(Topic ID: 198116)

Has 2017 been a bad year for Stern code support?

By PanzerFreak

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is 2017 Sterns worst year for code support?”

• Yes 163 votes
      88%
    • No 23 votes
      12%

(186 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bm66 (resized).png
    c (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

Ya to balance this game out enough to benefit playing other things aside from Martell. To make iron throne higher scoring than hotk that way if you blow your hotk in tourney you still have a way to come back if you play great ball. Do something with wall multiball besides make it an intermission in play. The game is good, how about make it better than good with some adjustments.

This is all personal opinion though. Massive scoring opportunities with three other houses outside of Martell.

I've almost scored 4 billion in IT. Been there 5 times. I've never even gotten half that in hundreds of times to HOTK. Could just be me there though.

Wall multiball? Stack it with WHC. Or be Trent Augenstein.

Definitely agree the game can be better though. I would mainly like some more fanfare for some of the modes and multiballs (Blackwater is sooooo good) before I would like to see anything else.

#118 6 years ago

It's really pretty simple with how stern codes. Expect the game to get to 1.0 eventually. After that, expect the game to be finished outside of a bug update or two.

So for AS, outside of a bug update or two, expect no more

KiSS, GB, GOT, expect no more.

B66 and SW. Safe bet more to come until at least 1.0 (I think both are still pre 1.0)

If you go by this, combined with buying a game after you play it, doubt you'll ever be disappointed.

Not sure why this keeps getting discussed.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Because Ghostbusters has never had that final pass that it desperately needs. So yeah, there's plenty of reason to be disappointed there. It has game breaking bugs and still has placeholder modes (the two wizard modes are a joke). Score balance is bad. It's a very good game that could be great with minimal effort. Minimal effort often times proves to be too much, however.
    No other manufacturer in pinball would leave a game with a game stopping bug in it forever...or even for this long. And they don't sell nearly as many machines. Simply put, Stern cares the least about the state of their final product than any other manufacturer. State of code is the easiest way to prove that.

Did you put time in on the game before you bought it? I've put plenty of time on ghostbusters. I've determined the game is not for me due to some of the very things you mentioned.

Sure we can want things to be done differently, and lots of those complaints are certainly valid, but if you just run with what I said above and I promise you your experience will be better.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

how can they call Ghostbusters version 1.0 when there are modes listed on the instruction card, and inserts on the playfield, that aren't implemented in the game?? there is no getting around the fact that it is literally unfinished -- and that's WITHOUT going into the scoring imbalances or bugs.

All I can tell you is that it's past 1.0 to them, and to not expect anymore updates except possibly bug fixes and scoring balances.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, I played it plenty. I ordered an LE and was able to play the pro a lot and put time in on a premium (Pinball Showdown had an LE/premium hybrid real early) before mine shipped. Thing is, with Ghostbusters, bugs got WORSE after it shipped. They have literally introduced more bugs than features post launch.

care to expand? I haven't noticed anything worse with the updates. I'm not saying you're lying, but I just haven't seen any gamestopping bugs you mention. Might not be the best tournament game, but haven't noticed anything catastrophic.

If Dwight revisit it, it will be good for him to know about these.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Getting stuck in a mode that won't finish is game stopping. You can't score pretty much anything when a mode won't finish. In fact, I had that happen to me in a tournament. That was real fun. Having the ball eject during the video mode to end a game is absolutely game stopping. I've also had it happen more than once that Slimer moved to the Ecto Goggles but shooting it won't collect. So you can't progress through modes.
    Ghostbusters has a lot of bugs. Many of those bugs ruin a game.

Are these bugs experienced in a premium LE only? Never once seen any of these in a pro. Playing this in tournaments and on location multiple times a month for multiple plays a night seems like I should've seen it at least once by now.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I think it's Spook Central that won't complete. The video mode ejecting a ball is also a common bug

People exploit the video mode plunge all the time at this location, never seen the issue outside of early code revisions. Any specific situation where it happens consistently?

Spook central same thing Which shot is left when you cannot complete it? Maybe something isn't registering?

For the other stuff, again. Possible they get a revisit, but assume they won't.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-2017-been-a-bad-year-for-stern-code-support?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.