• 77 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Guys,
I'm totally struggling with this decision. I attended the Golden Gate Pinball Festival and played both quite a bit. They are both great games, but obviously completely different in almost every way.
My 9 year old daughter played both as well, and to my surprise thought Iron Maiden was more fun. And she wasn't too enamored with POTC. So I am considering her opinion a bit here.
I'm a novice emerging skills. I own a TNA and DILE. Both of which we love. My daughter plays TNA most. And as a family we really enjoy CO-OP and play it almost daily together.
Iron Maiden is just a fun game. Super fun shots. The target is a really appealing shot to younger players. Just a big target to shoot for. And because the game is balanced, younger players are well rewarded for just keeping the ball in play. For me, I like the rules, and all the ways to learn and score well.
POTC is just STUNNING in person. Super fun. But stuck on the idea that my favorite part about the POTC movies is the humor. And this is missing from the pin. But the implementation and machine is literally the most stunning thing I've ever seen in a machine. It stood out among all 400 pins at the show.
At this point I'm inching towards a IMDN Premium purchase, with shaker and HD glass. Because it fits in as a "special" shooting pin just like TNA and DILE. So basically I end up with 3 pins that have that extra shot refinement.
Help!

Definitely listen to your 9 year old.

But if you all truly play pinball as a family together, and she’s a big part of that experience, I guess it makes sense. My kids always weighed in heavily on what games to buy/sell etc., but at the end of the day they really didn’t play that much. So their opinion really wasn’t all that valid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Eau Claire, WI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-premium-or-jj-potc?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.