• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 4 years ago

Usually people post about score reels not resetting... my problem is that I’ve seen a few cases of the score resetting to zero in the middle of a game

I haven’t seen it enough times to identify a pattern. It is definitely while the ball is still in play - not when it hits the outhole. Since it takes several pulses, the score motor is involved. It’s not a full reset, because the ball count stays put. It takes many games to get this to happen, so it’s tough to reproduce.

Admittedly, I need to stare at the schematic some more, but I figured I would post in case someone had any pointers.

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

It may be that one of these score motor sw. is gapped incorrectly. A Relay does the reel reset.
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#3 4 years ago

After making sure these 4 switches on the Reset Completed (A) relay are opening properly, hook a Bulb tester across the Reset Completed (A) coil (the one with the Brown&White wire) to see if it's being activated when this happens
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reading-gottlieb-schematics#post-2634425
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-circuits-basics-to-not-so-basic/page/2#post-3184715

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 4 years ago

Thank you both for the pointers. I did check out the A relay. The switches look OK in both the latched and unlatched positions. I did notice that if I trigger it by hand it caused exactly the behavior that I have observed. I also noticed that there was a good amount of crud on the knife edge that performs the latch and unlatch operations, so I cleaned that all up. I also adjusted the 2B score motor switch to make sure the A reset pulls as long as it can to get into the running position. My theory is that the relay was just barely in the reset-done state and vibration allowed the latch to slip and start a score reset sequence. We’ll see if it happens again.

#5 4 years ago

Hasn’t come back, so I’m marking this one as fixed. Time will tell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-pin-score-reels-reset-during-game- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.