Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Best song on YS, by farrrrrrrrrr....I agree.

Agreed....

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

you can get a used pro of most games for 5k or less and they have alot more to them.

Don’t need lots of stuff for a game to be fun.

This game is pure old school fun.

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

George Gomez said he wants to do a Yellow Submarine version.

Inspired by the Yellow brick road version?

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Other than "Hey Bulldog" , there is not one song on YS that I would want to play pinball to.

If true, they only need what....8 songs?

Yellow Submarine
Eleanor Rigby
Nowhere Man
Sgt. Pepper
Lucy in the Sky
All you Need is Love
Hey Bulldog

Throw in 2 more from the era, done.

And the other album tracks are great too - It's Only A Norther Song, It's All Too Much, etc.

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don’t need lots of stuff for a game to be fun.
This game is pure old school fun.

I couldn’t agree more, played it at LAX for the first time, and absolutely loved it, I’d love to own one.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Comparing it a Pro is silly, sorry.
The game is outfitted like a Premium (not interested in digging into the details, which I've done in other threads).

Pro comparison is totally valid. This game is not outfitted like a modern Stern Premium. Sorry.

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Pro comparison is totally valid. This game is not outfitted like a modern Stern Premium. Sorry.

Here is an old post that backs up my assertion:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/72#post-4853021

If you think my photos or thinking is flawed, I'd love to hear why you think it's outfitted like a Pro.

I own one and could care less about the BOM, however this idea that it's outfitted like a Pro is a superficial knee-jerk reaction to the no ramps design.

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Which pro has 4 full sized flippers?
Which pro has 11 drop targets?
Which pro has a high end colored powder coat on the the legs an armor?
Which pro has multiple magnets?
Which pro has a metal powder coated apron?
Which pro has a spinning disk? (I realize Tron does but more modern pro versions like WWE, Kiss, Xmen have this only on the prem/LE)
Which pro has 2 optical spinners?
Which pro has a limited production run?

#959 4 years ago

For you BOM size queens...

Drop target banks cost more than ramps.

#960 4 years ago

Beatles is proof to me that you don’t have to have all kinds toys and gimmicks all over the playfield to be a good game, it’s just a fun shooting game.

#961 4 years ago

It passes the smile test.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Beatles is proof to me that you don’t have to have all kinds toys and gimmicks all over the playfield to be a good game, it’s just a fun shooting game.

Yep. I love many of the modern Stern games, however 80's drop target rich games still rock.

My other anecdotal proof that Beatles is well worth 6-7k is CQ 80's games sell for 6-7k (and obviously don't have the fancy LCD screen with tons of licensed content and callouts). For example, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-19.

#963 4 years ago

we just brought a Gold home on Saturday, love the game.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep. I love many of the modern Stern games, however 80's drop target rich games still rock.
My other anecdotal proof that Beatles is well worth 6-7k is CQ 80's games sell for 6-7k (and obviously don't have the fancy LCD screen with tons of licensed content and callouts). For example, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-19.

80s games are much more rare.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

80s games are much more rare.

Not really. Top rated games like Flash Gordon and Paragon were produced in very large numbers (~10,000 each)! Centaur/Fathom in the 3-4k units. 1,614 Beatles Gold will be produced.

What's rare (with 80's games) is finding beautiful examples that play perfectly and don't have maintenance problems. For example, I have an original HUO Paragon...that is pretty rare!

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not really. Top rated games like Flash Gordon and Paragon were produced in very large numbers (~10,000 each)! Centaur/Fathom in the 3-4k units. 1,614 Beatles Gold will be produced.
What's rare (with 80's games) is finding beautiful examples that play perfectly and don't have maintenance problems. For example, I have an original HUO Paragon...that is pretty rare!

That's why paragon and flash Gordon arnt worth near as much as a quicksilver which is much rarer.
No Beatles will be parted out or scrapped so there will always be almost all of them in the world.
There is far less then 50% of the 80s games left.

But I get it Beatles is a great game. But you can stop price pumping just cause you own one.

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

That's why paragon and flash Gordon arnt worth near as much as a quicksilver which is much rarer.
No Beatles will be parted out or scrapped so there will always be almost all of them in the world.
There is far less then 50% of the 80s games left.
But I get it Beatles is a great game. But you can stop price pumping just cause you own one.

Price pumping? Sorry to disappoint you, but pinball isn't a money making proposition for me. The conversation is about Pro vs. Premium, and the only reason I'm voicing my opinion is because Beatles Gold is much nicer than Stern Pro's.

Your assertion about rarity was off target. Fact is, top-rated 80's games in great condition sell for top dollar.

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Price pumping? Sorry to disappoint you, but pinball isn't a money making proposition for me. The conversation is about Pro vs. Premium, and the only reason I'm voicing my opinion is because Beatles Gold is much nicer than Stern Pro's.
Your assertion about rarity was off target. Fact is, top-rated 80's games in great condition sell for top dollar.

A mint paragon will never be worth a mint fathom . Because of rarity it's simple.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

A mint paragon will never be worth a mint fathom . Because of rarity it's simple.

Obviously.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

And its a better game so theres that also.

#971 4 years ago

beatles aint a bad pin but its definitly not a “diamond” for 20k. i would be in for 6 k. love me some cousin brucey.

#972 4 years ago

I did it. I ordered one (gold). One s/hand machine finally come up for sale in Australia and of course sold an hour before I messaged the guy
I definitely have FOMO and put a deposit on a new one coming in May. Damn expensive but I am pumped! ($13500 AUD/$8600 USD)
No income due to the Covid-19 situation and a big mortgage, so what do ya do? You buy a beatles gold pinball! Literally about to sell enough other crap to pay for and justify it.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

I did it. I ordered one (gold). One s/hand machine finally come up for sale in Australia and of course sold an hour before I messaged the guy
I definitely have FOMO and put a deposit on a new one coming in May. Damn expensive but I am pumped! ($13500 AUD/$8600 USD)

Do you know what it sold for?

You won't be disappointed with your purchase. On the 'Fun Scale' it's hard to beat.

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Do you know what it sold for?
You won't be disappointed with your purchase. On the 'Fun Scale' it's hard to beat.

it sold for 11k (AUD) with topper! But was in Queensland and would have cost about $800 to get to the west coast anyway...

#975 4 years ago

What's a fair price for a routed gold edition? Saw a few HUO ones sell on here for $6300.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.