You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0984[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0986[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0985[1]_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

I'm finally putting my Pinbot back together this week. It's been about 4 months for a full on restoration. One thing I don't like is the white start button. I'd like a red lighted start button. I've read the 22mm angel eye buttons fit and work well. Anyone used these on a system 11? I'd like to see some pics. How is the light powered! Do I just tap into the coin door GI? Any other lighted start button options?

#2 8 years ago

No one has done this? Bump......

#3 8 years ago

this is from another thread. "My first cabinet restoration"
Makin some good progress. If your so inclined while your workin on the cab you might want to think about replacing the start button with an Angle Eye lit metal start button. I put them on 3 of my games and they really look cool. They are 12v but still light up nice with 6.3v from the coin door bulbs. You need a 22mm diameter one and can get them on ebay.

#4 8 years ago

Here is the thread name. Also for Pinbot:
My firstt attempt at cabinet restoration, lets see how it turns out.

#5 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-lighted-flipper-buttons-for-418

I'd imagine you could just apply the same techniques to the start button on your pinbot.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I'd imagine you could just apply the same techniques to the start button on your pinbot.

Works well for flipper buttons since there is a plastic housing around the actual push button.
For sys 11 games, there is no plastic housing around the start button, just a hole in the wood. Not enough clear plastic to get the light to shine through.
Works well on some Data East and Bally games, and fine on some Zacs as well, that all use the button and housing.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Works well for flipper buttons since there is a plastic housing around the actual push button.
For sys 11 games, there is no plastic housing around the start button, just a hole in the wood. Not enough clear plastic to get the light to shine through.
Works well on some Data East and Bally games, and fine on some Zacs as well, that all use the button and housing.

Correct, the way this button is made and installed makes vids guide difficult. A 22mm angel eye start button would look amazing. I'm going to order one today. I've read it works but I'd still like to see a pic on one installed and working(pic from the outside).

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from DiggerPSU:

If your so inclined while your workin on the cab you might want to think about replacing the start button with an Angle Eye lit metal start button. I put them on 3 of my games and they really look cool. They are 12v but still light up nice with 6.3v from the coin door bulbs. You need a 22mm diameter one and can get them on ebay.

Yeah I posted that and it works perfect, don't see why it wouldn't work for you. The only problem I ran into was that the lit button wasn't long enough for the nut and washer to attach on the inside of the cabinet so I had to make the hole on the inside bigger half way through the thickness of the plywood.

IMGA0985[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0985[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0986[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0986[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0984[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0984[1]_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-start-button-for-system-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.