IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 42.
#1651 8 months ago

A330FOATL - Its HO scale, found it on eBay

#1652 8 months ago

new high score. it sure is nerve wracking when the music...changes...like it does as you approach 007 multiball (i did not start it). this was my first time ever starting villain multiball as well

PXL_20230815_014607524 (resized).jpgPXL_20230815_014607524 (resized).jpg

#1653 8 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

new high score. it sure is nerve wracking when the music...changes...like it does as you approach 007 multiball (i did not start it). this was my first time ever starting villain multiball as well
[quoted image]

What a great score! I play this game so much, but still suck so bad. " Knowing" what to do vs. "actually doing it" has always been my downfall, lol.

Oddly brings a smile as it kicks my ass, however...

#1654 8 months ago

new goal (now that i lit the 40k and 10k lights at the same time ) is truly rolling the game. by my calculation that's 109,999 points...seems attainable, seeing as how i got like no points in villain or bond mbs this time around, nor did i play 007 mb

i had stranger things for 16 months and never got to the wizard mode. im not sure how to feel

#1655 8 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

new goal (now that i lit the 40k and 10k lights at the same time ) is truly rolling the game. by my calculation that's 109,999 points...seems attainable, seeing as how i got like no points in villain or bond mbs this time around, nor did i play 007 mb

I've been told the TRUE roll is supposed to be at 220k. At 110k the Over The Top light was intended to indicate a score of 110k then the 10k light should come on at 120k and so on, but it does not do that with the current release. Assume it'll be fixed whenever the next release comes out, hopefully also fixing the plural text errors like 1 More Loops. Truly minor stuff though.

bondscore.gifbondscore.gif
#1656 8 months ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I've been told the TRUE roll is supposed to be at 220k. At 110k the Over The Top light was intended to indicate a score of 110k then the 10k light should come on at 120k and so on, but it does not do that with the current release. Assume it'll be fixed whenever the next release comes out, hopefully also fixing the plural text errors like 1 More Loops. Truly minor stuff though.[quoted image]

I almost fainted when I read this post. Then I saw who posted it.

Carry on......

#1657 8 months ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I've been told the TRUE roll is supposed to be at 220k. At 110k the Over The Top light was intended to indicate a score of 110k then the 10k light should come on at 120k and so on, but it does not do that with the current release. Assume it'll be fixed whenever the next release comes out, hopefully also fixing the plural text errors like 1 More Loops. Truly minor stuff though.[quoted image]

Well, that sort of establishes the fact that "Over the Top" will only be seen in posts here, lol. Staggering....

I find it so satisfying however, that I can battle, battle, and battle, being thrilled with 35k, when dealing with billions of points on some of my other games. Such a great experience!!!!

#1658 8 months ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I've been told the TRUE roll is supposed to be at 220k... Truly minor stuff though.[quoted image]

knowing your source, i'm inclined to believe it. better hurry up and get at it before they update code again

1 week later
#1659 8 months ago

Having an issue with a couple of my drop targets. Solid direct hits and not dropping them. It is the 6 target in the MI6 row and the first inline target for the ball lock. I have had to hit the 6 target 4 times before to get it to drop. Adjustment?

#1660 8 months ago

Added a blue captive ball and a db5 to cover the diverter.

IMG_4699 (resized).jpegIMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
#1661 8 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Having an issue with a couple of my drop targets. Solid direct hits and not dropping them. It is the 6 target in the MI6 row and the first inline target for the ball lock. I have had to hit the 6 target 4 times before to get it to drop. Adjustment?

Some people have put in stronger springs but it may just be a matter of playing it more and getting it broken in.

#1662 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

[quoted image]

Cool mod. I think if I had a 60th, Id add a grey ball, representing Bond shooting the would be assasin. Looks great though and what a great game!

#1663 8 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cool mod. I think if I had a 60th, Id add a grey ball, representing Bond shooting the would be assasin. Looks great though and what a great game!

Good idea. I know white is available if gray isn’t

#1664 8 months ago

As a suggestion from another Pinside member, I swapped out both of my JB LE and JB60 speakers. Made a big difference compared to the stock Kenwood speakers for not much money. Here's the link to the ones I got for my JB60. Highly recommended!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8TKWS1

#1665 8 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

As a suggestion from another Pinside member, I swapped out both of my JB LE and JB60 speakers. Made a big difference compared to the stock Kenwood speakers for not much money. Here's the link to the ones I got for my JB60. Highly recommended!

Did you just remove the old ones and solder in these with the existing wires? If not how did you install and does it fit without any modifications to the hardware/panel?

#1666 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did you just remove the old ones and solder in these with the existing wires? If not how did you install and does it fit without any modifications to the hardware/panel?

I just removed the old speakers, kept the plexiglass under the speakers and the foam. Initially I removed the foam, but the center of the speakers don't line up perfectly, so I thought they looked better with the foam installed.

As far as soldering, I just removed the old connectors on the stock speakers (those were soldered) and then used crimped speaker connectors with the new speakers instead of soldering them on. Much more convenient and a cleaner look. I was amazed how much better the sound is, especially for $50!

#1667 8 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

any modding or soldering need to make the swap?

#1668 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

[quoted image]

Cool idea going for blue my friend! I changed all my Pinballs to white on my 60th. Game plays faster and more brutal, but loved how it looks!

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-24 a la(s) 11.15.06 a.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-08-24 a la(s) 11.15.06 a.m. (resized).png
#1669 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

No. I removed the solder from the stock speakers and then instead of soldering the connection on the new ones, I just crimped speaker connections and used that connection, so no soldering the new speakers. The entire installation took like 15 minutes.

#1670 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

If you absolutely wanted to avoid even de-soldering, you could clip the wires off the old speaker, then strip & crimp a connector on like A330FOATL did.

#1671 8 months ago

So following up on my left orbit not sticking in the bond scooop:

I just removed that top left post sleeve entirely. 100% shot success now! Should I feel bad about doing that? That post never seems to take a direct shot, so I can’t imagine why it’s needed there.

#1672 8 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Should I feel bad about doing that?

Nope!

#1673 8 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

I just removed the old speakers, kept the plexiglass under the speakers and the foam. Initially I removed the foam, but the center of the speakers don't line up perfectly, so I thought they looked better with the foam installed.
As far as soldering, I just removed the old connectors on the stock speakers (those were soldered) and then used crimped speaker connectors with the new speakers instead of soldering them on. Much more convenient and a cleaner look. I was amazed how much better the sound is, especially for $50!

purchased!

#1674 8 months ago

Awesome. I'll be curious to hear what you think!

#1675 8 months ago

My latest small upgrade. Swapped out the silver screws for black ones I picked up at Ace hardware. I think they were a few dollars!

IMG_1236 (resized).jpgIMG_1236 (resized).jpg
#1676 8 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I just removed that top left post sleeve entirely. 100% shot success now! Should I feel bad about doing that? That post never seems to take a direct shot, so I can’t imagine why it’s needed there.

Which one you removed my friend?

#1677 8 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can anyone provide more detail how removing a post sleeve creates 100% success in the Bond Scoop via the left oribit?

I haven't changed anything on my game. Infrequently a shot will go up the left orbit and land in the scoop, but it must be a soft shot, and still it is completely random when it happens. Most of the time, the orbit shot will loop around. This was the same with the location game I played.

I find that a delicate backhand from a left flipper cradle is the most reliable way to shoot the ball up into the Bond scoop (similar to backhanding from the right to sink the Mission MB scoop). It is still nowhere near 100% successful, but I just figured that was the most controlled method everyone was using.

Have I been doing it wrong? I still get to Bond MB, but not too often. I thought it was designed to be deliberately challenging.

#1678 8 months ago

Cool mod for game would be replacing the plastic with a few small micro machine scale AMC hornets doing the corkscrew.

IMG_4705 (resized).jpegIMG_4705 (resized).jpeg
#1679 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Can anyone provide more detail how removing a post sleeve creates 100% success in the Bond Scoop via the left oribit?

The ball hits the post rubber, which sticks out a hair. Tried buying a Titan Stern Slim post rubber, but they've been discontinued IIRC. I ended up bending the ball guide a hair so the ball could clear the post...I believe Karl DeAngelo suggested it. Works great now.

#1680 8 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Which one you removed my friend?

This one. Took it out completely.

8B9FB83D-408F-4193-B00A-2510FC0D0E33 (resized).jpeg8B9FB83D-408F-4193-B00A-2510FC0D0E33 (resized).jpeg
#1681 8 months ago

First time poster but long time lurker of Pinside.

I absolutely love anything James Bond and am probably getting this pin for my man cave since Venom isn’t out yet and good luck finding a NIB Godzilla LE.

All that to say, why is there so much hate around this version compared to the other 007 pin? I think this game looks amazing and anyone I’ve read from that’s played it has posted a positive experience.

Is it just the price point people have an issue with?

TIA!

#1682 8 months ago
Quoted from EsqueletoBlanco:

I absolutely love anything James Bond and am probably getting this pin for my man cave since Venom isn’t out yet and good luck finding a NIB Godzilla LE.
All that to say, why is there so much hate around this version compared to the other 007 pin? I think this game looks amazing and anyone I’ve read from that’s played it has posted a positive experience.
Is it just the price point people have issue with?
TIA!

I have 10 pins at home and would have to say this is in my top 3. First off, it's a great theme. I have this pin and the JB LE. They're both a lot of fun, but in different ways. I'd say of all my games, the JB 60th is one of those rare games that you just keep wanting to play over and over again. Hard to explain, but there is just something about it that keeps bringing you back. I've made a few changes to mine, but didn't over do it. I'm sure if you shop around a little, you can find one at a reasonable price. Good luck!

#1683 8 months ago

Pretty much.
Some simply discard a modern no wamp game without playing one.

#1684 8 months ago

Is it just the price point people have issue with?
TIA!

People complain mostly about the price, then about the art package, recently about all the "exclusive" accessories that are no longer exclusive and also all went to hell when distros started to sell them way below the price Stern said at the beginning. It's a shame because it overshadowed one of the best Pins ever in my opinion. Perhaps I'm biased because I'm a Bond fan, but as a Pinball enthusiast it's my favorite one so far and even though i'm not a incredible pinball player like everyone here (I'm ashamed actually of my score), it's the one I always go for a game and keep coming back every single time with a sense of joy and excitement. Great layout (Elwin proving once again why he is the goat), great music, addictive, fast and brutal gameplay and for me it's just gorgeous to look at. Everyone is going to have their opinion, my advice is if you have the opportunity to play one, go for it and tell us what you think. I guarantee it's going to surprise you.

#1685 8 months ago

TIA!

I have the cornerstone and the 60th. Both are a ton of fun to play. If you are a hardcore bond fan who really wants the movie clips, you cannot go wrong with the cornerstone (especially right now on a pro). The game play on the 60th has put it as one of my favorite pins. I'd say just try to play both before buying and pick the one you like the most. You can't go wrong with either one imo.

#1686 8 months ago

Just echoing the last post. I have both, love both, the code on the Cornerstone really has come together. The 60th is a blast to play, a very fast and brutal game.

#1687 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Stern's black rubber post sleeves are slightly flared, which makes them a hair thicker than something like an aftermarket silicone post sleeve. The ball imperceptibly clips the post on the left side of the figure 8 crossover, pushing it to the right, around the loop instead of straight into the scoop.

Replaced my factory rubber sleeve with a silicone sleeve and went from near-total failure to >90% success. That millimeter is huge.

#1688 8 months ago

TIA!

Alot of hate for pinball in general.....just check the "on fire" threads. Primary point is price...across all of them (oddly the same point of contention years ago, just more people in the hobby now). JB60 is a super easy target, but doesn't change the fact that it's one of my favorite games to play. Suggest you find one to decide for yourself. There will be no turning back. The absolute definition of "addictive play" with this machine.....

#1689 8 months ago

TIA!

I was an initial hater, now lover. I hated the initial prices they were selling for, but that's changed for the better (easy to pick one up for ~15k now). I hated the drops that wouldn't drop which makes an already difficult game wildly frustrating (but have fixed that by replacing the springs). Not a huge fan of the reels. Didn't like the PF LCD initially, but it's grown on me (and does have some pretty useful info on what's going and what to shoot for during gameplay). Not a fan of the PF artwork, but the cabinet and back glass artwork are pretty nice.

It's a great shooting, innovative old school game. I still think the price, design point and difficulty will hold it back from being wildly popular, but I could care less about that. I love the theme and prefer difficult games. As others have said, it's addictive...especially once it's been dialed in.

#1690 8 months ago

TIA!

This is a fun game with a quite a lot going for it. To name a few examples, it comes from a popular designer, has a fun layout, a good theme, and good software. I have really enjoyed mine. To me, the hate is standard internet keyboard commando stuff. They are mad because it’s expensive and limited. Instead of simply expressing that frustration, they resort to name calling and insults.

While I don’t believe anyone can predict the future, there are definitely short term market trends in Pinball collecting. This game is probably at its nadir for the next few years. If I were waiting and had the funds, I would go ahead and buy now. Rumors seem to support that games are being sold at or near original dealer cost (believed to be around 15-16k). Even the biggest turds eventually go up in price and this game is no turd, quite the opposite.

Best of luck in your hunt!

#1691 8 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern's black rubber post sleeves are slightly flared, which makes them a hair thicker than something like an aftermarket silicone post sleeve. The ball imperceptibly clips the post on the left side of the figure 8 crossover, pushing it to the right, around the loop instead of straight into the scoop.
Replaced my factory rubber sleeve with a silicone sleeve and went from near-total failure to >90% success. That millimeter is huge.

The tapered sleeve almost eliminated my drains from the right in-line targets, pushing the ball just a touch out and onto a flipper.

My left lane shots to the scoop are pretty consistent....might try the silicine sleeve to make it better. Could use all the help I can get!

#1692 8 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

This is a fun game with a quite a lot going for it. To name a few examples, it comes from a popular designer, has a fun layout, a good theme, and good software. I have really enjoyed mine. To me, the hate is standard internet keyboard commando stuff. They are mad because it’s expensive and limited. Instead of simply expressing that frustration, they resort to name calling and insults.
While I don’t believe anyone can predict the future, there are definitely short term market trends in Pinball collecting. This game is probably at its nadir for the next few years. If I were waiting and had the funds, I would go ahead and buy now. Rumors seem to support that games are being sold at or near original dealer cost (believed to be around 15-16k). Even the biggest turds eventually go up in price and this game is no turd, quite the opposite.
Best of luck in your hunt!

THIS. ^^^^^^^

#1693 8 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Just installed and def impressed. Thank you for the recommendation. I ended up desoldering the old connectors and then soldering them to the new ones. Very simple although I’m wearing glasses going forward and some of the solder almost went into my eye and the wire flicked up when desoldering. Crazy. Could have been really bad.

#1694 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just installed and def impressed. Thank you for the recommendation. I ended up desoldering the old connectors and then soldering them to the new ones. Very simple although I’m wearing glasses going forward and some of the solder almost went into my eye and the wire flicked up when desoldering. Crazy. Could have been really bad.

Great! I noticed right away background sounds that I didn't hear before. I think they are well worth the $50!

#1695 8 months ago

For those that replaced the drop springs with stronger ones, which ones did you buy? I'm going to order some part today for other games and can include them in the purchase. I've already adjusted mine by stretching the stock and it works well but why not have backup!

#1696 8 months ago

I just used the existing ones. Unhooked, then rehooked farther down the spring

#1697 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

For those that replaced the drop springs with stronger ones, which ones did you buy? I'm going to order some part today for other games and can include them in the purchase. I've already adjusted mine by stretching the stock and it works well but why not have backup!

Stern has an upgrade kit for the springs as a warranty item. Just call them and they will send them for free. I just did.

#1698 8 months ago

So this is where all the cool kids hang out? Plenty of old timer, familiar faces (avatars) I’m seeing in this club. Mine just landed, so can I join y’all?

0A56434B-F134-42DF-B58F-7B5FBAE7351A (resized).jpeg0A56434B-F134-42DF-B58F-7B5FBAE7351A (resized).jpeg

#1699 8 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

So this is where all the cool kids hang out? Plenty of old timer, familiar faces (avatars) in this club. Mine just landed, so can I join y’all?
[quoted image]

Relatively new in the club myself, but welcome! You’re in for a treat! What a game!

#1700 8 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

So this is where all the cool kids hang out? Plenty of old timer, familiar faces (avatars) I’m seeing in this club. Mine just landed, so can I join y’all?
[quoted image]

Welcome! Best club on Pinside. Please let us know what you think of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 26.50
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Contact
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,051 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/34?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.