Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I THINK BEATLES IS GONNA SELL GREAT!!!!

Great? In all the many threads and postings, I've only seen one person that expressed any interest in getting one. Plenty of Beatles fans that were ready to throw down money passed. Granted, there are other customers out there not on pinside but I see no evidence this is going to sell well at all. They should of limited it to a few hundred.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sales are BAD on this title? I didn't think its even for sale yet. I didn't see the flyers and grid yet.

It's SALES bro. And yes they are BAD. Even though the game isn't for SALE yet.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and no sign that BEATLES sales are BAD so far.

well, compared to other titles which sell themselves I would say it is a pretty clear indicator of how bad sales are.

When a title is hot, people are calling their distributor.
When a title is not, the the distributor has to attempt to drum up sales.

I was cold called by a distributor I have never bought a game from asking if I was interested in Beatles. It was odd and telling to me.

#104 5 years ago

Maybe it will get blown out like WOF in a year? If I remember right that happened with the Yellow Submarine jukebox a decade back as well.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All true.
Beatles is going to cost less money, be more reliable, and make more money than any JJP on route. Seems like a much more sound investment for a location kinpin to bring in the cabbage!

LOL!

#106 5 years ago

I got emails from several ditributors to buy MBR and OKTOBERFEST but nothing from any vendors selling BEATLES. I guess it goes on sale 11-6?

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well, compared to other titles which sell themselves I would say it is a pretty clear indicator of how bad sales are.
When a title is hot, people are calling their distributor.
When a title is not, the the distributor has to attempt to drum up sales.
I was cold called by a distributor I have never bought a game from asking if I was interested in Beatles. It was odd and telling to me.

An interesting point.

These games don't have to fly off shelves overnight to make the project a success, which seems to be the artificial barometer being used here.

Back in 1989, a Rolling Stones concert at Giants Stadium (70,000 tickets) would sell out in 20 minutes at $25 a ticket.

Now, the Stones play Barclays arena (18,000 seats) with tickets priced as high as $1500. And it takes until a week before the show to sell out, if it even does. Nobody gives a shit. They are playing one night instead of 5 and making more money.

It's all speculation at this point. But everybody is taking every tiny little catnip chunk of available information and wildly amplifying it to coincide with their bias.

We might just have to wait this one out folks. We certainly can't draw any grand conclusions a week before the game is even officially revealed.

I think you know my current thoughts on it - like everybody else I've made my opinions clear in half a dozen threads already.

#108 5 years ago

I have good relationships with several distributors and I have gotten called before on Batman66, and I felt like it was an honor that someone valued my business and reached out to me. At the end of the day, if they are overpriced-they will sit. Prices may need to be adjusted to sell-time will tell. What everyone keeps overlooking is the theme potential. I can't think of many people that would not want a Beatles pinball. The universal attraction will sell them, at what price-TBD.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, do you hobby operate? just trying to frame if your opinion is based on doing it your just a WAG?
My experience after over 5 years is that this is not the case.

I don't route any of my games. I support our local ops though and know most of them personally. I see what comes and goes, what's getting played the most, and what non pinball friends of mine do when we go to a barcade. No one has made more factually incorrect wild ass statement on pinside then you.

You know your group is going to get a The Beatles so why not put it right next to DI and see what happens? You can prove me wrong.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

An interesting point.
These games don't have to fly off shelves to make the project a success.
Back in 1989, a Rolling Stones concert at Giants Stadium (70,000 tickets) would sell out in 20 minutes at $25 a ticket.
Now, the Stones play Barclays arena (18,000 seats) with tickets priced as high as $1500. And it takes until a week before the show to sell out. Nobody gives a shit. They are playing one night instead of 5 and making more money.
It's all speculation at this point. But everybody is taking every tiny little catnip chunk of available information and wildly amplifying it to coincide with their bias.
We might just have to wait this one out folks. We certainly can't draw any grand conclusions a week before the game is even officially revealed.

serious question? Are you now employed by Stern or have an application in?

First you come with the hype beast and now that the majority of Pinside has shared their opinion on the game/pricing you are in deflect mode.

It is honestly very odd how you are acting now and seems like such a dramatic change that there must be an underlying reason. You are such a huslter and a smart dude, that you seem to have a motive behind most things. This stance on Beatles seems very purposeful for you.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

First you come with the hype beast and now that the majority of Pinside has shared their opinion on the game/pricing you are in deflect mode.
It is honestly very odd how you are acting now and seems like such a dramatic change that there must be an underlying reason. You are such a huslter and a smart dude, that you seem to have a motive behind most things. This stance on Beatles seems very purposeful for you.

Serious question; why are you trolling me when I'm actually tying to have a civil, intelligent conversation with you?

My all time favorite thing on pinside right now is people who have never liked me or my posts complaining that I don't post like used to.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I don't route any of my games. I support our local ops though and know most of them personally. I see what comes and goes, what's getting played the most, and what non pinball friends of mine do when we go to a barcade. No one has made more factually incorrect wild ass statement on pinside then you.
You know your group is going to get a The Beatles so why not put it right next to DI and see what happens? You can prove me wrong.

DI is a terrible earner. Great game, but the theme is unknown to the general public (I own and route one, will be selling it in the future though)

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have good relationships with several distributors and I have gotten called before on Batman66, and I felt like it was an honor that someone valued my business and reached out to me. At the end of the day, if they are overpriced-they will sit. Prices may need to be adjusted to sell-time will tell. What everyone keeps overlooking is the theme potential. I can't think of many people that would not want a Beatles pinball. The universal attraction will sell them, at what price-TBD.

You are correct about people wanting a Beatles pin. The question is do they want THIS Beatles pin, and so far..much of it is a resounding no. That being said....that's pretty much the status quo for almost every new pin coming out until people get their hands on it so time will tell.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I honestly dont think that we or me personally will be getting a Beatles.

I would consider a nice Seawitch TBT, and can promise that would do better that either game dollar for dollar

I am hopeful that the rumored pricing is all just a tester and Stern comes out with PRO pricing on the gold edition. At least then the title could enter the conversation (I love the Beatles as I grew up with them playing in the house on the reg, so would be a cool title if the price made sense)

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agreed with everything you said right up until the “smart dude” part.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agreed with everything you said right up until the “smart dude” part.

Wait.....

Levi is a girl?????

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Wait.....
Levi is a girl?????

Kind of

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You are correct about people wanting a Beatles pin. The question is do they want THIS Beatles pin, and so far..much of it is a resounding no.

People want a Beatles pinball, but simply do not agree with the pricing structure-including myself.

I have zero interest in Beatles because I like modern machines. I do think it is cool that Stern re-issued/designed into a modern Seawitch. I feel there is a niche for older games and I think it will help balance out the hobbies different genres of collectors. I am disappointed by Stern not capitalizing on the franchise and making a modern pinball machine, but those are selfish thoughts. What about the people who enjoy and want to play the classic games? Now there is something for everyone. It's all good, because now my money is safe for the next title-Munsters(hoping it is spectacular!)

#119 5 years ago

Can someone post a side by side pic of this game and seawitch?

#120 5 years ago

Maybe they should have made Sandwich instead of seawitch 2 or the Beatles.

Featuring all the classic Sammie’s we love. Ham and cheese, beef dip, Pastrami on rye, BLT. Now that would have been a winner.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I am a huge Beatles fan. I have thousands of $$ in Beatles vinyl alone. I have a huge box of 50th Anniversary White Album stuff coming in within the next couple of weeks that I ordered the day it was announced.
I love Seawitch...one of my favorite classic Sterns of all time.
I have no interest in this game at its current price point.

So, I'm not a Beatles fan whatsoever, and quite honestly might only listen to one or two of their songs that come on the radio when I'm listening. However, this is not really the forum to debate such or my point (I'm not a hater, as I do realize their greatness and place in rock history). However, I do have a favorite Beatles memory that I wanted to share.

In the late 80's, as an upper classman in college I was an RA in a men's dorm. My junior year I had a couple of Freshmen move into the room next to me, and as a RA I was expected to make new students feel welcome and create friendships with them. Anyway, one of the guys was a bass player, so it was common for us to spend time together in his room messing around with the bass and playing along with various songs from his vinyl collection.

One night, he's teaching me some new chords and says there's a great bass line in a Beatles song I should play (I don't remember which song or album). Anyway, he digs through his collection and hands me the album. I pull the record out, and a small joint falls to the floor. As I was his RA, he immediately freaks out and swears it's not his, tells me he bought that album at a used record store, and had no idea that was in there. Having the power to get him expelled from school, I carefully examined the joint. Not that I'm an expert (never done any kind of drugs in my life, but I have been around my fair share), I noticed the joint wrapper had browned all over and even the pot didn't have any smell at all to it. So, I played it cool by not making a big deal out of it or even reporting the "incident", and counted it up to some 60's hippie stashing in there and forgetting about it.

We laughed about that time for the next couple of school years, and now I think of that experience 30 years later anytime something Beatles related comes up.

#122 5 years ago

Everyone is talking about putting one on route but can someone guarantee it will even have the code to accept coin? It doesn’t have a coin door, why would it have the code to support one.

#123 5 years ago

We don't even have a feature matrix yet, but people are supposed to be buying? The real morons are the people who are expecting these things to be selling already. Why would you buy a machine you know little about and have barely seen play? "

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Maybe they should have made Sandwich instead of seawitch 2 or the Beatles.
Featuring all the classic Sammie’s we love. Ham and cheese, beef dip, Pastrami on rye, BLT. Now that would have been a winner.

I'm in on Sandwich

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Wait.....
Levi is a girl?????

It depends on what gender you identify with at the current moment

#126 5 years ago

We have seen Stern possibly accidentally cross the so called line of age where people who are collectors are still buying and people who are planning for retirement and downsizing their housing and limiting their spending. This is a big mistake on Stern's part and I'm sure for those collectors and pinheads on the fence with this Beatles pinball their decision was made easier when they saw what the pinball machine had to offer. It's really lacking compared to modern pinball machines by Stern and other companies. They could have kept the retro feel and at least offered a more modern pinball experience while staying true to the Beatles era. I certainly thought they did a pretty good job on Elvis I would have hoped the Beatles would have similar toys and layout. Yeah it's Seawitch re-themed and that would be great if it was 1978 but it's 2018 and 40 years later pinball consumers certainly deserve a better effort from Stern. This thing has disaster written all over it and it could effect Stern's future titles as distributors could put pressure on Stern in the form of buyback dollars when they begin to push their next few pinball releases especially if distributors get stuck with this turd.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Everyone is talking about putting one on route but can someone guarantee it will even have the code to accept coin? It doesn’t have a coin door, why would it have the code to support one.

Operators will just let people leave quarters on the glass, trust system style.

#128 5 years ago

Stern needs to hit a grand slam with Munsters.

I am looking right past Beatles.

#129 5 years ago

Has anybody else heard the following prices?

$15k for Platinum
$30k for Diamond

I’m being serious here. Heard this from a big buyer that was offered at these prices.

#130 5 years ago

Definitely considering one to route.
If nobody else in Colorado picks one up, as we all have with EVERY title, then I'll have the only one! People will crowd around it to play, as pinball players do!
Quits earning? No problem, sell it off for less than MSRP, say....the price of a Stern pro! Sounds like people would be ok paying that.
Money made.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Has anybody else heard the following prices?
$15k for Platinum
$30k for Diamond
I’m being serious here. Heard this from a big buyer that was offered at these prices.

I've heard possible price from $50k down. WHO KNOWS?

#132 5 years ago

Seems pretty clear that the pinside crowd is taking a pass at this. I think the standard edition might have some appeal to die hard Beatles fans with cash to burn through. What I can't see is the two higher end models having any appeal to the serious Beatles collector. I would imagine that most of those people wouldn't have much interest in a contemporary item that has some perceived collectability simply by way of being limited in amount manufactured. At $50k, there are many other options for obtaining a period Beatles collectible that will be nearly guaranteed to always be in demand and go up in value over time.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Seems pretty clear that the pinside crowd is taking a pass at this.

Ok....before anyone has played it....?......ok.....

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok....before anyone has played it....?......ok.....

Hey.. I've played Seawitch while the jukebox was playing the Beatles........

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've heard possible price from $50k down. WHO KNOWS?

Based on the source, I feel fairly confident the $15k Platinum, $30K Diamond could be accurate.

#136 5 years ago

Well, at those prices we should at least get one more coder added to the team going forward

Crazy but more power to Stern if they pull it off.

business-commerce-fool-a_fool_and_his_money-invest-investor-investing-aba0638_low (resized).jpgbusiness-commerce-fool-a_fool_and_his_money-invest-investor-investing-aba0638_low (resized).jpg
#137 5 years ago

Why would anyone consider anything BUT the gold edition?

#138 5 years ago

All you need is 15000 plays when it`s on route. All is good then.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from TK2012:

All you need is 15000 plays when it`s on route. All is good then.

You are assuming $1 per play of course and 50% split with bar. Dont forget taxes and upkeep costs plus your time

Only 825 hours of constant play (at 3 min avg game time; std replays/matches.) Then add in for parts to be broken, time, etc... that will happen during that 825 hours and more like 1000 hours of constant play to pay it off.

20,000 plays...

LOL

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are assuming $1 per play of course and 50% split with bar. Dont forget taxes and upkeep costs plus your time
Only 825 hours of constant play (at 3 min avg game time; std replays/matches.) Then add in for parts to be broken, time, etc... that will happen during that 825 hours and more like 1000 hours of constant play to pay it off.
20,000 plays...
LOL

Not much to go wrong on this game as the playfield has very little on it!

#141 5 years ago

Friends dont let friends buy Beatles pinball machines.

#142 5 years ago

I was a big fan of later Beatles stuff, Ok with their early stuff. This machine looks like it should be sitting in a teenage girl’s bedroom in 1964, right on top of her hope chest. I am not a teenage girl from the sixties, the color scheme is a technicolor nightmare, and the playfield ia a simple flatwood re-theme. This is a definite pass.

However...

On location I would drop a dime (figure of speech, I know drop $1) on one game. If it was nostalgic enough, maybe play a couple of games to remember just how much more I would probably enjoy playing almost ANY modern day title that might be sitting next to it. It’s good for a little bit of nostalgia, but serious pinheads will walk right by it.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I was a big fan of later Beatles stuff, Ok with their early stuff. This machine looks like it should be sitting in a teenage girl’s bedroom in 1964, right on top of her hope chest. I am not a teenage girl from the sixties, the color scheme is a technicolor nightmare, and the playfield ia a simple flatwood re-theme. This is a definite pass.
However...
On location I would drop a dime (figure of speech, I know drop $1) on one game. If it was nostalgic enough, maybe play a couple of games to remember just how much more I would probably enjoy playing almost ANY modern day title that might be sitting next to it. It’s good for a little bit of nostalgia, but serious pinheads will walk right by it.

You must know many serious pinheads if you think they only play and enjoy modern games.

#144 5 years ago

Has there been any indication if there are actual differences in the tiers? Or are you just paying for a serial number?

#145 5 years ago

All playfields are the same with the same features.

#146 5 years ago

Per the publicity announcement:

"All models feature unique art packages and custom powder-coated armor. The 100 Diamond Editions are numbered, certified collectible and include a mirrored backglass. The 250 Platinum Editions are numbered and certified collectible."

Typically, when you certify something collectible with a certificate of authenticity, it's no longer collectible.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Typically, when you certify something collectible with a certificate of authenticity, it's no longer collectible.

This is what I have been saying......

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

People who were looking forward to this theme can and should be pissed off by the execution of it.

It's like Gary always says:

“We don’t ask consumers what they want. They don’t know. Instead we apply our brain power to what they need, and will want”

#149 5 years ago

ok good. then the GOLD edition is just fine. looking forward to playing it and see the song progression and LCD content.

Quoted from schudel5:

Per the publicity announcement:
"All models feature unique art packages and custom powder-coated armor. The 100 Diamond Editions are numbered, certified collectible and include a mirrored backglass. The 250 Platinum Editions are numbered and certified collectible."

#150 5 years ago

ok, I'm going to get a 10 pack and sell the 7 gold editions @ $10,000ea, but each person that buys a gold from me has a 2:7 chance at winning one of the platinum machines that they can do what they want

I'm going to keep the diamond for myself. who's in?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.