IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dan1733.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 1 year ago

I thought someone actually had to open one to start a club thread

Plus why would anybody want to abandon the endless flagellation in the hype thread....

#28 1 year ago

I am pleased to report that the debate over the game's price rages on in the hype thread. Forever.

#60 1 year ago

So relaxing here.

and yet I cannot resist the urge to keep visiting the hype thread...

#94 1 year ago

Foo Fighters looks like a juggernaut

Yet for some reason, I still want this one. Despite 6 months of bad press.

#139 1 year ago

Thought for sure there would be some pics and video from tilt.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

First impressions:
Packaging was top notch.
Playfield finish is beautiful.
Played great right out of the box.
It’s super fast.
It’s a drain monster, and you can see it coming from a mile a way.
Figure 8 shot is really fun.
The reels are cool.
Love the low scoring.
I like the Oddjob hat disc.
The spinners are awesome.
I like that you can’t change the skill shot or inlane lights.
It’s fun to flip and unlike any game in my collection.
Topper is very cool. Changes lots of colors.
Lots of rejects from the targets. Especially those ones in a row
We had a blast playing it tonight. Very happy with my purchase. I look forward to more “Bonding” this weekend![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!!

Also, let me know if/when your done bonding with BM66 LE......

#160 1 year ago

I had same question. Flyer says it’s powder coat but looks like stern pro.

#176 1 year ago

I really like that flat finish. Hopefully its like the gunmetal finish on CCRr LE, which looks great as well.

I too did not want the crinkle-cut (or whatever its called) standard pro armor.

I will be apoplectic if I need to shell out another 120 for a shaker.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

There’s just no way that would be the case… it was on the list of included items, so I am not concerned we will get them (whether they forgot to include them in all our shipments installed may be another question…)

Just like the "exclusive" topper......

Sorry to bring up a sore subject during an exciting week. Had that topper truly been exclusive to the 60, it would have gone a long way to building and holding the value on this SLE model.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i mean i could see a NIB one going for a pretty penny at the 75th anniversary of the franchise, if the earth still exists by then
i don't think it will gain value, either, though. i think it's gonna stay at around 20k for a very long time.

Hope thats true. Would love to take a victory lap in the "hype" thread once in a while.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I do no think this game will build in value for quite a while. First, it needs to sell out. Then there needs to be more demand than supply before the sale price will go up.
Pinball is a hobby. We bought the game as my wife loves that style of game. We intend to play and share with all our family and friends. If you treat pinball as an investment strategy, prepare for boom and bust cycles. The popularity of the hobby today is amazing. Hopefully this continues

Agree with this. But when your hobby also involves moving them in and out regularly, it’s nice to know that the process can be accomplished efficiently.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Just to be clear… shaker IS to be included.
[quoted image]

To be equally clear the topper is exclusive. :/

If you define exclusive to be synonymous with non-exclusive.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

It showed up damaged. Retuning now.. insert another sad face...make it a double.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

seen that play

my heart is a little sad for you right now

#298 1 year ago

Every single owner I know loves this game. Can’t wait. Eff the hype thread.

#421 1 year ago

It is very fun.

Btw, another one without the shaker. Also, oddly, the dirtiest game I have ever unboxed. Dusty everywhere. Bolts were dirty.

Way to “go the extra mile” on this one.

#443 1 year ago

Anybody experience the black post that holds up odd job's hat being kind of beat up out of the box?

#481 1 year ago

So, I've owned most, though not all, of the spike 2 games. Some for just a few weeks. Others a couple times.

Botton line -- Bond 60 is the most addictive game of them all. The hype thread folks would say this is my subconscious trying to find a rationale for the price. Maybe, maybe not. But its a great game. I've played this one more than many that I owned for much longer periods of time. Maybe this conclusion should not be a surprise, since I loved the Beatles too. Which I now need to find again, so I have two the same size next to each other.

Would have loved real art blades. A heavy shooter rod like JP amber. A truly exclusive topper. A shaker! Things that would have been so simple, and cheap, for Stern to provide. At any rate, it's a shame a game this great got off to such a bad start. Like so other games that got off to a slow start, I predict this one will be hard to buy some day.

#520 1 year ago

Why do the inline and MI6 drops sometimes fail, when exposed to a direct, hard shot?

This is now my all time favorite game.

#558 1 year ago

I asked modfather to make us cups and shooters. He's got a full line for pro/pre/LE.

He suggested the Austin Powers material. :/

#576 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

#434 delivered!!!! pics tonight hopefully!!!!

flush the hype thread

#640 1 year ago

Anybody have the ball hang up on the right pop? at about 8 o'clock where the pop meets the plastic below it?

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Got mine yesterday. This is a good game, but it is very much an underbaked game. Better flow than Gomez JB. Better music. Better art. Better layout.
Ultra basic code.
I genuinely hope some serious updates are coming. This has the potential to be worth what we all paid, but it’s nowhere near where it needs to be.
[quoted image]

what more might/should they do with code updates?

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I think the center LCD display is incredibly poor UI design. Flashing though all the modes like a strobe lamp? A spectre logo at the only art? This is just not up to stern standards.
I also think the immersion in the theme is just not there. I’d like to see more callouts.
I’m not saying it’s bad, just saying there Are things that could be improved.

I don't disagree. But I am strongly guessing/predicting this game is 99.9% done.

#664 1 year ago

I will ask for more rules and code when I (never) get through what's there.

#674 1 year ago

I played this one more than any game I've owned, and many titles I've (sadly) had more than once. I can't imagine selling it any time soon.

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In their defense, if you had followed the Stern hype in the lead up to this going on sale, then stopped following it after that, I can understand being disappointed. Gomez hyped this as the version of the game that had everything from every Bond movie. The ultimate game for Bond fans. Go back and read the hype thread. It’s only after gameplay everyone realised what it was.

He absolutely did hype it that way. "Jaws?!? He's in there!!!"

Oh well.

#678 1 year ago

Lest we also forget the "exclusive" topper.....

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I know I’ve said it repeatedly, but that bothers me exactly zero. To be honest, I think it would look sort of stupid on one of the Gomez pins anyway.

Agreed. It looks like it was designed for the 60th, whether it was or not.

#686 1 year ago

Its probably going to be a fairly little club here. No reason not to treat each other well.

Leave the scrum over to the surprisingly never-ending hype thread.

Why does that exist BTW, now that the game is done and delivered?

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Technically he is, he’s on the playfield and I’m pretty sure his face shows up on the screen for the jaws mode, though I was so busy trying to keep my ball going I usually can’t look at the lcd . It may not be what some people wanted but they were discussing on Triple Drain a few weeks ago that there are no other licensed 007 products that include images from all the movies (I’m not a huge bond fan so that was just interesting to me).

I love the game. As is. But they clearly hid the ball. Namely, that the game had no movie or real music assets, not revealed until literally the night of the 60 stream.

#787 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

This is game is soooooo good.
Just reached Bond Multiball (collected all Bonds). Mucho fun.
Now to try and complete all the villains as well. That’s my next objective.

well done

feels like an impossible task. its a sick feeling losing a ball, when good things are starting to happen, and hearing the crunch of all the drop targets popping back up.

#806 12 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If anyone is having ball hang ups on the back side of the MI6 drop bank and the lowest pop bumper like I have had happing a lot increasing the pitch of the machine does not solve the issue.
Quick fix is to remove the plastic and remove the upper right clear post along with the clear star post.
Take the star post and install in the upper clear post location and it eliminates the ball from getting hung up between the rubber and the pop bumper and that stops the hang ups and eliminates the need to shake it free.
Downside is the clear post is not reusable in the original star post location due to the thread on the top of post. The plastics do not have a factory hole for them.
I will add a different thread and install the clear post later but for now all is working great.
Five minute fix with a needle nose pliers and you do not have to lift the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. Was having this exact issue.

#821 12 months ago

Finally played PF. Which was a fun game with a great theme. I'd like to own a standard some time. But it isn't half the game of Bond 60. Its not even close.

#872 11 months ago

I feel sad that so few will experience this top-shelf game. I haven't played anything else since this one arrived.

#896 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

yeah... it's hard not discuss the price, and I'm not hear to rain on the parade of everyone who can afford and is loving this game. I love it too (played at AYCE gogi in Van Nuys), it is refreshing "clean" compared to most modern Sterns, just a simple but fun playfield without distractions; a tribute to the great games of the past.
But I have to ask, is there anything on the playfield to justify the price? I mean is this game a cash grab by Stern? Couldn't they could have sold three times as many at half the price and made more money? Or are there very expensive aspects of the build I don't understand? (has this already been answered somewhere in this long thread?)
I feel like maybe it's not exactly a cash grab, but instead an effort to produce the most profitable (per individual machine) pin in Stern history? Like something that would look very impressive in a business report if someone was planning on taking a company public?
Either way, it's beautiful and I love it and will always play one on location when I find one. It is a bit of a shame though that Elwin's latest is so inaccessible to many.

Thanks. As owners we were waiting for yet another opinion on the price.

#924 11 months ago

Replacing t mold is one of the easiest projects.

Though I wouldn’t practice on this game....

2 weeks later
#1117 11 months ago

Broke 20k today and feel like it's my greatest pinball accomplishment ever. For a terrible player anyway. Had the extra ball lit too when I drained.

One day all of the these are going to be sold out, and its going to be a very different narrative around this game. Wait and see.....

1 month later
#1391 9 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I can't bring myself to unbox mine. I paid full MSRP the day of it's release. It is very tough to see them now listed for 5 to 6 thousand dollars less NIB...So if I open mine it's worth even a greater deal less. I'm not ever planning to sell mine. Just the idea of it being sold elsewhere for so much less really really sucks. I could definitely open it, play it, enjoy it, share it with friends and family, and stay off of the internet sites that have it listed.. That's one way to go I guess. I really wanted the satisfaction of knowing that I got a great game that is sought after and in high demand. I'm reminded of the Wonder Woman scene from Shallow Hal. These prices effectively "Shallow Hal, wants a Gal" ed me.

Lots of us have had this experience with other games. And probably this one. Its a towering game. I've owned almost every spike 2, many more than once, and this might be the one I like the most. I think you'll feel a lot better if you start playing it.

If you are still feeling bad after playing it, send me a PM and we can talk about alimony.

#1437 9 months ago

For those who are wondering, I still think this game is a masterpiece. In case you were wondering.

1 week later
#1476 8 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I noticed Stern related a promo video with their Bond accessories today. Looks like even the crappy shooter rod is no longer exclusive to the 60th now.

Saw that too. Every model now can have the shooter and armor of the 60th. Sigh. Icing on the "exclusive topper" cake. Thanks Stern.

Oh BTW, now all the pros and premiums can also have interior art blades. Something not available for the 60th. Thanks again, Stern.

#1477 8 months ago

Maybe someone can help me understand this. The flyer says "EXCLUSIVE Union Jack pinball shooter knob."

The armor is also listed under the headline of "EXCLUSIVES"

Seriously, someone should take this up with Stern. I get it, its a small thing, but its fraudulent. Simple as that.

#1480 8 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

"Exclusivity" is indeed a very small thing, for small minds. If it bothers you that someone else gets to enjoy a thing, take a long look in the mirror.
Yeah yeah, I know, "but I was buying an expensive collectible and that's part of the value. I was deceived!" Whatever. Don't buy collectibles, buy games you enjoy playing.

For 17k or 19k or 22k, you think honesty is too much to require of Stern? Autos, appliances, computers, if this was any other industry Stern would be sued. There have been successful class actions over deceptive advertising much less egregious than this.

#1501 8 months ago

If you feel like I do, and think Stern should advertise honestly, send me a PM.

And continue to enjoy this towering game.

1 month later
#1656 7 months ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I've been told the TRUE roll is supposed to be at 220k. At 110k the Over The Top light was intended to indicate a score of 110k then the 10k light should come on at 120k and so on, but it does not do that with the current release. Assume it'll be fixed whenever the next release comes out, hopefully also fixing the plural text errors like 1 More Loops. Truly minor stuff though.[quoted image]

I almost fainted when I read this post. Then I saw who posted it.

Carry on......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dan1733.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club?tu=dan1733 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.