123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

I'll def stop by as well (excited to play some TnA! when it arrives). Good to know about this place.

2 months later
#69 5 years ago

Dropped by Thursday and had a good time. Great game selection, nice people and the beer is very good. Check this place out!

#71 5 years ago

Just curious what games are doing the best? Really good mix of new and old. I was surprised about how much I missed taf that I'm thinking of buying that again!

#75 5 years ago

wow - that's awesome!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Big THANKS to Chris B of Helicon for giving us an excellent location to play at. Games are looking and playing great. Also I can confirm that our second Lexy Lightspeed will be NIB at Helicon Brewing in the next 2 to 3 weeks!! A little birdy also mentioned a chance that Alice Cooper will be making it's way there soon as well. Thanks to everyone for the support and the praise. You are all too kind! Happy flipping and good luck at Pinburgh!

Can't wait for AC!

3 weeks later
#101 5 years ago

Wow this place just keeps on getting better

#107 5 years ago

did deadpool arrive at Helicon?

#113 5 years ago

Awesome. I'll prob stop by tomorrow.

3 weeks later
#136 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Deadpool LE #11 incoming. Will arrive before the weekend. If you plan on carousing at our JJP Pirates Launch Party, we will also have some DPLE#11 to give a spin.
See you all this weekend!!

the best keeps on getting better - NICE!

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I was impressed. I buy every LE and to be fair I'm not always impressed by the vision of the art. I dont know how you make someone's art better or more desirable but some cabs I've preferred the base or premium versions. The LE is truly my favorite on this specific game. Hope to see you there. May have my alien completely working with many insane fixes added to the line up also. We will see if ill risk it again.

Did you get your Alien from Cointaker first batch? I could be wrong but I think I met you when you were picking up Alien from Melissa at the warehouse. I got mine the same day.

Bring back Alien if you can - that would amazing!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We have met and talked a few times on the phone. You text to ask about the topper mine had. I was in Sunbery with you that day and offered to transport your game for you. =) thanks for supporting what I do, you are too kind.

yep I thought so. At that time you had the place in WV - thanks for bringing a place much closer to me! No joke, I would support sending a monthly fee just to keep these games coming in like you're doing. It's amazing to get the newest games right away and so close by. Plus the beer is actually good - a lot of these micros sound good but taste bad. Not the case at your place.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Your Deadpool LE is amazing. I can’t believe how much better it played than the pro. Played it for about an hour. Again thanks for investing so much in location pinball for all of us to enjoy.

Damn now I'm enticed to really try it out. I thought the pro wasnt bad.

3 weeks later
#175 5 years ago

Nice - GOT LE!!! I've been wanting to play that.

1 week later
#181 5 years ago

I was there last night for an hour and really had a good time. So many pins now - great choices great beer.

2 weeks later
#206 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Whitewater and Earthshaker have arrived and are playing great.
We are up to 27 pins. The full list can be found on the pinside Helicon location page (https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11372-helicon-brewing-oakdale-pa).
Also, there are still plenty of tickets available for tonight's event. $20 ticket gets you free play on all pins from 4pm-11pm and two draft beers.

I would be all over this if I wasn't traveling for work. Definitely next time

1 week later
#231 5 years ago

I don't do Facebook. Is this set for next Monday?

3 weeks later
#280 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

True story. Game is looking and playing great! Thanks @cjmjmm2006!!!
[quoted image]

The best keeps on getting better.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

That getaway would be sweet at Helicon. =) I actually am getting one ready soon. MBrLE too!!

My Getaway at Helicon? That additional alien could help make that happen so pm me haha ; )

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Weeeelllllllll looky here!!
[quoted image]

Willy Wonka JJP??? haha

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

It says right on the front of each box. “Killer Queen”.
I’m assuming they are these https://killerqueenarcade.com

Haha it does! Top center white paper. Nice

2 weeks later
#316 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

My name is mud! On site today at the Brewery! Morning delivery scheduled.

MBr LE?

2 weeks later
#331 5 years ago

Incredible!!

1 week later
#354 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Just got word that 4 Munster PROs will arrive at Helicon today!! Exciting stuff. Pics to follow!

Even with the snow!? Helicon continues to be the best. If work wasn't so crazy right now (on the metro going in right now). I'll be back soon

#365 5 years ago

What's the latest on MBr? I have one coming in too but would love to try it out early!

#373 5 years ago

So monster bash in the house?

EDIT - I can confirm yes.....and it's beautiful. Dare I say it's nicer looking than my pirates. No joke.

1 month later
#431 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Going to be interesting to see how it goes. I'm excited as always for every pin.

I'm excited to play it as well. Interested when it comes in

#434 5 years ago

Get the hell out of here! Seriously unbeatable collection.

#442 5 years ago

so is Alien, TBL and/or Octoberfest there now?

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You live like 15 min from the place why aren't you there???
How much longer before they start moving brewing equipment out of there to make more room for pins???

more on the 25 side but still close.

Soon enough b/c every time I visit there are more and more which is great.

3 weeks later
#459 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Still some testing to be done but they are functional in my shop.
Hopefully BK will hold you over along with the additions of Star Trek, Batman 66, Spider-Man Vault Edition, Mata Hari and Congo!

Are all of those in there now?

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Without any bias, they have my absolute favorite beer, raspberry wheat. The stouts are both good. I am not an IPA drinker so I have no opinion on those but there is no doubt the local beer community loves them. The product is consistent. I haven't had a beer that I totally disliked yet and chrisb is very passionate about a great experience at Helicon. If you decide to make the trek, message me and I will cover your beers you don't like. Even better I'll cover your first 4 as long as you promise to Uber to your hotel.

second the raspberry wheat - amazing beer.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks for stopping in Bill! We appreciate you! Octoberfest and Alice Cooper should be in the house this week. I was told that Alice is shipping from Spooky Monday. I'm excited to see how people feel about both games. I'm also told that Wonka is not far behind. Stay tuned!

Wow I'm super excited to play both those games. Please update thread when you get them

Wonka not far behind? Whaaaa? I thought it's shipping two months from now and standard first....

#482 5 years ago

just curious - what day do you expect alice and october? I might take some time off from work ; )

#488 5 years ago

Oh hell yes. I might drop by tonight. Cheers

Can't wait until Octoberfest hits too

1 week later
#525 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

For those without Facebook. #delt here are the details
[quoted image]

Thanks! Not a Facebook guy so much appreciated
Will def drop by if I can. I might even try to stop by tonight to get some Alice Cooper action. I'm really considering buying that game but need a little more time. It totally caught me off guard.

1 week later
#543 4 years ago

Bsd is a great addition and that Congo that recently came in is pine of the nicest I've seen.

I'm going to try and stop by this weekend. Monday is a no go unfortunately due to work.

Doesn't get better than this place. Awaiting the return of your best beer imo (Ras weat ale). Double IPA is my go to now

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

CV is one of my least favorite games to play but each of these
will definitely make an appearance at Helicon. Hopefully a Wonka
update soon too!

I'll throw out ToM as well.....

Looking forward to trying out Wonka

#568 4 years ago

seems like a good day for helicon to me!

#571 4 years ago

Every time I go Chris asks how the machines are playing and I always see him tinkering/addressing things. You can't ask for a better place than this as a Pinball fan.

3 weeks later
#599 4 years ago

Awesome great update!

#611 4 years ago

Wow Wonka next week? Damn. Great to hear

#617 4 years ago

THE absolute best. Unbelievable guys!

#627 4 years ago

Nice summary. Will check it out tomorrow as tonight wasn't in the cards

3 weeks later
#687 4 years ago

Stopping by this afternoon. Saw Wonka again with my kids and that movie is so good would make perfect pinball. I'm giving it another clean try with new code. So much I want to love about it!

#696 4 years ago

Another great visit. Place was bumping. Fantastic place that keeps on getting better. Of course Chris on full effect checking everything out and always helpful.

As for Wonka, I can't think of a game I want to love more but this game absolutely kills me. Theme integration and music/sounds is still such a mess I'm frustrated about it bc I really want to buy it and literally have cash in hand. Oh well. Such a blown opp. On to Jurassic hopefully

2 weeks later
#829 4 years ago

It just doesn't get better folks. My premium is on order and the pro had already landed. Awesome. Can't wait to play it so helicon!

1 month later
#928 4 years ago

That's awesome! Will definitely be stopping by this week

The best keeps on getting better

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We are adding a few more games to helicon. I know. Shocking!!
Data East Jurassic Park
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Full Throttle
Not sure if we announce White Water, Firepower, Jungle Queen and something else I forget. Haha
Have fun! Great to see the legend Grace Tonight. Also it was ok seeing Jeff too.

Nice. I'm coming tomorrow to play some! Moved my meetings to today to make it work!

#937 4 years ago

Had a great time today at Helicon playing a JP LE. Chris, as usual was super helpful and actually took time to explain the rules to me.....which allowed me to land the GC score!

Had a great beer too.

I love this place. The best there is period. Thanks double Chris!

20190920_124413 (resized).jpg20190920_124413 (resized).jpg20190920_124417 (resized).jpg20190920_124417 (resized).jpg20190920_124421 (resized).jpg20190920_124421 (resized).jpg20190920_124423 (resized).jpg20190920_124423 (resized).jpg20190920_124426 (resized).jpg20190920_124426 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#954 4 years ago

So I'm eating at my favorite wings place in Pittsburgh (Burg's wings - get the canjun) and guess what I see on the menu? HELICON raspberry wheat! My favorite.

Congrats on having it served at Burg's.

The best Pinball. Fantastic beer. Great owners. Cheers

Edit drinking #2 so good
20191012_173712 (resized).jpg20191012_173712 (resized).jpg
20191012_175515 (resized).jpg20191012_175515 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#993 4 years ago

IJTPA? When did they get that? Maybe ToM is not too far behind. That would be 2 for 2.

6 months later
#1119 3 years ago

Awesome! Sounds great!

#1123 3 years ago

Same here - might stop by this afternoon

1 week later
#1157 3 years ago

Knowing Helicon, TMNT can’t be far behind.....!

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

It arrived today and it is absolutely fantastic! There are worse lineups of games to play. Super huge amazing thank you to Chris M.!!!!!!
Cheers,
Chris B.
[quoted image]

That's it I'm coming tonight. Gives me a reason to take this out!

20200625_210840 (resized).jpg20200625_210840 (resized).jpg

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Nice choice. Manual trans?[quoted image]

Yes - the only choice! In fact I bought the C7 b/c it's the last manual trans. C8 is auto only. BS.

Great helicon experience! They are LOADED with games, and as usual, have all the latest. I just put in my impressions of TMNT in the club thread.

1 week later
#1200 3 years ago

Happy to support you guys during this nonsense. Helicon is no question the best pinball place in Pittsburgh. I would argue the country if not the world.....

Cheers.

And F covid. Happy 4th everyone.

2 months later
#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hmm.
Wondering if you guys might be getting a certain Stern game in the very near future..??

when is avengers expected to ship? No doubt they'll get it first.

#1215 3 years ago

well I can't wait for you guys to get it. Excited to try out the pro.

#1217 3 years ago

Yeah def let us know when it arrives. I'll be over!

#1218 3 years ago

any update on avengers? Just had two meetings cancel this afternoon!

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Are they open on Mondays?

good point!!

#1225 3 years ago

Wow and even an LE!? The best of the best

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:Time to fill some growlers and kick some Thanos ass!

Yep - I'm going to stop by today if possible.

#1234 3 years ago

I stopped by as well. The game is very good. At first the pro looked bare especially in the middle but after playing you quickly forget and just fall in love with the shots. I'm actually thinking of getting one now - that's how good it was.

Art btw is nice but the weakest I've seen from zombie. Just very generic. Still good but zombie is special. The art is not special on the pro imo.

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Played a quick game. Was really impressed with how the shots felt. Man that iron man tower shot is great. Well done buy the ladies and gents at stern pinball. Keith continues to pave the path of innovation. Can't wait to set up the LE.

Yes - it's a very good game!

Just curious - which bar will the LE be setup in?

#1260 3 years ago

Holy shit that's awesome. LE I'm assuming?

#1267 3 years ago

so is today still the day? Have a nice opening from 3-5.....

Already have an LE ordered but happy to support and drop as much coin as possible ; )

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Awesome can't wait!!!

Just wrapped! That's great to hear. Super quick!

2 weeks later
#1316 3 years ago

Can’t ask for any better customer service than that fellas. Place is #1 for a reason.

2 weeks later
#1337 3 years ago

Went recently and had a great time checking out the latest releases (avengers, GnR) along with some new oldies like ToM. Always a great time. The best of the best - Helicon!

1 week later
#1350 3 years ago

Return of TZ? Love it!! Great addition!

2 weeks later
#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Rick and Morty is outta the box and next to the dude! First one for public play in Pittsburgh. Huge apologies to everyone that waited for this game. I truly wanted to receive it much earlier but this is when we got it and I'm happy to have the game at Helicon! Big thanks to Chris at Kingpin Games for getting us this unit. Also as always huge shout to Gary at Abel Electronics Gaming for being the boss that he is delivering our 5th Location JJP GNR!!
[quoted image]

Rick and Morty now in the house too? So on top of Big Lebowski, GnR, JJP POTC - and now this. Amazing. Seriously. So lucky to live 20 min away from this place. The best there is.

6 months later
#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Will we see Mandalorian at helicon?

was just wondering the same.....

#1458 2 years ago

Nice - I have some time today. Will try to drop by. Plus it's SO nice outside

4 months later
#1488 2 years ago

Def will stop by to check it out. Is maiden coming back btw? Or is it somewhere else now Chris?

3 months later
#1529 2 years ago

With work not insane, I was able to stop by my favorite place and it was bumping today. Game selection was awesome and the new beer choices were really good. I ended up taking home a big bottle of one, perfect for the amazing UFC tonight.

Helicon - continues to be the best in the business. Someone get this place a TWIPY

Of the new games I haven’t played - celts sucks, LOV is by far the best AP game. I love having TnA back btw.

2 months later
#1538 1 year ago

Love this place. It really needs to be nominated best pinbar during the next TWIPY awards. Very lucky to have Helicon in Pittsburgh.

I’m so addicted to Cirqus Voltaire that I’m probably going to buy one but what place has that on route? Great selection. Digging the brown ale too.

If you’re local and haven’t been here you need to stop by and support a great place for beer and pinball.

8436B50D-2B4C-46B3-9942-B81473578740 (resized).jpeg8436B50D-2B4C-46B3-9942-B81473578740 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1547 1 year ago

Would love to see Deadpool make a return! Awesome to see alien for the masses to experience.

4 months later
#1566 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Catch Stern's latest "Brewcade Hopping" video featuring Helicon, with great interviews with Chris & Chris, of course, and plenty of recognizable pinsiders. Superb video showcasing the best beer and pinball combo location anywhere!

Great video guys! #1 place in Pittsburgh, argue the country. We're lucky to have you.

1 month later
#1571 1 year ago

Weird al back on? I just noticed they had it - wanted to def try it out.

4 months later
#1584 1 year ago

Time to stop by again!

#1587 1 year ago

HELL yes. So lucky to have you guys. See you tonight!

1 week later
5 months later
#1612 7 months ago

Seriously - the best is right here in pittsburgh. Unbelievable! Great job

1 month later
#1614 6 months ago

Has venom LE or prem landed yet at my fav place? Curious to check it out!

3 months later
#1636 84 days ago
Quoted from chrisb:

14x Jaws (Pro) landed at Helicon early this morning and will be set up for play at the brewery until at least Wednesday morning when they are moved to other locations.
Folks are welcome to stop down any time to play today, even before we open.
[quoted image]

the best!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.