View topic image gallery

20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
After (resized).jpg
Before (resized).jpg
CreatureThrow (resized).jpg
DamagedMylar-Fixed (resized).jpg

There are 949 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.
#401 5 years ago

Anyone sell plastic sets for Frank?

1 week later
#402 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

they have them: http://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=frankenstein+plastic

not sure about the quality and if they ship to the US tough...

#403 5 years ago

I just wanna know when someone will remake the ramps....mine are crap....and no luck in finding new ones

1 week later
#404 5 years ago

Anyone make a plastic protector set?

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone make a plastic protector set?

Freddy’s does...but it’s only four pieces. The slings and return lane guides. I have orange on mine. I still haven’t found the extra arm I have, but I’ll look tomorrow.
2A5AFDD9-82A6-42E5-A1AF-DABEDA9BD456 (resized).jpeg2A5AFDD9-82A6-42E5-A1AF-DABEDA9BD456 (resized).jpeg

#406 5 years ago

I got an arm from Marco. So I'm all set thanks bud.

1 week later
#407 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I just wanna know when someone will remake the ramps....mine are crap....and no luck in finding new ones

saw that post in the German forum:

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/verkaufe-diverse-nos-teile-sega-de.179780/

It´s quite old but some parts might be still available...

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from harig:

saw that post in the German forum:
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/verkaufe-diverse-nos-teile-sega-de.179780/
It´s quite old but some parts might be still available...

Just taking a quick look - the last reply seems to be asking about the ramps....in jan 2017....gonna have to believe they are long gone....but since you have access to the forum and speak German - mind asking for me?

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I got a lot of plastics to sell for frankie.

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I got a lot of plastics to sell for frankie.

Pm sent.

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just taking a quick look - the last reply seems to be asking about the ramps....in jan 2017....gonna have to believe they are long gone....but since you have access to the forum and speak German - mind asking for me?

Looking at his parts numbers, he doesn’t have any of the plastic upper ramps. I will bet that is what you need, like most of us. Mine is braced with a post rubber. I did get a set of clear plastics on EBay, still listed, from Germany. Hard to find. I like MSF a lot.

1 month later
#412 5 years ago

New pinsound mix available at the pinsound community page, for anyone interested

1 week later
#413 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

New pinsound mix available at the pinsound community page, for anyone interested

I just got the new mix & it is amazing. The movie’s soundtrack is now the background, with Robert Deniro as the monster, all the original voices from the movie are also added. Yes, even Elizabeth & the Doctor. Highly recommended.

#414 5 years ago

For all MSF owners: is there a market for a servo replacement board? Not sure if somebody already offers something, but in Germany there is one guy looking for such a board but no luck so far. What if I would build one?
Br Steve

#415 5 years ago

Pretty sure one exists already....have to find the link - had a friend buy one earlier this year...

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Pretty sure one exists already....have to find the link - had a friend buy one earlier this year...

Yes, that's even better. Would be great if you get me the link.

#417 5 years ago

I bought from this place. Works great!

http://shedspace.net/?page_id=193

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

I bought from this place. Works great!
http://shedspace.net/?page_id=193

This same item is on Ebay, also from Australia.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#420 5 years ago

NEED HELP

Question I just got a MSF and got home notice the North Pole doesn’t work don’t think it knows a ball is in their I have to wait for the machine took look for the ball then it kicks it out and I had extra ball lit and when the ball went in nothing happened . I took it out I noticed a black box with a yellow button when I touch the button it works but it looks like it missing a piece any help or a picture of what the complete North Pole looks like any help

#421 5 years ago

There should be a switch to trigger the vuk. Hard to find, most places seem to be out of stock. It looks like the pic below.

The stock # is: 180-5116-00

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/stern-sega-data-east-switch-180-5116-00.html

72FDDAE5-7857-40B5-A1A1-82F0D41D5032 (resized).jpeg72FDDAE5-7857-40B5-A1A1-82F0D41D5032 (resized).jpeg
#422 5 years ago

Great thanks was able to order the part from the place you said and pinball life.

#423 5 years ago

If you have the switch arm, you probably only need the switch itself. In fact, if you have the switch arm, you can probably find another switch somewhere in the machine and swap them out.

#424 5 years ago

Full colir has come to Frankenstein. https://mailchi.mp/371668793f88/colordmd-game-83-new-for-xled-it-is-alive?fbclid=IwAR0ro8cqTbz6ImumiRg9UZSOPAGBHIjWxxMfyfhZ1WyaillNa-6GA6ZMdYY

2018-12-17 06_43_36-Pinball Enthusiasts - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-12-17 06_43_36-Pinball Enthusiasts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

If you have the switch arm, you probably only need the switch itself. In fact, if you have the switch arm, you can probably find another switch somewhere in the machine and swap them out.

i have the switch but not the arm. couldnt find it in the machine..

thanks

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi!
Been working on my Frankenstein pinsound mix. Man, this is time consuming, we are talking days and days of work! Replaced most of the sound effects, quotes, voices and music with the originals from the movie. Robert De Niro is now the main monster scream source! And that ramp shot sound a lot better now, with the chains pulling him up (like on the ramp entry artwork) and not the same sample every time.
Now, the sega/data east games really lack the ammount of soundtriggers that for instance my williams BSD has, so therefore I had to figure out how to implement more sounds and call outs, and background efffects.
Like in the STONING mode, there is now an angry mob taunting and screaming at the monster during the mode.
And in LYNCH JUSTINE mode you can hear the angry mob, original music and Justine screaming for her life.
NORTH POLE mode has wind and footsteps in the snow.
HIGH VOLTAGE mode has som "hurry up" voice fx, and yells at you to shoot the ramp.
The flipper lanes now have a more "fire fx" to them, since the artwork kind of asks for it, having Elisabeth in flames...
And we have more Elisabeth voicecalls now, even the Monster calling her.
Changing mode now has a much more distinct sound, making it a more obvious MODE CHANGE
The monster now screams before throwing the ball at you (with throw FX)
And so on... Did not manage to get the new ball saver sound and Geneva voice fx in the video...
Things like this makes the game much more involving, and to me ads a lot.
My goal is to give the game a movie like feel, and to have the sound drag you into the gameplay with really dynamic and suitable efffects and music.
Some gameplay at the start of the video, and later on I have cheated my way to show you some of the different modes.

Holy crap ! That's a huge improvement! So much that this game has sparked my interest! Anyone looking to unload a restored version can pm me. No beaters!

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Holy crap ! That's a huge improvement! So much that this game has sparked my interest! Anyone looking to unload a restored version can pm me. No beaters!

Hi! I can tell you that the latest version is a whole lot better than the one in the YouTube video. I can PM you some sample clips later this week if you're interested.

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi! I can tell you that the latest version is a whole lot better than the one in the YouTube video. I can PM you some sample clips later this week if you're interested.

I be interested in some videos I just picked up Frankenstein

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Pm sent

#430 5 years ago

Here's a few clips of gameplay with my pinsound mix. While the family was painting Christmas decorations, I was recording this, so excuse my crappy playing, as I was waiting for my wife to yell at me for ruining Christmas

#431 5 years ago

Sounds like you just made Christmas even better !

#432 5 years ago

You should go for it!

1 week later
#433 5 years ago

Help

when i got to coil test on my MSF and i select a certain coil to test and when i push start nothing happens even when i cycle threw the different coil test and also when i do a flasher test nothing happens anyone have any ideas how to get these to work so i can check all that stuff..

thanks

#434 5 years ago

Make sure the coin door is closed (or the cherry switch is depressed) should work then. It is a safety feature that disables the higher voltage stuff when the door is open.

#435 5 years ago

Hey just FYI Frank from TNT just finished his replacement board for the Frankenstein head. I’m getting one - reach out to TNT if you are interested.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Make sure the coin door is closed (or the cherry switch is depressed) should work then. It is a safety feature that disables the higher voltage stuff when the door is open.

great thanks will try that.. you think it would tell you in the manual that the door needs to be closed.. I was going crazy wondering what's wrong with my machine

#437 5 years ago

closing coin door worked

HELP AGAIN

i had to replace the ball launcher bracket since it broke the other day.. so i replaced it now it doesn't work and 3 other coils aren't working... Geneva, Sarco and the graveyard are no working any ideas they were working fine.. when i do a coil test nothing is happening...

any Help would be appreciated

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

closing coin door worked
HELP AGAIN
i had to replace the ball launcher bracket since it broke the other day.. so i replaced it now it doesn't work and 3 other coils aren't working... Geneva, Sarco and the graveyard are no working any ideas they were working fine.. when i do a coil test nothing is happening...
any Help would be appreciated

prob blew a fuse when you fixed the other thing. or didn't hook something up correctly. if it worked before, its something you did. check fuses first.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

prob blew a fuse when you fixed the other thing. or didn't hook something up correctly. if it worked before, its something you did. check fuses first.

when i fixed the launcher i didnt disconnect any wires.. must be a fuse i hope will check to see if its a fuse

thanks

#440 5 years ago

Thanks for the help it was the fuse when i checked last night guess i didn't notice.. for now i took another fuse 5a and put it where the coil fuse goes 4a and it works great all the coils are working again. just don't have the laser kick back working until i get a new fuse..

thanks again

2 weeks later
#441 5 years ago

Looking to buy the Complete LED Kit for my MSF.. Anyone tell me the best kit to buy and where and all that I need

thanks

#442 5 years ago

Also looking for MSF instruction cards ect cant seem to finf the anywhere mine are missing.. if anyone has a some can you share? i can print out thanks

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Looking to buy the Complete LED Kit for my MSF.. Anyone tell me the best kit to buy and where and all that I need
thanks

Cointaker's kit is good. Color matches the inserts and doesn't use color in the gi so you can actually play the game. You can get it with or without flasher bulbs I think. With the exception of some of the backbox flashers (blues) I wouldn't use the led flashers on the playfield. Just my opinion. Also, you can save a bit of money if you want to make a list yourself and buy the separate.

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Thanks for the help it was the fuse when i checked last night guess i didn't notice.. for now i took another fuse 5a and put it where the coil fuse goes 4a and it works great all the coils are working again. just don't have the laser kick back working until i get a new fuse..
thanks again

make sure you change that back asap to the right size fuse.

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Also looking for MSF instruction cards ect cant seem to finf the anywhere mine are missing.. if anyone has a some can you share? i can print out thanks

Pinballrebel.com has a few. Free to download.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

make sure you change that back asap to the right size fuse.

What will happen if I don’t put back to a 4a fuse and just keep the 5a in the spot

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

What will happen if I don’t put back to a 4a fuse and just keep the 5a in the spot

You could blow the transistor on the driver board, and burn out or damage anything that is on the same circuit. You can under fuse, you can’t over fuse.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You could blow the transistor on the driver board, and burn out or damage anything that is on the same circuit. You can under fuse, you can’t over fuse.

yup, no need to take a small prob and make it a large one.

#449 5 years ago

Fixed got fuses pot the 4a in slot f8-b and the 5a in slot f9-b but 2 tabs broke on the f8 how do I fix that? I used electrical tape tape to make it work for the time being but need a real fix.

Anyone have ideas? I guess I could buy a whole new board. Ugh

#450 5 years ago

Anyone happen to have a set of the black lightning bolt inlane plastics or possibly a scan of them? Picked up an MSF and it is missing these and also missing the clear plastic cover for the right ramp that keeps air balls from hitting the wire form ramp for the north pole shot.

Thanks..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 949 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.