123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 34.
#51 5 years ago
Gotgle (resized).jpegGotgle (resized).jpeg
#52 5 years ago

I got to stop in, i have clients out that way. Beer and pins, don't get any better

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeegee:

I got to stop in, i have clients out that way. Beer and pins, don't get any better

Cheers Squeegee!! We appreciate the support.

#54 5 years ago

Stop in two weeks ago. Would go back for the great selection of pins!!!

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Stop in two weeks ago. Would go back for the great selection of pins!!!

You're too kind!!

#56 5 years ago

Great beers and one heck of a line up.
Thanks Chris for doing all you do for pinball all around PA & WV!

I'm bummed I missed the PPL night there, but mountain biking events trump pinball events.

See you soon.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

Great beers and one heck of a line up.
Thanks Chris for doing all you do for pinball all around PA & WV!
I'm bummed I missed the PPL night there, but mountain biking events trump pinball events.
See you soon.

Cheers LEE!! Glad you got to stop out. Pedal and
Plunge will move to the trail closest to Helicon. Of course hearing from yourself and Mark about this would be awesome. Hope to see you there next time!

#58 5 years ago

I had to be in Pittsburgh over the weekend, and was delighted to enjoy a brew and the great lineup at Helicon for a few hours. I'll be paying a visit again for sure when I'm in Pittsburgh. The coolest thing was playing in the evening with the large space next to the pins open to the outside air.

Chris--maybe it's just me, but I think the flipper strength on Houdini and AFMR could be bumped up a bit. However, I realize as an operator you might be hesitant to do that. Also, the scoop on AFMR shot the ball SDTM about half the time and the ball was having a good bit of trouble getting seated properly in the plunger lane, so the next time you service the pins you might want to make some tweaks.

Thanks for making these high-end fantastic titles available. I look forward to visiting your other locations when I'm in the city as well.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I had to be in Pittsburgh over the weekend, and was delighted to enjoy a brew and the great lineup at Helicon for a few hours. I'll be paying a visit again for sure when I'm in Pittsburgh. The coolest thing was playing in the evening with the large space next to the pins open to the outside air.
Chris--maybe it's just me, but I think the flipper strength on Houdini and AFMR could be bumped up a bit. However, I realize as an operator you might be hesitant to do that. Also, the scoop on AFMR shot the ball SDTM about half the time and the ball was having a good bit of trouble getting seated properly in the plunger lane, so the next time you service the pins you might want to make some tweaks.
Thanks for making these high-end fantastic titles available. I look forward to visiting your other locations when I'm in the city as well.

Hi Joe!! Great to hear from you. If I would have known you were out there I would have brought the kids. I'll be meeting with Chris, the owner of Helicon, tomorrow afternoon so I will have a look. Helicon is one cool place. People really like the product and they also enjoy the pinball. First round on me when you come back.

Cheers!

C

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hi Joe!! Great to hear from you. If I would have known you were out there I would have brought the kids. I'll be meeting with Chris, the owner of Helicon, tomorrow afternoon so I will have a look. Helicon is one cool place. People really like the product and they also enjoy the pinball. First round on me when you come back.

Thanks so much. Hopefully we'll run into each other on another visit. I go to Pittsburgh about once a month, so I look forward to trying to put up some high scores in time. Take care.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

More
Thanks so much. Hopefully we'll run into each other on another visit. I go to Pittsburgh about once a month, so I look forward to trying to put up some high scores in time. Take care.

Give me a day notice. Always good to see you. Best Joe!

#63 5 years ago

Second place like this ain't bad. Haha

IMG_4037 (resized).jpgIMG_4037 (resized).jpg
#64 5 years ago

One that’s adorable but two if he actually got second place playing like that

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

One that’s adorable but two if he actually got second place playing like that

That's me so I can confirm I did do that. =)

#66 5 years ago

I’ll have to check the place out.... I’m only a 20 minute drive away

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I’ll have to check the place out.... I’m only a 20 minute drive away

Worth a look. Great selection and TNA incoming very soon. Number 191.

Thanks for your interest. Also quality beer and always a good food truck on the weekends.

2 weeks later
#68 5 years ago

Some additions for helicon. Still waiting on our TNA but told it will be entering the fold soon.

Helicon 2 add (resized).jpegHelicon 2 add (resized).jpegHelicon 3 adds  (resized).jpegHelicon 3 adds (resized).jpegHelicon additions (resized).jpegHelicon additions (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#69 5 years ago

Dropped by Thursday and had a good time. Great game selection, nice people and the beer is very good. Check this place out!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dropped by Thursday and had a good time. Great game selection, nice people and the beer is very good. Check this place out!

Thanks for stopping out Delt! We appreciate your support!

Friday was booming!

Helicon steel city league (resized).jpegHelicon steel city league (resized).jpeg
#71 5 years ago

Just curious what games are doing the best? Really good mix of new and old. I was surprised about how much I missed taf that I'm thinking of buying that again!

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious what games are doing the best? Really good mix of new and old. I was surprised about how much I missed taf that I'm thinking of buying that again!

Newest games are always the leaders. I have had a lot of tafs on my route. The beat integration of theme in a pinball machine is taf. By far the most requested pinball machine by our customers.

#73 5 years ago

Big thanks to the Spooky Pinball Crew and Joe at Pinballstar for helping us get TNA #191 to Helicon Brewing in Oakdale PA!!

Stop out and give it a try!

Tna191 (resized).jpegTna191 (resized).jpeg
#74 5 years ago

You guys have all the best pins in 1 location. I'm jealous.

And that beer looks amazing to boot. I know it's only 7AM but the pictures of the cold glasses of full beer is making me thirsty.

#75 5 years ago

wow - that's awesome!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Big thanks to the Spooky Pinball Crew and Joe at Pinballstar for helping us get TNA #191 to Helicon Brewing in Oakdale PA!!
Stop out and give it a try!

Looking forward to playing one that is level. The one at kickback is horrible. It's placed on a sloped floor with no leveler compensation.

#77 5 years ago

This place is great. Great beer and great pins. Thanks Chris!

#78 5 years ago

Damn, they should have the Pinburgh early check-in at this place.

#79 5 years ago

I have updated the pinball game list. Lots of nice stuff in excellent working order for the upcoming event. If anyone has any questions about the games or brews please shoot.

Cheers,
Chris Brunetti
Owner, Helicon Brewing

20180718_132825 (resized).jpg20180718_132825 (resized).jpg

20180719_123209(0) (resized).jpg20180719_123209(0) (resized).jpg
#80 5 years ago

Big THANKS to Chris B of Helicon for giving us an excellent location to play at. Games are looking and playing great. Also I can confirm that our second Lexy Lightspeed will be NIB at Helicon Brewing in the next 2 to 3 weeks!! A little birdy also mentioned a chance that Alice Cooper will be making it's way there soon as well. Thanks to everyone for the support and the praise. You are all too kind! Happy flipping and good luck at Pinburgh!

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Damn, they should have the Pinburgh early check-in at this place.

Agreed. Maybe it can happen next year! =)

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Looking forward to playing one that is level. The one at kickback is horrible. It's placed on a sloped floor with no leveler compensation.

Cheers Bobby. Hope you can make it out to see us Saturday. I will have the kids there too. My daughter is gonna own you! =)

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

This place is great. Great beer and great pins. Thanks Chris!

Thanks for the kind words. It's TRUE the brews here are something to take home.... in a growler. =) thanks for the support!

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You guys have all the best pins in 1 location. I'm jealous.
And that beer looks amazing to boot. I know it's only 7AM but the pictures of the cold glasses of full beer is making me thirsty.

It's only gonna get better. See my above post of what is on the horizon. =) also thanks for the kind words.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Big THANKS to Chris B of Helicon for giving us an excellent location to play at. Games are looking and playing great. Also I can confirm that our second Lexy Lightspeed will be NIB at Helicon Brewing in the next 2 to 3 weeks!! A little birdy also mentioned a chance that Alice Cooper will be making it's way there soon as well. Thanks to everyone for the support and the praise. You are all too kind! Happy flipping and good luck at Pinburgh!

Can't wait for AC!

#86 5 years ago

I had a chance to stop in last night and I will parrot what everyone else has been saying. Really a great location with top notch machines, and the open air ambiance really makes this the best place to play pinball locally that I have found in a long time.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can't wait for AC!

I'm being told very soon!!

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I had a chance to stop in last night and I will parrot what everyone else has been saying. Really a great location with top notch machines, and the open air ambiance really makes this the best place to play pinball locally that I have found in a long time.

Thanks Eric!

It is certainly unique and really an awesome set up around 8pm. Nothing beats a raspberry wheat, 75 degrees and some friends to flip the silver ball.

#89 5 years ago

Quick update.

All mechs were serviced.

Iron Monger back online.

Attack coil adjusted. If thi continues I will upgrade the coil to a higher number of windings.

Have a fix for crazy Bob's trap door on dialed in. Will set that up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Flipper fixed on SWLE. Plays great now.

Upper rollover switch adjusted and credits perfectly on GOTGLE.

#90 5 years ago

TAF swamp switches fixed.

I think we are just about 100%. DILE will get some treatment this evening but other than that we have a great line up ready to enjoy.

I will also ask Chris B to get a beer line up for us as some of you are asking me but I dont know all of them. I have experienced quite a few but I'll let the experts handle that.

Thanks for all the support. I've met a lot of pinside members at Helicon. We appreciate you guys and your kind words about what we have going on there.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Quick update.
All mechs were serviced.
Iron Monger back online.
Attack coil adjusted. If thi continues I will upgrade the coil to a higher number of windings.
Have a fix for crazy Bob's trap door on dialed in. Will set that up tomorrow or Wednesday.
Flipper fixed on SWLE. Plays great now.
Upper rollover switch adjusted and credits perfectly on GOTGLE.

Thanks for all of your time getting the games in tip-top shape! I really learned a lot watching you work and appreciate the extra time spent explaining things. Hopefully I can start maintaining these better on my own.

Cheers,
Chris

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Thanks for all of your time getting the games in tip-top shape! I really learned a lot watching you work and appreciate the extra time spent explaining things. Hopefully I can start maintaining these better on my own.
Cheers,
Chris

Chris B for president!!

#93 5 years ago

Wanted to reach back out to the community and thank everyone for an incredible weekend. We have never seen attendance like this and it was amazing to see everyone. I am sorry if I didn't get a chance to talk with everyone but I did my best to show some love and buy a few brews.

I want to apologize about TNA being down, this was unexpected and we are working with Spooky to get this game right. Hopefully everything will be squared away tomorrow as I have 4 hours of free time to correct any issues.

Just got word from Gerry that our 2nd P3 will be on its way this week to Helicon. We are excited for this and hope to see everyone out for a launch party.

Other upcoming events are:

The Oakdale Pedal and Plunge- September 1, 2018, 10am start. This is a bike riding pinball tournament that will have pinballs stationed on the Panhandle Trail to play with the finals taking place at Helicon Brewing. Every fee is still to be determined but I can tell you it will include a beverage or two as well as something from the grill. Anyone can participate, details to follow.

Helicon Flip n Booze- end of September. Anyone that has been a part of one of these can explain. It's a blast and you will end up paying for it the next day. $20 All you can drink pass at the brewery. Some rules include; if you drain you drink, if someone in your group gets multiball everyone else in the group must drink, you tilt, you finish your beer. There are other rules but I'll leave that announcement to the official tournament director.

Strike Tournaments are on going and there is talk of a few other unique events that will take place this year. Stay tuned!!

As a reminder that all new games from CGC, Spooky, JJP, Multimorphic, Stern and American Pinball will all be set at Helicon. Also, you may even see a few of my own creations make their way to the brewery. Be on the lookout!

Cheers,

Chris

#94 5 years ago

Myself and two other friends stopped by on Wednesday before Pinburgh to grab a few beers and play some pinball. The games are very well maintained and all played great. They were level, clean and you could tell someone took care of them. The right canon on TNG stopped working mid game and the owner was nice enough to offer to put credits on any other game I wanted to play. It's pinball, they break.

They had a bunch of LEs and other games that you don't see out in the wild much, like TNA and Houdini.

The beer was really good too. Give the raspberry flavored one a try if you're into that sort of thing. I really enjoyed it.

I'd go back if I was in the area.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Myself and two other friends stopped by on Wednesday before Pinburgh to grab a few beers and play some pinball. The games are very well maintained and all played great. They were level, clean and you could tell someone took care of them. The right canon on TNG stopped working mid game and the owner was nice enough to offer to put credits on any other game I wanted to play. It's pinball, they break.
They had a bunch of LEs and other games that you don't see out in the wild much, like TNA and Houdini.
The beer was really good too. Give the raspberry flavored one a try if you're into that sort of thing. I really enjoyed it.
I'd go back if I was in the area.

Thanks for the kind words. The raspberry wheat is my favorite beer made by Helicon. We did get STTNG up and running. As many know the cannons do strange things to wires. Quick solder job and we were back in action. We appreciate your patronage. More games are incoming! Hope you enjoyed your trip to Pittsburgh.

2 weeks later
#96 5 years ago

Just got word from our freight carrier that Lexy Lightspeed Escapes Earth will be set to arrive on Wednesday of this week at Helicon Brewing!

Thank you Gerry and the Multimorphic team for our second game of many more!! We are also pumped about getting head to head Cosmic Cart Racing!! This is going to be so cool and we love all the progress you guys are making in innovating some great features!

Come check it out Wednesday!

#97 5 years ago

Also I was informed that Lexy will be used in the upcoming Buffalo Pinball Tournament this weekend. Here is your chance to learn the rules first hand prior to the weekend!

#98 5 years ago

On the Fence about stopping out to Helicon?

How about a few hours of great beer and FREE pinball?

Helicon and Starport have join forces to provide you with Free Play Pinball and Pints!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1898483930211489/?ti=cl

LEXY Lightspeed is in, Deadpool and Pirates is coming!

See you there!

Lexy lightspeed  (resized).jpegLexy lightspeed (resized).jpeg
#99 5 years ago

Oops! There is free play this August 23 also!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1898483930211489/?ti=cl

Thanks Bobby!

#100 5 years ago

Just got confirmed tracking for Jersey Jack's Pirates of the Caribbean! This unit will be at Helicon Brewing tomorrow or Monday. Have to get my schedule together!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/2?hl=squeegee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.