Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 years ago

pretty obvious that this roll out without a price was just so Stern can see the reaction and adjust as needed prior to the 6th.

They try to milk it for all they can and hoped people would jump. No details on real price and just 'leaked' stuff, lol.
Then they get guys like FUN to come on here and try and hype that it is super limited and half will be going overseas. "get it now, before it is gone" bs

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well how do we know how well it will sell when it has not even been officially announced with perhaps a couple launch parties and pricing for all models. Honestly 1964 is not a huge number, especially if half go over seas. I am sure operators are chopping at the bit on this. They may pretend they are not interested-but they are. If it truly is up to distributors to decide how much they want to charge then you know the distributors that will try and bend people over. The question is where is the sweet spot for pricing? What did Stern charge for Pabst Can Crusher and Whoa Nellies? Beatles should be relative to those titles in terms of pricing. Also whoever keeps saying Beatles is for Beta Males? Beta males are sheep, Alpha males don't give a shit about other people's opinions and thus would purchase a Beatles without caring what other people think. http://tobealpha.com/alpha-vs-beta-males/
Also people stating that Stern screwed up on Star Wars? Sorry but Star Wars is a masterpiece. People say it does not have enough toys? Are you kidding me, the hyperloop is the biggest feature to come along in a long time. Exploding Death Star is one of the best feelings in all of pinball. Sorry but Star Wars kicks ass, and Stern did a great job with it. The Star Wars analogy is worst than the carguments.
Not trying to justify the Beatles(I still think it is ridiculous) but I think they will sell just fine.

at PRO pricing I would CONSIDER one for route, but any more and it is not an option.

Just too many other/ better and more recognized licenses for route if you are doing smart business.
If you go on route the general public playing pinball is more of the 25-45 range and not as many 50+
Sure Beatles is recognizable to the younger generations but they are not the core.

Put a Beatles next to GOTG, DP, SW, DI, ACNC, pretty much any newer release and those games will get played equal if not more. Given that, Beatles needs to be priced the same to even be in the running. Esp with so many classics that are proven to do better and so many other new games coming out.

Dollar for Dollar if this is price at AP or JJP prices then Beatles is bottom of the barrel on that price bracket.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Probably not the best comparison. I'd bet The Beatles would kill a DI in rout earnings and it costs less.

8k for Beatles I thought?

I can assure you that DI has done surprisingly well and for the duration.

JJP pins have proven to be consistent earners on route. Hard to justify the price tag up front but they earn their keep (Hobbit dropped off and left, but there is a reason both Woz and DI are still around )

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I heard there is a chance they will get one.

interesting, where did you hear this?

Quoted from pinmister:

Dude you are chopping at the bit on this one-I know you are
You will end up getting one and you will probably do a launch party!
It's all good

If we did get one, you can be sure of a Launch party, they are a good time! (and we have 2 official Stern Army locations so makes sense)
I dont see it though as the prices I have heard are 8k for Gold and that aint happening.

If distributors really do have leaway with pricing on this one and no bottom, then it may make sense for them to buy the 10 pack and sell the diamond for 25k to offset the pricing on the golds to push them along.

As I said, at Pro pricing then it would be a contender for my personal money to put on route. Anything more and I would buy many other titles in advance.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

They re-themed a seawitch! I think the savings right there pays for the license.
-Mike

It does, but Geoge Gomez just complains about how expensive drop targets are, LOL.

Are these even controlled drops?

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Most people are getting quoted 7600-7800. And be reasonable, there's no way The Beatles theme is not going to draw in more plays. Add in that it's simple to follow and it's just going to be a lot more appealing to casual or newer players then DI. DI is a really good game and pinball people will like it. But mom jeans and cell phones are not going to attrack plays like The Beatles will be able to. If you can afford to buy JJP pins for rout then I think you are crazy to not be interested in this game just for it's rout potential. Is it over priced, you bet. Doesn't matter if it can earn as well as a JJP pin though.

curious, do you hobby operate? just trying to frame if your opinion is based on doing it your just a WAG?

My experience after over 5 years is that this is not the case.

Quoted from pinmister:

but they did limit the numbers

We REALLY need to stop with hit BS line. Stern has you hook line and sinker if you think 1964 is limited in any way! Even their absolute best games only sell around 2000 games (and that is when they have PRO pricing on the base model).

Take a comparable grade A title like SW. It had 3 model and the pro, pre, le price points. It has more mass appeal for route and the generation that plays on route. It still only sold <2000 copies by all account (being VERY generous you can simply double the number accounted for on Pinside and compare to other tracking sites).

Simply put a GREAT blockbuster title for Stern with 3 price tiers of Pro, Prem, LE only sells around 2000 games. A really good one may do 2500 games over a 3 year period with multiple runs and re-runs.

1964 is not limited and esp so at 8k for the base model.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and no sign that BEATLES sales are BAD so far.

well, compared to other titles which sell themselves I would say it is a pretty clear indicator of how bad sales are.

When a title is hot, people are calling their distributor.
When a title is not, the the distributor has to attempt to drum up sales.

I was cold called by a distributor I have never bought a game from asking if I was interested in Beatles. It was odd and telling to me.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

An interesting point.
These games don't have to fly off shelves to make the project a success.
Back in 1989, a Rolling Stones concert at Giants Stadium (70,000 tickets) would sell out in 20 minutes at $25 a ticket.
Now, the Stones play Barclays arena (18,000 seats) with tickets priced as high as $1500. And it takes until a week before the show to sell out. Nobody gives a shit. They are playing one night instead of 5 and making more money.
It's all speculation at this point. But everybody is taking every tiny little catnip chunk of available information and wildly amplifying it to coincide with their bias.
We might just have to wait this one out folks. We certainly can't draw any grand conclusions a week before the game is even officially revealed.

serious question? Are you now employed by Stern or have an application in?

First you come with the hype beast and now that the majority of Pinside has shared their opinion on the game/pricing you are in deflect mode.

It is honestly very odd how you are acting now and seems like such a dramatic change that there must be an underlying reason. You are such a huslter and a smart dude, that you seem to have a motive behind most things. This stance on Beatles seems very purposeful for you.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I don't route any of my games. I support our local ops though and know most of them personally. I see what comes and goes, what's getting played the most, and what non pinball friends of mine do when we go to a barcade. No one has made more factually incorrect wild ass statement on pinside then you.
You know your group is going to get a The Beatles so why not put it right next to DI and see what happens? You can prove me wrong.

I honestly dont think that we or me personally will be getting a Beatles.

I would consider a nice Seawitch TBT, and can promise that would do better that either game dollar for dollar

I am hopeful that the rumored pricing is all just a tester and Stern comes out with PRO pricing on the gold edition. At least then the title could enter the conversation (I love the Beatles as I grew up with them playing in the house on the reg, so would be a cool title if the price made sense)

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from TK2012:

All you need is 15000 plays when it`s on route. All is good then.

You are assuming $1 per play of course and 50% split with bar. Dont forget taxes and upkeep costs plus your time

Only 825 hours of constant play (at 3 min avg game time; std replays/matches.) Then add in for parts to be broken, time, etc... that will happen during that 825 hours and more like 1000 hours of constant play to pay it off.

20,000 plays...

LOL

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Not much to go wrong on this game as the playfield has very little on it!

you obviously have not maintained a Stern with drop targets. They have issues with single drops. I can imagine how the likely controlled drop target banks have been cost cut into a maintenance nightmare... PLan on just repinning all the connectors form the get go and replace all the plastic shelfs with the correct ones if you are gonna route it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.