IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 41.
#1801 6 months ago

Long shot, but if anyone has spare saucer protectors from Cliffy or recommendations on another option, shout. Dude's backed way up. Mylar in the lane will do the trick there, but I see those saucers getting roughed up over time.

#1802 6 months ago

Hi guys, I wonder if this is a good idea to make a mod with the DB5 for this machine. The mod will be based on the same idea I have created for the JB with the Mustang Mach1. You can see here :

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08884-ford-mustang-mach-1-inclined-with-lights-ped-walk-sign

It will have lights inside the front of the car.
For the positioning see the photos.
I have study several options for the place but the only one is what I propose on this photo.

Tell me what do you think of that. Appreciate your feedback.

Lionel from (Pino Pinball Mods)

IMG_5998 (resized).jpegIMG_5998 (resized).jpegIMG_6001 (resized).jpegIMG_6001 (resized).jpegIMG_6003 (resized).jpegIMG_6003 (resized).jpegIMG_7230 (resized).jpegIMG_7230 (resized).jpegIMG_7231 (resized).jpegIMG_7231 (resized).jpeg
#1803 6 months ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi guys, I wonder if this is a good idea to make a mod with the DB5 for this machine. The mod will be based on the same idea I have created for the JB with the Mustang Mach1. You can see here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08884-ford-mustang-mach-1-inclined-with-lights-ped-walk-sign
It will have lights inside the front of the car.
For the positioning see the photos.
I have study several options for the place but the only one is what I propose on this photo.
Tell me what do you think of that. Appreciate your feedback.
Lionel from (Pino Pinball Mods)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This game doesn't really scream " mods" for me, as it's stunning w understatement. That said, this looks very cool!!

#1804 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This game doesn't really scream " mods" for me, as it's stunning w understatement. That said, this looks very cool!!

I've gotta be honest, as much as I love PLAYING the game, to me the playfield cosmetics look cheap as is. That car flip plastic thing on the left is an eyesore. The barrel plastic at the jackpot shot is a neat idea, but could have been done SO much better. While I do like nicely done mods, sticking hot wheels and 3D printed stuff on the playfield would just draw more attention to the cosmetic features I already dislike.

#1805 6 months ago

I'm personally not a fan of a toy car on this one. I like the unique, uncluttered simplicity of the playfield.

And there is already an Aston Martin on the other versions.

For me, it'd be like getting your gold jewelry bronzed. Others may like it though.

#1806 6 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I've gotta be honest, as much as I love PLAYING the game, to me the playfield cosmetics look cheap as is. That car flip plastic thing on the left is an eyesore. The barrel plastic at the jackpot shot is a neat idea, but could have been done SO much better. While I do like nicely done mods, sticking hot wheels and 3D printed stuff on the playfield would just draw more attention to the cosmetic features I already dislike.

Maybe" stunning" was a bit overstated. I like the " simplicity" of the PF look. It presents as open and wide to me. I'm also the oddball that likes the PF screen. This game is very " purpose built" to me, not cheap looking at all. This " purpose" is an absolute straightforward, ass kicking game. Still one of my favorites to play, as it doesn't rely on any gizmos or effects...rather just a challenge to step up and do your best. So addictive to me!!

1 week later
#1807 5 months ago

Do we expect any more code updates or do we think it's done?

#1808 5 months ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Do we expect any more code updates or do we think it's done?

I was wondering the same thing the other day. What should we expect more from this game? Any ideas?

#1809 5 months ago

Any suggestions on updates that are needed? The code seems very complete to me.

#1810 5 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Any suggestions on updates that are needed? The code seems very complete to me.

Seven months ago when I got the game I posted a few things I thought the code needed:

- When you hit the M target it is hard to tell what it gives you because it changes immediately to the escape (50 points) or the bonus collect. They need a callout here or for the screen to stay on the M target a little longer.
- It is too hard to complete the top lanes. Maybe OK for standard settings but when set to easy should let the lit lanes carry on from ball to ball or let you move the lit lane with the flippers.
- Bond multiball might be too hard to start. Maybe make it easier to make progress during the Mission MB or maybe (when set to easy) be able to collect multiple Bonds with one hit to the saucer.
- They could do a better job with screen. I think movie clips have no place in a game like this. For the orbits mode maybe have a gear shift so after you hit the first orbit (and hear the Aston Martin engine revving) thenit shows a manual gear shift go to second gear with the next shot lit, etc. The other modes could also mark progress better. For instance the spinner mode could be a RPM meter that increases with each shot until it is completed at the red line.

I still play my game regularly and we have seen some minor updates since I initially made these suggestions. I now think maybe the Bond MB doesn't need to be easier but the other comments I think would be welcome code improvements.

#1811 5 months ago

lol, i replaced the rubber behind the MI6 targets and now they are bricking again, like they did when the game was new

#1812 5 months ago

FYI, I reached out to get better springs for those infernal bricking drops, got right back to me and they're on the way. I also asked about the powder color while I was at it, as I'm going to put this out for a while and figure if it gets scratched up I'll have to redone. Blackjack, looks like from Prismatic Powders. Thinking I might have the door and speaker grill done when I pull it off regardless, really sharp.

Has anyone done plastic protectors for this? Light blue like I put on my LE would be nice, but I don't see them anywhere. If not, I might add it to my to-do list as I have access to a laser cutter and it's fairly simple to setup those.

#1813 5 months ago

this was gratifying. 550 spins

PXL_20231110_005706339 (resized).jpgPXL_20231110_005706339 (resized).jpg

#1814 5 months ago

I had some requests for a custom cover up set for Bond 60th to cover the QR decal on the backbox and the seizure warning on the apron. Sorry its so late I've been busy on my day job! For the 60th, the seizure cover was changed from red to blue and used a newer Spectre logo than the cornerstone 007 version. Gun barrel magnet simply covers up the QR decal or the decal can be remove carefully first and attached safely on the lid of the coin box for storage. For the apron, either magnet or decal is available according to preference. Decal is more of a permanent installation, but can be carefully removed if wanted.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/09736-007-james-bond-60th-cover-up-magnet-art-and-decal-art-

1960d4a9695fa4a9f7b250a77f5abab2684fb532 (resized).jpg1960d4a9695fa4a9f7b250a77f5abab2684fb532 (resized).jpg235919855babac28b577ecfb69820a3df8e07051 (resized).png235919855babac28b577ecfb69820a3df8e07051 (resized).png9a4743c6a0f6a2831220c3b061b9be7b36fe5ee3 (resized).png9a4743c6a0f6a2831220c3b061b9be7b36fe5ee3 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-11-10 083612 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-11-10 083612 (resized).png
#1815 5 months ago

Hi guys, finally I have done that for this machine

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/09744-aston-martin-db5-1964-goldfinger

Lionel from Pino Pinball Mods

IMG_7447 (resized).jpegIMG_7447 (resized).jpegIMG_7449 (resized).jpegIMG_7449 (resized).jpegIMG_7459 (resized).jpegIMG_7459 (resized).jpegIMG_7613 (resized).jpegIMG_7613 (resized).jpegIMG_7614 (resized).jpegIMG_7614 (resized).jpeg
#1816 5 months ago

New code is up.

#1817 5 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

New code is up.

Awesome! I just want to get home from work to play it! Does anyone know what’s new?

IMG_5393.gifIMG_5393.gif
#1818 5 months ago

V1.07.0 November 14, 2023
=========================
- Lowered power for the shaker motor in coil test.
- Changed some lamp effects, dependent on sound mode chosen.
- Changed the backbox rollover score lights to reflect scores up to 210000.
- If the ball ends while the disc is spinning, the scoring will not continue.
into the next ball until it comes to a stop.
- Fixed plurality of time and shot counts in modes.
- Fixed issue where adjustments to disable drop target banks may not always
work correctly.
- Ball search for left and center drop target banks now follows the setting
of their respective disable adjustments.
- Adjustments added to control ball save time in multiballs.
Ball save timer defaults increased for Villain Multiball, Gadget Multiball, and Bond Multiball.
- Villain modes - Award 1000 points if completed on first try, 500 points if completed otherwise.
- After first Mission Multiball, require Bond or MI6 complete to reenable locking when in competition mode.
- Adjustment added to enable/disable flipper skill shot to inline targets. Default changed to one flipper skill shot per game.
- After on-playfield bonus collect, Skill shot no longer lit during competition play.
- Added attract mode page with Stern website link that unlocks sound modes.
https://sternpinball.com/james-bond-60th-qr-codes/

#1819 5 months ago

the biggest functional change is that you can't plunge and flip once to qualify multiball on every ball now. just once per game. also the bonuses for MI6 modes are huge; I expect people to play those modes more now as well as trying to unlock the spy camera more

#1820 5 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the biggest functional change is that you can't plunge and flip once to qualify multiball on every ball now. just once per game.

Oof, yes, that is a literal game-changer. I might be a wuss and set it the old way.

#1821 5 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Oof, yes, that is a literal game-changer. I might be a wuss and set it the old way.

How you do that my friend?

#1822 5 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

How you do that my friend?

Haven’t tried it yet, but the readme file says they added an adjustment for it. I assume you can set it the original way.

#1823 5 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

pretty sure this change is largely because of tournaments so if you play for IFPA points you might wanna leave it on

#1824 5 months ago

Planning to update today.
What’s the consensus- good to go?

#1825 5 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Planning to update today.
What’s the consensus- good to go?

We have done ours via usb.

All good except that our machine lost some of our settings and went back to default. (shooter lane eject power and reel match).

We have not played it enough to see all the changes yet. Definitely more achievements and lighting changes. A good game just got better!

#1826 5 months ago

I like the changes. I played it several times this weekend and put up a new GC. I feel like the old rules were too focused on Mission MB and this makes that harder to start while giving more incentive to complete the modes.

Also they didn't seem to put any Stern ads on Bond 60th unlike the other models.

#1827 5 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I like the changes. I played it several times this weekend and put up a new GC. I feel like the old rules were too focused on Mission MB and this makes that harder to start while giving more incentive to complete the modes.
Also they didn't seem to put any Stern ads on Bond 60th unlike the other models.

yeah you'd need some sort of a neck to catch those adverts

#1828 5 months ago

Hi,

I have also made this mod to mask the iron diverter on the 60th anniversary.

You can order here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/09747-rosa-klebb-shoe-for-60th-anniversary-of-james-bond

I will prepare a similar mod with the Geiger Counter.

IMG_7607 (resized).jpegIMG_7607 (resized).jpegIMG_7608 (resized).jpegIMG_7608 (resized).jpegIMG_7626 (resized).jpegIMG_7626 (resized).jpeg
#1829 5 months ago

A lot of folks want to add mods to this game and sincerely appreciate creative ideas.
Personally don’t feel the diverter was a problem that needed to be covered with a shoe.

#1830 5 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

A lot of folks want to add mods to this game and sincerely appreciate creative ideas.
Personally don’t feel the diverter was a problem that needed to be covered with a shoe.

Plus, truly authentic spy shoes should have a rotary dial phone.

DonAdams (resized).jpgDonAdams (resized).jpg
#1831 5 months ago

lol, sorry, that is hilarious

adding that to a twenty thousand dollar game might be the ultimate "pinball thing"

#1832 5 months ago

My latest mod...

IMG_1586 (resized).JPGIMG_1586 (resized).JPGIMG_1587 (resized).JPGIMG_1587 (resized).JPGIMG_1588 (resized).JPGIMG_1588 (resized).JPG
#1833 5 months ago

Decided to try the TPU shooter protectors from Volcano pinball on here. Nice little product, and the blue actually matches nicely on the 60th.

PXL_20231129_043521415 (resized).jpgPXL_20231129_043521415 (resized).jpg
#1834 5 months ago

Outside of the tmolding, this game is begging people to stop modding it......it has such a simple yet elegant/classy look that really stands out in a lineup.

Still loving mine. People selling this game used at 13k - I guess if you need the money immediately but it just doesn't make sense otherwise. Only 500 out there and the market being so saturated. This is a game that if you buy, strap in, enjoy it and dump it last when/if you need to. Plays so differently than other sterns and flows like none other. That 007 moby music is just perfect when it hits, although I do love the 80s option too.

#1835 4 months ago

Is that rust on that shooter rod spring?

#1836 4 months ago

just why, though

#1837 4 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Is that rust on that shooter rod spring?

Nah, pretty sure it's a "red" spring. They mark the different tensions with color down them like that.

And I agree about this one benefiting from being mostly left mod-free. Certainly the random toys and such. Black mirror blades (PBL has nice new ones for $99) look sharp, and a lane protector never seems a bad idea (just a bonus that it looks kinda sharp).

#1838 4 months ago

You can use the Chopper for PF also instead of the half eaten burger

#1839 4 months ago

Price Check Advice Sought:

I'm interested in joining this club. I was interested months ago but shelved the idea after coming to grips with the reality that I couldn't afford the game. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here by pointing out how much this title has depreciated, but I have to ask: can HUO examples be had for $12K at this point?

Also, can it be had NIB for, say, $13500? Is that a fair sum to offer a dealer? I realize selling pins in this "correction" market is quite difficult and buyers have the upper hand, so I thought maybe I could get somewhere offering just $13500 for NIB. I have no idea what distributors paid Stern for these games, but I find it hard to imagine they paid north of $15K for a game that seemed to offer little more over a Stern LE than cachet/collectibility. (No offense!) If dealers paid $12K, then an offer of $13500 today wouldn't be so out of line. Yes, I know of "pricing floors" for Stern dealers, but in this market, where distros are struggling to sell games, holding out for $15K for a Bond 60th you still have in inventory when you have bills to pay and Jaws is right around the corner seems like pure folly.

Thoughts?

#1840 4 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm interested in joining this club. I was interested months ago but shelved the idea after coming to grips with the reality that I couldn't afford the game. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here by pointing out how much this title has depreciated, but I have to ask: can HUO examples be had for $12K at this point?
Also, can it be had NIB for, say, $13500? Is that a fair sum to offer a dealer? I realize selling pins in this "correction" market is quite difficult and buyers have the upper hand, so I thought maybe I could get somewhere offering just $13500 for NIB. I have no idea what distributors paid Stern for these games, but I find it hard to imagine they paid north of $15K for a game that seemed to offer little more over a Stern LE than cachet/collectibility. (No offense!) If dealers paid $12K, then an offer of $13500 today wouldn't be so out of line. Yes, I know of "pricing floors" for Stern dealers, but in this market, where distros are struggling to sell games, holding out for $15K for a Bond 60th you still have in inventory when you have bills to pay and Jaws is right around the corner seems like pure folly.
Thoughts?

If you have the chance to grab one and you are really interested in it, don't hesitate. It's an incredible game. If you want to flex about money and value, skip it. If you are a Pinball fanatic it's a really fun game, if you are a Pinball Player it's a really challenging game and if you are a Hard core Bond fan it's a Fantastic game. Doesn't matter the perspective, it's always a win situation and a keeper. It's my 3rd game and has become my favorite so far. Thanks to this game, 4 of my friends who never got into pinball, became Pinball enthusiasts now. It's the machine with the most plays at my house and the one who always guests fights to play next. We can no longer estimate the value of a game with the prices right now. It's completely unpredictable and inaccurate. People selling JP LEs and Elvira's 40ths for 20K a few weeks ago just got burned with NIB Limited Editions releases now at 12K. NIB Venoms Pro selling at 6K and old games used with deteriorated playfields like DE Star Wars selling at 8K. Jaws is coming out, but who knows how it's gonna be? EJ was supposed to blow everyone away and Labyrinth came and swept the floor with it. James Bond was a "mediocre game" back in February and everyone was selling them, with code updates its top 5 easily now. Bond 60th will never get a rerun. That's for sure. Only 500 In the world and Bond will only have another anniversary edition in 10 years. Perhaps we all will be gone by then. Enjoy while you can, flip it and have fun.

#1841 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Outside of the tmolding, this game is begging people to stop modding it......it has such a simple yet elegant/classy look that really stands out in a lineup.
Still loving mine. People selling this game used at 13k - I guess if you need the money immediately but it just doesn't make sense otherwise. Only 500 out there and the market being so saturated. This is a game that if you buy, strap in, enjoy it and dump it last when/if you need to. Plays so differently than other sterns and flows like none other. That 007 moby music is just perfect when it hits, although I do love the 80s option too.

Blue T molding,Powder blue and cobalt Titan rubbers,Mirror blades and remove the foam so you can see the Kenwoods. All you need and yes modern and 80’s my favs as well. This pin is bolted period.

#1842 4 months ago

Thoughts?

I’ve never seen a NIB under $15k typically. $13500 is the cheapest I’ve seen a used one go for and that’s not the norm. Plenty on the market place just gotta pony up. Well worth it even at the $16k nib I paid.

#1843 4 months ago

This is actually a pretty good deal with shipping included. Maybe offer $15k shipped then you’ve got a smoking deal.

IMG_2555 (resized).pngIMG_2555 (resized).png
#1844 4 months ago

I paid 13.5 with maybe 100 games on mine. Asked around the dealers - 15.5 seems to be the going bottom NIB, at least a month ago. Very little bonus to NIB to mind; hell, you could open and discover significant hidden damage. Did see one sell a couple months back for 12.5 used out west, too far for me, but it was gone in a flash.

I'd aim around 14.5 if you want one, and be happy about it. I'm not convinced it'll be going for 20k again I'm the next few years, but if you decide to move on I'm pretty sure it's safe money in that range. This is the bottom of the market for a while.

Game is a keeper though.

#1845 4 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Blue T molding,Powder blue and cobalt Titan rubbers,Mirror blades and remove the foam so you can see the Kenwoods. All you need and yes modern and 80’s my favs as well. This pin is bolted period.

The red molding is actually growing on me, though I think the grey I saw someone post is the sharpest I've seen.

#1846 4 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’ve never seen a NIB under $15k typically. $13500 is the cheapest I’ve seen a used one go for and that’s not the norm. Plenty on the market place just gotta pony up. Well worth it even at the $16k nib I paid.

Here is a NIB Bond 60th for $14.5k.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/166323

#1847 4 months ago

Thoughts?

Here is your HUO one for 12k
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-james-bond-007-60th-le-12#post-7889594

#1849 4 months ago

I finally had a good chance to sit down and play this game several times. Its awesome! I think its fun, fast and the music is just amazing. Im so glad I got one of these machines.

#1850 4 months ago

Is there a trick to leveling the hat spinner? Mines a wee bit off kilter. I know how to move it up and down, but can't see a way to level it side to side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,113 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Contact
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/37?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.