(Topic ID: 21212)

Help identify a pinball in a real estate listing?

By blondetall

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Dewey68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pretty_woman.gif
    pinball2.jpg
    pinball.jpg
    armor.jpg
    pinball2.jpg
    pinball.jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

So I decided to stop lurking on the forums today (since it's a slow work day) and help a friend/co-worker look at new real estate listings. Low and behold, the first one I look at is a "unusual style" house and I spotted a pin in 2 of the pics. Now it is driving me crazy wondering what kind it is, because it is only a few miles from my house, and if they are selling the house maybe they want to sell the pinball too... Any ideas? You guys can usually identify them from a picture of a 2 inch section, so hopefully this is easy. Thanks!

pinball.jpgpinball.jpg pinball2.jpgpinball2.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Data East Simpsons

#3 11 years ago

That launcher looks like its from Jurassic Park.. and so do the speaker covers (sorta).. but that Backglass does not. I'm stumped.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from P42Hogger:

Data East Simpsons

That looks like the right Backglass, but look at the 2nd pic. That launcher is a gun/phaser, not the typical plunger you'd see on the Simpsons.

#5 11 years ago

Looks like DE Simpsons to me also.

#6 11 years ago

DE Simpsons with a JP launcher?

#7 11 years ago

There is more than one pin there. Look at the first pic and see where the Simpsons pin is in relation to the top floor balcony. Then look at the second pic. That game is much further into the room than the Simpsons, it's past the poster on the wall. There may be 3 pins there, but you can't tell from the pictures. Looks like maybe a jukebox in the corner as well.

#8 11 years ago

I agree with Dewey, and looks like there's also an arcade cab next to the pin in the second pic.

Edit: And a couple of guitar cases in the next room... I wanna see this place!

CSI Edit: Pachinko machine next to the pin in the first pic?

Post edited by pzy

#9 11 years ago

I saw the one pic with the gun and thought it was a JP also, until I saw the backglass too, then was stumped. I looked through all the other pics to see if maybe they have multiple ones, but these are the only pics I could find with the pin in it, and it seems to line up that it's the same machine. Maybe I just need to request a showing... there's also a suit of armor in the house so it might be worth it to just poke around. It's kind of a medieval piratey house from what I can tell. lol

armor.jpgarmor.jpg

#10 11 years ago

you're missing the point, there are 2 different machines, a simpsons for sure and a gun shooter one. There is also a pachinko and maybe a standup vid, yellow trackball control? 1st pic shows simpsons and pachinko. if you stand in front of the porche pic the games are on your left.
    second pic if you are in front of the porche pic the games are on your right.

#11 11 years ago

Looking again I agree with Dewey. Looks like there are at least 2 pins. Yup, I need to make a call...

#12 11 years ago

im thinking the gun is a TS but maybe im wrong the yellow hue makes me think of it.
    oops its a DE

Post edited by royce6135 : was wrong

#13 11 years ago

The one with a gun is not a Shadow, it has a DE apron...

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from royce6135:

im thinking the gun is a TS but maybe im wrong the yellow hue makes me think of it.

Gotta be a JP, it's got the Data East logo on the apron.

D'oh, Tomdotcom beat me to it!

Post edited by Dewey68 : Too slow!

#15 11 years ago

I think the gun is JP. Same gun as mine, yellow flippers/buttons, and I can sorta make out the pteradons.

#16 11 years ago

The one with the "gun" is Fish Tales, I think.

EDIT: OK nevermind if it's Data East, cannot be FT.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

The one with the "gun" is Fish Tales, I think.

Nope, fail...read above

#18 11 years ago

Of course, now that I shipped my JP in from Cali, I found out there's one a few miles from me.
    I emailed the realtor and gave my info in case the owners are wanting to sell. If so, I can't afford much right now since I'm saving up for Predator, so I'll pass the info along if by some chance they do contact me. I'm sure with all the weird stuff there they may be wanting to keep them, but you never know if you don't ask. Thanks for all the help guys.

#19 11 years ago

It looks like the same pin in both pictures. Look at the Porshe poster on the wall, the two cables hanging down in the middle of the room, the black railing on the pin, and the brickwork on the wall where the fire place is. It's the same room from different angles. The only think I can defiantly make out is that there is a DE logo on the apron in the second picture

#20 11 years ago

JP and Simpsons (DE)

#21 11 years ago

nvm my bad on the ts reference. oops now i know more on the de east apron looks

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

It looks like the same pin in both pictures.

I thought so too at first, which was what was confusing me. But the DE Simpsons is almost directly under the corner of the balcony and lined up more with the door across from it, to the right of the car poster... and the JP is lined up more with the edge of the fireplace, more inside the middle of the room, to the left of the car poster. I guess the Simpsons is far enough over that you can't see the edge of it in the JP pic.

#23 11 years ago

lol, Jurassic Park and Predator side by side...oh, the awesome synchronicity.....

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Jurassic Park and Predator side by side

Husband asked if I was going to redecorate if/when Predator gets there. I just looked at him and said "I'll add big palm trees."

#25 11 years ago

That would fit both. Hilarious.

#26 11 years ago

Get down there quick, I did the same thing with and IJ and was beaten by hours as he called local dealer and sold for half its value. People selling houses often cant or dont want to take bulky items.

#27 11 years ago

The one with the grip launcher is a Jurassic Park. You can see a hint of the pterodactyl on the right side of the pin and the darker cab color - the other candidates are light colored or don't match in apron or other details

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1343&picno=9450

For +1000 pts, whats the arcade game next to it?

In the other pic its a DE Simpsons and what looks like a more recent pachinko behind it

#28 11 years ago

Okay, simple answer. It is both a Simpson pin and Jurassic Park. They are both in the same place, but pictures were taken at different times. One pin was switched for the other. When? who knows. These pictures could have been taken months / years apart.

Don't know what the video game in the second picture is, but in the first picture, upper right corner beyond that half open door, doesn't it look like there's another video game there?

#29 11 years ago

Okay, simple answer. It is both a Simpson pin and Jurassic Park. They are both in the same place, but pictures were taken at different times. One pin was switched for the other. When? who knows. These pictures could have been taken months / years apart.
    Don't know what the video game in the second picture is, but in the first picture, upper right corner beyond that half open door, doesn't it look like there's another video game there?

Wrong....Simple answer is you need glasses or work on your depth perception

Two pins (at the least...enough room for 3)....Proof is in the picture

pinball.jpgpinball.jpg pinball2.jpgpinball2.jpg

#30 11 years ago

It could also be LAH. LAH had that gun and smart missle first, and the same plastic above the shooter lane.

#31 11 years ago

After looking at the area near the apron closer, I believe it is a LW3....Both LAH and JP have different colors on the PF between the flippers. LW3 has the yellow at the bottom and the gun handle.

So, LW3.....EDIT: Or not.....Gun handle looks to be different with the rounded smart bomb area, so I'm back to JP....LAH has too much blue in that area and standard white flipper bats...JP had yellow.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

So, LW3.....EDIT: Or not

can't be JP or LAH, too much blue and yellow at bottom below the flippers. Definitely a data east (can see logo, and yellow instruction cards, black lockdown bar). LW3 had two versions of the gun, the first chrome one, then black. Granted, I believe even the black one had same shape (which means material underneath, which that one doesn't have), unless for some reason he swapped it out with a different gun?

#33 11 years ago

These pictures could have been taken months / years apart.

This is a real estate listing that just got posted 3 days ago, and these photos are from the realtor trying to sell the house, so all current/at the same time. I'm emailed the realtor to ask about the pins, but probably won't get a response. Waiting for an open house.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

What is this, Ghost Hunters?

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

What is this, Ghost Hunters?

Coming soon to The History Channel: Hunting Haunted Pinballs in a Swamp Pawn Shop, International.

#36 11 years ago

I'm digging that Porsche poster.

#37 11 years ago

Is that a hustler magazine sitting on the L shaped counter near the fireplace?

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Is that a hustler magazine sitting on the L shaped counter near the fireplace?

Hope this is not a fellow pinsiders house we are talking about, but that book or mag definately looks sus

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Wrong, that's just proof that you have bad depth perception, You just drew arbitrary lines on two different pictures shown at different angles. The first picture doesn't really show how far back the pin is.
    Plus, you used parallel lines, one on top of the other from the left side of the Simpsons pin in the first picture, and parallel side by side lines from BOTH sides of the JP in the second. Not really a good comparison.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

This is a real estate listing that just got posted 3 days ago, and these photos are from the realtor trying to sell the house, so all current/at the same time. I'm emailed the realtor to ask about the pins, but probably won't get a response. Waiting for an open house.

As I said, they "Could have been taken months / years apart". Also, do you definitely know that they were taken at the same date? Or Who took the pictures? BTW where is this listing?

#41 11 years ago

Wrong, that's just proof that you have bad depth perception, You just drew arbitrary lines on two different pictures shown at different angles. The first picture doesn't really show how far back the pin is.
    Plus, you used parallel lines, one on top of the other from the left side of The Simpsons pin in the first picture, and parallel side by side lines from BOTH sides of the JP in the second. Not really a good comparison.

Wow....If you can't see the obvious, then no point in arguing....And for the record my depth perception is very good...It's how I make my living

Of course I used parallel lines...that's the point. You can plainly see the simpson's pin in on the edge of the balcony overhang. And you can see how close it is to the wall by the pachinko machine wedged in between it and the wall. The JP is clearly to the other side of the poster in front of the fireplace and nowhere near the french doors.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Wow....If you can't see the obvious, then no point in arguing.

Look Who's Talking. And My Eyesight is just fine. Don't Dole out insults if you can't take them in return. All you needed to do was say you disagree. My point is just as valid (or apparently MORE) than yours. You can't tell if the Simpsons pin is under the balcony from that picture. By the way, if the simpsons pin was Where you say it was, JP would be blocking it from the view in the first picture.
    Yet you can clearly see the side of The Simpsons.

B/S on the lines. It's not obvious, and the lines in both pictures have no true relation if their from different start points (parallel or not).

#43 11 years ago

Not trying to insult....Sorry if it came across that way.

Look at it from purely physical dimensions. The double french doors are 72" wide (standard width for a double 3 pane door). And another 48" for the distance between the doors and fireplace occupied by the poster on the wall and the chair in front. The parallel lines are meaningful because the JP is oriented perpendicular to the flooring boards, and so the parallel lines DO show the approximate location of that machine on the far wall. It's also obvious that the JP is in line with the couch. Probably another 2' into the fireplace.

Add all that up, and the JP in the second photo is ~12 feet away from the wall where the big screen TV is under the balcony.

Is it your contention that the first picture showing the simpsons is 12' away from the wall with the TV on it, and that the shadow cast into the corner of that wall from the backbox of the simpson's is 12' away?

Given that the 1st picture was taken from the back of the room behind the couch towards the TV wall (because you can see the pendant light fixtures), if it were 12' away, would you not be able to see the corner of the back wall instead of it being obscured by the Simpon's Pin?

#44 11 years ago

This is one nerdy debate. I love it! I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm actually loving every minute of it. At this point blondetall must seek out this house and get us some good pics. Robin should change the site name to pindebate.com. lol. Oh, and no offense intended. I'm a huge nerd also.

#45 11 years ago

Im with Robertmee on this one! Definitely different pins in different positions of the same room!

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from rgb635:

Im with Robertmee on this one! Definitely different pins in different positions of the same room!

Agree here. robertmee has my vote for depth perception and basic analysis. The pin in the first pic is way further back in the room than the pin in the overhead 2nd pic. EVen with the little that's visible, this is pretty obvious.

#47 11 years ago

As I said, they "Could have been taken months / years apart". Also, do you definitely know that they were taken at the same date? Or Who took the pictures? BTW where is this listing?

I also agree with Robertmee and think his drawings are spot on. I immediately saw his point about the locations, and it is 2 pins in different positions in the same room. As for the photos... they are listed on a realtor website uploaded by the realtor, and per common sense would be taken by the realtor or someone representing him/his company to show the house in current condition since all realtors go take and post pictures of the houses they are trying to sell once they get a contract on it. They do not randomly find old pictures from months/years ago and lump them all together in a listing. Plus the poster and furniture are all exactly the same in every picture. I honestly don't know why you are questioning me on this or getting so defensive on the whole issue. I mistakenly thought it was one pin and was confused by the gun/translite combo so posted for an answer, and now we have determined it is 2 pins in the same room. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, offensive, or defensive... I just didn't expect to see drama on this posting after I decided to check it after getting home from work.

Now I want to go knock on their door and ask if I can see their pins, games, and possible Hustler. lol

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Now I want to go knock on their door and ask if I can see their .... Hustler. lol

Now, there's my kind of woman! Why are all the good ones always taken

#49 11 years ago

Its clearly a wolverine x-men LE.

#50 11 years ago

Yes, Blondy...get your butt over there and knock on the door. Charm them!... You never know!

Pretty_woman.gifPretty_woman.gif

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-identify-a-pinball-in-a-real-estate-listing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.