(Topic ID: 27142)

Is X-Men's code too hard and therefore not fun for the average player to enjoy?

By Shapeshifter

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Donnyman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

On the face of it XM has great art, fast in your face gameplay, customs dots and sounds, Borg layout and yet many are selling.

There have been QC issues but it seems like the code is not fun.

Do Stern need to make it more 'TRON like'? Would this change current perceptions of the game?

#70 11 years ago

Having read all of above, a game stands or falls on the code, well, XM will. The potential is there. If they don't get the code to the point that the game becomes much more enjoyable, it will be a shame.

Also makes me realize how risky a pre-order is unless you know Lyman is doing the code or Keefer at JJP.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

Different strokes for different folks.
I guess I really posted this in the wrong thread. This wasn't about really being hard. I just think it isn't fun. I've knocked all the high scores off the game from the 1.21 update and score around $35MM on average.
I just don't think this game is fun...it is very poorly executed in it's current form, which I think makes it seem hard, when in actuality I should have more posted this as a 'it isn't a fun game thread.'
The other point is people aren't selling this game in groves at a loss because it is a winner. Right now this game is a stinker. Making excuses for it, only encourages Stern to release poor quality products in the future.
The game has potential but the code is terrible.

Changed thread title to match

I might be getting a Magneto soon but the code as it stands worries me big time. Keep wondering if I should have gone for ACDC instead.....

#88 11 years ago

Does the game get designed first and then the code come later or does the code get designed along side the game?

Surely it can't take so long to design a code? Writing it obviously takes time.

Should add these are questions as I know very little about code except it is going to make the difference as to whether XM sells like ACDC or not!

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do not think it is too hard just unbalanced and can get boring.
I think things should be simplified and restarting a mode flat out sucks
Ball times are too long and if things were simplified the game may not feel as much of a chore as it does

Some of the best rulesets in pinball are simple but totally addictive. Let's hope Lyman does a Tron on XM.

#96 11 years ago

Didn't someone speak to Gary Stern recently and he said Lyman was going to help? Or was that just a rumor??

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Not his game but I am sure they help each other out over there. I thought I remembered someone indicate that Stern or Gomez mention at PPE that Lyman would be lending a hand on the X-Men code. Not sure where they got that info though.

That was it. From Gomez seminar from memory........

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

It looks like that rumor came out in the big X-Men thread, markmon had stated:
"Friend at PPE said they announced that Lyman will be helping out. That's great news for us xmen owners."
So, the jury is out on that, but in any event, I'm in on this pin until the powerpack, always have been. We'll see what happens once the code is finalized, but it doesn't look like XMLE is the second coming of TRON LE by any stretch.
-Wes

Well, maybe Lyman will help out but unofficially

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-x-mens-code-too-hard-for-the-average-player-to-enjoy?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.