10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 months ago

I've played both, Pirates had the discs and the IMDN was a Pro. The theme will be a big influence on you, but game play wise IMDN is in a different league. To me the right hand side of Pirates playfield is dull, the ship mech does nothing for me, the left side is cool.

Also code wise JJP is a gamble IMO, had my Hobbit a year and half and the code is still half baked. That was JJP #2, and this is game #4. Yeah it will get finished, Stern are the same, etc, etc.

#52 9 months ago

I lean towards adrenaline/get the blood pumping, fast games that make you want to hit start again and again. IMDN has that in spades over Johnny Dep.

#53 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Good for u. It's a good call. Get the premium now and enjoy. After several months or so u change your mind, sell and get pirates. I too had a deposit down on pirates but with delay and changes, I cancelled. I may go back at sometime and pic it up before Christmas.

Why would you encourage him to downgrade after a few months?

#54 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I lean towards adrenaline/get the blood pumping, fast games that make you want to hit start again and again. IMDN has that in spades over Johnny Dep.

Quoted from gliebig:

You mean upgrade? lol. The one issue I find with those adrenaline pumping games is that they get old in a home environment, at least that's how I felt with ACDC and Metallica. The games with deep story based rulesets last far longer in my collection and overall I find them to be much more enjoyable. I understand players tend to prefer one ruleset style over another though. Looking forward to getting more time in on Iron Maiden on location.

#55 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's your thought process Gary.

#56 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You mean upgrade? lol. The one issue I find with those adrenaline pumping games is that they get old in a home environment, at least that's how I felt with ACDC and Metallica. The games with deep story based rulesets last far longer in my collection and overall I find them to be much more enjoyable. I understand players tend to prefer one ruleset style over another though. Looking forward to getting more time in on Iron Maiden on location.

hmmm. I'm completely the opposite.

#57 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As a game IMDN smashes MET and ACDC to bits, don't fall into the trap of comparing them just because they are metal bands. They play like EMs in comparison (no offence to EMs).

#58 9 months ago

Iron Maiden all the way! Why? Because IMDN kicks ass thats why!

#59 9 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I'm going to take the plunge on an Iron maiden premium. Just getting in some quotes to decide where to buy from.
I really appreciate all the diverse opinions. I'm really struggling with this.

Great choice. Your struggle will be over when IMDN Premium arrives. It is an incredible game that brings you back again and again.

#60 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Interesting to see how this question would be answered one year from now when both games have been out for a while and all code is final. Will Iron Maiden be just another Stern in a year? Will Pirates have the slow burn to awesomeness that Dialed In had? Will they both be well loved or just meh in a year?

Maiden is not "just another Stern". It's the occasional amazing Stern.

#61 9 months ago

Played imdn and it's cool. Not as great as the hype to me though. I'd rather have a deeper adventure game in home like pirates to better hold my attention. I have acdc and Metallica and acdc would have been gone awhile ago if not for being my favorite band. Metallica still Trump's them all IMO. Go off of what theme you prefer in this case. When potc was announced it was declared best game ever, and once imdn was shown, it was declared best game ever. The next game is always the best due to the hype train. Play both, decide on your own.

#62 9 months ago

All good points. I made the trip to the golden gate pinball festival with my daughter to specifically try these games to see what we had the most fun with.

Up to this point I had a deposit down on POTC. I love that machine. We also played all the other new Stern’s. ACNC. Lots of classics.

We just had the most fun on IMDN. My daughter played WOZ as well. And really liked it. But still she liked IMDN better and thought it was more fun. Maybe because she kept beating my score.

So trying to cut through the hype and decide for ourselves. So far we ended up with two pins with TNA and DILE that are total keepers for us. Hopefully we keep making good decisions!

#63 9 months ago

I was there too and you still have the best overall playing (and fun) JJP already IMO.
And I hate selfies.

Trust your daughter on this one.

#64 9 months ago

Did someone say selfie? I friggin hate selfies.

I'd like to add that Iron Maiden has no selfie mode.

images (resized).jpg

#65 9 months ago

easy choice for me. i would get iron maiden. fast and fun. code will get better. pirates is slow, been hearing about it for 8 months. premium on iron maiden still less $ than pirates.

#66 9 months ago

Iron Maiden is 100% less $$$ for sure. Well the pro is less $$$. The Premium and LE is with in the same price bucket. Better game, to early to tell. Once both games have been in homes for 3 months, report back.

#67 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Iron Maiden is 100% less $$$ for sure. Well the pro is less $$$. The Premium and LE is with in the same price bucket. Better game, to early to tell. Once both games have been in homes for 3 months, report back.

I agree with Skyemont, good grief! I honestly think the comparisons will go away. They are so different, and both great, with the only similarity roughly the release date.

#68 9 months ago

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I like Pirates more.

#69 9 months ago

Houdini! Better than maiden IMO.

But if your heart is set on one of the two I do agree that maiden seems more complete. (then again I'm a fan of the band so maybe biased? :O)

#70 9 months ago
Quoted from SecretlyATrap:

Houdini! Better than maiden IMO.
But if your heart is set on one of the two I do agree that maiden seems more complete. (then again I'm a fan of the band so maybe biased? :O)

No way Houdini is better than IMDN

#71 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Im with you ...sterns are great for the first few months for us and then they just lose their luster . Ive had dile for year now with thousands of plays and its just as great or better than it was day1 . I picked up a maiden pro yesterday and its fun with neat layout but i don't get that special feeling like i do with b/w pins and jjp. I dont see it making it the long haul much like all the other sterns ive had. Still fun to play now and one of their best since twdp and met imo. The little extra touches that jjp does really puts the pins above and beyond for a great experience at home . Regardless of our opinions its a good time for the hobby and im glad for all the options currently.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside