image-925.jpg
image-50.jpg
image-242.jpg
image-445.jpg
image-537.jpg
NG234_VB_999.jpg
image-788.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago

Fun game but bring the lube if you are in the market for one. Not many unmodded ones out there and those that are modded are priced at not exactly deal pricing (as you've seen already). Not saying that these are not the market as I don't know what the market really is for this pin but they aren't cheap.

Here is where I'm going to get flamed. Based off what I'm reading I don't see you as being a major Pinball Collector or enthusiast and that you are more looking to fill a gap in your collection/hobby room. If my interpretation is correct save yourself $4K and get a classic. You'll have an IM pinball machine to complete your collection plus you will still have the money to buy that Star Ship Troopers as well and still pocket nearly $2K. If you are a pinball enthusiast then save your money for the Pro but if you aren't then you have to do a cost benefit of what you are looking for especially with a machine like IM.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Man, I really appreciate that. Can't seem to even find a Classic in a decently marked down price range though. Cheapest I could find was that 3700 for everything on eBay. I am a little worried about quality and longevity issues with the Classic vs Pro. Funny thing is I was collecting Iron Man, wearing nerdy Iron Man tshirts to the gym and buying his comics before he was mainstream cool. Everyone wanted to be Spider-Man or Wolverine but not this guy. Now he has made three movies and an Avenger movie and all the kiddies want to put on the red and gold for Halloween. The market determines the prices I guess so if noobs like me are willing to pay 6k and above, then that's where the prices will stay. No I'm not a collector or super enthusiast like most of you. I have a cocktail table in the arcade room/iron man room that plays 410 classic games, the Captain America and the Avengers arcade, still looking for a low cost Police Trainer or Lethal Enforcer shooter and of course the piece de resistance, the IM man pin. Three sellers have contacted me and they are all around the same price.

I'll be the buzz kill. This solidifies my thought process. I truly think you will be just as satisfied with a classic. You are actually the perfect market for the classic as you are more into the theme than the actual pinball play. I've seen classics pop up here and there for sub $3K and I don't see why you couldn't find one for mid $2's if you are patient.

I'll give you some advise I wish someone would have told me when I first started in this hobby. DO NOT fall into the "gotta have it now" feeling with pinball. If so you will overpay just about everytime. The best way to do it is to set some funds aside and be patient for the right thing to come along. You may actually have better luck with cragslist and Mr. Pinball with a WTB add for a classic. To be frank, Pinside (or any pinball forum) is not going be the market for a classic With a WTB add be very causious as that is where the scammers get real bad. Try to pick something up but if you can't I can't recommend enough having someone check the pin out for you first. If nothing else they can confirm it really exist. Most on here would be willing to take a short trip to help out so you can post a request and location and I'd bet you'd get a bite.

Happy hunting and I wish you best of luck with your decision. This is a hard one to make. We all go through it at some point. Normally now is the, should I get the pro or the Prem version

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously?
The guy came here ASKING FOR OPINIONS.

Yeah and their is a right and wrong way to express ones opinion. Of course this being pinside we now have a lot of the wrong way to do it.

State your opinion but no need to badger the guy. He's obviously not a pinhead and is just wanting to fill a collection and have a game he can have fun with. Their are people out there with the classic IM, Batman and even the Pin and are actually happy with them. Would 99.9% of the members here be happy with them? Heck no, but our community doesn't represent the whole market.

With that said, $3K for a classic is high but if the OP is happy that is all that matters.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-in-the-market-for-an-iron-man-pin?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.