hobbit.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
200.gif
Hobbit.jpg
hobbit.jpg
1358403732696.gif
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heckheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

Interesting stuff going on that I'm trying to fully figure out. Certainly the hole right of center at the bottom is a VUK with an under field trough leading to it. I'm not sure how that plays with the three inserts stretching diagonally up to the right above that, or the semi circular point after those inserts. Clearly the drain for the pops feeds down and through this area. I'm wondering if that means that balls exiting this area will drop down the hole and be re-served up through the VUK. Not sure.

The skill shots look like you try to soft plunge through either of the two gates that lead into the pops.

The ramp in the center is a little different too. It is clearly a ramp up, but at its apex there is also a ramp that feeds off to the right to the wireform that leads back down the field. Not sure how that split in the ramp at the upper left of the drawing is supposed to work exatcly.

Three is also just the edge of something in the center of the field at the top. That looks a bit complex. I wonder what kind of mechanism that is.

-Jim

#17 10 years ago

There is also some interesting thing at the lower left hand side of the drawing. Looks a bit like a flap, or something that raises and lowers. I'm basing that off the two small holes in it. Centaur had a flap that fired balls up into the field from below. I wonder if that is similar to what this is, but with balls fired down the field. Or possibly not, impossible to tell from just the rectangular outline.

#20 10 years ago

I already mentioned the subway. Other than that, it's hard to figure out much what some of the other interesting tidbits might be. That ramp combo in the upper left has me a bit perplexed. Something innovative there?

#31 10 years ago

What's weird to me about the main ramp in the upper left is that if the ramp goes up and to the left, I'm not sure how that works with the rail return on the right that seems to join with this ramp and come down. Possibly there are two levels of ramp here with the one feeding the rail return to the right crossing over the main center ramp going up. But it doesn't look like that from the drawing with what seems to be a diverter. If they are one ramp, then that ramp feeds in from the left from somewhere else and the top of the ramp handles balls going two different directions (up and to the left and down and to the right rail). I just can't wrap my head around it.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

The one directly in front of the ramp looks like an insert but the one farther down at the bottom of the pic has rivets and reminds me of the pop up ramp on RFM. Hmm...

Yeah, I said I thought it looked like a pop up ramp as well. I was thinking Centaur, however.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

looks like there is 3 level of ramps. there's gotta be a upper playfield.

I agree, I can't think how this can work unless that's multiple levels of ramp and it's just not all shown. I would think the rail ramp must duck under and come from somewhere on the left (possibly another ramp) to flow back to the right flipper.

#44 10 years ago

The VUK hole is a little interesting too. It appears to be open to the main field from the lower left. Does this mean that you can shoot from the main field towards that hole? If so are you trying to jump the hole to get up to the semi circular object up and to the right of the hole? Could that be a saucer? If it is a jump shot, that's different for sure. I would worry a bit about wear, however...

Also that will be one VERY busy VUK if all the balls coming from the subway, pops and return from the saucer jump shot (if that's what it is) all fall into it and get re-served up into the wireform.

-Jim

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I missed that when I read your post.

I think it is less likely to be like Centaur now that I think of it, which is a fixed flap that gets fired up and through, than something that pops up to shoot, like the pop up ball catcher on Theater of Magic, or a troll like on MM.

#54 10 years ago

The magnet clearly catches balls to drop into the pops. That makes sense, since there is no other way to really get the balls to go in there other than the skill shot (which I guess would be scored by switches on those ball gates).

#57 10 years ago

Well the most innovative thing I see is what appears to be the VUK hole jump shot I described a few posts back.

I really like the Newton ball, pop up flap thing and return of the subway. Looks very decent and has lots of potential.

-Jim

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Oh, and the popper looks pretty much like doc ock with a longer lane and inserts on SM, right?

Well similar to doc ock, but there you didn't really jump the saucer to do anything beyond it (other than stop). Here it looks like a full jump of the VUK hole.

1 week later
#187 10 years ago

Looks like this game is filled with wireforms. Also that looks like there are three pop up toys now, and that they block shots. (Edit: make that 4 pop up toys, looks like another one above the arrow top center left) The target banks with standup targets behind them are cool too.

An interesting wireform in the far left looks like it might drop balls into the outlane and that they may (or may not) get plunged back into play...

-Jim

#193 10 years ago

Speaking of the 4 flippers. Based on the full layout just cobbled together by Peter http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=1020788&bbat=120254&inline&fullsize
it looks like the shots on the right side of the field are better aligned to the lower left flipper leaving me to wonder what besides the standup targets near the hot dog insert that are best shot from the upper left flipper. I would imagine the upper right flipper is meant to shoot the toy as yet unrevealed on the upper left.

-Jim

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

What are thsoe two wire forms on both sides that look like they 'dead end' into the other two wireforms that drop into the innermost inlanes? Are they going under or over or what?

I'd say they join and go to the inlane.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heckheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update?tu=heckheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.