IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 41.
#1 1 year ago

Here we go… you wanted it - you got it. Our Elwin-designed Panacho-coded single-level ‘oddjob’ is on the verge of making it into our collective homes… and at this point we’ve just watched the DeadFlip stream.

So much anticipation, so many questions… shaken AND ALSO stirred?

#2 1 year ago

One other initial comment - we all agree that this game was priced to increase its exclusivity and not because its inherent value dictated that price, so let’s agree to just minimize chatter about that now. Deal?

One question I did have after watching the stream was just how much time will be spent updating the code? They are obviously making a point of calling the release version 1.0, is that just to emphasize that all planned features are present and if so will they still be changing any details on the screen (adding animations, etc) or will they ONLY be doing bug-fixes?

#3 1 year ago

Ha. Well, it appears I got the echo-chamber / safe-space I wanted…

But… now I’m so lonely…

Oh, the humanity.

#4 1 year ago

Hoping I get the call from my distributor any day now.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Hoping I get the call from my distributor any day now.

Another human! Yes!

Who will win the race to get the pin first?

#6 1 year ago

No word on shipping on mine yet! Looking forward to it. Stream looked great last night.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

No word on shipping on mine yet! Looking forward to it. Stream looked great last night.

One thing that admittedly gave me pause, was after Elwin’s first game… it racked up dozens of IC achievements, and for the first time I wondered how much effort they would put into updating the code.

#8 1 year ago

Hello, I’ll be in the club because I traded my LE bond with some cash to get a 60th with my distributor. Im not upset at not having assets after seeing the clips that were in the main game. I got the feeling that there wasn’t going to be much they could do to get it to a place where I’d enjoy it so I thought a pure pinball experience with Bond theme music was a better option. I hope to receive mine in the next week hopefully. My birthday is next Wednesday and this would be nice to open!

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Hello, I’ll be in the club because I traded my LE bond with some cash to get a 60th with my distributor. Im not upset at not having assets after seeing the clips that were in the main game. I got the feeling that there wasn’t going to be much they could do to get it to a place where I’d enjoy it so I thought a pure pinball experience with Bond theme music was a better option. I hope to receive mine in the next week hopefully. My birthday is next Wednesday and this would be nice to open!

Ha. My birthday is in a couple weeks and was thinking the same thing.

#10 1 year ago

I don't think this one will get many updates beyond bug fixes. too difficult to get licensor approval is my guess which is why they pushed so hard to get to 1.0 before launch

I traded my stranger things LE for this bad boy and I've been without a game at home for three weeks. Killing me!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

I don't think this one will get many updates beyond bug fixes. too difficult to get licensor approval is my guess which is why they pushed so hard to get to 1.0 before launch
I traded my stranger things LE for this bad boy and I've been without a game at home for three weeks. Killing me!

I suspect you may be correct about that. That said… you shouldn’t have to wait too much longer now! Hoping the simplicity of the design and mechs also results in fewer (if any) fixes needed as well.

#12 1 year ago

so these are still not built and delivered ?

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

nobody has one yet, no.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

They are shipping however, so yes… they are built and being delivered (as per Gomez/Elwin on stream last night)

#15 1 year ago

Wish I could join someday. Have fun spinnin'

#16 1 year ago

thank god i can finally drain that other thread

and if you're in socal, send me a PM. you can play mine, i got it to share

y'all got your accessories? I ordered this for the keyring: https://usa.007store.com/products/aston-martin-db5-car-keychain-v2-007-keychain

Screenshot 2023-02-22 081157 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-22 081157 (resized).png

and then silicon washers from pinmonk and ninja balls from mezel also got a subwoofer and a line out kit from pinwoofer ready to install and a black pinshield

can ya tell i'm excited? i hope the fedex guy will take $50 to dolly the game in to the house

#17 1 year ago

Someone buy a vacation home in central Maine...I'll take care of the game during the long winter. I probably won't go stir crazy and kill my family during an axe rampage. Probably... scotchgard the rugs just in case tho

#18 1 year ago

I thought someone actually had to open one to start a club thread

Plus why would anybody want to abandon the endless flagellation in the hype thread....

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I thought someone actually had to open one to start a club thread
Plus why would anybody want to abandon the endless flagellation in the hype thread....

Nope. From the mods:

“So, owners threads can only be started once games are actually shipped.”

#20 1 year ago

i'm a little surprised there's no sideblade art, just the black box sides. i'm sure lots of mods will be made for this but i think mayyyyyyyyyyybe the only thing i'd do is mirror blades. this seems like one to leave stock

#21 1 year ago

i'm a little surprised there's no sideblade art, just the black box sides. i'm sure lots of mods will be made for this but i think mayyyyyyyyyyybe the only thing i'd do is mirror blades. this seems like one to leave stock

I think mirror blades would be sick on this one - I wish they came with them.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

They are shipping however, so yes… they are built and being delivered (as per Gomez/Elwin on stream last night)

I appreciate you waiting till Gomez or Elwin confirmed these are shipping, it’s super annoying when people make 12 club threads that are really just hype threads with endless speculation.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I appreciate you waiting till Gomez or Elwin confirmed these are shipping, it’s super annoying when people make 12 club threads that are really just hype threads with endless speculation.

I sent a message to a mod a few weeks ago specifically asking when it would be appropriate to avoid exactly that.

#24 1 year ago

and if you're in socal, send me a PM. you can play mine, i got it to share

I was hoping Shane would be crazy enough to put one at AYCE to flip.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was hoping Shane would be crazy enough to put one at AYCE to flip.

from what i understand he and cap will both have one on the floor

#26 1 year ago

from what i understand he and cap will both have one on the floor

Sweet. I definitely want to try it.

I'm very interested in the concept of modern solid state layouts. Beatles was a throwback but it tweaked some things to play more like a modern game. Bond60 is a legit full on modern take though. Old games just don't return the ball to the flipper that same way.

It takes less risks than TNA, I bet Keith has some wilder ideas that weren't appropriate for a retro-ish game aimed at older collectors, but it's still interesting.

#27 1 year ago

Can't wait! Looks fun and will be something more unique in the collection.

#28 1 year ago

I am pleased to report that the debate over the game's price rages on in the hype thread. Forever.

#29 1 year ago

I mean, we are gonna be sitting make crap up for a while yet before they arrive and we can harass each other for pics/details.

What aspects of it are you all most looking forward to or wondering about?

#30 1 year ago

Did they say anything about it being a modified cabinet like Beatles? That was my only lingering curiosity.

#31 1 year ago

Also did they mention anything about the IC stuff for doing achievements on both Bond games, or whatever that nonsense is. I haven't gotten that into Stern IC, but I know there was some pearl clutching over it.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did they say anything about it being a modified cabinet like Beatles? That was my only lingering curiosity.

I am fairly certain Gomez said something about the cab being the same as Beatles.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also did they mention anything about the IC stuff for doing achievements on both Bond games, or whatever that nonsense is. I haven't gotten that into Stern IC, but I know there was some pearl clutching over it.

I don’t remember them talking about the cross-over IC stuff actually… but could have missed it.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

One other initial comment - we all agree that this game was priced to increase its exclusivity and not because its inherent value dictated that price, so let’s agree to just minimize chatter about that now. Deal?
One question I did have after watching the stream was just how much time will be spent updating the code? They are obviously making a point of calling the release version 1.0, is that just to emphasize that all planned features are present and if so will they still be changing any details on the screen (adding animations, etc) or will they ONLY be doing bug-fixes?

I would not expect too much more in the code. Bug fixes and minor improvements only. More IC achievements too.

Watching Keith Elwin blow up his own game was pretty cool.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Ha. Well, it appears I got the echo-chamber / safe-space I wanted…
But… now I’m so lonely…
Oh, the humanity.

I think it will be a lonely club. Most people I know that have machines are not on Pinside or FB. They would rather spend their time playing and sharing pinball rather than typing on a forum.

I really appreciate Pinside and the Pinsiders who provide help when you cannot resolve an issue with a game. This is the main reason I joined. Stupidly, at the start I did listen to the negativity on Pinside and let the negativity influence some of our buying and selling decisions. Luckily, that did not last long. If we want to buy a game, we just buy it now. Every now and again I might bite back to some of the negativity but that is because I am cranky with myself for listening to it in the first place.

I am keen to see someone flipping this game in the loungeroom soon.. Watching Keith Elwin play makes me look like a really mediocre player.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think it will be a lonely club. Most people I know that have machines are not on Pinside or FB. They would rather spend their time playing and sharing pinball rather than typing on a forum.
I really appreciate Pinside and the Pinsiders who provide help when you cannot resolve an issue with a game. This is the main reason I joined. Stupidly, at the start I did listen to the negativity on Pinside and let the negativity influence some of our buying and selling decisions. Luckily, that did not last long. If we want to buy a game, we just buy it now. Every now and again I might bite back to some of the negativity but that is because I am cranky with myself for listening to it in the first place.
I am keen to see someone flipping this game in the loungeroom soon.. Watching Keith Elwin play makes me look like a really mediocre player.

Loneliness is the same as any other emotion… not a real thing, but your mind playing tricks on you by dumping some chemicals to try and make you do things that fulfill your biological imperatives. It ‘goes away’ once your brain decides it made you do things it wanted you to.

I guess I feel like Pinside is whatever you want it to be… there are a bunch of people on here bringing in all their own ‘stuff’ as well, whether it is looking to blow off steam from the frustrations in life (work/family/personal failings/etc.), make friends, help people, educate people, or even just chat with like-minded people. I never cease to be amazed how I can actually login looking to just rile people up over things I don’t even care about, and actually get riled up myself. Cracks me up.

Also - Keith makes EVERYBODY look like a mediocre player!

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would not expect too much more in the code. Bug fixes and minor improvements only. More IC achievements too.

I tend to agree with this… just would enjoy seeing some polish in the display and, as I said before, sort of dreaming but would live more songs.

#37 1 year ago

I still think it's going to be a little while before we start getting our games. rumored parts shortage

#38 1 year ago

This game looks killer thank god my friend locally is getting one just as stoked as he is

#39 1 year ago

Haven't got my call yet, but definitely in the club...actually stoked for this one!!!

#40 1 year ago

It’s safe to be excited for this game in here, right? Looking forward to it!

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

So far anyway… I got so used to fighting about it it feels like I forgot how to chat normally.

#42 1 year ago

I still think it's going to be a little while before we start getting our games. rumored parts shortage

On the stream, George Gomez said that most of the Bond60ths were already made. All export games had shipped and the domestic games will start shipping in the next few days.

I spoke with our distro in Australia today. He said that the Aussie and NZ Bond60ths had left the factory and were on their way. That usually means we should see ours halfway through April. We have not received our BondLE yet either.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

So far anyway… I got so used to fighting about it it feels like I forgot how to chat normally.

Forget about the interweb moaners. There is nothing we can say, do, or type that will help them lead better lives.

Games will be getting unboxed soon.. I am keen to see unboxing pics!

#44 1 year ago

Are all distributors charging above list price for these?

I see prices all over the map when I look. I probably waited too long to get a better price.

Robert

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

This will be the " safest" spot, lol. Im excited for it too....believe it will be a blast to play.

Trolls, whatever will come in, but usually not as fun for them as a hype/ speculation thread.

We'll tune out the noise and enjoy playing and tinkering with the game...

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Are all distributors charging above list price for these?
I see prices all over the map when I look. I probably waited too long to get a better price.
Robert

They weren't. Not really sure how many are left and who has them, but would think the legit distros would still be offering at list.

Price is very high ( already established) so think flippers will have a tough time jacking the $$$ on these, at least for awhile.

#47 1 year ago

If they're shipping these with the "exclusively included" topper, shouldn't that mean the other 500 toppers for the Gomez Bond should be hitting the street soon?

#48 1 year ago

I am also waiting for mine to ship, I was told end of Feb early March, anyone in the San Diego area feel free to hit me up and come play some on mine! I already have a list of friends and pinsiders that want to come play the game so I csn always add more!

#49 1 year ago

A distributor I have used in the past has these for sale. Not sure how many, but at least 1.

The only thing stopping me from getting it is what you'd expect...price, almost twice as much as my next closest game. And I've never seen or played it.

I know I probably sound like a whiner, but how do those that have ordered one justify the price?

Robert

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

A distributor I have used in the past has these for sale. Not sure how many, but at least 1.
The only thing stopping me from getting it is what you'd expect...price, almost twice as much as my next closest game. And I've never seen or played it.
I know I probably sound like a whiner, but how do those that have ordered one justify the price?
Robert

Why do you think we need to? To you or anyone else? For how long and in how many threads do you feel we need to do this? Repeating the same things… to people that aren’t even buying one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Contact
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.