hobbit.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
200.gif
Hobbit.jpg
hobbit.jpg
1358403732696.gif
image.jpg
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 10 years ago

Right side of playfield...see below link

3 pop bumpers, ramp, spinner, magnet, VUK, wireform, subway

http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1104524641178-262/top+right+Hobbit.pdf

#2 10 years ago

I just got my email update too. On my phone currently so am looking forward to looking at this later.

#3 10 years ago

i was hoping for a little more... but it's progress, it's all good.

#4 10 years ago

I think, by the end of Aug, we'll see the whole thing!

#5 10 years ago

Just like my WOZ by end of August.

Pics of new machine, while excited for others, not interested at this time.

#6 10 years ago

Sign me up, they're firing up the line!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think, by the end of Aug, we'll see the whole thing!

don't forget to give the year... sorry, low blow but it was there for the taking!

#8 10 years ago

I know it's fun to talk over these little leaks, but honestly, they don't tell us anything. LOOK SOME POP BUMPERS I'M GONNA PRE-ORDER RIGHT NOW.

Either show something real, or just keep it close to your chest. Not hating on JJP, I'm very much looking forward to seeing this machine, but I dunno that I can take years of little teases, it's just going to wear out the emotional fun of it all.

I guess it's just part and parcel with the whole super early pre-order thing, but not a fan. Something to be said for Stern not showing anything until the machine is basically done and practically ready to ship.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Pics of new machine, while excited for others, not interested at this time.

Thanks for the tip.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

don't forget to give the year... sorry, low blow but it was there for the taking!

Unsubscribe.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Either show something real, or just keep it close to your chest.

...and I like seeing it in parts. It's fun.

#12 10 years ago

No one has spent even a few mins really looking at it yet huh? You are all missing something

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and I like seeing it in parts. It's fun.

I'd like seeing it in parts a whole lot more if the price wasn't going up at the end of next month. Decisions... Decisions...

#14 10 years ago

Interesting stuff going on that I'm trying to fully figure out. Certainly the hole right of center at the bottom is a VUK with an under field trough leading to it. I'm not sure how that plays with the three inserts stretching diagonally up to the right above that, or the semi circular point after those inserts. Clearly the drain for the pops feeds down and through this area. I'm wondering if that means that balls exiting this area will drop down the hole and be re-served up through the VUK. Not sure.

The skill shots look like you try to soft plunge through either of the two gates that lead into the pops.

The ramp in the center is a little different too. It is clearly a ramp up, but at its apex there is also a ramp that feeds off to the right to the wireform that leads back down the field. Not sure how that split in the ramp at the upper left of the drawing is supposed to work exatcly.

Three is also just the edge of something in the center of the field at the top. That looks a bit complex. I wonder what kind of mechanism that is.

-Jim

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No one has spent even a few mins really looking at it yet huh? You are all missing something

Subway?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for the tip.

Not trying to be a downer as I am excited new machines enter the hobby. But until I receive my first game from the manufacturer I can't get excited about progress of a new one. I've been emotionally drained waiting. Covered in another thread so please carry on with excitement.....

#17 10 years ago

There is also some interesting thing at the lower left hand side of the drawing. Looks a bit like a flap, or something that raises and lowers. I'm basing that off the two small holes in it. Centaur had a flap that fired balls up into the field from below. I wonder if that is similar to what this is, but with balls fired down the field. Or possibly not, impossible to tell from just the rectangular outline.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The Newton Ball? Subway? VUK? Enlighten us.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#19 10 years ago

For those that are afraid to click a link:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 10 years ago

I already mentioned the subway. Other than that, it's hard to figure out much what some of the other interesting tidbits might be. That ramp combo in the upper left has me a bit perplexed. Something innovative there?

#21 10 years ago

Pinchroma! Spill it! What am I missing?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

flow?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Looks like a subway that leads to a VuK.

#24 10 years ago

There looks to be a ramp divertor!

#25 10 years ago

What is the thing on the top left sticking up? That's the main thing I can't discern.

#26 10 years ago

If it's really mind boggling, could the thing on the top left be an upper playfield lift Now that would blow my mind a little.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

I shall say NOTHING! More to come next week. This is me

#28 10 years ago

Looks like a newton ball in the center with a long path to a stand up target (Similar to Centaur) and then some type of toy behind it (Smaug?).

#30 10 years ago

the arrow is pointing directly at it, so i guess you have to shoot in it and comes back in the subway, something like that.

#31 10 years ago

What's weird to me about the main ramp in the upper left is that if the ramp goes up and to the left, I'm not sure how that works with the rail return on the right that seems to join with this ramp and come down. Possibly there are two levels of ramp here with the one feeding the rail return to the right crossing over the main center ramp going up. But it doesn't look like that from the drawing with what seems to be a diverter. If they are one ramp, then that ramp feeds in from the left from somewhere else and the top of the ramp handles balls going two different directions (up and to the left and down and to the right rail). I just can't wrap my head around it.

#32 10 years ago

What does that square mean in front of the ramp?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

What is the thing on the top left sticking up? That's the main thing I can't discern.

Could it be a motor or coil for controlling a Smaug toy?

#34 10 years ago

I don't know what the hell I'm looking at! ....but, I LIKE it!!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Insert

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The one directly in front of the ramp looks like an insert but the one farther down at the bottom of the pic seems to have rivets and reminds me of the pop up ramp on RFM. Hmm...

#37 10 years ago

looks like there is 3 level of ramps. there's gotta be a upper playfield.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

What's weird to me about the main ramp in the upper left is that if the ramp goes up and to the left, I'm not sure how that works with the rail return on the right that seems to join with this ramp and come down. Possibly there are two levels of ramp here with the one feeding the rail return to the right crossing over the main center ramp going up. But it doesn't look like that from the drawing with what seems to be a diverter. If they are one ramp, then that ramp feeds in from the left from somewhere else and the top of the ramp handles balls going two different directions (up and to the left and down and to the right rail). I just can't wrap my head around it.

Maybe a ramp shot that makes it past the diverter, but not the full ramp rolls back, the diverter opens, and the ball rolls down the habitrail?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

The one directly in front of the ramp looks like an insert but the one farther down at the bottom of the pic has rivets and reminds me of the pop up ramp on RFM. Hmm...

Yeah, I said I thought it looked like a pop up ramp as well. I was thinking Centaur, however.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know it's fun to talk over these little leaks, but honestly, they don't tell us anything. LOOK SOME POP BUMPERS I'M GONNA PRE-ORDER RIGHT NOW.
Either show something real, or just keep it close to your chest. Not hating on JJP, I'm very much looking forward to seeing this machine, but I dunno that I can take years of little teases, it's just going to wear out the emotional fun of it all.
I guess it's just part and parcel with the whole super early pre-order thing, but not a fan. Something to be said for Stern not showing anything until the machine is basically done and practically ready to ship.

If nothing was shown there would be multiple threads complaining about that and how the company is obviously bankrupt due to lack of Hobbit updates.

What's really going on is that people just like to argue about shit. Whether it's Stern quality, Jersey Jack delays, or whether so and so is asking too much for his Funhouse, the littlest thing will set a thread into a downward spiral of obsessive arguing and nitpicking. It's the same people over and over too. They complain all the time about these things but secretly they love the drama.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

...the one farther down at the bottom of the pic has rivets and reminds me of the pop up ramp on RFM. Hmm...

seems like it.

if it's the case, that is pretty cool, the ball jump in the air and land on the upper ramps.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

looks like there is 3 level of ramps. there's gotta be a upper playfield.

I agree, I can't think how this can work unless that's multiple levels of ramp and it's just not all shown. I would think the rail ramp must duck under and come from somewhere on the left (possibly another ramp) to flow back to the right flipper.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Yeah, I said I thought it looked like a pop up ramp as well. I was thinking Centaur, however.

I missed that when I read your post. Good catch. I'm definitely intrigued. Looks pretty interesting.

I've always been a Balcer fan. I put him up there with Trudeau as an innovative but under appreciated designer. Can't wait to see what he's come up with here.

#44 10 years ago

The VUK hole is a little interesting too. It appears to be open to the main field from the lower left. Does this mean that you can shoot from the main field towards that hole? If so are you trying to jump the hole to get up to the semi circular object up and to the right of the hole? Could that be a saucer? If it is a jump shot, that's different for sure. I would worry a bit about wear, however...

Also that will be one VERY busy VUK if all the balls coming from the subway, pops and return from the saucer jump shot (if that's what it is) all fall into it and get re-served up into the wireform.

-Jim

#45 10 years ago

Hinged ramp and a magnet at 11:00 clock.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

They complain all the time about these things but secretly they love the drama.

Pinside had been taken over by women?

#47 10 years ago

Pop up troll bash toy? Bottom of picture on left.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

Pop up troll bash toy? Bottom of picture on left.

That would be another possibility for what some of us think could be a pop up ramp. That would be pretty funny if they put in a pop up troll.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I missed that when I read your post.

I think it is less likely to be like Centaur now that I think of it, which is a fixed flap that gets fired up and through, than something that pops up to shoot, like the pop up ball catcher on Theater of Magic, or a troll like on MM.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.