(Topic ID: 51011)

Just bought a '75 Gottlieb Abra-ca-dabra today.

By Rat_Tomago

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kangourou
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
rw_glass.JPG
AbraCaDabraShooterLane.jpg
AbraCaDabraPlayfield.jpg
AbraCaDabraBackBox.jpg
Abra_Ca_Dabra_FullView.jpg
2013-05-24_15.56.01.jpg
back_glass.jpg
abraBG.JPG
sample_abra.jpg
abraglass.JPG
5d19e489-b88b-43e4-900f-57133702d8eb_3.jpg
20130519_204339.jpg
20130519_204145.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyThom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

Wow!! That looks gorgeous! Man, I love me some Abra-Ca-Dabra and this is a NICE one! Fantastic grab. One day I hope mine will look close to as nice as this baby.

1 week later
#64 10 years ago

Here's a photo of my original backglass for another color reference (excuse the dirt and crusty masking tape stuck to it). Lit with a 60w soft tungsten bulb, photographed with an iPad, auto white balance.

2013-05-24_15.56.01.jpg2013-05-24_15.56.01.jpg

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

So without a tumbler I have my bolts and metal posts soaking in Simple green while I sleep. Should I use CLR instead?

I soaked my metal hardware in Simple Green as well to mixed results. Sure, it took off some of the tarnish, but it also caused a little bit of rusting on some of the screw threads. I just transferred the metal bits from the Simple Green to CLR and a few hours later they were quite shiny. If you really want them to sparkle, take a bit of Brasso or another metal polish to them and shine 'em right up! I wish I had access to a tumbler, too...maybe one day!

Abra-ca-Dabra was also my first playfield strip-down and to my horror I also realized that I was going to have to de-solder the pop bumpers. It was really quite easy, though. The solder points couldn't be more huge and the wires are firm - they hold their position well so they don't get lost in the under-the-playfield spaghetti. You can't take enough pictures

Can't wait to see your machine even more sharp looking!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyThom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-a-75-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-today?tu=RyThom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.