hobbit.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
200.gif
Hobbit.jpg
hobbit.jpg
1358403732696.gif
image.jpg
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I'd expect a comment like this from someone with your level of cognitive impairment.

That's an attack. If any mod cares to ding people other than me for such things. Which you don't.

#152 10 years ago

Ack! DP

#153 10 years ago

NGG does have a true captive ball on a shaft, but Bart on TSPP is a single loose captive ball (no shaft) that pushes on the captive Bart / wheeled skateboard toy.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

NGG does have a true captive ball on a shaft, but Bart on TSPP is a single loose captive ball (no shaft) that pushes on the captive Bart / wheeled skateboard toy.

Tom has a newton ball.

#155 10 years ago

I'm a bit surprised no one in pinball has done an actual Newton's Cradle.

#156 10 years ago

Ac/dc premium bell kind of is one.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Sooo if you don't like WOZ you are automatically a stupid racist?

Dereks constant racist remarks on Facebook have made me not like him and also fueled that comment.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dereks constant racist remarks on Facebook have made me not like him and also fueled that comment.

So why are you friends with him on Facebook. Is it possible to stay on topic.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Rumor has it he also punched a kid with red hair in middle school.

I suggest we hate him for that as well.... And make sure to bring it to a JJP thread, which certainly needs a lot of help to swing off topic.....

On topic: i really like the unique outlanes "games" on WOz- I'm hoping that trend continues with TH- though the lower PF looks pretty traditional to me (kicker tho!)

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

On topic: i really like the unique outlanes "games" on WOz- I'm hoping that trend continues with TH- though the lower PF looks pretty traditional to me (kicker tho!)

Doesn't the lower half show some sort of target on each side in the outlane (to the right and above the kicker on the left side)?

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Doesn't the lower half show some sort of target on each side in the outlane (to the right and above the kicker on the left side)?

i see what your saying (kindof), but i confess that Im not adept at visualizing what all is going on based on these drawings....

Guess I need to wait for the dumbed-down versions later

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

yes, I remember them mentioning something about another nudge target while draining in an outlane... that would be them

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

So why are you friends with him on Facebook. Is it possible to stay on topic.

Hmm while I have only been facebook friends with Derek for a few months I haven't really noticed any racism on his posts, except that he isnt a fan of Obama maybe. Maybe he posted racist comments back when he lived in a more "urban" area? I never saw a klan hood at his place, for the record.

#164 10 years ago

Im interested to see the rest of the playfield lets gooo!

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Metallica was not sold and was never for sale?

He hung on to ACDC for a long time and still has it, wants to sell now because MOPLE makes it look old and boring

Derek isn't a bad guy, so what if he likes to buy and sell his games?

Wait, are you Derek's mom? And the trait being poked fun at a bit is his tendency to rave about games and then sell them in short order. Kinda "pinball ADD" behavior. Which calls into question his credibility when assessing any game. Not saying he's a bad guy (I met him at the JJP open house in Dec), just that his approach to pinball is very different from mine. I know which games I like and don't like, regardless of how new or old they are, or how popular or unpopular. And my opinions rarely change much ovr time. (Although I started to like the Shadow finally, after many years of "meh"!)

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That's an attack. If any mod cares to ding people other than me for such things. Which you don't.

Please, gambit. That was a general statement of an expectation and a comparative assessment, not an "attack." Learn the difference!

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Please, gambit. That was a general statement of an expectation and a comparative assessment, not an "attack." Learn the difference!

If I made the same assertion that you did, about your level of cognitive impairment, I would get a ban vote. Good for the goose.

#168 10 years ago

Can you start a Derrick thread for this? Haven't been on pinside in a while and not happy with the environment.

#169 10 years ago

I feel cognitively impaired after reading some of the drivel around here.

#170 10 years ago

I feel cognitively impaired after reading some of the drivel around here.

200.gif200.gif

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I'm a bit surprised no one in pinball has done an actual Newton's Cradle.

Just FYI
Strange science uses that in a sense in the atom smasher.
I think Heavy Metal Meltdown has a similar toy.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wait, are you Derek's mom? And the trait being poked fun at a bit is his tendency to rave about games and then sell them in short order. Kinda "pinball ADD" behavior. Which calls into question his credibility when assessing any game. Not saying he's a bad guy (I met him at the JJP open house in Dec), just that his approach to pinball is very different from mine. I know which games I like and don't like, regardless of how new or old they are, or how popular or unpopular. And my opinions rarely change much ovr time. (Although I started to like The Shadow finally, after many years of "meh"!)

Frigg off!

Quoted from bmunn1:

Can you start a Derrick thread for this? Haven't been on pinside in a while and not happy with the environment.

That would be something, I'm done anyway. Lets get back on topic someone finish the drawing and then see if the real thing is as good.

#173 10 years ago

What the hell racist remarks are you talking about bro? Really are you freaking serious ? I am so not racist and grew up with many other races and some of my best friends are of other ethnic groups.

#174 10 years ago

This forum has gone downhill fast since I stopped posting so regularly. It's barely readable these days.

#175 10 years ago

This small LCD teaser was uploaded a few months back April 19th in a WOZ update, some may have missed.

Our Team has started The Hobbit LE and the game is on track for 2014. We already know that it will have multiple metal ramps, multiple flippers, feature "That Dragon" and be a fast paced game. It's already easier since Joe + Co. can focus on game elements and not drawing thousands of parts that need to be tooled for the first time.

Jeff Busch is drawing the Hobbit LE artwork and the game will incorporate all three movies and we will be able to show some playfield details soon.

We are happy to announce that "Two Steps from Hell" will produce the music for The Hobbit Pinball Machine. Two Steps From Hell,was founded in 2006 by composers Nick Phoenix and Thomas Bergersen. Two Steps can be heard worldwide in the ad campaigns for blockbusters such as "Oz The Great And Powerful", "Harry Potter", Dark Knight", "The Hobbit", "Wolverine", "Skyfall", "Lord Of The Rings", "Spiderman", "Bourne Identity", "Indiana Jones 4" and "Lincoln".

Two Steps From Hell is at the forefront of a new "Epic" music genre and have almost a billion views on YouTube and have 3 top selling albums on iTunes. The first album "Invincible" is about to become a certified Gold record. Their music can also be heard featured in television shows such as "America's Got Talent", "X-Factor" and "The Super Bowl 2013". Nick and Thomas have also worked with Hans Zimmer on two films, Sherlock Holmes 2 and Pirates Of The Caribbean 4. Two Steps From Hell will wrap up the E3 convention this summer with a concert at Walt Disney Concert Hall on June 14. This is their premiere concert and features 130 musicians from around the world.

#176 10 years ago

Great stuff. Thanks.

Now for my part: patience...patience...patience...

#177 10 years ago

patiently waiting for this weeks update.....

#178 10 years ago

Being that there will be at least one WoZ at PAPA this week being used in a side tourney there just might be a software update this week. Looking towards giving it a whirl while there.

#179 10 years ago

Who's going to be the first jerk to complain about not having his Hobbit? Been heavily invested going on two months. It is gonna be epic.... just some random wailing to pass the time.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Being that there will be at least one WoZ at PAPA this week being used in a side tourney there just might be a software update this week. Looking towards giving it a whirl while there.

That would be great. Here's hoping the software update is released very soon!

#182 10 years ago

Nifty crazy-adjusting ball guide on the left side.

#183 10 years ago

ah nice...thats new.

#184 10 years ago

quick somebody put all the pictures together

#185 10 years ago

Medieval 2

image.jpgimage.jpg

#186 10 years ago

Pic of latest update.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#187 10 years ago

Looks like this game is filled with wireforms. Also that looks like there are three pop up toys now, and that they block shots. (Edit: make that 4 pop up toys, looks like another one above the arrow top center left) The target banks with standup targets behind them are cool too.

An interesting wireform in the far left looks like it might drop balls into the outlane and that they may (or may not) get plunged back into play...

-Jim

#189 10 years ago

...On steroids perhaps. 4 flippers!

Ps - beat me by 30 secs on iPhone photo upload lol

#190 10 years ago

Not digging 4 flippers but layout looks cool and pop ups are nice. Starting to lure me in.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

...On steroids perhaps. 4 flippers!

Wow

#192 10 years ago

Mmmmmmm, this is looking VERY TASTY!

Is that a throat popup between the flippers? Inserts are double lines, that one's single. At least three pop ups or subway entrances. Loads of wireforms. A variable kickback guide? What's with that cam over there?

hobbit.jpghobbit.jpg

#193 10 years ago

Speaking of the 4 flippers. Based on the full layout just cobbled together by Peter http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=1020788&bbat=120254&inline&fullsize
it looks like the shots on the right side of the field are better aligned to the lower left flipper leaving me to wonder what besides the standup targets near the hot dog insert that are best shot from the upper left flipper. I would imagine the upper right flipper is meant to shoot the toy as yet unrevealed on the upper left.

-Jim

#194 10 years ago

Three little circles at the exit of the launcher lane, and across the playfield. Must be just for skillshots? can't really be used for anything else in the launcher lane can they? I can see a cool skill shot lobbing it to the upper left flipper though...

#195 10 years ago

What is that adjustable thing on the left outlane that they added in this update?

#196 10 years ago

Are those dark black dashes on the left and right Drop Targets?

#197 10 years ago

About the left outlane: maybe it can capture the ball there just above the kickback, using a magnet or a post, and then it can fire the kickback on the player's command? Should make sense while the outlane wall is moving, so you could time your shot to hit the drop targets on the right.

Quoted from spfxted:

Are those dark black dashes on the left and right Drop Targets?

Yes, probably.

#198 10 years ago

Kickback lane, drop targets, ...so far I'm liking this a lot. I guess the top left is the Big Toy Reveal?

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from diesel64:

About the left outlane: maybe it can capture the ball there just above the kickback, using a magnet or a post, and then it can fire the kickback on the player's command? Should make sense while the outlane wall is moving, so you could time your shot to hit the drop targets on the right.

Yes, probably.

would also explain why it looks like theres a wireform feeding that outlane.

#200 10 years ago

Hi-Res Hobbit Playfield

Hobbit_pf.jpgHobbit_pf.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.