Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DarthAddy.jpg
2013-03-01_14.45.54.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Plus if you play on an LE if you change Loki to easy you will completely prevent the diverter to send the ball to the sweet hawkeye arrow ramp. Which would be a shame.

This isn't entirely true. The HE ramp is used A LOT in the latest update, not just at the beginning of the game anymore. It somehow knows when you need to make a BW/IM shot and diverts it as you get deeper into the game, modes, and multiballs.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If I understand the settings from the latest code, you can also select to divert the ball to the right flipper instead of the Hawkeye crossover by holding the right flipper button when the ball is going to the diverter. There is a setting in the game settings to allow this gameplay option.

Did you confirm this? I never had. I think markmon said that was a false interpretation of the readme file. But I never verified. Anyone know?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can now confirm after further playing/testing that with the setting for the diverter to "WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE", you can control whether the ball goes to the Hawkeye crossover ramp or the right flipper. The only time it appears that the selectable control does not work is when the lock is lit. When lock is lit it will automatically go to the lock to lock the ball.
The user control feature makes the crossover ramp an extra special feature to the game, and gives the player more to think about to achieve high scoring.

That is SICK! Thanks for confirming DC!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've been tweaking the game modes to give the game some more balance. Hawkeye I've left HARD/HARD, since it is the easiest shot of the game. But BW I've set to EASY/EASY (Which still is 2 to start and 6 to collect). The others I've mixed and matched.
I would like to see in a future update some more balance and reward for BW.

They still have an opportunity to utilize the spinner in the rules somehow. Maybe after X amount of spins it adds a ball into play. And the player now has a mini 2ball mb where the standard board rules are in effect so they can assemble/collect/vs mode/complete avengers while in the mini mb.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That would be best case... give BW some more meat on her bones . Maybe a new MB option (not just the VS), but something comparable to a Loki... then there is a lot of payoff for working that ramp.
If BW added some sort of extra MB, Loki could be turned to HARD, which would then mean most HE ramp shots feed back over to the left flipper for BW shots.... then you'd have a killer little combo possibility. I'm sure they want to roll out a Premium model, and making that HE crossover ramp more valuable would help sell Premiums. (Hey Stern lurkers... I know you hang out here and read this stuff.... please take this into consideration!)

The HE ramp rocks in The latest update! Plus there's a software adjustment to allow the user to control which way the ball goes!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from jaydawg0006:

Is there an option to control the bw ramp diverter as well? I hate when the diverter doesn't kick in when extra ball is lit and hulk is not.

No. Would be kind of cool but I kind of like how difficult it is to get the EB. Since its easy to light the eb it's nice to have that level of difficulty to collect it.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have not had a chance to play the game, but I have watched a lot of video. What you describe was something that I noticed. I completely agree that the post should be down and only up when the lock is lit. Flow = Good. Can't think of a good reason to leave it up.

I'm not sure why, perhaps it's code, but I notice sometimes it times itself right so the ball flows through fine no problem. Other times, it stops it.

#53 11 years ago

Time will tell. One things for sure. This pin is epic! Love it every time I play.

#55 11 years ago

You have, what I believe, the two best pins a person could have in a 2 pin lineup! ACDC and avengers are so awesome together. I keep switching back and forth between the two.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I hope there are more software updates. This game is fantastic, but just needs a couple more things dialed in. I would love an option to keep the lock post down unless loki lock is lit.
Is there an Avenger code wish list thread?
Played about 20 games this weekend with the diverter over ride settings and it is a blast being able to control where the ball goes.

Believe it or not I still have not tried this setting. I had a busy weekend and when I finally sat down to play last night I forgot to check for the adjustment! Anyway, is it as simole as hold left flipper to divert it left and right flipper to divert right?

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

SKB is one of the many good ones here in pinside. Always nice to see a fellow Canadian (and hopefully a Habs fan) too.
Here is a pick for you Darth_Chris. Me and my daughter for Halloween a few years ago.

Hahaha. That's an awesome pic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-change-a-stern-pinballs-difficulty?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.