IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 41.
#1901 89 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

If you are looking for a lot of theme integration, Bond 60th might not be the game you are looking for unfortunately.
Are there photos and references of all eras on the playfield and cabinet? There are! That being said - if you are looking for more than great gameplay, it won’t give the level of Bond theme integration most modern games have (film clips, modes reflecting movie moments, etc)
It really depends on what you’re looking for… but it is a great game! The sound package is great. It is REALLY fun to play. I only am being reserved/cautious in recommending it to you based on your disappointment with the lack of modern era Bond references on the cornerstone.
Edit: I also just looked at your currently owned games on your profile, and noticed that you do not currently own any early solid-state games. Is that because you know you don’t enjoy them or just lack exposure to them? There are a couple ways you could look at that: Bond 60th could add some good variety to your collection and you may find you enjoy the ‘flavor’ it provides OR it may not be up your alley at all.

Do you currently own a newer Stern? If so, get Bond 60th. Nothing like it, but theme is really secondary to the play. If dont have any newer Sterns, the 60th probably isnt what you are looking for.

Id buy both if I could! Only played both on location.

#1902 89 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

If you are looking for a lot of theme integration, Bond 60th might not be the game you are looking for unfortunately.
Are there photos and references of all eras on the playfield and cabinet? There are! That being said - if you are looking for more than great gameplay, it won’t give the level of Bond theme integration most modern games have (film clips, modes reflecting movie moments, etc)
It really depends on what you’re looking for… but it is a great game! The sound package is great. It is REALLY fun to play. I only am being reserved/cautious in recommending it to you based on your disappointment with the lack of modern era Bond references on the cornerstone.
Edit: I also just looked at your currently owned games on your profile, and noticed that you do not currently own any early solid-state games. Is that because you know you don’t enjoy them or just lack exposure to them? There are a couple ways you could look at that: Bond 60th could add some good variety to your collection and you may find you enjoy the ‘flavor’ it provides OR it may not be up your alley at all.

Yeah, I only got in the hobby in 2021 so it’s really lack of exposure as to why I have all modern sterns. Started with a TSPP as that’s what was my initial goal and then a TMNT accompanied it. Then the rest were because I was able to play a few sterns here and there so that’s what I’ve been primarily exposed to, which is also why I don’t have any JJPs or other company pins although wouldn’t mind a few

1 week later
#1903 81 days ago

Hi everybody,
We have finalized the development of our mod "ROTATING PLATFORM FOR JAMES BOND OBJECTS". We propose the objects that we previously developed for this machine statically. The price varies from 100 euros to 170 euros depending on the options you choose. For our customers who have already purchased our objects, they can only purchase the motor and the electronic part attached. For the others, you must choose the object you want to see running with the motor cover of your choice.

You can order here : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/10195-rotating-platform-for-james-bond-objects

Video 1 :

Video 2 :

IMG_9354 (resized).jpegIMG_9354 (resized).jpegIMG_9353 (resized).jpegIMG_9353 (resized).jpegIMG_9351 (resized).jpegIMG_9351 (resized).jpegIMG_9348 (resized).jpegIMG_9348 (resized).jpeg Added 46 days ago:

Video 3 :

Video 4 :

#1904 80 days ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
We have finalized the development of our mod "ROTATING PLATFORM FOR JAMES BOND OBJECTS". We propose the objects that we previously developed for this machine statically. The price varies from 100 euros to 170 euros depending on the options you choose. For our customers who have already purchased our objects, they can only purchase the motor and the electronic part attached. For the others, you must choose the object you want to see running with the motor cover of your choice.
You can order here : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/10195-rotating-platform-for-james-bond-objects
Video 1 :
Video 2 : [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool, but I’m not going mod my 60th. Seems so classy as is.

#1905 80 days ago

The paradox of JB60 is the more spent on random playfield mods, the cheaper the game looks.

#1906 79 days ago

Bond 60th isnt really a pin to mod, agreed.

#1907 79 days ago

I can't even get myself to swap from black rubbers after ordering a set in blue.

#1908 79 days ago

I swapped rubbers. Always have to do that day one, because the black rubbers are nasty. Also added the shooter rod made out of the silver and gold coil made by the Australian mint.

#1909 79 days ago

I did the blue T molding and swapped rubbers.

I tried a few toys and mods and pulled them all off. I ordered the DB5 Eject shooter rod, but I’m not going to install it.

#1910 79 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I swapped rubbers. Always have to do that day one, because the black rubbers are nasty. Also added the shooter rod made out of the silver and gold coil made by the Australian mint.

Agree, I just keep looking at the black and thinking "that looks nice" and thinking maybe I'll order some black titans. Though I'll say the game has been played a load and doesn't really get dirty. I did put transparent in the slings like I always do, and changed the shooter tip; that's probably the majority of the grime source anyway.

I put a custom bond coin shooter on too, since the stock one looked cheap and not made to last. And black mirrors. Zero motivation for anything else. I thought about the molding, but the red has grown on me. Actually loved the grey someone posted a while back though. When I pull it off location I might do that, along with powdering the speakers and coin door - my powder guy will do a whole machine for about $200, so I figure when it comes home I just do it all, and no worries if it gets scratched a little while out.

#1911 78 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Agree, I just keep looking at the black and thinking "that looks nice" and thinking maybe I'll order some black titans. Though I'll say the game has been played a load and doesn't really get dirty. I did put transparent in the slings like I always do, and changed the shooter tip; that's probably the majority of the grime source anyway.
I put a custom bond coin shooter on too, since the stock one looked cheap and not made to last. And black mirrors. Zero motivation for anything else. I thought about the molding, but the red has grown on me. Actually loved the grey someone posted a while back though. When I pull it off location I might do that, along with powdering the speakers and coin door - my powder guy will do a whole machine for about $200, so I figure when it comes home I just do it all, and no worries if it gets scratched a little while out.

Forgot I put on mirror blades too. May eventually add some speaker lights. Mainly just play it!

#1912 78 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I swapped rubbers. Always have to do that day one, because the black rubbers are nasty

lol, probably easier to wipe it down IF any “nasty” stuffs get on the PF than changing all the rubbers. It’s a single level, no ramp, everything out in open, simple pin

#1913 78 days ago
Quoted from gprotein:

lol, probably easier to wipe it down IF any “nasty” stuffs get on the PF than changing all the rubbers. It’s a single level, no ramp, everything out in open, simple pin

I hate constantly fighting the nasty black residue from the stern stock rubbers. I always swap most rubbers out as soon as I get a game. Easier in the long run imo.

#1914 78 days ago

I am in the market for nice HUO unit Hit me up if you are in the Midwest, I enjoy driving

#1915 77 days ago

Now that the game’s been out a while, how do we all feel about it?

I don’t regret purchasing mine. It is a good straightforward game with good flow and rock solid fundamentals. But, I’m really disappointed with the theme integration and code updates.

#1916 77 days ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I don’t regret purchasing mine. It is a good straightforward game with good flow and rock solid fundamentals. But, I’m really disappointed with the theme integration and code updates.

I still love playing mine. Personally the theme integration and (lack of) code updates don’t bother me too much - themes on layouts like this will probably always be a little paste-onish, though some additional code/modes would be cool.

They did kind of warn us all that the game was basically done out of the gate, which may be why I am not too bothered.

#1917 77 days ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Curious what you would like to see in terms of code updates. Seems pretty well done to me.

#1918 77 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Curious what you would like to see in terms of code updates. Seems pretty well done to me.

Make Mission multi ball more valuable.

It's a cool mode, but really, it's just a two ball conduit to accomplish other goals

If you're playing Mission mb for jackpots, it's gonna be a real challenge and you likely won't score much.

There's a slight disincentive to play it

1 week later
#1919 70 days ago

Shout out to my wonderful wife for going above and beyond for my 50th birthday cake. Yep, she’s a keeper. Her and the machine.

IMG_3314 (resized).jpegIMG_3314 (resized).jpegIMG_3315 (resized).jpegIMG_3315 (resized).jpegIMG_3320 (resized).jpegIMG_3320 (resized).jpeg
#1920 70 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Shout out to my wonderful wife for going above and beyond for my 50th birthday cake. Yep, she’s a keeper. Her and the machine. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hold on - that’s a cake??

#1921 70 days ago

Yep, the entire playfield is a red velvet cake. The back box is rice crispy treats.

#1922 70 days ago

holy shit thats amazing.

#1923 70 days ago

How's that even possible - it must have taken her an eternity. Incredible work!

#1924 70 days ago

I am gonna just take a guess that this owner’s group is the only one on pinside with ANY cake homage to the pin much less one that is that freaking magnificent! Well done!

#1925 70 days ago

I didn’t get any cake with it, but stoked to be in the club regardless! Just lugged her downstairs a couple hours ago and she’s playing great

0EFF7679-089F-4757-A1F3-5ABA9156F313 (resized).jpeg0EFF7679-089F-4757-A1F3-5ABA9156F313 (resized).jpegA69F0635-751D-40DF-8D02-51937E720B77 (resized).jpegA69F0635-751D-40DF-8D02-51937E720B77 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1928 70 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I didn’t get any cake with it, but stoked to be in the club regardless! Just lugged her downstairs a couple hours ago and she’s playing great
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Enjoy.

#1929 70 days ago

Shout out to my wonderful wife for going above and beyond for my 50th birthday cake. Yep, she’s a keeper. Her and the machine. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap! That is insane. Love it!

#1930 70 days ago

I didn’t get any cake with it, but stoked to be in the club regardless!

Happy for you!

#1931 70 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats buddy! What kind of crazy trade did ya pull?

#1932 70 days ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Congrats buddy! What kind of crazy trade did ya pull?

Oh, I had to dig deep. But sent this beauty on its way with a bit of cash to my good buddy Flash71 along with a strict buyback policy both ways
B1FE4F16-2E65-475B-9D24-4D408BAD8C0F (resized).jpegB1FE4F16-2E65-475B-9D24-4D408BAD8C0F (resized).jpeg

#1933 70 days ago

Oh, I had to dig deep. But sent this beauty on its way with a bit of cash to my good buddy Flash71 along with a strict buyback policy both ways
[quoted image]

Fair trade on both ends gentlemen, well done!

#1934 70 days ago

Well my posting will be slim, then none over time, but I have NEVER seen such a cool cake!!! Staggering....

1 week later
#1935 58 days ago

Just got #301 set up. Thanks to Jason at Classic Game Rooms. Got it out of the box and set up. Noticed the shaker was missing. One of the score reels is loose. The plastic reel is loose on the knurled shaft coming out of the motor. Will see what I can do to stop that from happening. Other than that, machine looks great and plays great too. I was just getting interested in getting an older machine, but I was worried about having an EM. This machine was just the ticket. Old feel, new mechs. Gotta love it.

IMG_3405 (resized).jpegIMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
#1936 58 days ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Just got #301 set up. Thanks to Jason at Classic Game Rooms. Got it out of the box and set up. Noticed the shaker was missing. One of the score reels is loose. The plastic reel is loose on the knurled shaft coming out of the motor. Will see what I can do to stop that from happening. Other than that, machine looks great and plays great too. I was just getting interested in getting an older machine, but I was worried about having an EM. This machine was just the ticket. Old feel, new mechs. Gotta love it.
[quoted image]

Had a stripped reel and stern replaced it quickly.
Place a ticket if settings don’t recalibrate or if your adjustments don’t do the trick. Enjoy!

#1937 58 days ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

[quoted image]

Stern forgot to install the Shaker at the factory for almost all 500 units IIRC.
Should be a simple request from CGR.

#1938 58 days ago

I keep getting the score reels locking up occasionally, solves itself with a reboot. It's not game breaking or anything, but it's annoying, and since it's on location I don't like it not representing 100%. Anyone happen to know what that's about before I reach out to stern?

#1939 58 days ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

Stern forgot to install the Shaker at the factory for almost all 500 units IIRC

There's supposed to be a shaker motor included?!? What the hell?

I just double checked mine, and I don't have one...

My 1000's place wheel is off. I tried the settings to no avail. I haven't messed with it much further yet. I was hoping something was just loose, and not stripped. Ugh.

#1940 58 days ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

There's supposed to be a shaker motor included?!? What the hell?
I just double checked mine, and I don't have one...
My 1000's place wheel is off. I tried the settings to no avail. I haven't messed with it much further yet. I was hoping something was just loose, and not stripped. Ugh.

Yeah, we all had to call Stern and request them to send it.

#1941 57 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I keep getting the score reels locking up occasionally, solves itself with a reboot. It's not game breaking or anything, but it's annoying, and since it's on location I don't like it not representing 100%. Anyone happen to know what that's about before I reach out to stern?

I had this issue, but it is now resolved. It seemed to be due to noise getting into the cables that control the reels. Try checking the cables to make sure there are no loose connections and put ferrite cores on them.

1 week later
#1942 46 days ago

Just for your information to mask the ugly iron diverter on your machine we have made a platform with the correct color of 60th Anniversary to serve our Geiger Counter :

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/09638-geiger-counter-james-bond-007-dr-no

IMG_0154 (resized).JPGIMG_0154 (resized).JPGIMG_0155 (resized).JPGIMG_0155 (resized).JPG
#1943 46 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

The paradox of JB60 is the more spent on random playfield mods, the cheaper the game looks.

Quoted from Roostking:

Bond 60th isnt really a pin to mod, agreed.

Then this is not a good place for me to promote my toppers

#1944 46 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:Shout out to my wonderful wife for going above and beyond for my 50th birthday cake. Yep, she’s a keeper. Her and the machine. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Right now, the world of pastry is at such a high level that surely that cake can be played a maximum of 20 games, the screen is touch-sensitive and everything is edible.

Your wife should record a video of the making of that cake; it's awesome!

#1945 46 days ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Just for your information to mask the ugly iron diverter on your machine we have made a platform with the correct color of 60th Anniversary to serve our Geiger Counter :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/09638-geiger-counter-james-bond-007-dr-no[quoted image][quoted image]

Ugly iron diverter? Methinks you’re barking up the wrong tree here friend.

#1946 46 days ago

This game needs no mods. None. It's perfect the way it is

#1947 46 days ago

Pleasant surprise today…new code v1.08.0!

“This code contains over 250 new speech callouts, increased scoring in Mission Multiball, and a new Q Target rule for extending time in the first phase of the 007 Wizard/Challenge mode. This code also contains additional polish, game adjustments, and bug fixes.”

FYI, my #427 was a later build (2nd batch of JB60s my distro received) and it did have the shaker properly installed.

#1948 46 days ago

Its a great game, but I need the room, if interested its listed.
Thanks

#1949 46 days ago

New code update is live

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1950 45 days ago

No discussion of the new code?

Callouts are nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

There are 2,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.