photo_5.JPG
photo_4.JPG
photo_3.JPG
photo_2.JPG
photo_1.JPG
20110822_202909.jpg
20110822_202848.jpg
20110818_195656.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider examiner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

Congrats and enjoy.

System reset? no harm, other than losing your freeplay settings and other stuff like that. If you are having difficulty figuring out scoring rules, etc. sometimes it can help to restore them to the factory settings so you will know what the starting point is.

But as to a system reset actually "fixing" anything.....ah, we all wish it were that easy.

Check your private messages. I sent you some info you should find helpful. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

What would you do first?

Wanted to add.....if you haven't yet, check the battery holder for any signs of leakage/damage. If you don't see any, replace the batteries anyway and make a note to do it again on at least an annual basis. Since it's playing pretty good I wouldn't expect any issues - but that's always the first thing I check (before I buy a pin actually).

If you see any problems, let us know.

Changing the batteries will actually reset the machine if you do it with the power off. So if you want to do that, you can kill two birds with one stone. If you want to retain your settings, change the batteries with the machine turned on.

#5 12 years ago

It'll be fun for you no doubt.

As it relates specifically to one of your problems - the GI in the backbox - check the connectors at the power supply board. You will most likely find that specific connector to be burnt and requiring replacement. The GI lights are broken up into smaller "chunks", and you probably just have one of these segments not working due to connector issues.

Pop bumper lights - that could be just game behavior, but if that's not it the first thing I would check would be the sockets themselves. They take a beating, the bulbs get loose and they start acting wierd. You can squeeze the socket sides together a bit to hold the bulb tighter, and that generally works for the near term. Clean the contacts, etc. also.

You've got a manual, correct? If not, I'm pretty sure all the DE manuals are available at IPDB.

Run through all the diagnostic tests for the bulbs, switches, solenoids, etc. and that should give you a good idea of what you are dealing with. Make a list of any issues and let us know, we love questions!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,650 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider examiner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-getting-started-and-need-some-help?tu=examiner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.