Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DarthAddy.jpg
2013-03-01_14.45.54.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Im trying to change the difficulty on my Avengers. How do you change a pinballs difficulty?

#2 11 years ago

Go to adjustments to change everything by hand or installs menu to install easy, medium hard etc.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballwizardz:

How do you change a pinballs difficulty?

Those shots aren't going to get any less tight. However in the service menu there is an option to install to 'easy'.

#4 11 years ago

Yeah those shots are tight just looking for like 2 -3 shots to start a mode

#5 11 years ago

Does Avengers have outlane posts? You could move those in or out.

--Luke

#6 11 years ago

Yeah it does and I tried that but ended up putting them back because it left a big gap and the ball kept getting stuck. I think the shot difficulty needs to be moved to 2 - 3 shots to start a mode instead of 4

#7 11 years ago

Im trying to change the difficulty on my Avengers. How do you change a pinballs difficulty?

Take the glass off

#8 11 years ago

Just looking on how to change the difficulty in the menu and what to push/select to do it. From Hard to say Medium or Easy.

#9 11 years ago

open coin door, push the black button until you see the feature adjustment menu, scroll around with the two red buttons and select it with the black button. Find each avengers setting and change to whatever you want. Note that there are two sets of adjustments for each avenger so keep scrolling through the features list. pretty simple.

#10 11 years ago

I thought that there was just a gameplay adjustment thats just changed it all from Hard to Medium to Easy not go through each avengers shot I dont want to mess anything up

#11 11 years ago

I thought that there was just a gameplay adjustment thats just changed it all from Hard to Medium to Easy not go through each Avengers shot I dont want to mess anything up

Yeah, its in there. Go exploring you will find it in less than 2 minutes.

#12 11 years ago

Yeah it does and I tried that but ended up putting them back because it left a big gap and the ball kept getting stuck. I think the shot difficulty needs to be moved to 2 - 3 shots to start a mode instead of 4

Same thing happened when I moved the outlane post. I got a 1 1/4 inch screw, put on a small washer (it's at the top) then a couple of rubbers (not the small but the next size larger), put it in the old outlane post hole and I have not had any stuck balls since. You will have to loosen a couple of nuts on the plastic to get the screw in the hole but it went in fairly easy. Put a nut under the pf.

#13 11 years ago

I thought that there was just a gameplay adjustment thats just changed it all from Hard to Medium to Easy not go through each Avengers shot I dont want to mess anything up

The Install menu will do this. Before you make any changes, look at the Install section of the manual in the white pages. There should be a chart there that lists what each setting will change, including factory settings.

#14 11 years ago

After I moved the outlane post in a little, I also had balls getting stuck. This isn't ideal and is only temporary until I get around ordering a new post, but it works. Used a small ziptie around the posts

2013-03-01_14.45.54.jpg2013-03-01_14.45.54.jpg

1 week later
#15 11 years ago

How many shots to start a mode (Iron Man, Capt. America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor) in Avengers in each difficulty setting Extra Easy, Easy, Medium, Hard, Extra Hard? How many shots does each setting use?

#16 11 years ago

As you change it you will notice the remaining shots to complete a character are not lit. Usualy you need 4 but if you change it to easy you will see only 2 remain to be lit. This is better if you set each character seperatly. You can play as long you want with the menu cause the options always indicate which was the factory initial setting. So you can change it back any time you want. Also if you want to put black widow at easy (cause it's the hardest shot) you might want to keep hulk or thor at medium or hard. They are way too easy and will complete without any efforts.

#17 11 years ago

Plus if you play on an LE if you change Loki to easy you will completely prevent the diverter to send the ball to the sweet hawkeye arrow ramp. Which would be a shame.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Plus if you play on an LE if you change Loki to easy you will completely prevent the diverter to send the ball to the sweet hawkeye arrow ramp. Which would be a shame.

This isn't entirely true. The HE ramp is used A LOT in the latest update, not just at the beginning of the game anymore. It somehow knows when you need to make a BW/IM shot and diverts it as you get deeper into the game, modes, and multiballs.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This isn't entirely true. The HE ramp is used A LOT in the latest update, not just at the beginning of the game anymore. It somehow knows when you need to make a BW/IM shot and diverts it as you get deeper into the game, modes, and multiballs.

If I understand the settings from the latest code, you can also select to divert the ball to the right flipper instead of the Hawkeye crossover by holding the right flipper button when the ball is going to the diverter. There is a setting in the game settings to allow this gameplay option.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If I understand the settings from the latest code, you can also select to divert the ball to the right flipper instead of the Hawkeye crossover by holding the right flipper button when the ball is going to the diverter. There is a setting in the game settings to allow this gameplay option.

Did you confirm this? I never had. I think markmon said that was a false interpretation of the readme file. But I never verified. Anyone know?

#21 11 years ago

When I played it sure seemed that I was able to control the ball to go to the right if I held the right flipper early enough. Can you try it and let me know what you find? I believe you need to set it in the settings to be "WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE = game decision can be overridden by player"

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you confirm this? I never had. I think markmon said that was a false interpretation of the readme file. But I never verified. Anyone know?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

After I moved the outlane post in a little, I also had balls getting stuck. This isn't ideal and is only temporary until I get around ordering a new post, but it works. Used a small ziptie around the posts

Just push the ball farther in and it will get stuck and add a new ball : )

#24 11 years ago

You can also change it to a 5 Ball game if you want to make it easier. It's in the same menu.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

When I played it sure seemed that I was able to control the ball to go to the right if I held the right flipper early enough. Can you try it and let me know what you find? I believe you need to set it in the settings to be "WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE = game decision can be overridden by player"

I can now confirm after further playing/testing that with the setting for the diverter to "WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE", you can control whether the ball goes to the Hawkeye crossover ramp or the right flipper. The only time it appears that the selectable control does not work is when the lock is lit. When lock is lit it will automatically go to the lock to lock the ball.
The user control feature makes the crossover ramp an extra special feature to the game, and gives the player more to think about to achieve high scoring.

#26 11 years ago

Wow did not know that. I'll have to take the rest of the day off, call sick and go play ASAP

Quoted from DCFAN:I can now confirm after further playing/testing that with the setting for the diverter to "WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE", you can control whether the ball goes to the Hawkeye crossover ramp or the right flipper. The only time it appears that the selectable control does not work is when the lock is lit. When lock is lit it will automatically go to the lock to lock the ball.
The user control feature makes the crossover ramp an extra special feature to the game, and gives the player more to think about to achieve high scoring.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

You can also change it to a 5 Ball game if you want to make it easier. It's in the same menu.

Why not 10 balls and no glass

#28 11 years ago

I've been tweaking the game modes to give the game some more balance. Hawkeye I've left HARD/HARD, since it is the easiest shot of the game. But BW I've set to EASY/EASY (Which still is 2 to start and 6 to collect). The others I've mixed and matched.

I would like to see in a future update some more balance and reward for BW.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can now confirm after further playing/testing that with the setting for the diverter to "WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE", you can control whether the ball goes to the Hawkeye crossover ramp or the right flipper. The only time it appears that the selectable control does not work is when the lock is lit. When lock is lit it will automatically go to the lock to lock the ball.

That is SICK! Thanks for confirming DC!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've been tweaking the game modes to give the game some more balance. Hawkeye I've left HARD/HARD, since it is the easiest shot of the game. But BW I've set to EASY/EASY (Which still is 2 to start and 6 to collect). The others I've mixed and matched.
I would like to see in a future update some more balance and reward for BW.

They still have an opportunity to utilize the spinner in the rules somehow. Maybe after X amount of spins it adds a ball into play. And the player now has a mini 2ball mb where the standard board rules are in effect so they can assemble/collect/vs mode/complete avengers while in the mini mb.

#31 11 years ago

I just want to leave work and go play Avengers so badly!!!!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Why not 10 balls and no glass

10 ball is an option...3 Ball wasn't realistic for my skills (and family) and time I have to play on the machine. I can always go back & set it back to 3ball.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

3 Ball wasn't realistic for my skills (and family)

did you move the outlane posts in? I did, and can play a decent 3 ball game now. I still have lots of short 3 ball games, but the potential is there to rock it, which is all I ask.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

They still have an opportunity to utilize the spinner in the rules somehow. Maybe after X amount of spins it adds a ball into play. And the player now has a mini 2ball mb where the standard board rules are in effect so they can assemble/collect/vs mode/complete Avengers while in the mini mb.

That would be best case... give BW some more meat on her bones . Maybe a new MB option (not just the VS), but something comparable to a Loki... then there is a lot of payoff for working that ramp.

If BW added some sort of extra MB, Loki could be turned to HARD, which would then mean most HE ramp shots feed back over to the left flipper for BW shots.... then you'd have a killer little combo possibility. I'm sure they want to roll out a Premium model, and making that HE crossover ramp more valuable would help sell Premiums. (Hey Stern lurkers... I know you hang out here and read this stuff.... please take this into consideration!)

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That would be best case... give BW some more meat on her bones . Maybe a new MB option (not just the VS), but something comparable to a Loki... then there is a lot of payoff for working that ramp.
If BW added some sort of extra MB, Loki could be turned to HARD, which would then mean most HE ramp shots feed back over to the left flipper for BW shots.... then you'd have a killer little combo possibility. I'm sure they want to roll out a Premium model, and making that HE crossover ramp more valuable would help sell Premiums. (Hey Stern lurkers... I know you hang out here and read this stuff.... please take this into consideration!)

The HE ramp rocks in The latest update! Plus there's a software adjustment to allow the user to control which way the ball goes!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The HE ramp rocks in The latest update! Plus there's a software adjustment to allow the user to control which way the ball goes!

Yes, I cannot believe more people have not raved about this option. It really adds to the fun factor and depth. Maybe not many have set it to be on in their settings?

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there an option to control the bw ramp diverter as well? I hate when the diverter doesn't kick in when extra ball is lit and hulk is not.

#38 11 years ago

I love this game now. It just keeps getting better.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from jaydawg0006:

Is there an option to control the bw ramp diverter as well? I hate when the diverter doesn't kick in when extra ball is lit and hulk is not.

No. Would be kind of cool but I kind of like how difficult it is to get the EB. Since its easy to light the eb it's nice to have that level of difficulty to collect it.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from jaydawg0006:

I am surprised that they have not programmed it to automatically go to the saucer when extra ball is lit.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

was reading this thread and finally changed this to override. adds even more depth to a great game.

I wish the up post near the loki lock was not up all the time. Just leave it up when it's time to lock the ball. I feel that it holds the ball to long and detracts from the flow of the right return ramp. Just have the post pop down @ the correct times unless lock is lit.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

was reading this thread and finally changed this to override. adds even more depth to a great game.
I wish the up post near the loki lock was not up all the time. Just leave it up when it's time to lock the ball. I feel that it holds the ball to long and detracts from the flow of the right return ramp. Just have the post pop down @ the correct times unless lock is lit.

I have not had a chance to play the game, but I have watched a lot of video. What you describe was something that I noticed. I completely agree that the post should be down and only up when the lock is lit. Flow = Good. Can't think of a good reason to leave it up.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

+1

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

did you move the outlane posts in? I did, and can play a decent 3 ball game now. I still have lots of short 3 ball games, but the potential is there to rock it, which is all I ask.

I moved the post & added one where the old one was to prevent ball hang ups..

#45 11 years ago

So when I set Weighted + OverRide. How exactly does the manual ramp divertor work and what switch does it make the choice bottom switch before the ramp up or the top opto.

Also is it HLD right flipper button down to divert to the hawkeye ramp or not hold. I think it's hold, but sometimes when I hold it still diverts lower to the right. Maybe I am not holding the button down @ the right time?

I see the difference when I set this just trying to figure out the exact tile to hold/release and how it works.

As stated above from DCfan during loki lock you can not overRide, that is fore sure.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

So when I set Weighted + OverRide. How exactly does the manual ramp divertor work and what switch does it make the choice bottom switch before the ramp up or the top opto.
Also is it HLD right flipper button down to divert to the hawkeye ramp or not hold. I think it's hold, but sometimes when I hold it still diverts lower to the right. Maybe I am not holding the button down @ the right time?
I see the difference when I set this just trying to figure out the exact tile to hold/release and how it works.
As stated above from DCfan during loki lock you can not overRide, that is fore sure.

You have to hold the flipper button down before it gets to the top of the Hawkeye ramp where the diverter is located. The right flipper button sends the ball to the right flipper, the left flipper button sends the ball to the left flipper. The diverter is behind the Quinjet plastic (upper right corner). You have to be quick because the ball goes fast around that corner.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The right flipper button sends the ball to the right flipper, the left flipper button sends the ball to the left flipper.

Got it cool that makes sense gotta be really quick on the left flipper.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have not had a chance to play the game, but I have watched a lot of video. What you describe was something that I noticed. I completely agree that the post should be down and only up when the lock is lit. Flow = Good. Can't think of a good reason to leave it up.

I'm not sure why, perhaps it's code, but I notice sometimes it times itself right so the ball flows through fine no problem. Other times, it stops it.

#49 11 years ago

From what I have seen, it seems like if there are no balls in the lock, and the lock is not yet lit, the post is up and stays up. Only once the ball is held for a second does it go down. For example, when you soft plunge for a CA skill shot, it stops the ball for a second. In these circumstances, I think the post should be down and stay down.

But as you say SKB, there are times that the ball flows though. From what I have seen, it seems like if there is a ball or two locked, and you have, for example, Hulk MB running, if you make a HE shot, it senses that the ball is coming and lets one out of the lock before the HE shot gets to the lock. Then it keeps the new ball in the lock (i.e. keeping either 1 or 2 balls properly in the lock). This seems really cool. Good flow.

Keeping the post down when lock is not lit and no balls are locked would improve the flow even more IMO.

#50 11 years ago

I think the Loki post timing is more a bug than anything. They just need to add a few more seconds to let the ball through if it is moving slowly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-change-a-stern-pinballs-difficulty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.