample every time.
Now, the sega/data east games really lack the ammount of soundtriggers that for instance my williams BSD has, so therefore I had to figure out how to implement more sounds and call outs, and background efffects.
Like in the STONING mode, there is now an angry mob taunting and screaming at the monster during the mode.
And in LYNCH JUSTINE mode you can hear the angry mob, original music and Justine screaming for her life.
NORTH POLE mode has wind and footsteps in the snow.
HIGH VOLTAGE mode has som "hurry up" voice fx, and yells at you to shoot the ramp.
The flipper lanes now have a more "fire fx" to them, since the artwork kind of asks for it, having Elisabeth in flames...
And we have more Elisabeth voicecalls now, even the Monster calling her.
Changing mode now has a much more distinct sound, making it a more obvious MODE CHANGE
The monster now screams before throwing the ball at you (with throw FX)
And so on... Did not manage to get the new ball saver sound and Geneva voice fx in the video...
Things like this makes the game much more involving, and to me ads a lot.
My goal is to give the game a movie like feel, and to have the sound drag you into the gameplay with really dynamic and suitable efffects and music.
Some gameplay at the start of the video, and later on I have cheated my way to show you some of the different modes.

Holy crap ! That's a huge improvement! So much that this game has sparked my interest! Anyone looking to unload a restored version can pm me. No beaters!

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi! I can tell you that the latest version is a whole lot better than the one in the YouTube video. I can PM you some sample clips later this week if you're interested.

Pm sent

#431 5 years ago

Sounds like you just made Christmas even better !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 259.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info?tu=mollyspub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.