123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericc123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Awesome, I’ll be sure to stop in soon and again when you get TNA.

#17 5 years ago

So you operate the machines at Voodoo, Helicon, and Starport Arcade and Pub in Morgantown? That's awesome! I actually just drove to Starport on Wednesday to play TNA for the first time but it was down

#30 5 years ago

I’ve never played in a tournament before but this location is close enough that I must say that I’m intrigued. I only get one Saturday off a month (not this one unfortunately) is that the day that you normally run them?

2 weeks later
#42 5 years ago

Was the picture from the last tournament or something different?

2 weeks later
#64 5 years ago

One that’s adorable but two if he actually got second place playing like that

1 month later
#86 5 years ago

I had a chance to stop in last night and I will parrot what everyone else has been saying. Really a great location with top notch machines, and the open air ambiance really makes this the best place to play pinball locally that I have found in a long time.

3 weeks later
#103 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks Delt! We have 4 deadpools incoming next week! Hope to see you there!

Four Deadpool’s just at Helicon? I’m not complaining but why? That’s amazing that you are getting POTC so soon. I agree with Delt Helicon just keeps getting better and better!

#108 5 years ago

Cjmjmm2006 can verify this, but I believe the shipment was delayed until today or tomorrow.

3 weeks later
#127 5 years ago

I’ve never been to a launch party how does it work? Is it a tournament on just Deadpool?

1 week later
#153 5 years ago

Your Deadpool LE is amazing. I can’t believe how much better it played than the pro. Played it for about an hour. Again thanks for investing so much in location pinball for all of us to enjoy.

1 month later
#198 5 years ago

Your collection at Helicon just keeps getting better and better. I've always wanted to play a White Water and now it looks like I'll have the chance. Are you planning on getting a Beatles?

#200 5 years ago

On my way to Helicon in about an hour after work. Can't wait to see what's there. Here's hoping that White Water made it already

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Chicago Gaming Company too! And maybe some day Dutch!

Chris dropping the pinball knowledge! If Alien shows up you could add Heighway but that’s a big ask.

#224 5 years ago

I had another amazing time at the Helicon’s monthly tournament today. As always thank you to Chris and Chris for being a beyond gracious host and for being the best darn pinball operator around. White Water was everything I had hoped for. I can’t wait for next month.

3 weeks later
#274 5 years ago

Agreed, I love having that information on a website as I don't use Facebook either. I had no idea about the Helicon Open I am so down for that it's crazy.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Lets see if you got what it takes. =)

I assure you that I don't but I'm still coming lol.

#292 5 years ago

Beat me to it lol

1 week later
#306 5 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Any update on which games will be played for the Open?

Are the games played on Friday and Saturday for seeding (everyone plays on Sunday) or is there a cutoff for who plays on Sunday?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#309 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I believe qualifying is Friday and Saturday with finals being Sunday. So you can qualify either of the first 2 days and if you make the cut you are eligible for match play Sunday.

Yeah that was my question, if there was a cut or if everyone who played was just playing for seeding and everyone plays on Sunday. I'm guessing the cut will be based off of participation numbers. Good luck to all and I hope to see everyone there supporting a great establishment and great pins!

2 weeks later
#328 5 years ago

Great read Joe, thanks for sharing.

3 weeks later
#383 5 years ago

Craziest launch party ever. This place is hopping.

8F04A8BA-171E-4A95-9E3B-4977802BECD4 (resized).jpeg8F04A8BA-171E-4A95-9E3B-4977802BECD4 (resized).jpegBE34302D-FC8F-425E-B6B1-ADD4DAD7E3BE (resized).jpegBE34302D-FC8F-425E-B6B1-ADD4DAD7E3BE (resized).jpeg
#398 5 years ago

For what it's worth the Pints & Pinball tournaments are the third Saturday of every month according to the website. http://heliconbrewing.com/arcade/

Thank would make the next tournament this Saturday 2/16/19

#405 5 years ago

I love how the Adam's Family topper is perfectly in the background and it doesn't look out of place.

4 weeks later
#428 5 years ago

Regardless of what you think of the theme you have to admit that it's perfect for a brewery. Heck the launch party should all be in one handed play mode.

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Shopping out these 2. Do you think they would improve the collection of games at Helicon?
=)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes please.

1 week later
#452 5 years ago

Chris, where did you take that overhead picture from? Drone, selfie stick, or a really tall ladder are my guesses.

2 weeks later
#460 5 years ago

I've been waiting to get some time in on a Batman 66 in the Helicon environment. You are a great operator and thanks for keeping the great games coming.

3 weeks later
#535 4 years ago

Wonka's not on the line yet so if he had one that would be quite the accomplishment. All kidding aside just go and don't wait, the collection is insane and the beer is incredible.

1 month later
#619 4 years ago

It’s time

B5A5DF1A-2F9E-47EE-B22C-C392B05A87AF (resized).jpegB5A5DF1A-2F9E-47EE-B22C-C392B05A87AF (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#648 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It's team league night at Helicon. Stop by and find out what it's all about!!

What time? I had no idea that Helicon was doing a league.

#666 4 years ago

So...Big Lebowski coming to Helicon soon? lol

1 week later
#704 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Helicon will be hosting a head-to-head, 3-strike tournament at 7:00pm on Wednesday, July 31st as a warm up to ReplayFX. The cost to enter will be $10 with 100% of the proceeds going to the prize pool. There will be at least one, maybe two food trucks and the brewery will be open later than usual with last call at midnight. Additional details and updates will be posted on the facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/946024392402925/.

Is there a way to reserve a ticket in advance or is it first come first served the day of the tournament?

1 month later
#922 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Tomorrow 9/14 is our Jurassic Park launch party: https://www.facebook.com/events/503255467130833/
There are still tickets for the free play event this coming Monday 9/16: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-play-pinball-september-16th-2019-tickets-72167574157
Also, three new games were added today:
-Jungle Queen is back, same game that was here before after a shop out.
-White Water is back, different game than was here last time--no lightning flippers so please go easy!
-Firepower, new to Helicon, a super fun classic.
Cheers,
Chris

I must have just missed you. I brought the wife and kids in around 12:30PM for my lunch break. We had a blast as usual. The 5 year old asks to go to Helicon by name now and she had the choice of Chuck E Cheese lol.

1 month later
#956 4 years ago

That's awesome! I absolutely love the raspberry wheat and I'm not really a drinker so that tells you a lot.

4 weeks later
#969 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Welcome aboard. The plans for Helicon for late December early January will be legendary. Thanks for your support!

I'm looking forward to the second annual Helicon Open. I'm hoping to improve on my 8th place finish from last year.

7 months later
#1126 3 years ago

I can't wait to get back to Helicon and play some pins. Going on vacation next week but will look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#1182 3 years ago

I stopped in today on my lunch break. Just a breathtaking amount of pinball machines. TMNT is awesome, I didn't care for Hotwheels, and unfortunately The Big Lebowski was down but I'll play it some day.

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What didn't you like about HotWheels? I was surprised with how accessible it was.

It just seemed boring to me. No real mechs that interact with the ball, not in love with the theme, and the music was forgettable.

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Hi Eric,
I heard you were in--sorry I missed you. TBL has a known software issue where the audit logs overwrite the game code after so many plays. I will find the time today to rewrite the SD card and see if that works.
Cheers,
Chris B.

You know me I’ll be back as soon as I’m able and I’m sure I’ll play it eventually. What is the policy with alcohol sales currently? I’m assuming I can buy something to go. I’m not much of a drinker but I want to do my part to support the business.

#1193 3 years ago

Well I finally got to play TBL and I really enjoyed it. It’s too bad DP has had so many problems because that is a solid playing games with a lot of mechs. That being said TMNT LE has arrived and that game is just special. I purchased a growler to go so as always thank you to the Chris’ for keeping pinball going.

4F532F36-2B55-4C29-A559-D4AE5481E5E0 (resized).jpeg4F532F36-2B55-4C29-A559-D4AE5481E5E0 (resized).jpeg776DDD9F-62A1-465B-8F84-267CB4A675E4 (resized).jpeg776DDD9F-62A1-465B-8F84-267CB4A675E4 (resized).jpegE54A2B56-FAF7-49F5-9797-9E9DD55F773D (resized).jpegE54A2B56-FAF7-49F5-9797-9E9DD55F773D (resized).jpeg

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Is the pro still there?

Yes

2 months later
#1210 3 years ago

The Chris’ are the best. I try to support Helicon any way that I can during the pandemic.

2 weeks later
#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

any update on avengers? Just had two meetings cancel this afternoon!

Are they open on Mondays?

#1223 3 years ago

Coz If you ever make the trip let me know and I'll buy you a beer. Their beer is fantastic by the way.

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'll be out today as well. Hope to spot some of y'all in the wild.

I was just there. Played the Pro because the LE wasn't unboxed yet. Amazing shooter! I had two extra balls, got the Soul Gem mini wizard mode, and won a free game on my first game. Not too bad.

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Great game, but I think Stern definitely made a mistake with all of that yellow.

Agreed. Game shoots like a dream, and yellow is my favorite color, but even I have to admit that is a bit much.

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

The cab is what it is but the game is so much fun imo. Well done Stern!!

Yeah, it's amazing. I would say that it's probably at the top of my wish list right now.

#1261 3 years ago

Well that didn't take long. This place is amazing!!!

2 months later
#1384 3 years ago

cjmjmm2006 Any plans on ordering a RAZA from Deeproot or are they too much of an unknown at this point?

#1388 3 years ago

I stopped in for lunch today because I was hoping to play Rick and Morty before the new restrictions go into place. It was down again. Is this game having issues out of the box?

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Wish I would have checked this thread before heading down there tonight because I was hoping to get to play it as well. Got there only to find it was turned off. I haven't had a chance to play it yet and hopefully it will be fixed when they open back after the new year.

I got a Helicon gift card from my secret Santa I can’t wait to go back!

3 weeks later
#1399 3 years ago

I’m looking forward to getting back in the building for some pinball and brews.

1 month later
#1432 3 years ago

Chris, I listened to your interview it was very impressive. I have a whole new appreciation for what you do (not that I didn't before). Hopefully this covid thing will die down and I will see you at Helicon again soon.

#1445 3 years ago

I like the JJP section. When are you bringing back Dialed In? lol

4 months later
#1468 2 years ago

Chris, any chance of tournaments on Sunday's? I work most Saturday's but would be able to make almost every one that you host on a Sunday. Also, are the games still at the old location or are they moved to the new one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 85.00
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericc123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa?tu=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.